Why are there so many dumb people in college?

Why are there so many dumb people in college?
Also why are most people in college majoring in shit like English and History
I honestly don't understand why would you waste all that time and effort on a degree in English
I'm majoring in CE and even i feel like it isn't worth it

because dumb people have been fed the lie their entire lives that college is necessary to do anything at all in life
and, of course, (((student loans)))

Of course most people have to study bullshit, if all of a sudden the majority of the youth is supposed to go study, in order to be indoctrinated for relli guud, guud goy.

>The "English is a useless major" meme

Think about every official document or press release you've ever read. It's somebodys job to write that. They can get very good money for it. Wanna know what those people majored in?

Nothing because anyone with a basic education can read and write?

>going into thousands and thousands of dollars of debt to get a degree that doesn't get you any work and you end up getting a job that you could've gotten straight out of high school
falling for the college meme is inexcusable

it's not that going to college is bad
it's doing nothing with that potential which is the bad thing, and is becoming more and more prevalent

Dunno about the states but the new meme degree for learning to write well is 'Communications'. That being said I agree. I work in science and engineering and it's extremely important to communicate your ideas using words properly and lots of people don't have that skill .

This is true. But for one only a handfull of people really excell in such degrees, and for two, only a handfull of people are actually needed with such degrees. Granted, translators will be needed for some more time, since AI sucks so hard at natural languages.
But other than that, all the funny non-degrees like femanons, blackhistorykekism, artistery and pottery, ... well... there is a reason all those degrees are even a thing in the first place.

And use proper grammar? Make sure you use proper capitalization and punctuation? Ensure that all words are properly spelled? Yeah, not many people can do that. Not to mention you need published work. Are you legit this stupid?

I honestly wish I could major in something like History or a social science. I think I'm better suited for social science than social science is suited for me. I want to aim for self-actualization, but I come from a well-off family and I'm told that I'll find fulfillment in a respectable field with big financial benefit.

t. Chemistry major

Isn't that what you just did?
You don't know how to use capital letters?

>I want to aim for self-actualization
>self-actualization

Because people have varying interests and talents, and taking a bunch of classes that you have no interest in or trying to excel in a field you're not 'good' in will make your college experience horrible.

I've heard technical writers are also in high demand.

Meteorology master race

Maybe those people shouldn't be at a college in the first place, but learn a trade instead?

My English teacher used to say she majored in English because she hates money.

>implying you do jack shit, and not the computer running the weather simulation
>and the guys programming the weather simulation
>and the guys doing the hardware stuff
Let's face it. Unless you're hot, and can be shown on tv to announce clouds, snow and rain, you're pretty much useless.

That may of been case a long time ago, but now, there's really no point especially in the fact most people get jobs because nepotism and networking of who you know.

Also, College tuition increases at an alarming rate so quickly each year. It's disgusting.

College is for people that need to be told what to do.

Look at any, truly successful person.

They most likely didn't go to college.

Only one president had a PhD in America.

College is just a (zionist) extension of the indoctrination process, and one you have to pay more for at that.

I'd say the bigger issue though is not that people are from your perception dumb, but from an objective perspective of how unprofessional people are in STEM fields at the very least.

Nobody knows what the fuck they're doing and are just following what they think/are told to do.

Start being the ubermensch and choose your own destiny and take charge, pleb. Dumb beta cuckold! Be the alpha!!

>tfw studied Film
>everyone laughed at me
>make $90k/ year as a production manager only 3 years out of school

English is a waste of time. The future is in technical/ media fields.

English meme degree =/= an actually useful technical or professional writing degree

You are from the United Corporations of America.

It's all about business, idiots agree to pay this tuition, big business is happy to take it.

Having people pay you to attend your marxist brainwashing institution, afterwards shackling them to your evil money lending industry through crippling debt.

>Cause you know goy, you're not going anywhere in life without a college degree.

My friend majored in History and got a job working with Travelers Insurance

Basically employers just want to see you have a degree, your education is 100% pointless

>Think about every official document or press release you've ever read. It's somebodys job to write that.

"Spell Check"