Brexit Cancelled

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39200658

The government has been defeated in the Lords as peers backed calls for a "meaningful" parliamentary vote on the final Brexit deal by 366 votes to 268.

BURN DOWN THE HOUSE OF LORDS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=61knwOj8uvs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>to the surprise of absolutely no one

Shut up nigger and accept the establishment or you go to the tower

Iv been saying this for months. Le pen is the most important election.

Can someone tell me why the fucking commons didn't stick with the revised bill and get it over with? Afaik, it only guaranteed the rights of EU nationals here, I have no problem with that

It isn't Brexit cancelled. It's Brexit just fuck my negotiation up.

Brexit isn't cancelled. A second vote on leaving is cancelled.

It's just that rights for EU citizens malarkey.

As a brexit voter I'm not that fussed about it, in my eyes Poles and etc aren't the problem i couldn't give two shits if they stay or go.

As long as they're white and christian, that's all that matters.

It's this what Jefferson meant by the line in the declaration of Independence that reads "see ya wouldn't wanna be ya?"

Who exactly are these lords?

that was the one before this one.

This would actually benefit you, most of your EU citizens are white. Deporting them will make you less white.

Because Europe has yet to guarantee the same in regards to British Expats, and we shouldn't guarantee anything until Spain promises to keep the pensioners.

Remnants of the monarchy, peasant

But user, you want pensioners back in UK. They have retired funds to spend and live outside of London.

Can some monarchists clue in a Yankee doodle here about the House of Lords? Its unelected right? How often do they throw hand grenades at the commons?

dumb american

But Poles aren't white. Jamaicans and Pakis are more white.

I still fail to see how exactly brexit will leave Britain in a better position.

>How often do they throw hand grenades at the commons?
This isn't Sweden

Why the FUCK do you still have Lords lol? Can some britbong explain this to me?

If the House of Commons is the bedroom, then the House of Lords is the cuckshed.

>A FUCKING FRUIT PASTILLE.

It's the amending house, until 1999 it was hereditary meaning some families had been in it since the 15th century, Blair """"reformed"""" it so that rather than being hereditary it's packed with ex politicians and party doners, as well as some Bishops. It can do some good by slowing down the elected stupidity of the Commons when they go full populist.

To stop Germany trying to turn us into the mess they've become.

What good are they? They have money? What retains their political power?

I'm confused. So, The UK isn't leaving the EU, after all? :(

This.

They want Brexit to fail badly so are trying their hardest to make it fail badly, forcing us to accept a bad deal so they can say "Ohh well we said you shouldn't do it" If we did it without those cunts we'd probably be fine.

REMOVE LORDS

This, fake news, OP is a bundle of sticks otherwise known as an amusing double entendre

>There are still shits on Brit/pol/ who defend the HoL because muh tradition

Faggots, all of you.

Halt Islamization.

If Brexit gets cancelled then that proves Britons have lost control of their government.

Wouldn't the monarchy be pro-independence to ensure the continuation of their power?

Brexit isn't cancelled, nearly all Tories and most of Labour will vote in favor of triggering Article 50. May doesn't want to give UKIP a second chance and Corbyn doesn't want to nuke whatever remaining support he has with working class types. And, more importantly, neither are interested in challenging the national referendum.

Better get out soon after Le Pen wins you go down with the ship.

>Brexit isn't cancelled, nearly all Tories and most of Labour will vote in favor of triggering Article 50.
they already have.
They aren't the problem.

We have two houses just like you.
The second house is unelected, accountable to nobody and full of remainers.

Welp, time to boot the UK out of the cool nations club. That's what happens when you have shitty archaic traditions meddling in government.

Kek

B R I T A N Y E S

R

I

T

A

N
Y

E

S

Hope it goes through though and it probably will, but it will be very messy. The kikes want to scare other EU countries.

Fucking jap moot.

Enjoy your cultural enrichment, britcucks.

ANGLO'S BTFO

It's the nobility right?

Fucking idiot op. Not cancelled in the slightest

No, its businessmen who have donated to political parties.

Then May will do it anyway and the House of Lords would be unable to stop her as the House of Commons wouldn't be willing to displace her or change the policy. The courts would whine but they have no power if the legislature chooses not to enforce their directive. The Remainers aren't even a majority within Labour (at least, not a majority willing to depose Corbyn), their power is minimal.

>(((lords)))

>Anons ITT think this means anything of substance.

Because they are not elected. Memebers of parliament know if they go against the wishes of the people they are out of a job next election. The lords can shit all over us with impunity and the politicians knew this and they're delighted.

A few nobility with state offices like the Dukes of Norfolk, and some Church of England Bishops but mostly just people who give money to whatever government is in charge at the time.

Elizabeth May is a globalist plant inserted to stop Brexit, I dont know how people can fall for her bullshit

I hope they go full throttle shill for the EU, then maybe my vote could have been a two for one, with Brexit and ABOLISHMENT OF THE LORDS happening!

MBGA!

>his country has a form of goverment whom you cant vote for

Actually, let's back up for a moment: the house of commons could simply reject the current article 50 amendments, thereby denying the house of lords the power for an article 50 vote. Which means May could just trigger it herself.

At this point I don't really give a fuck.

The Brexit meme was fun for a while, now it's clearly a train wreck waiting to happen.

May as well go and suckle on the EU cock for longer - things are looking shit by ourselves.

Nobody who matters in the real world, like most people across the pond.

they can delay and meddle with things but basically thanks to that fucking scum blair it's a retirement home for da cronies

But all the other nations in Europe have constitutions that guarantee the rights of foreigners.

Meanwhile Britain has no such thing as a constitution, fuck sake the Queen can at any time legally say fuck it I'm in charge now.

What's the chance of Spain actually telling the Brits to fuck off, I wouldn't think so

Nice concern troll David

this

b-but muh brexit
lol eat shit bongistanis

But the court decided that Article 50 can't be triggered by the government alone, Kevin

wasn't it by the prime minister alone?

Kek'd

I'm just a happy richfag from Norway who doesn't really care about you poor britfags anyway.

But EU would be better of without your sobbing asses.

No, government, i.e. Tory MPs. Instead they need parliamentary approval, i.e. commons and lords

You son of a shit.

>"I don't care if a white christian migrant take my job". Say the cuck.

Immigration is bad, sandnigger or white, I don't care. Out. This is my land !

youtube.com/watch?v=61knwOj8uvs

>house of lords functioning better than commons as usual
>autistic screeching

>House of lords

When are you assholes going to embrace a proper republican government?

Don't give in to those asshole sconeshit.

>implying magna carta wasn't the original constitution

Fuck out of here.

So assuming May doesn't role over and accept the amendments her options are either wait for the Parliament Act which significantly delays Article 50, which is unacceptable to both the Government and the EU, call an election with the Brexit terms in the ory manifesto. Or some 3rd option I can't think of right now, flush the Lords with new Loyal peers?

In essence, yeah, so she should really roll over the minor points and just trigger A50 already

Since she promised to trigger it by the end of March, so one or two more bounce-backs to the Lords and she misses that deadline which hurts her

Just keep playing ping pong vetween the Commons until the Lords either back down or May uses the Parliament Act to BTFO them.

Alternatively, May could just call an early election and put Lords reform on the table if they keep delaying and putting unacceptable shit in the amendments but it's a bit of a mess. I don't want to see an elected or abolished Lords, just a reformed one that's cut down to a smaller size than the Commons, capped in numbers and has an improved selection process.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((LORDS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Wow, he is really taking-the-piss out of Brexit, folks.

So is Brexit happening at the end of march or what how.

May's got a weak hand against the Lords because she needs to rush the bill through before the end of March, plus there's always a risk of backbenches deciding they like the amendments.

I thought the House of Lords was neutered, anyway.

Not really, she's still got a nuclear option of stalling it's progress and calling an early election to make sure there's a significant pro-Leave majority in the Commons and the prospect of legislation to punish the Lords.

It'll delay Brexit, but having a Leave majority Commons, devastating Labour, getting rid of Carswell and possibily gaining some UKIP MPs and cucking the Lords with reforms would be worth the trouble and delay to A50.

It is, but it can still cause problems and delay things for up to a year. Not to mention Blair flooded it with cronies and gave it a large Labour majority. Reform to cull the numbers dramatically would deal with this so calling an election might be a good idea.

No they aren't you fucking moron.
Until 1997 they were all hereditary aristocrats who were overwhelmingly conservative.
Since then the vast majority of hereditary peers have been removed from the house and most are cucked political appointees who get their seats by being mates with the prime minister.

>slavs
>white

choose one

My grandma's sister is a Baroness

Fuck me she has a Wikipedia article and everything

It's about time the west killed all the pedophile politicians and their kike masters.

Military needs to refuse any orders for nuclear launch too. Kikes are too stupid to realize their security would eat them alive in their bunkers either way. Whether they drop the bomb to try to save their skins or not, they wont be in charge, men with guns will be.

I seriously hope no one is naive to think that this is actually about stopping Brexit, and not about trying to kill the Lords for good.

Soon it will get overturned, the lords won't fight it and the remainers finally will realize it's happening and their incompetent leadership can do nothing about it.

Can be dealt with though, just needs reform again to keep the good elements while removing the things fucking it up at the moment like unlimited numbers, cronyism and the shit-tier appointment system. Revise it all and it can work again while keeping it's level of expertise and skill. Start by removing the entire current membership and letting them re-apply through the new methods. Main things that need to happen are:

>Merit-based appointments made by a non-partisan committee
>Cap on numbers to be smaller than Commons
>More crossbenchers
>New recommendation system where half the membership is based on public-backed petitions for individuals to be considered by committee for a peerage

If we did this we could overnight make the Lords great again.

The soon to be redundant.

Alas, for a place that's supposed to be more informed than normies, most people can't be bothered to actually read the news.

These are the same people who are so desperate to deny that Trump has gone soft on key issues such as battling corruption and destroying cultural marxism.

I wouldn't worry what the foreigners think, as they don't think at all.

It has been said before
It will be said again
Sub 60%
Mongrel men

As adverse the usual elitist. The elite don't like to be challenged.

> British Democracy

O look it's Peter Mandelson.

I'm not really worried. The effect it had on the people was amazing and that attitude won't Change.

What pisses me off is the people voted for brexit but haha no fuck the millions of voters, these couple hundred political figures disagree and have stopped it.

Democracy isn't really meant to function that way I thought.