Does college really teach you "how to think"?

This is something I hear all the time. I myself never went to college. But how does it teach you how to think?

They do, but they try and teach you how to think liberal, not how to think for yourself.

To some extent, but it depends on what classes you take. I think actively problem solving and trouble shooting as well as involving yourself in a diversity of situations is the best way to learn how to think. You should read from a wide range of sources and rationalize your thoughts as best as possible.

The smartest man I ever met never finished high school.

Fpbp

No.

Schools dont teach you how to think.

Schools are filters who separate the genetic inferior from the superior.

A good school is not letting you memorize Shit and repeat it so you get good boy points.

A good school shows you how to collect information and you have to do the 1+1.

rewards are given for the ones figuring it the fastest.

Critical theory aka cultural marxism
I wish i was kidding

They teach a controlled narrative.

This is mostly true--most higher education today is miseducation. I received a really excellent education, I majored in Classics, and because of the personalities of my professors and my own personality type I emerged unscathed by marxism. That's not the case in most colleges, especially now that diversity classes have become so widespread (I graduated in 09 when it was just getting underway)

It's more than that fellow comrade! The Party decides on how to think, how to speak, how to act and how to be! Now march in lockstep and praise diversity!

Also holy fucking shit lol my captcha was a dude falling from a helicopter

They teach you how to activate your almonds.

Also, was the draw of college always that it taught you how to think? I assumed that for most of history, the draw was that you had access to information that most people didn't have. But now that colleges can't claim that anymore, they have to claim something else of value

It depends on what you major in. Math and hard science teach you how to think about those respective fields. Physics teaches you how to think about everything. Anything other than those teach you what to think, which is, cut off your dick and give all your money to blacks.

in liberal arts there's a variety of theories, some are presented, while others are repressed

in anthropology they teach out of africa instead of multiple regional development

in history they'll mention the six million whenever possible, but they wont talk about the 30 million dead from the communist great leap forward

first year sociology tend to teach the class in a bit of historical order, and how we keep progressing to a better society

in economics they love to teach about the demographic dividend brought with birth control and female's in the labor force, but they don't mention that it's creating a reduced surplus of production now, because of labor shortages

in many programs now there's a required sociology class about privilege, don't take it and no degree

jordan peterson does a good job talking about this

>in 09 when it was just getting underway

There has been strong liberal influence in higher education for literally centuries

I'm thinking about in majoring in either majoring in Education and history or Education and classics to become a teacher so I can drop subtle red-pills to high-schoolers. What do you think should I do that or find something else to major in?

>Does college really teach you "how to think"?
it teaches you how to type an essay properly or be heavily penalized, makes you kick bad habits like procrastination or face failure, lets you interact with people your age group without your parents holding you back

College lets you spread your wings after you leave the nest back home, either you fly and move on with your life or plummet to the ground and become depressed and a disappointment to your family

it's mostly this

but they then have to get rich kids to complain about inequality

It used to, when you had to figure out how to pay for it.

Now that "student loans" have made college tuition raise faster than inflation to the point of making it expensive enough to ruin your life only two type of people go to college.

richfags whose parents can afford it and people who can't think.

If they could think they would realize that paying 200k debt with 40k salary does not work

It used to. It doesn't any more.

Yes

>does it teach you how to think?
depends if you're trying to learn that

Well look at it this way. You can choose never to attend class, study the material given, and retain your political ideas all the way through. That was your choice of thinking without instruction, something college gave you an opportunity to do.

If you retain every single word your profs/instructors give as almost infallible and necessary for learning. You are not thinking for yourself, but thinking about what they want from you.

They won't be there to tell you what's wrong or right after college, so in the end, it was always your ability to think for yourself that guides you through.

They don't teach you how to think, they teach you what to think.

And the what is """progressive""" leftism.

No, you teach yourself to think, but if you genuinely learn from a college, if you genuinely have will, the effort to not just memorize and repeat facts without question or criticism like an automaton, but to love knowledge and be confident in challenging the status quo no matter what it is, then you can think.

Does North Korea really democratize their government?

It doesn't, because it doesn't teach excessive classical sources. Now the aim of the western education is to create either somebody who is subordinate to the state, or somebody who is capable of becoming a worker straightaway. The idea that education is for formation of a person is gone

>what a waste of time and money.

Well as someone who got a degree in math, yeah absolutely. Doing hundreds of long proofs for my courses absolutely changed the way I think and taught me to approach problems differently.

I understand, however, that this is not everyone's experience.

Heres a fun screenshot of a legit table shown to us in a top 10 medical school.

>poor uneducated minorities don't beat their spouses or children at higher rates than what you find outside of that demographic.
>literally trying to shove this down our throats.

only STEM based colleges,

anything else NOT

>diversity

You lost me there

lol, "slovenia"

its the difficulty and depth of the topic, and the intelligence of the instructor, not the subject matter itself

yeah it really made me think
as in really turned those gears
also really fired up them neurons

they should but they don't.

that table is correct. Blacks arent abusing their spouses because they have long abandoned them.

Anything that attempts to 'teach you how to think' is indoctrination.

University is quite effective at that.

The real question is whether university coursework gives one practice reasoning logically, which it typically doesn't.

If they did, right-wing speakers would be allowed to speak.
/thread

topkek.jpg

if only IPV didn't stand for "interpersonal violence". but yeah, black people aren't violent or disproportionately violent towards their own.

Also note the fucking table disagrees with itself.

>black people aren't violent or disproportionately violent towards their own.
lol