MSM ON WIKILEAKS IN YOUR COUNTRY

AND THE REACTIONS

German TV:
> minor coverage, just a few seconds of "hacker base in Frankfurt" between two other topics
> overshadowed by the kid murderer you probably heard about, that's the big deal guys!
> overshadowed by Erdogan calling germans Nazis once again ... REAL bug deal guys!!

German Websites:
> only two, Tagesschau and Spiegel Online covered it, but with mid tier articles and very shallow
> the others HAVE articles, but tiny ones hidden in the sidebar, at best without picture
> focus on "muh frankfurt base", and try to make it look professional / against terror
> make it sound like daily routine, no author's comments, just tech facts

German Reactions:
> most are cynical like "wew really?? I think only russians do that stuff! :O", maybe two thirds
> a sixth makes jokes about Wikileaks promoting Trump and Putin
> a sixth of a third makes defeatist "this is not new at all, we are all spied on" comments

German Newspapers:
> can't say, don't read them. krautbro could elaborate.

HOW IS IT COVERED IN YOUR COUNTRY?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LBl2l76fp0w
youtube.com/watch?v=a42f55YOCSg
youtube.com/watch?v=ThDzPbpTsvE
youtube.com/watch?v=I7RR9gBk4UI
youtube.com/watch?v=a5RHqO1YBn0
youtube.com/watch?v=EfcU8dk8POE
youtube.com/watch?v=sZGl9oCbm8c
youtube.com/watch?v=qsYnhVITf9E
globalnews.ca/news/3293936/smart-tvs-and-cars-could-be-used-for-spying-wikileaks-report/
youtu.be/0X0Teo5AxQM?t=3531
bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39197664
archive.is/3MAKs
archive.is/86B8s
archive.is/KQrhf
archive.is/OImfF
archive.is/wORM9
20minutes......fr/monde/2026731-20170308-wikileaks-revele-suppose-programme-piratage-cia
francetvinfo.....fr/faits-divers/affaire/assange/wikileaks-revele-que-la-cia-peut-espionner-via-des-smartphones-ou-des-teles-connectees_2086479.html
tempsreel.nouvelobs......com/monde/20170308.OBS6264/wikileaks-revele-un-programme-de-piratage-organise-par-la-cia.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They are too busy showing immigrant sobstories to care.

you dont need to be a tinfoiler to wonder why they keep it down... i dont get it. should be a good story?

What's a wikileak?

hahaha my country has no journalists. Just filthy rats getting closer and closer to the day of their extermination.

It is only on the guardian as far as Ive seen. Everything says "alleged" as though WL would lie

What he said. MSM not covering it. Screenshot from HuffPo notification (today) blaming Russia.

Only reason I keep HuffPo app on my phone is to keep up with their hysteria.

Every other conservative outlet and other UK websites (Mirror, Telegraph) have covered it.

to stPhilly D actually had the balls to report it. 660,000+ normies and counting.
They can try to stop it, or outright ignore it. Cats out of the bag though. This will only get bigger.

youtube.com/watch?v=LBl2l76fp0w

Coverage on all news stations.

Part of main news.

Discussions about it.

Sixth story down

at this point we can assume any MSM site that seem to be burying the story behind obamacare coverage and north korea are most likely compromised

They couldn't stfu about it all last year, this year it's gone dark, not even so much as a peep from most MSM.

Nothing in Aussie news, pathetic.

no longer fits the narrative

Weird.

Our news outlets are completely neutral. And we have gotten coverage on all news and discussions.

>entire day headline news of MSN online was about a fucking pancake recipe
>several hit peices on trump
>literally nothing about obamagate or wikileaks

I am not surprised in the slightest.

The (((ABC))) has been mentioning it all day, focusing on the Frankfurt thing and "lol they're listening to phones and TVs maybe" ignoring all the other stuff. They had a good goy CS professor on claiming that it's all standard, known about and that normal people don't have anything to worry about.

I've noticed a more general trend in tone when it comes to the portrayal of whistleblowers or leaked information in the Dutch media.

>Bush era
"The American intelligence agencies are out to get you."

>Obama era

>Trump era
"The entire American government is out to get you."

"Donald Trump is making dangerous accusations. Could they be illegal? Could it be over for him?"

t. Worlds First Feminist Country

About Wikileaks:
"Those people, heh, we donĀ“t know, could be russians or at the very least - xenophobics. That rapist should be jailed".

t. Worlds First Nonbinary NATION

All msm covering it in slovenia

Fox covered it. Obamagate as well.

It was covered over here in the MSM.
It wasn't handled like the HUGE thing it is.
Fuck Dutch media.

GET IN HERE LADS

THE MEME WAR NEEDS YOU

Fox covered it? Maybe, but not the way they should have.

All fun and shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeet but what new did we really found in vault 7?

SM or state-sponsored news
youtube.com/watch?v=a42f55YOCSg
youtube.com/watch?v=ThDzPbpTsvE
youtube.com/watch?v=I7RR9gBk4UI

Alt News
youtube.com/watch?v=a5RHqO1YBn0
youtube.com/watch?v=EfcU8dk8POE
youtube.com/watch?v=sZGl9oCbm8c

Don't talk to loud, or just stop talking. Your phone, computer, tv, microwave and toaster are listening to you.
That's about all.

Vorratsdatenspeicherung du grenz debiler.

Here in the US it's a mix between ignoring it while hoping it goes away, and crying "muh Russia."

Also Trump once again played 7D hyper dimensional backgammon.

>Obama had the CIA wiretap my phone line. Very disgraceful. Many such cases
>Y-you don't have any proof that the CIA tapped your phoneline
>*BREAKING NEWS. The CIA tapped EVERYONE'S PHONE LINE!*

We've been warned about that by Snowden. The normies are sheep. if a wolf stays close they will get used to it. one day the sheep won't be triggered by it and don't fear it anymore and so, won't give a fuck.

How can we make normies alerted when they are getting used by the fact privacy doesn't exist anymore

>youtube.com/watch?v=a42f55YOCSg
>0:13
>...gotothe)sdkfjdsf

Here's America's news cycle: quick rundown

Russia Russia Russia Russia blah blah Russia Russia blah blah blah Trump is evil blah blah Russia Russia Russia Russia Trump blah blah Trump Trump Trump Russia Russia Trump tweeted x blah blah blah Feminism feminism feminism feminism blah blah Trump blah blah Russia Russia Russia blah blah blah Brave celebrity did this blah blah blah Syrian refugees should be accepted into your country blah blah blah blah blah Russia Russia Russia blah blah blah accept refugees accept refugees accept refugees Trump Trump Trump blah blah blah Russia Russia blah blah blah Wikileaks blah Feminism blah brave celebrity did x blah blah refugees refugees refugees diversity blah blah blah Russia Trump.

Isn't it amazing trump said he was spied on
>CNN "dur trump has no proof"
A few days later
>CIA spies on everyone through everything

how does he keep winning?

>wikileaks
there's no coverage on it here, it's only a bunch of """journalists"" and shills paid by the bassblasted politicians to keep talking shit about trump for the renegotiation of NAFTA (which is likely to get scrapped anyway). There's only two guys here who speak the truth: a historian and the last remaining expert on geopolitics we have (both are demonized by the main stream media by the way, they have been called treacherous fucks for saying NAFTA was a great mistake, the latter even named the kikery going on worldwide).

It's being slide hard nonstop on Sup Forums, my only source of news

>tfw an anime board has become the most reliable source of information regarding the faggotry and kikery going on, not to mention a cartoon frog kicked the ass of the msm

strange timeline we live in

Who would have thought a more right leaning board would be the place where one got most of their legit info in today's world.

Who would have thought a more right leaning board would also be giving than left leaning areas on the internet as well. What a time to be alive.

>a sixth of a third makes defeatist "this is not new at all, we are all spied on" comments
>a sixth of a third
You'd think the word 'some' would be in your vocabulary.

Also I'm part of that sixth of a third, and we're right. Whoever wasn't a fucking fetus during the Assange/Snowden era knows this, and has been aware of it maybe even longer than that. It has been known to the point of it being a constant source of Hollywood fodder.

How are you surprised? How are you still surprised? Most people on Sup Forums must be around the age of sixteen or something.

> Wikileaks released some CIA stuff
> McCain thinks WikiLeaks is Russian asset
That's the only 2 articles on this shit I've seen on lenta.ru, news site I frequent.

> most are cynical like "wew really?? I think only russians do that stuff! :O", maybe two thirds
are you for real? after all the shit Germoney went through they they thought burgers weren't into that kind of thing? kek

It actually got decent coverage on Mediaset networks, I was kinda surprised. Haven't watched Rai(state TV) yet since the leak happened.

Russian TV:
>hacker known as Wikileaks reveals some shady shit. We didn't read that all, but it's cool.

Russian Websites:
>Me cant read ingrish

Russian Reactions:
>who is Wikileaks? Is tis that snowden-guy?

Russia Newspapers:
>buy some useless shit!!! TODAY!
>also, there's some stuff called Wikileaks, but promise that you'll buy our shit

On bong TV they were criticizing Wikileaks for making the US and her allies less secure. I shit you not. Former Head of the CIA was on the news saying how this would just hurt us, as if recording and monitoring everything we say and do isn't already hurting us.

>El Pais: "This is how CIA spies on you" on the front page, among other clickbait & le transbus faggotry
>El Mundo: "Cia spies on you claims Assange" in a sidebar, with the March 8th feminist protests as the main article. Clickbait "why are women necessary in technology" are not left out.

I don't think the main controversy in these new leaks are that the CIA are tapping into everyone's devices, it's the subsequent revelation that these hacking tools are no longer under the control of the CIA and there's a good chance that our adversaries like North Korea, China or any international criminal syndicates might have access to these tools. This is equivalent to the CIA leaving instructions on how to make WMDs on the streets. This is extremely serious.

The general population are a bunch of imbeciles. I'd praise Jesus if any single one of those chimps actually had a quick rundown on Wikileaks. The other day an acquaintance (who thinks of himself as very "well informed") was trying to tell me about Trump being racist, now how in the fuck would a moron like that understand Wikileaks.

no coverage at all
wikileaks lost credibility because of assange
only two newspapers accepted to work on those leaks: a german one and an italian one
most of medias in the world feel they have been manipulated

> most media in the world feel they have been manipulated

Bilel, are you fucking stupid?

Most (western) medias in the world, decided to become clickbaity leftist state propaganda, so WHO THE FUCK should care about them "feeling manipulated"

Personally, I'd line up at least 95% of these liars against the wall.

Italian media:

medium coverage, they say that CIA niggers can hear you through smart TV's

am i ban

Trump loves those leaks.

not an argument
nice try
come back later with a better strategy
disscussing with propagandists is useless
leftists love wikileaks BTW
please have the decency to terminate your pathetic life

Wish I was lying.

Portuguese radio:
>Reporter says that the leaked "application" can be used to "pirate" all of your devices.
>Says this proves that Trump was definitely working with "Russian intelligence" to hack the election.

FML

There to busy talking the whole separate children and mother and shit

> a fucking sandroach thinks he has enough brain cells to scrape together so as to form an "opinion" about media

Medias here don't give a fuck.
But they think that Putin will hack France's elections since we are "soooo important", kek.
>"muh evil kgb, cia are the good guys"

Never watched him until recently

Pretty based.

It is covered, but far from the headlines.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on what the leaks contain?
t-thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=qsYnhVITf9E

>British TV

Yeah, but muh Russia

Here it's

>Bush Era

FUCKING AMERICANS RRREEEEEE

>Obama Era

>Trump Era

FUCKING RUSSIANS DEFAMING "Our Greatest Ally" RRREEEEEEEEE

Is "Muh Ruskies" this Administration's "Muh Birth Certificate"

I wonder if the modern Guardian's views on Snowden and Assange have shifted?

Seems when the facts don't suit your narrative, your heroes become monsters.

Do you find it funny seeing American liberals getting ass blasted about Russia and defending the CIA?

Especially since we KNOW the CIA overthrew one of our governments, are currently meddling in the French elections and have no doubt had a hand in yours.

It's reported on news sites, but it's just 1 article on each from what I can see.

Popular, but it's not being followed up on.

Have yet to hear it on the radio. Wasn't on the news yesterday.

CIA and Clinton confirmed to have had dealings with Macron.

I guess that's not "interfering" though.

Kind of insulting considering W had a hard on for Howard and Australia whilst Obama cucked us consistently with Gillard as PM, plopping military bases in our country and insulting our alliance throughout his term.

Yeah abc has been all over it, but pushing the 'its for national security' narative. Basically saying the software was for security purposes, wasnt used on the public, and the people who leaked it are the bad guys.

Local media: Wikileaks reveals CIA can take control of your car and phone, even commit assassinations but all the information has yet to be verified.

So far nothing exciting. Confirmation of what we already knew, confirmation that the CIA has access to a fuck ton of zero day exploits. Confirmation they buy and share tools with private contractors and other agencies. A lot of these tools are already out on the private market anyway. Confirms Smart TV's (and I guess Xbox's) can be used as remote listening devices AND that the CIA works with private companies to help propagate internet connected devices, like Smart TV's etc, that can be used to monitor individuals.

Biggest revelation for us is that the CIA has a Meme Warfare division and shitposts on here. They even had a "slide" (or whatever they call them) which featured a massive array of ASCII reactions.

@..@
(----)
( >__< )
^^ ~~ ^^

Oh come on now, I just started walking around my house today yelling, "The CIA are fucking nigger fagots."

Oh well..apparently the coverage of the "wikileaks" incident is so thin that I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. what happened?!

a link to an article would have been nice

Funny how quickly the lefties at the ABC flip.

Did you know John Pilger is now an evil Alt-Right Nazi propagandist?

Yo Austrian bro. Doesnt your country have a law that says immigrants dont have to be deported if they commit a capital offense, and that they can be shot instead. Not being a dick. The gang rape of that teacher popped up and i was curious about your laws on deportation and execution.

>I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

dude, i suggest you get reading

Sup Forums was at fever pitch last two days user. Stay in the loop.

See

Merkel probably had the internet scrubbed because it's "Fake News" and "Russian Propaganda".

globalnews.ca/news/3293936/smart-tvs-and-cars-could-be-used-for-spying-wikileaks-report/

Posted a shitty summary of capabilities, shitting on trump about russia a few posts later. I swear their writers get their shit direct from CNN

Norwegian TV
> wouldnt know, don't watch TV

Norwegian Newspapers
> Article hidden away at the bottom of the news feed, small image. Sports articles take 3x as much space. Micro'd the font.
> Fairly factual, covers the CIA's capability to spy and hack mobiles (ios, Android), smart tv's and sites like facebook.
> Mentions CIA cyber security group, last registered amount under this division, 5k. Says CIA has over 1000 tools that can be used at it's leisure.
> Edward Snowden's comments on the legitemacy gets retold in detail.
> Mentions the CIA's capability to chameleon a cyber attack to false flag other hacker groups (russia mentioned as a possible easy false flag)

Norwegian Reactions
> Fairly small, most goes unnoticed, those who do care says it just cements their thoughts on CIA's shadow warfare around world events but now covers the spectrum from the south america armed interventions, coups etc to more modern day tactics and targets.
> Some believe the CIA is confirmed rogue element now in full shill controll by the 7th level group.

They're literally the same people posting on Sup Forums. Grade A memesters
59 minute mark
youtu.be/0X0Teo5AxQM?t=3531

bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39197664

I like how they've downplayed and put it into the 'Tech' category of news rather than real 'World' news that effects everyone considering that most countries probably have access to these vulnerabilities now

Surprisingly big coverage here, front page/opening news.
Mixed comments and reactions.
Media obviously don't know yet how to spin this.

I work at a place that prints some newspapers that you wouldn't know about in murica. Today they all shared an AP story about it. I'd say it was decent coverage for shitty tiny newspaper stories.

What were these leaks all about?

Also, no mentions of this stuff in Funland.

CIA created its own NSA, which means they dont need warrants or have the same oversight as the NSA. They can also hack a system and make it look like another country did it(russsia china north korea). They could of been the ones who hacked the DNC and framed the russians. They can also turn any electronic device connected to the internet into a microphone. The US consulate in Frankfurt is a secret CIA hacking base. Obama gave them over $100 billion to develop the best hacking tools and they lost them to other countries and criminals.

also the CIA hackers had a meme collection (and it was garbage).

We dont give publicity to Soviet puppets here

You left out the part where CIA has lost control of it's surveillance software, pretty much the biggest deal of this info

Reactions from Austria are quite mixed, it appears that there is a tendency to at least report about the issue on a broader scale compared to Germany.

However and I hate to say it but the only really in-depth frontpage article comes from the left leaning, immigration pushing "DerStandard":
archive.is/3MAKs

State news "ORF" also have a fairly balanced article about it on their frontpage
archive.is/86B8s

Other outlets like the "Salzburger Nachrichten" and the tabloid "Heute" are reporting a bit but mostly focus on the smarthphone & smart tv issues, the Frankfurt hacking base or hint at a possible Russian connection
archive.is/KQrhf
archive.is/OImfF

On the conservative / right leaning / sensationalist "Kronenzeitung", one of the biggest news outlets in Austria, the employees seem to either see nothing frontpage worthy in that or they are scared by the harsh reactions of their anonymous CIA & NSA "contacts" (mentioned at the end of their article). They buried their article deep on their page, you can just find it via websearch
archive.is/wORM9

The people that I have talked to yesterday and today reflect these mixed impressions too. Most were actually quite critical towards the whole issue and see the implications this leak has on the individual side and on a broader scale but there seems to be an overarching feeling that there is not much the ordinary person can do besides being more paranoid in their behavior and use of technology. People are already tired of so much shit that is pressed on them socially, economically, immigration wise and they feel divided politically, so this thing demoralizes a lot of people that I talked to even more.

Why would they hack the DNC when it obviously hurt Clinton though? The value of framing Trump wasn't close to the damage those released emails did.

>20minutes......fr/monde/2026731-20170308-wikileaks-revele-suppose-programme-piratage-cia
>francetvinfo.....fr/faits-divers/affaire/assange/wikileaks-revele-que-la-cia-peut-espionner-via-des-smartphones-ou-des-teles-connectees_2086479.html
>tempsreel.nouvelobs......com/monde/20170308.OBS6264/wikileaks-revele-un-programme-de-piratage-organise-par-la-cia.html

All very accurate, and quite worried about what will follow. Good reporting desu. Articles are pretty big today.

The Danish main media is covering it well and the are going to have some expert in studio that people can livechat with

Meanwhile on CNN there is literally nothing about it

Also note today is "International Women's Day". Releasing it the day before was a bad idea desu, Wikileaks will easily be hidden under thousands of cries for "muh vagina".

i wasnt saying they did, i was just saying they could of. Wikileaks claims they got the emails from a DNC insider. Maybe they knew the emails were going to be released and had the CIA hack the server so they could leave Russian "fingerprints". Then the narrative changes from a disgruntled DNC insider to "a foreign government is trying to undermine our democracy and looking at or discussing the contents aids our enemy"

WAIT A MINUTE.

What if CIA forced AltRight on Sup Forums?

It makes sence.

>MSM ignores wikileaks and try to sweep it under the carpet
>normie youtubers have to pick it up
>gen Z is almost exclusively watching YT nowdays

where were you when the MSM took their last breath?