Why was the Italian army so ineffective during WW2?

Why was the Italian army so ineffective during WW2?

It was full of italians

They only had Blitzkrieg up level 2

fbpb

>crappy officers and command staff
>crappy industry
>crappy strategic leadership

The big three.
They should have steered clear of the war/aligned with Franco. Everyone involved would have been happier.

they were "prepared" for another WWI and were laughably outgunned and outmanned

mussolini's rallying cry was for "8 million bayonets," Italy had no idea what it was in for when they signed the pact of steel

This is the correct answer

They were just unprepared and underfunded to put it simply.

because the germans didn't give them time to prepare. Mussolini told hitler "we need 3 more years" and hitler was like "sure" and started the war 3 weeks later.

shit chain of command and shit equipment. That's why we did good enough when under german supervision (Rommel/RSI) and with german equipment. But that was too late

Also, italian soldiers where abituated to listen fascist propaganda, which suggested them that they where "infaticable and perseverant modern day legionaries", and when put under pressure and with a subpar rifle and tankette instead of good instruments, people start being wary of their leaders, of the value of the struggle, of war itself etc etc.

Same thing happened to the germans involved with the campaign on the eastern front, but sure germans don't talk much about that 'amirite

They didnt purge the leftist.

kek

The italian army was always ineffective
they had to use chlorine gas to defeat africans with spears

Italians didn't want to fight a war for mussolini

Bbbb-but Roman Empire...

kek

Exactly what I said "didnt purge the leftist".

Remove the Italians and it was great

We weren't ready for it we were forced to participate by the germans

No, it was due to the fact that people saw Mussolini as a man who would make Italy prosper internally and didn't want to go to war with Greece when the roads and trains were still shit. Unlike the Germans they weren't cucks who wanted to do everything their leader wanted.

>implying romans weren't irish

terrible officers and terrible tech, lions led by sheeps, those who say that our soldiers were bad are probably people that think that WWII was won thanks to the americans.

Because it consisted entirely of Italians.

KEK

>It was full of italians

fpbp

WE

>the italian army was always ineffective
never bothered to study the middle ages and the modern era i take it

>implying WW2 ended.

Italy is a way better shape than Germany right now.

ops

yeah but that's because we're not cucks, except bolognesi, but that's just a city

Too spicy-a-meatballs

Outdated rifles and didn't have the industry to replace it with the 7.35 which was a lot better.
Poor industrial capacity
Poor and outdated tank design
Lack of effective anti-tank
Their planes and navy were good just not enough planes or enough ships to defeat the brits and French

fpbp and /thread

/thread

there you go, the rest of you can go home

Mods are gods and I am grateful that they made explicit the already attaining forbidding of redundant threads BUT
The biggest problem here was not redundant threads, it is one-line writing prompt one-posts. This format allows a spammer to quickly bombard us with brainless spam and drive good threads off the board before they can be archived. The brainlessness of the non-discussion offends the character of the board.
Imagine trying to have a substantive discussion while surrounded by robots who constantly demand to know your favorite color. /s/ has a minimum thread set-up requirement -- you cannot demand that everyone else write your thread for you -- and Sup Forums needs one too.

>Bolognesi
Did they invent the spaghetti bolognese?

Kek

oh please, as if that's the worst jewry we did

they invented italian communism

noodles are a chinese invention user

noodles are trash compared to spaghetti

It wasn't so bad. It was praised by the Germans who fought along with them in Africa.

The Italian navy, for instance, didn't have oil sources to make it a credible force. Italian air launched torpedoes were Ok. The Matapan disaster could have be avoided if the Germans had told them about the radar...

I'm more interested in the origin of the bolognese sauce than the noodles.

are spaghetti not noodles?

ragù, there are two version, bolognese and napoletano, but the original ragù is from emilia romagna, so yes, bologna

no, they are spaghetti

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck. Its a duck no matter what name you call it by.

noodles are ducks, spaghetti are swans

>French Army gets BTFO by Yalibans
>Claims it's Italians fault

At first I was blind but now I see.

Also what did Italians eat before spaghetti? I imagine it was just grapes and they drank olive oil.

legumes, meat, bread, fish