Let's talk about water scarcity. All the sites are telling me that 1.8 billion people will be completely fucked by 2025...

Let's talk about water scarcity. All the sites are telling me that 1.8 billion people will be completely fucked by 2025, but they're all quoting analysis from 1998. Isn't there anything more recent?

Other urls found in this thread:

water.usgs.gov/ogw/
usgs.gov/news/quality-nation’s-groundwater
fao.org/docrep/U5835E/u5835e00.htm#Contents
globalwaterforum.org/2012/05/21/water-outlook-to-2050-the-oecd-calls-for-early-and-strategic-action/
iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/9/6/064009
globalresearch.ca/libyas-water-wars-and-gaddafis-great-man-made-river-project/5334868
mercurynews.com/2014/05/29/nations-largest-ocean-desalination-plant-goes-up-near-san-diego-future-of-the-california-coast/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I live in Michigan. Plenty of water here.

No one gives a shit about the water shortage where mudpeople and shitskins live.

/Thread

I hope the 1.8 billion people die.

Water scarcity is harder to predict then weather patterns since it depends upon those patterns.

Might be a good idea to figure out new tech for manipulating it though.

Maybe desalination and the like. Reverse osmosis is looking good no?

I'm wondering from an investment standpoint. If fresh water is going to be that bad in 7 years, it's probably worth buying stock in whoever is going to fill that need. On the other hand, literally everyone is using data from over 20 years ago, and I struggle to believe that there have been no advances in that time

I don't give a fuck; sub-saharan niggers aren't people.

I'm from the greater Chicago area. There's no water shortage here, and it's nowhere even near a concern in the next century or two. The places where it's a concern is in Asia and in Africa, and that shit is not my problem. Stop feeding these rabbits.

I just checked, I have plenty of water. Gonna water my concrete driveway now.

The american southwest is clearly going to have an issue, too, if the rest of the world is. I don't care about commiefornia, but if history shows us anything it's that they'll start taking it from neighboring states to cover up, and that's a problem

god damn fucking this.

I mean sure its not like (((they))) wouldnt have your state sign over water rights and then sell it abroad $$$.

Bump!

Groundwater levels should be easy to find, lots of farmers around America have to dig several hundred feet to reach the groundwater.

I guess I'm mostly wondering why no one's ever bothered to update that study they use. Is it a Malthusian thing where technological progress fucked up their projections? Or did no one ever bother to check up on it?

They have, maybe the one source you found haven't. Don't mean nobody else is looking into this.

water.usgs.gov/ogw/

usgs.gov/news/quality-nation’s-groundwater

fao.org/docrep/U5835E/u5835e00.htm#Contents

globalwaterforum.org/2012/05/21/water-outlook-to-2050-the-oecd-calls-for-early-and-strategic-action/

iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/9/6/064009

>1.8 billion
You know, l'm going through my head here, you know, mentally and all, about who could possibly be affected by a massive drought, and I gotta say, I'm okay with the possibilities

>Living on a "blue" planet.
>Water scarcity

all we need is cheap energy = endless clean water

>Let's talk about water scarcity.
There isn't a lack of water. Polluted water can be cleaned, and salt water can be desalinated. Not my problem some niggers can afford distillation and reverse osmosis, or are even to stupid to build a cheap evaporation tower and a tarp.

Yeah, not that fast. pic related
When those 480 million in South America start facing water scarcity and everything that follows. They'll start migrating to where there is water. And as you probably guessed, most of them won't go live in Machu Picchu. They'll flood your borders, so thank Trump when that time comes and the dustbowl returns and the 80million or so internally displaced Americans will settle in suitable areas.

It will be dirty and you will complain.

It is genuinely puzzling to think that the rainforest will experience water scarcity

>North Africa
>physical scarcity
Maybe NATO and the ragheads shouldn't have trashed Gaddafi's man-made river project
globalresearch.ca/libyas-water-wars-and-gaddafis-great-man-made-river-project/5334868

It's more puzzling that it appears that there is an artificial irrigation system that spans the amazon rain-forest.

Like, an ancient leftover or something modern and maintained?

Fuck off King Abdullah II, we're being generous. We are ALLOWING you to buy your own country's water.

>1.8 billion people will be
>people from shithole third world countries
Nothing of value will be lost

>all those shitskin countries will die of drought.
Good riddance.

>ancient leftover or something modern and maintained
Or something called the Amazon River?

Yeah, that's what they do when they're dying, they stay in place and let it happen. I'm sure this won't cause mass migration again.

Ancient shit, long forgotten. Found with satellites, can't find it now as I only get fucking amazon.com with whatever other words I search for.

>I'm sure this won't cause mass migration again
I'm also sure it's cheaper to just build a few desalinization plants and build some pipelines than relocate 1 billion feral niggers, but (((they))) will disagree

Kys faggot

/thread

The point is, if that's what needs to happen, we should probably be looking at it now. How long does it take to build one of these plants and get it set up so that they don't come crying in eight years?

The problem is that your previous governments have actively worked against this. There isn't political will to do anything to help them, the plan is to have them be angry and take others with them as they die, leaving more room for the corrupt shits.

Ain't nothing gonna be done until the population is down to a more stable level.

>How long does it take to build one of these plants and get it set up so that they don't come crying in eight years?
It took 2 years and 1 billion$ to build a desalinization plant that provides 50 million gallons a day in commiefornia. I imagine it would cost a quarter of that in some shithole in africa due to lack of regulatory red tape and cheap labour

mercurynews.com/2014/05/29/nations-largest-ocean-desalination-plant-goes-up-near-san-diego-future-of-the-california-coast/

I've been investing heavy since 2000 in water, water companies, water infrastructure firms. We will run out of water long before we run out of food. You WILL see states fighting over water just as they do for oil now.