Media

What is good news?

unbiased news imo.

CNN MSNBC FOX, they obviously all have their biased slant but I don't see why any of them are unreliable at the source. I enjoy RT and Al Jazera but they are just as biased as the others. PBS and BBC try very hard to be unbiased and are great sources but even they can't avoid representing one side more than another. Who can we trust?

Business channels are pretty good, they don't just bitch about conservatives/liberals like their main channel. Bloomberg is my favorite. Fox business is good but it's a lot like regular fox

Everyone is so quick to discredit the mainstream media, but then how do you even form an opinion?

I like these channels more than most, but as far as news, it is limited in scope. Business sources are postemptive rather than preemptive in the sense that they talk about how current policy changes will have an effect on the market rather than what could/should be done to increase well being.

How can one even bait this hard? My gut hurts from reading this.

What is good news? I'm just trying to understand.

Any news source except for this.

Certainly not CNN, and no way in hell Al Jazeera; even our saudi friend here agrees.

Is this Al Jazeera Plus I have no idea what this is. It looks like a social media outlet targeting youth in some open minded love way that is on par with snapchat news feed shit. Not reflective of Al Jazeera but I'm interested in whatever the hell this AJ+ is if you care to explain.

Most of Sup Forums is so quick to dismiss CNN or the MainStream Media, yet they can't provide a single source of information that is on par. I did not expect this thread to get anywhere, sad.

It's just another shitty news channel that lies all the time and panders to commies and liberals

Media is corrupt in general. CNN is just worse than the others. Therefore Most media > CNN > Al Jazeera

the Saudi knows. AJ the mouth piece of the Al-Thani family. How responsible is AJ for the Arab Spring? In Vancouver we have that terrorist journalist Mohammed Fammy who Sisi was going to hang teaching journalism at a local University.

CNN is better than MSNBC or FOX.

MSNBC maybe but because CNN has Brian Selter and Don Lemming it is not better than Fox.

None of it.

You kinda need to mix Internet with MSM.

Most news organizations don't do any actual journalism anymore, they basically rely on tweets and facebook posts. And you can't really take those at face value, people are more interested in getting likes or becoming viral than actually reporting news.

Bias also tends to follow things that have less impact. Things with slow impact (like the federal Government) tend to have a lot of opinion stories and bias about what "might" happen.
Things with immediate impact (a car accident on the highway) tend to just report facts and not try to predict the future of cars, or ask if the driver was drunk, or claim icy roads have increased due to global warming. They usually don't discuss those things, unless immediate impact events affect slow impact events, like Federal Government policies (Seat belts)

That's entirely subjective. It wasn't me who was asking for better news sources.

Fox, RT and Inforwars are the only uncucked new sources out there.

Troll no one thinks that.

Gates says robots should be taxed and the money used for basic income.

A lot of problems would be solved if we got serious about getting our asses to Mars.

RT is getting a lot better, but RT is especially bad for just using other news articles from MSM sites and putting a spin on it. Or they just post a bunch of tweets. They get an A for effort though, I like a lot of their talk shows and they focus a lot more on real problems than American news.

Infowars is the same. They are more of a news filter with a different bias than an actual news company. Besides opinion pieces, they do very little actual journalism.

I don't know who either of those guys are and i haven't watched CNN in years, but I always thought MSNBC was the news channel no one watched and a liberal version of Fox.

No one at all thinks that! Must be troll! I'm glad you gave links of true news with your opinion.

Uncukcked means right wing ideology that agrees with your perspective I take it. Great point!

pretty interesting stuff but completely unrelated.

isn't this what every MSM outlet does? The point is the source is reputable. I just wish Sup Forums was capable of differentiating opinion from fact.

infowars was the only alternative source provided in this thread. Completely unsurprising.