Late Night Talk Show Hacks

I can't stand these fucking smug """"comedians"""" on these late night talk shows. Why are they such a political authority all of a sudden?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=57mCWoFCmNY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What? Isn't his show Sunday?

Most are unwilling to actually understand what is going on and are much more willing to accept comedians' opinions as "facts."

It's just easier to do than think.

The Dalai Lama called him a demon.

This. Also, if they get questioned on blatantly propogating a political agenda or are shown to have a hole in their logic, they'll just revert to the old "I'm just a comedian, you aren't taking me seriously, are you?" line of reasoning, when in fact there are plenty of people that take these hatchet men seriously, but they're immune to criticism because of this.

No shit?

Must have been the sulphur

I hate how unfunny "comedians" from Britain with failed careers go over to America and get massive careers, it makes us all look bad when these are our representatives

Here's an idea: don't watch it.

>All of the sudden
You've haven't noticed it m8, but it's been going on for a long time. It's the reason this country went / is going down the drain

I don't know why you are giving him views still

Can anyone link me to the original of why we started calling this guy current year guy

Nevermind, found it

No he didnt

>slightly updated version

How young are you? This was all we had from 2001-2008, then they suddenly quit criticizing the president, and now they're kicking it up again.

yes he did faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=57mCWoFCmNY
ugly stupid british cunt

>can't stand him
>keep posting him here ad nauseum

Stay cucked nigger-faggot

They are the ultimate blue pill for liberals. They basically sit there and affirm all of your biases while acting like anyone who disagrees is a snot nosed driveling idiot. They are also the perfect platform for liberals because the majority of liberals are pseudo intellectuals and they believe that "muh only sophisticated liberals like myself can understand the snarky quips and British etiquette of John Oliver, if only the peasant DRUMPKINS knew a quarter of Trevor Noah's complex vocabulary"
In reality, the shows are often fairly low brow humor and if you have graduated highschool, you can understand it. Not to mention that the shows are completely mindless. They state a point or bring up a issue then immediately resort to using some idiotic metaphor or analogy to bash an opposing ideology.
"Well tonight we will be going over how Trump wants to control immigration..... How will you get your cheap tanning oil from Mexico Drumpf lol you Cheeto" (typical joke setup by these masters of comedy)

On Conditioning:
The subject of John Oliver came up when a colleague (fellow psychologist) and I were discussing politics a few months ago. Although we were both in agreement regarding the general shitlib inanity of the HBO show, my friend was surprised when I explained that the real insidiousness of it is its unmistakably hypnotic structure and pacing.
I ended up pulling up an episode off of youtube to show her what I meant. All of the segments I've ever seen from this show follow the same repetitive format: present some "argumentation" and "facts" for about 10 seconds, then quickly follow these up with a snarky quip (which themselves overwhelmingly take the form of complete non-sequitur or otherwise absurd metaphor) before any rational processing of the preceding argument can take place in the mind of the viewer. Further telling is that the only 'beats' or mental pauses in the show's pacing exist solely to highlight the approving laughter or applause of the studio audience. Repeat this basic formula without variation 20-40 times in a row and you have one of the 12-20 minute 'segments' that form the backbone of the show.
The end effect is not to deliver information, but rather to literally teach the viewers -- on a subconscious level -- to mentally associate derisive laughter with any person or opinion that is at odds with the narrative's take on the chosen issue. And it accomplishes this by maintaining a strict adherence to a roughly 20-second cycle in which a stimulus is presented, and a response is cued. This is the sense in which the show is fundamentally hypnotic in effect -- even moreso than its precursors in the genre.
To my mind, oliver's show is representative of the media's increasing mastery of the methodologies of mass conditioning; in fact it is such a technical accomplishment that I would almost have to admire it on technical grounds, if only it weren't so troubling as these techniques are in the hands of the entirely wrong people.

So he's a journalist now?

>all of a sudden?

What do you mean? Normies have always listened to them and take their opinions more seriously than anything else. They believe these people to be intellectuals.

>all of a sudden

The real redpill is that they've been this way the whole time, you've simply never noticed before.

I hope he gets deported

>all of a sudden
Its been going on for decades since Stewart took over the Daily Show. They are a HUGE contributor to the brainwashed teens/young adults.

There is a psychological element to the whole "So republicans *pause while smirking* are le stupid *audience erupts in laughter* and FAUX news amirite *audience dies of laughter related asphyxiation*"

People see this for years and it gets embedded in their brain to automatically look down on and laugh at anything right wing related. Its literal brainwashing.

They have facts and emotion on their side

i dislike when he starts yelling but in general he is funny and the topics he picks a highly interesting. better than the usual late night shows.

Despite different political beliefs, Seth Meyers is actually really funny.

They speak with such authority and absolutism on what is "good" and "bad" in politics and make some shitty jokes so when someone calls them out for biased propaganda, they say "I'm a comedian not a reporter bro, it's all jokes xD", Just watch Jon Stewart on crossfire in how he dodges accusations of being partisan because "I'm just a comedian"

OP never said his show wasn't on that day.

A FUCKING LEAF.

Checked... And you are absolutely right. I fucking hate that so much. They are so clearly partisan and they pretend like they aren't all under the guise of "I'm a comedian, I make fun of everyone. It's just that Democrats are so smart and flawless that there is really no material". It is horseshit.