What's your religion Sup Forums? I'm personally a Christian but i'm curious

What's your religion Sup Forums? I'm personally a Christian but i'm curious. strawpoll.me/12492358
Also friendly religious debate thread.

I personally believe Christianity is the way to go because it instills a strong sense of morals and there is plenty of evidence of Jesus being who he says he is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ei_Hu1hcsa4
poal.me
news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/03/160306-bible-apostle-jesus-christian-religion-ngbooktalk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unironically Christian.

But there is a real problem with protestants and moral relativism.

Morals?

like pedophilia and genital mutilation?

cult of abraham is a fucking joke.

Self bump

baptist here

>inb4 people ironically choose Jewish
I'm actually Jewish

I did pick christian, but the poll is skewed because athiests don't go on christian threads, and the image makes this look like a christian thread.

What the fuck are you talking about faggot?

I think one thing I learned from being an atheist for years is how much I actually appreciate Christianity. I guess I didn't really realise how much in common I had with Christians, because after I stopped believing I wanted to distance myself from them ideologically. In reality, most western atheists are still cultural christians. Christians and myself have [for the most part] the same culture, worldview, philosophy, moral compass. Just like some people are Christians without believing in certain parts of the bible, a lot of western atheists are basically Christians without the god/literal belief.

Non-denominational Christian

Still gonna burn in hell, faggot.

Only Orthodox is true kvlt

Christians are too pessimistic and self hating for me, they focus on death. I prefer Jewish stubbornness and life. The only reason society is dominated by Christian morals is because Christian morals came from the Greeks, which influenced the Romans, which influenced the rest of the west.

paganism is the only non cucked. Morals are strong, read Plato. It's basically a realistic paganism, there's no (((turn the other cheek))) but there is a strong basis of other morals.

>muh hell
if you can find a reference to Hell in Torah than maybe it would sound believable but we all know it's Greek mythology.

I'm beyond your timid lying morality

Athiest. No fedora but not gonna take shit from christcucks. Religion is just fairy tales for adults.

Agnostic atheist. I was raised Catholic. If anything turns me back to Christ, it will be this Pizzagate bullshit, no joke

Unaffiliated Christian, fuck what your churches say

used to be a fedora faggot atheist, but I changed once I realized how well Christianity has served as a basis for the west. I do think religion is kind of dying though, since you don't really need it to explain the world anymore.

Why Torah? There are plenty of evidence for hell in the Bible.

That's fine with me. I don't believe in any of that stuff in the physical plane/literally occurring, so I'm not scared of hell. It's more of a cultural/heritage thing.

Well you can be a agnostic or atheist Hindu so How's the poll supposed to work

consider other, pahjeet

>how well it served
>dark ages
>inquisition
>crusades
>the troubles

The loss of religion's stranglehold brought us the Enlightenment.

Hell burns as hot no matter if you want to belive or not.

I was raised in a Jewish family but came to hate the religion. I still believe in God I'm unable to honestly say I believe in Jesus, Islam is barbaric, and I can't say I believe in any polytheistic religion.

So yeah I'm a believer that doesn't belong to any real religion.

Pagan.

Christian Bible isn't a good source, its Greek Jew LARPers, you can do a quick Google search to find that Hell came from Greek Mythology, Lucifer came from Greek mythology, Jesus being the son of God came from Greek Mythology, it was all to make monotheism more accessible to a wider audience ie. Greeks and Romans

consider the other regional options for the west, judaism and islam, mainly. Islam had it's time, but I don't think it ever will again. Yes, bad things happened under Christianity, but it was certainly better than the alternatives

what denomination were you raised in?

christian

watch this for some redpills on jews and religion
youtube.com/watch?v=Ei_Hu1hcsa4

Imho secularism is the best option thats why im an athiest.
But i agree with you, if a religious west was inevitable, a christian west is way better than islam or judaism.

All of those events have seen historical revision by early leftist historians with anti-Christian bias, like Gibbon. Modern historians, even the agnostics/atheists like Durant, reject the Dark Age label and have a much more favorable view of Christianity
Tldr; that's fake news from the time of the so-called Enlightenment

>inb4 fedoraTurk

exactly, secular is best. Christianity provided a solid base for the west, but religions like that are eventually going to die out, and it'll probably start happening pretty soon

Orthodox

Yfw when u believe some fringe revisionist bs and think established history is fake news

sage because you used this cancerous SJW-owned ad-ridden site instead of poal.me

My family is unorthodox, but at the end of the day I had no interest in the faith. It wanted me to uphold values I didn't believe in. Biggest problem I had was that most of the teachings I learned when I was a kid were far too collectivist for my taste.

>Following a Jewish religion not his ancestral religion
Good goy

It's far from established history, just a well spread meme. Seriously my friend, read some modern history books - they have a far more objective method than Gibbon-tier nonsense

I'm an atheist but I like Christian values.

Hinduism has a strong presence in my country. Thaipusam is fking based.

>muh ancestors

Ancient poo flingers are some how more noble than kikes running around a desert?

Bump for Stats!

well there's lots of non-orthodox denominations, reform, conservative, reconstructionist?

/out/ here
don`t know how to describe it, but i guess its sort of a form of animism. I find going into the woods to be calming, and sorta just thank the trees and the wind and sun for a good day. I never really think of it too hard. I meditate a bit to relieve stress, and it only really works when I`m in the woods.
I usually don`t think about it though, cause reading it now, I sound like a hippy fedora tipping faggot cuck.
I like kek, thats it

Hinduism is strong in Singapore? Really? That's honestly pretty surprising. I think I had heard there was some around those parts, but I didn't know that

Daily reminder that Jesus wasn't even White.

daily reminder that Jesus wasn't even real

And? What do you belive in, God or your skin?

*tips*

Our gods are our blood kurwa.

Look up Perkunos.

Our country is quite a melting pot. But hinduism is still a small minority

American education I won't even bother Quoting history

Daily reminder that God has no race friend. :^)

At least Christianity often preserves pagan tradition, here that includes the varnas. IMO it would be great if the Church got into Indian philosophy like it did with Greek

Nah, go ahead Punjab. It may go over my retarded American head but lurkers might like to hear it.

Buddhism is the major religion in your country iirc it is supposed to be a part of Hinduism even according to Buddha the British made It into a separate religion

And here comes the wild pagan faggot. Shoo shoo. Go back to redit.

>reddit
>pagan

wat

Orthodox Christian

A sanctuary of sanity in this crazy world.

Ex muslim, I saw what religion did to Iran and other middle eastern countries that's when I became self aware

Vedas are atleast 10,000 years old we had civilisation while the Hwhite man was still in caves Indus Valley civilisation is concrete proof of that we are the only culture in history to survive Islamic invasion we even influenced their religion to create moderate sects our ancestors weren't poo fringing monkey we are pretty much the last bastion of ancient knowledge in the world

Christian. Catholic.

The people who made the vedas were white aryans from further north. How do you think your caste system works with bollywood actors looking somewhat white and toilet scrubbers being as dark as a nigger?

>british made it seperate religion
I think buddhism has been around even before british came to asia, mate

Cant be bothered with you; go find your designated street or smth, goy

Christian, sort of. No specific denomination. Trying to get faith back

>Aryan invasion
Myth
>Bollywood actors representing caste
Well I didn't know all Americans had hook noses

>Dark skin meme
Ram and Krishna both have been described to have dark skin
>Caste system
It was knowledge based for thousands of years it became patriarchal along the way

>Well I didn't know all Americans had hook noses
Touche

No user you misunderstood what I said Buddhism obviously existed before the British it was a sub sect of Hinduism Britishers classified it as a separate religion

>can't react to a challenge to your views like a sensible person
>'p-poo'

user, you literally bought the meme.

Good posting, Indiabro.

the problem is with catholics

>literally brand people with the cross for disagreement
>Most notable arts and science is discovered in most 'degenerate' cities
>Burn watches
Progressive

catholics are not Christians.

Kek'd and rekt. Well played.

I am a Catholic but somethings in the Bible I can't fully swallow. I feel like most stories are just stories that became tall tales. Religion should just be used for ones comfort. Atheist are just edgy faggots who cried when their parents took them to church.

St Elizabeth the New Martyr pray for us!

We've seen a decrease in Christian morals in the US, if you're about to tell me things are peachy keen when compared to hundreds of years ago, you're sorely mistaken.

Not to mention that World War I and II happened within the past 100 years.

Christian, Baptist to be specific. Converting to something else because sola fide is a pile of crap

Teetering between Mormonism and Catholicism or Eastern Orthodoxy

Mormonism has the whole zero archaeological support problem, but Catholicism has the whole history of having bad or senseless teachings problem (indulgences being a good example, Martin Luther did have a few points and that is one of them), Eastern Orthodoxy I still need to read more about.

>20% are athiests
how did goyim fall for that?

I see no Catholic in this picture.

Literally every supernatural thing in religion does not exist in the physical plane, so you're essentially rejecting religion... If you're not going to believe in the nonphysical aspects of religion then there is no point in having a religion at all, though it is admirable that you hold a respect for it

>Torah
Fuck off kike

I do, they're the ones pretending that catholics are Christians on the left.

They are just st shills. Atheists dond actualy post here.

>Bags on Christianity for few problems, some of which were instigated by Muslims (e.g. crusades)
>Islamic world has literally been in a dark age since its founding
>But muh Islamic golden age
>Rulers in Islamic golden age were barely observant and had sodomy rings and everything

Christianity is the only way, bud

Agnosticism. Not just in the cop out way. Ethical humanism with some crazy thoughts about what God or any theistic deity could be.

Like a universal quantum computer somewhere in the future/outside of time and space that runs every calculation possible. And we are just crappy biological computers only capable of processing a couple strands of input or consciousness at a time.

I rather burn in hell then deal with the whole nothingness bullshit.

Jehova banging little Mary when she was 13, morally cool?

its called Tartarus in the greek text of the bible. hell is a bad translation, and makes no difference between Sheol, Hades, or Tartarus, which are 3 very different places in the bible

I don't have one however I respect those who choose Christianity due to it's historical cultural significance in my country.

>Implying he wasn't the original cuck

*tips fedora*

news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/03/160306-bible-apostle-jesus-christian-religion-ngbooktalk/

There is truth behind every legend, even if there is little evidence

If we relied solely on physical evidence, we could assert the Macuahuitl never existed despite its fantastic documentation