CIA leak reaction is overblown and you know it

CIA leak reaction is overblown and you know it.
Basically the only thing that Wikileaks uncovered so far is that CIA does it's job.

>but they can listen to our convos via Smart TVs yadda-yadda-yadda
Just because they CAN does not mean they do.
In fact, using their exploits in the wild would be risk - in case they're uncovered vulnerabilities will be dead and gone. Do you really think that they can just wiretap the whole world undetected?
NSA boys have much more surveillance capabilities albeit less targeted without resorting to any exploits, by the way.

If it's the most damning evidence Wikileaks have released in their 1% of CIA leaks it's fucking nothing.

Other urls found in this thread:

ibtimes.co.uk/wikileaks-claims-first-batch-stolen-cia-documents-less-1-total-release-1610452
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet
youtube.com/watch?v=0X0Teo5AxQM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Russian advocating for the strength of the CIA, the very agency that caused the Soviet Union to collapse

Really wins my cold wars

wow I never really thought of it like that, thanks for enlightening me

Guys, there is nothing new in these "leaks."

It's probably just a Russian shill tactic.

The wrong country won the Eastern Front.

This Reddit copypasta is getting old.

It's purely pragmatic.
I don't think the boys from FSB/SVR/other Russian three letter agencies are hyped about that leak too - chances are they do have some overlap in known exploits.

Just because I CAN kill you from 700 meters doesn't mean I will, so hands off my funs.

so who watches the watchmen? sage

Oh wow you really worked hard on that.

>Just because they CAN does not mean they do.
This is actually a logical fallacy and incorrect.

ANYTHING that CAN be done WILL be done.
t. Plato

>russian
Really activates my almonds

>mass surveillance is cool
>everybody does it anyway
>muh security
Dunno famalam, just because you're forcefully pissing in my face that I have to pretend it's rain

No, it's not a logical fallacy.
I am not planning on purposefully shitting on my floor, but I can.

Nowhere in that post I did defend mass surveillance, buddy.

Orwell was right.

But somebody, somewhere, is shitting on the floor right now.

Shut up fucking shill.
Also the biggest problem is that it got out of their hands AND got leaked. Now you can expect a whole bunch of user kakers to get their hands on whatever system was implemented.

Is that CIA?

Yes, it is a logical fallacy, look it up.

If you think floors have never been shat on on purpose you must be unaware of India.

>bugs should not be disclosed
Is that what you're saying?

Global scale vs. one subject.

>CIA leak reaction is overblown and you know it
This was only 1% of the total information they leaked bro ))))
also nice VPN
u aint russian dawg

ibtimes.co.uk/wikileaks-claims-first-batch-stolen-cia-documents-less-1-total-release-1610452

tfw when u realize the CIA is in trouble for selling a nuke not being CIA

>This was only 1% of the total information they leaked bro ))))
I literally mentioned that, you stupid nigger.

>just doing their jobs
They did their job pretty badly seeing as their fancy hacking software programs fell into the hands of hackers around the world, and now they're defending against their own programs.

All paid for by American taxpayers

good goyim keep defending the CIA. They'll give you a nice medal

Im CIA for you

Depends on how that shit was leaked. Nothing can save you from a rogue agent.

>now they're defending against their own programs
I would assume they can patch their own exploits.

But can they provide me a job at RT?

>patching their own exploits

What is stuxnet

Actually I'm not aware of Stuxnet backfiring, care to elaborate?

>implying you are russian STILL
I literally mentioned that, you stupid nigger.

Dont be naive. As I said I know it's happening, that it can't be stopped and that they won't stop. Just don't lie to my face and tell me the agencies do it only for the greater good.

>implying that RT hires only Russians
You're a retard, bro.

Now you're making a new logical fallacy.

>implying that everyone has to do something for it to happen at all

Any evidence of mass surveillance using those exact exploits?

We're talking about CIA though.

>using proper grammar on Sup Forums
>using proper grammar as a russian
>pretending to be Russian
>ever

Its okay just to admit you love being a slave and crave daddy states boot to be on your neck, but keep it to yourself.

I have a theory that all of the code that was "lost" was done on purpose.

>Chinese government thinks it hits the jackpot but it's actually doing just what the CIA wanted.

Remember how advanced STUXNET was. It actually rewrote itself when need be and hovered around the nuke plant until someone brought a thumb drive in from work. They said it was so advanced it was comparable to flying F-16's during wwI.

Stuxnet itself was seen as a huge threat to the US.

In addition, Stuxnet gave birth to a host other viruses such as duqu and flame, which were almost identical to the stuxnet virus but had been reverse engineered to capture data like keystrokes and so on.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet

In October 2012, U.S. defense secretary Leon Panetta warned that the United States was vulnerable to a “cyber Pearl Harbor” that could derail trains, poison water supplies, and cripple power grids. The next month, Chevron confirmed the speculation by becoming the first U.S. corporation to admit that Stuxnet had spread across its machines.

IF IT CAN BE DONE IT WILL BE DONE

It's very simple. CIA can use their illegal hacking tools to spy on americans illegally, SO THEY DID.

Not complicated, shill.

>implying the CIA's job is to release powerful cyberweapons to contractors and stateless hackers without even classifying any of them
>implying the CIA's job is to contravene the 4th Amendment and spy on US citizens, despite being forbidden to do so by law
>implying the CIA's job is to post cat pictures and jerk off to MLP roleplay on otherchan
>implying the CIA's job is to buy and sell zero days on an underground intelligence community market
>implying the CIA's job is to make public statements condemning Russia for hacking the DNC despite knowing full well that their entire network of contractors have had access to UMBRAGE since early 2016

I understand that you're a retarded Russian so you kind of assume that spy agencies should have the right to spy on and kill anyone who tickles their fancy, but that's not how we run things in the civilised world.

>they can hack into cars to do hits
>some months ago Puting's favorite driver drove to the opposite lane, killing himself

A few years back the NSA confirmed they go through hundreds of millions of messages a day. Are you implying the CIA doesnt do the same?

I understand the necessity. If they don't, the other foreign agencies. And we know they spy on each other mutually, allies or not. It is disgusting and makes me want to kill myself but honestly I guess it still like living even if we're in a dystopian hellhole.

Wrong. I'd rather America has the worst spy agency in the world if they'd actually respect constitutional freedoms.

We have the best military anyway fuck spy shit.

>all Russians are uneducated
wew lad

Well, does not seem like it fucked up US govt at all.

>SO THEY DID
Did they? Unlike Snowden's leaks there's literally zilch info about that.
Also, it's funny how you specified "americans".
So if they did not spy on Americans they would be fine in your book?

What the fuck is CIA's (or any intelligence agency) job then? According to you lads it's doing fucking nothing.

We use fucking typewriters to file sensetive data, we sure as fuck would not drive non fully mechanical cars.

>A few years back the NSA confirmed they go through hundreds of millions of messages a day. Are you implying the CIA doesnt do the same?
Actually they probably do, but using NSA tools, not some exploits that are too riskyy to use.

>Didn't fuck up the government at all

So losing a virus to the enemy is a good thing?

Not sure I understand your logic

Pretty sure losing a virus after it did it's job is not a very big issue.

Most of us are literally too stupid to understand that, though.

So you win a war but leave behind intercontinental ballistic missiles.

But hey, you did your job right? Fuck the later consequences.

hello

>stuxnet
>flame
>etc

HEY GUYS MAYBE IF I USE A RUSSIAN VPN I WONT GET CALLED A SHILL

YOU SHOULD HAVE NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY RETARDS HURR DURR ITS 2017 THEREFORE FUCK YOUR RIGHT TO PRIVACY LOL

kill yourself op

Nice picture from cougar high.

Well, that's how viruses work, don't they? There's no guarantee they won't be dissected even if there are killswitches programmed.

I have never argued against privacy, my yellow friend.

Hello

What are you saying exactly?

Wut? It's Kryptos.

Stuxnet did exactly what you are saying it wouldnt do. It did its job, then it just sat there.

So now you're admitting that viruses created by the CIA and American agencies DO pose a threat when reverse engineered.

Glad we're on the same page.

Shill

It was reverse engineered into various other malicious programs.

You're right in that that the media continued to call it Stuxnet, but it was manipulated and changed into something new

Doesn't change the fact that they used Stuxnet against us.

If you think there's not a massive cyber war going on right now you have you head in the ground.

Well, yeah.
I just thought that you're talking about agenices here rather than exploits in general:
>They did their job pretty badly seeing as their fancy hacking software programs fell into the hands of hackers around the world, and now they're defending against their own programs.

>just because they can doesnt mean they do
what kind of logic is that? if they have the ability, then they can totally fucking do it now can't they? stupid shill

The leaks are manufactured by the intelligence community to produce a panopticon effect

meant for

Me too senpai. But I'd also like there was no nukes, military and shitfuck politicians but yet here we are. Take the blackpill user, noble lies are for the plebs

Keep your guns. At least you still have that check and balance available to you. In the UK, there is literally nothing stopping the government from going full Lenin on our asses, they even flirt with it at times under the guise of good intentions. They probably even believe their own shit too. I guess we should count ourselves lucky the majority still believe the freedom meme because we really do live in a system fully ready and loaded for mass democide. They just dont have the balls to pull the trigger yet.

Another floorshitter.

yes, and the agencies like the CIA and Mossad were responsible for creating Stuxnet.

>What the fuck is CIA's (or any intelligence agency) job then?

The CIA's job is to gather and analyze intelligence relating to foreign military, intelligence and counterintelligence operations.

Spying on US citizens, releasing spyware to private contractors for use on US citizens, and buying and selling secrets from and to other US spy agencies all fall far outside their mandate. Making public statements is also something that every spy agency should avoid since it inherently weakens their position and thereby the security of their nation, but the CIA ust had to stick their dick where it didn't belong because Trump wasn't their guy. Jerking off to cartoon ponies isn't something anybody should be doing on the taxpayer's money, CIA or otherwise.

So far the leaks only seem to relate to CCI activities, which is only one division within a larger organisation, but the language and attitude of the internal comments in the leaked material seems to indicate that they've had an influx of young blood who play fast and loose with the rules without any consideration of the consequences they might wreak. These are literally MLP fags, weeaboos and redditors being given the task of engaging in matters of the utmost geopolitical and military significance.

I can only imagine how embarrassed and furious the HUMINT branches of the CIA are right now. Heads are going to roll.

>IF IT CAN BE DONE IT WILL BE DONE
>tfw thinking about all my guro doushinjis

Do you approve of fucking up Iran's nucelar program using Stuxnet though?

>These are literally MLP fags, weeaboos and redditors being given the task of engaging in matters of the utmost geopolitical and military significance.
Well, it's not CIA's fault that most of Sup Forumstards are autistic dweebs.

I hope you realize that no one here buys your horseshit. You would have better luck shilling this garbage over at reddit.

The problem wasn't that they used a virus to attack another country.

The problem was that it fell into their hands and was then used against us.

That's not protecting anyone.

You need to do something about it man. Get involved in politics or get rich enough to influence things.

Thank christ I'm not the only one thinking this. This is just standard spy trade shit, I would be dammed if the Russians, Chinese and most of europe weren't running their own versions of this program.

Do you think there's any viable way to deploy a virus that won't be found out/reversed with a 100% guarantee?

No

Nice anecdote OP. You could write a fairytale about it.

Of course there is, and there has been for years. Guess I miss read the initial post, apologies leaf.

Leave Charles alone.

you're not addressing the issue.

Is there any viable reason to use a weapon that can then be used against you to inflict the same kind of damage on you?

That's like chopping someone's arm off and then handing him the sword and presenting your arm to them so they can chop it off.

It's tactically retarded and it's not an example of someone just "doing their job."

I understand. The initial instinct is to assume leafs are shit posting and we deserve that reputation.

the very nature of how these leaks were obtained says otherwise, and this is an incredibly shitty argument you're trying to make. they wouldn't have so much of this technology in such abundance if they didn't plan staying busy with it.

Problem is, we can't be sure if Stuxnet could do any real damage. It might have attacked Chevron, but Israel and US probably didn't really give a shit about it and all critical infrastructure might have been protected at this point.

You really need to do some more research on Stuxnet if you're going to pursue this argument. Stuxnet was designed to infect nuclear power plants for fuck's sake. How is that not "critical infrastructure.

You're got numerous security experts talking about how big of a threat this is. There have been countless documentaries made.

The Chevron example was one specific example mentioned. There are countless others. Please do some actual research because it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

>Do you approve of fucking up Iran's nucelar program using Stuxnet though?

I personally believe that Stuxnet was poorly controlled and whoever set it loose was short-sighted and irresponsible, but my opinion is largely immaterial.

If it was the CIA who let Stuxnet loose, they were still (debatably) acting within their mandate, since they (presumably) believed that they were only interfering with a hostile foreign power's military operations and (presumably) didn't know that the virus would escape containment.

The main significance of the Vault 7 material is how much of the CCI's effort is going towards developing technology and hoarding secrets that can be used to spy on US citizens, technology and secrets that are then being provided to private contractors and other US agencies which aren't restricted in the same way. Much like the intelligence-trading deal within the Five Eyes alliance, it makes clear their intention of bypassing the law and gathering intelligence on US citizens which it would be illegal for them to gather themselves.

>Well, it's not CIA's fault that most of Sup Forumstards are autistic dweebs.

Maybe not, but they could at least make the effort to hire the ones that aren't. That said, it's easier to blackmail and control employees who jerk off to cartoon ponies. It's probably similar to the penchant that British intelligence had for hiring flamboyant gays back when sodomy was illegal, and making sure the House of Lords was made up of pedophiles throughout the 70s and 80s.

He's also a shill. Don't take his intransigence personally.

>all critical infrastructure might have been protected at this point
What's there to not understand?
Did Stuxnet attack any nuclear plants in US/Israel/UK?

NSA doesn't leak their entire tools infrastructure for EVERYONE to use like the CIA did. That's where Wikileaks got it was off the market. That's the real news. Now ALL of it is .... wide open season.

Mossad let loose Stuxnet.

youtube.com/watch?v=0X0Teo5AxQM

Stuxnet got reverse engineered and traded on the black market as early as 2010. Our course US and UK agencies had to beef up their defences in return but you realise the risks it presented, right?

*of course

There's evidence that points to it being the culprit in the Fukushima meltdown.

Japan is a close ally of the US, and the poison it's seeping into the sea (at an increasing rate, because they can't get close enough to some of the reactors to shut them off) is washing across the Pacific allies and the USA's entire west coast. If the CIA is responsible for Stuxnet, they have fucked up beyond belief.

They are another suspect, sure. I highly doubt you're in a position to be so certain.

Look, my question was not about how Stuxnet was handled but if it's fair game.

>Maybe not, but they could at least make the effort to hire the ones that aren't.
I don't see any advantage to that, really. There's no guarantee that a normie won't go rogue and that's all that matter. You can be a total degenerate, but what matters is doing your job and doing it well.

>There's evidence that points to it being the culprit in the Fukushima meltdown.
I Google it and it's largely conspiratorial babble.

Snowden named USA and Israel as authors of Stuxnet.

I like to think that my local nuclear plant won't be fucked up by a rogue software anyway. :^)

Yes. Spooky shit and all that.

way to miss the point user

sage goes in all fields