What is life like in South Korea? Is it a normal country?

What is life like in South Korea? Is it a normal country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T0TYCEXmi90
youtube.com/watch?v=DyqUw0WYwoc
youtube.com/watch?v=EhmzpMP3bEE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Watched that whole thing

>tfw no nork qt gf

>tfw you will never educate a qt north korean on how modern society functions and experience humorous misunderstandings along the way

Along with Japan,they are probably the only countries with a majority non white popuplation who can be considered first world countires

It's pretty cool. I like living here a lot better than in the US. Everything's super convenient and people are nice. Cost of living is cheaper.

People work some loooong fucking hours, tho.

What's with Asians and work man. God damn.

I'd let her tap her butt on me

What is this weird cartoon frog people keep posting on this board?

It's pretty crazy. And then after some of those long days, you're expected to stay out late and drink with your boss and coworkers. Got other shit going on? Too bad!

My childhood bullies :(

workaholic culture, SK bud of mine said lots of people are depressed from long work hours and some commit suicide if they don't succeed academically or something. Kind of like Japan, just with less xenophobia and more plastic surgery.

FED !

here you can have this one for free, friend

What's the point of living in a nice first world nation if you spend all your time working?

I don't get it. That's probably one of the reasons why suicide rates are so high in Japan.

In all honesty I wish I could help the people who live in North Korea. I've always promised myself that I'd enlist in the military if something were to happen there. I don't even like asians.

South Korea represents everything that is wrong with formerly developing countries that only just adopted western technology and governance but didn't do the extra legwork of engaging in modern philosophy to reconcile their old ways with modern ideas.

Up until japanese colonialism / american interventionism, Korea was basically a medieval tier feudal shithole. They didn't have their own early modern renaissances / Scientific Revolution / Enlightenment phase like Europeans did. Think of the impact that can have on a country's views. Think of what can happen when you introduce things like 'internet', 'antibiotics' and 'banking' to countries that knew nothing else until then.

On the surface to eastaboos, south korea looks like any other first world country. It's got brightly lit cities, internet cafes, advanced public education, advanced military, etc.

In reality, every part outside of the metropolises is a rural backwater plagued with abject poverty. Most parts of Korea are virtually untouched since the feudal era.

There is also the mindset and values. Koreans, like most asians, are extremely superficial elitist. No Korean will ever respect you or see you as an equal unless you are wearing expensive designer clothing and sucking up to them in the most transparent manner possible. Traditional korean hierarchy still plays a significant role in the way modern Koreans interact with one another, and it's not a good sight to behold. When you see Korean workers interacting with a Korean boss, you don't see a sign of mutual respect. The relationship between Koreans can be best described as predatory and unfeeling. It's so bad that bribery is an extremely common and socially acceptable practice in Korean education and business environments. For example, korean students are instructed by their parents to hand over envelopes of money to teachers to guarantee good grades, recommendations, and other favors necessary to succeed academically.

Basically, korea kind of sucks.

This is bs.
People are definitely not nice. Rude as fuck. Don't know please and thank you. Don't welcome you etc. Maybe if you have no standards or are a prick they seem nice to you. If you want polite people go to Japan or Taiwan. Cost of living is also pretty high compared to germany and even most of Japan and of course Taiwan. Only convenient is true.

Pretty cute desu

delet

I've never heard Japan is polite. Though I've never heard anything about Taiwan.

That was interesting. Where is the full interview?

Lol wat are u a shitskin?
Whites are worshiped in korea.
I bet your a shitskin ahmed.

maby because you're not asian?

No, it is exceptional.

You are desperate to understand, heh, CIA ?

literally the worst feel...

They should just make a movie where they follow 3 different qt north koreans around as they acclimate to society

You should see them use forks and knives

youtu.be/T0TYCEXmi90

>I've never heard Japan is polite.
That's like their number one thing, dude.

It's a little cramped imo. Generally convenient and comfy communities. Administration can be a bit hectic and the people don't like straying from the norm or seem less than perfect to a fault. Cost of living isn't too bad, but beef will cost you a leg and service is dirt cheap.

The suburban/rural areas don't seem that bad. I speculate It looks that way because the older folks are just used to it and prefer things to be done in such and such style. Most of the older people I see use cellphones and shit. I haven't heard of any semi populated area being that poor. The geography kinda prevents people from developing willy nilly.

where were you? Unless it's super busy I've always been greeted or welcomed.

whites almost get preferential treatment in lower level service industry situations. The younger people tend to like all different colors

Koreans are notoriously racist, even by Asian standards.

>i was obviously a girl

did she just assume her own gender? TRIGGERED

You're like a baby

Yes and no. Korea went through different phases of social development. Sejong the great devised the hanguel 500 years ago, which replaced the ridiculous kanji with a 40ish character set. Its much easier to read korean than either C or J - though J is much easier on the tongue.

They also on multiple occasions showed ingenuity in a pinch (tortoise ships), but as a penisular squeezed between 2 great powers expansion wasnt exactly an option.

youtube.com/watch?v=DyqUw0WYwoc
youtube.com/watch?v=EhmzpMP3bEE

1 second in Google. iirc she says something about seeing dead babies.

Anime when?

Plastic
Surgery
Every
Fucking
Where

They even have ads for it on the subway and trains.
Daughter graduated Highschool? Get her a new nose!
Not even fucking kidding. I don't think it's possible to go a day in Seoul without some chick having bandages on her face from some surgery she got.

Japs are pretty racist too. Especially against Chinese. But who can blame them?
They're just less upfront about their racism most of the time.

There'll be plenty of Nork refugees for you to baby in a few years. They won't be attractive though.

What is it with asians and corruption, seriously? Every one of their countries is corrupt to the bone, even based Japan is completely infiltrated by the Yakuza and you have to bribe them to build shit and so on.

Everyone bullies loo poopies.

I kind of want to live in the Korean countryside, it's really beautiful. Is it really that poor and backward though? I'm sure I'd be fine in busan or Seoul as a white guy but what's it like out in the boonies?

Is wife beating still common there? I read it used to be part of the culture, like very patriarchal, the husband is the king of the houshold, that kind of thing.

But you care about fellow human beings. I don't care for "boba tea, so kawaii" culture either but I do care about the people underneath.

CIA, im user.

how's that park business shaking out
megalia cult still going wild?

Don't you watch Korean movies? That's where all the tanned rapists live.

New friend welcome on board
Here's your homework
Gas the kikes race war now
And hitler did nothing wrong

>you will never rescue that qt tea shop girl from the VICE documentary

I bet she was "re-educated" by now because she appeared on that and got popular.

they have buses and subway in NK and obviously TV as well, South Korea propaganda is really tiresome because it prevents people from knowing the truth about NK

I just want the truth

SK just feels like any Koreatown district in the US just on a large scale

Everyone here is influenced by American culture and they don't even realize it

Also the country is really dirty and there's fucking trash everywhere

Well yeah I do and they make rural communities seem like historical relics with cartoonishly incompetent police. I was just hoping an actual Korean could tell me how accurate it is

Those poor fuckers.