Why have presidential assassination become rarer?

Despite rifles getting better?

Lincoln 1865
(16 years)
Garfiled 1881
(20 years)
McKinley 1901
(62 years)
JFK 1963
(more than 54 years?)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gy7FVXERKFE
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/03/bullseye-from-1000-yards-shooting-the-17000-linux-powered-rifle/
edition.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politics/trump-inauguration-gigapixel/
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2540879/US-Military-testing-smart-rifle-automatically-aim-turn-ANYONE-sharp-shooter.html
youtube.com/watch?v=UBckInltOQU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Curious about this as well

Americans have a large variety of rifles, ballistic computers in every phone, and even triggers actuated by smart scopes

I find it hard to believe people don't at least try to get a shot off from a long distance with all that gear accessible to the public

Best assassination was done with a grenade.

Just sayin'

(((They))) just got more control, on who is become president, and you don't kill your guys.

Assassinations can also by attempted by disgruntled regular citizens yaknow

security has gotten a lot better

Security was worse while media control was better, also secret evil was almost impossible to expose without internet

What about attempts? Reagan got shot.

I am sure that alot of people would shoot trump if they were given the chance.

Also, Ronald Reagan was shot a few times. So maybe add him in there too. Saved by modern medicine.

Lies

There's only 1 country based enough to do that

Pretty much this. The secret service does a very very good job of protecting the president these days.

>security has gotten a lot better
Last I checked, rifles can hit at 1km distance. I am pretty sure, Trump can be in sight of a long-distance modern rifle once in a while. And the SS can do nothing about it.

JFK got killed because he was a bad goym. No reason to kill your puppet otherwise.

people realized that killing the president doesn't really accomplish anything unless the VP is a cunt like LBJ

Medical care has gotten much better, Reagan barely survived the 1981 assassination attempt and would've probably died in an earlier era.

I'm thinking about that too

I don't want to google this sort of stuff but I doubt they can inspect every window out there, there are multiple spots on this picture alone well within assisted average shooter range

Rifles can hit at 1km. Exceptionally few marksmen can.

>CIA does Trump
>Pence becomes POTUS
>Globalists start civil war
>Pence declares martial law
youtube.com/watch?v=Gy7FVXERKFE

Why will this not happen?

They didn't have The Beast, bulletproof shields during speeches, and had probably 1/10 as many Secret Service agents. They also didn't have security cameras on every street corner and the ability to covertly listen to anyone on the planet through a cellular microphone.

everyone gets caught because they tell someone. its the silent, no friend losers is who you worry about

Better security.
You should check out DC if you ever come here, Hans. Whenever Marine One flies overhead you can see secret service snipers pop up on the rooftops.

It's a lot more than that, though as far as close calls go you could probably only count Jackson and Teddy.

Why kill if you can control?

What's the game here with Pence? Why did Trump pick him? I really don't get it.

There's a chess move there but it could be any number of moves.

Lincoln was shot with a pistol. Also I think so were Garfield and Mckinley. Reagan was shot with a .22 and it nearly killed him. JFK was the only one shot with a rifle.

Presidents have picked dummies for vice presidents as life insurance. Nobody wants the vp to be in charge.

Every cunt has a camera these days.

Evangelical vote?
Strike fear into the hearts of trans and gays everywhere

I think people are just really apathetic and spineless now mostly. People get mad and talk a lot of shit on the internet but are unwilling to do anything else.

Gerald Ford had at least one attempt that i can think of.

Didn't some guy jump the WH fence and get in the building during BHO's presidency? Or was it GWB? And somebody planned to crash their plane into the WH, I think.

>hello google, how to kill the president of the united states with a sniper rifle?

what could go wrong?

Neither of those reasons but thanks for writing words.

insurance. he might be bad but pence is actually crazy, is the logic.

The media scares the public into thinking Trump is evil. Pence is actually liberals worst nightmare come to fruition.

Mass surveillance of the entire US domestic population.

So in any one of those buildings, do you really think the security isn't thorough enough to check every window?
You really underestimate the secret service.
If the US President comes to a city, the SS gets there a couple weeks in advance to scope the place out, even telling window washers and other workers to not work in certain places. The city gets shut the fuck down.

It is NOT easy to snipe the pres. It'd be easier to pull a pistol out and try to sticky get a shot off, but even that often falls and is suicide.

A few people tried and failed miserably. Security is better and the people more stupid. I think the next assassination of a president will be via a bomb.

well figure it out yourself and stop asking a russian political subversion flipbook forum.

Install is not completed. There is a 3 inch thick 4 feet tall ballistic windows in front and side of him. There is also like 100 counter sniper.

that kid only got one year in prison trying to grab a police officers gun at a trump rally lol

That really doesn't explain it. We have an agency basically gone rogue. In my opinion these agencies have internal factions that don't all agree on the end game. So if something does happen these people would be ousted as traitors.

The jew is afraid of the samurai

There was no need.Control got more effective.

When complete the screen isn't high enough to cover from potential sniper fire

when obama was here they even welded the drains in the streets because someone could place a bomb inside.

Most Americans that own rifles, own low tech-old hand me down rifles from gramps. Id wager less than %10 of those owners feel sure enough of themselves to take a shot at the president. You have to remember the items you listed are expensive and monitored by the ATF. The people who buy them have enough money to not shoot the president or they have gov jobs and get discounts on milspec equipment.

TLDR: Sure there's guns in America, high tech ones with smart scopes but most the population doesn't have them, cant use them or don't want to.

CHECK THE AD BANNER
ITS FUCKING HAPPENING

>lincoln was shot in a theatre by an actor
>people think it was real

Booth's father was a hugely famous theatre actor. The actor that played Lincoln probably played Jefferson Davis as well. It's all a big lie.

>durp de durp I'm going to climb up to the roof of a building and shoot at one of the most heavily guarded people in the world
Not to mention there's a bunch of actual snipers on security detail all the time.

I have zero idea about the security is in those buildings, but you're right there's just no way, you could even assign a sniper/spotter to each facade and there would be zero way to open a window without being seen

I do that feel comfortable posting in this thread.

Sage

You bring up a great point user, The internet could be one major factor in this.

Think about it. Its a sort of vent for political accusations. Like an adult pacifier

Nobody said that, I'm talking window cracked open as far as possible from the podium

I would certainly be extremely uneasy if I were Trump during those speeches with wide open solutions from so many spots, so I'm just curious about what kind of gear and organization these guys have

an actual interesting question.

>Rifles can hit at 1km. Exceptionally few marksmen can.
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/03/bullseye-from-1000-yards-shooting-the-17000-linux-powered-rifle/

Modern tech lets anyone shoot anything from a 1km distance. You wouldn't even have to be on site. You can just control it remotely from anywhere really.

You know, I wonder if it is like suicides - I live in SF and people are always jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge, but the news never reports it because they don't want copycats (there is a documentary called The Bridge about it but be warned, it will fuck you up).

Maybe it is the same with assassination attempts nowadays? They probably get stopped a lot faster, and then get muted in the media. Just a thought.

he's right

If they get caught law enforcement wouldn't disclose the details to the media. I'd be some punk drug dealer or something getting arrested move along goy.

I always figured it was because no one really hated them enough to throw their life away over it. In this case it's the left that hates the president, and they don't really like guns.

Or we could go way into left field and say, that the president has actually died hundreds of times, but the government, ayys, or whoever controls things at the highest level just replaces everything and makes the event disappear.

I see what you mean, still that's not even one person for 55 millions of gun owners...

It's not so easy to hit a moving target at 1km.

You can do it, sure but it's hard.

Plus vantage points you could use would probably be pre-emptively secured by security.

That makes the most sense imo

On the same coin, the internet is what saved us all. an uncontrollable entity spewing info that with enough research and sources may be true. and even if it cant be "proven", lots of present day scandals have come to light thanks to the autismlords of the internet, back then all you needed to do to weave a narrative was to own the televisions, radio and rumors, people where isolated back then, a perfect society for the demoralization and " you are crazy, you are alone" narrative could easily be pushed.

But nowadays. despite the heavy censoring and every attempt to cover up things, leaks crack through and even a thought if your sandwich might have spit in it is enough to not buy that sandwich anymore.

Look, they took a gigapixel picture of the inauguration

i'll see if i can spot any counter snipers or cool shit

edition.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politics/trump-inauguration-gigapixel/

Jackson wasn't shot, the guy pulled two guns on Jackson and when he fired with each the gun misfired, then Jackson raised his cane and beat the guy nearly to death.

looks like the nigga from linus techtips hahahahaha

hello youtube! today we are gonna see if grabbing a policemans gun at a trump rally is a good idea! and weigh up the pros and cons,now a word from our sponsor dollar shave shop!

God smiled upon America and shat on bankers all at once.

Also tons of political assassinations have been attempted/managed since kennedy, including Bobby. Oswald's rifle was stupid out of date by the 60s too, didn't even use modern spitzer bullets.

Dumb shit
The glass is of ample height to ensure cover from all potential angles.
i.e the angle required to get a shot from the tallest building in range.
How fucking retarded can you be

look at the gigapixel pic and tell me again that this screen is tall enough

Yep, a 1/10th 1 degree deviation means a miss already add to that wind and such factors.

there are snipers around the national mall 24/7 on normal days.
you think they dont have every vantage point covered especially on inauguration day?

I've thought about this a lot. Given a ballistic/atmospheric computer, the proper rifle/optic, proper conditions, and a proper knowledge of green side/black side sniper tactics, any trained sniper could easily get a shot off and leave the scene undetected.

There are probably only a handful of Americans with this level of skill though.

The ideology has changed. Modern leaders are no longer figureheads of a nation- they don't stand for anything, they're just interchangeable suits, faces of the faceless corporatist oligarchy.
Around the turn of the 20th century, anarchists were responsible for many assassinations. Their theory was that by eliminating the heads of state, they would induce a mass panic and chaos in the populace that would turn against the state, and begin the stateless society, or some such claptrap.

Hare-brained as they might have been, at least these black flag-bearers had some tangible success, unlike our modern hyphenated nobodies.

>French education
Achmed can't grasp simple geometry

In my timeline there were only 2 successful assassination attempts. Also all the video of the JFK assassination were in black and white, the limo was a 4 seater.

You're a fucking moron

Pence was the RNC's /guy/. They would've been running him for President in 2020 probably. Trump offered to make him VP in exchange for getting the RNC on his side, and basically what happened is they kind of did, but not really.

Pretty shit deal to be honest. I can only hope that Pence isn't as scummy as most of the rest of DC is.

That and he had to consolidate the christian right with someone who is super calm and personable. The opposite of Trump.

Hill's pick with Kaine was sort of the opposite man for the same reasons. Not-hillarylike.

Evangelicals and cuckservatives respect him and trump supporters don't mind him

Make the shot, absolutely, but exfiltrate I doubt it. The place has to be completely covered by a dense array of microphones, with spec ops standing by to rush to any location without trafic

Even if it wasn't covered by physical security you can't escape the cameras unless you somehow managed to do it remotely, ala the jackal.

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2540879/US-Military-testing-smart-rifle-automatically-aim-turn-ANYONE-sharp-shooter.html

Who needs to aim when your gun can do all the calculations and fire for you

I lived in Dublin city centre back when we got a double whammy of Obama and the Queen visiting one after another within like a week.

You have no idea what a fucking circus it was for at least the while preceding month. And yes, they checked every window on the route, and they fucking inspected and sealed every manhole, phone exchange, utility box, and literately every spot where you could have concealed anything (presumably a gun or explosive or whatever).

I get security, but fuck being treated like a suspect by agents of foreign state when on my way back home from work, just because your fucking pres decided to drive right by my house.

And the snipers were allowed to shoot people waving, just in case they confuse it with a gun

The NSA is pretty good at spying on people in their country. I don't think anybody that tried got near politicians.

Assassinations are also done more sneaky now a days, with toxic ... and covered up by the media.

Impressive, must be a fascinating job managing security for ultra VIPs

Better security.
Presidents didn't even have guards around them at first. That's why Andrew Jackson had to beat the shit out of his attacker himself, after the attackers gun failed.

Because the globalist already own them

>no reason to kill someone you already control

So what about drones, mortar and other remote means, do they have some kind of CIWS ? Laser / jammer ?

This is the correct answer. Not really sure why nobody else sees this. It's obvious when you think about it enough.

They only kill the choice of the people that they don't want, so it just didn't happen anymore.

Then Trump came along and killing him would be flirting with a highly unpredictable outcome

They always black out most RF, they also have their own drones for that.

The american people do not want to assassinate our Presidents. It's who we, as a country, voted for.

(((((They))))), however, will assassinate our President when that President goes against their agenda.

55 million? Lol no. We have 109 million gun owners with 353 million guns, 9 million of which are illegal

I think jammers are the main defense against them.
There's also stuff like pic related.

High profile assassinations with them would be difficult, but I think it's only a matter of time until we see random terror attacks with them. They can't carry much of a payload, but the psychological factor is pretty intense.

>Despite rifles getting better?
Rifles don't need to be "better".

JFK was supposedly shot with a shitty Carcano.

The difference is nowadays we have much better ballistic glass and technology like ShotCaller.

>The american people do not want to assassinate our Presidents. It's who we, as a country, voted for.
Aren't there many people who are insane and want to be on national TV?

I mean if I were an ISIS radical, why not go after the big Daddy instead of small fish? Even if you miss and hit Ivanka, that is a big win for ISIS.

Because ISIS is American

>There are probably only a handful of Americans with this level of skill though.
Sounds like an interesting idea for a movie...

youtube.com/watch?v=UBckInltOQU