Designer Babies

What's your opinion on genetically modifying babies? Is it good or bad, and why?

If you wanna pre-select from a few of your own fertilized eggs I don't have problem with it. Certain groups like Jews and Muslims have inbred for a long time. Certain people have inherited a disease and they don't want their child to have to deal with it.
Even if it leads to people being able to select things like eye color or intelligence in the future, that should be the parent's decision. As long as we can avoid Gattaca, it'll be alright.

bump

The Jews will make everyone retarded goyim.

I truly believe that.

Where the hell is Malta, anyway?

not now when we dont even understand fully how our bodies work
but in the future, it is a certain next step, since evolution takes too much time and we sure arent helping ourself by creating such comfy living conditions

I see nothing wrong with it so long as the genetic changes do no harm.

I would tell you, but once you know, you have to give live there forever.

I thought that shit olnly existed in GTA radio commercials

If we aren't being conditioned to be societies zombie beasts of burden now they we certainly will after this happens.

Isolate genes that produce freedom of thought and destroy them

To remove defects? Good.

To make a child exactly as you want it? Bad.

What this means is that whoever makes the first perfect human wins.

We are now in a full blown genetic arms race in which there can only be one winner, and everyone else dies.

There was a discussion on time in my psychology class about genetic modified newborns. How scientists could improve their iq, strength, dexterity, and much more. A Captain America, if you will.
Apparently psychologists banned this idea because they are afraid the rich, because it's expensive af, would only benefit from this and take over. They said we as a society aren't ready for this kind of change.
Idk if I agree but that's what the professor said.

>Society is naturally narcissistic
>People will begin competing by creating "the best looking baby"
>Whites will be called racist for making their kids white.
>Black will make their babies white which will also cause controversy
>Race wars will cause WW3

I've seen people whine about new surgeries that can bestow them hearing because they have deaf-culture.
You know what's going to happen? These vermin are going to protest this because it'll eliminate everyone who isn't genetically enhanced.

If used for the purposes of preventing disease, disorders, and other negative health conditions then I believe it should be permitted.

If used purely for cosmetic purposes (I want my baby to have black skin, despite being white, or have eyes as blue as sapphire despite being genetically impossible due to the parents lineage, etc.) then I think it should AT LEAST be regulated.

It is similar to how most people feel about abortion, I would assume, where as it is always a grey area because conditions always seem to vary.

Its unnatural and a blight. Cloning is fine when the need arises (new heart, new lungs, yada). Theres mang problems with genetic babies. If you change one gene the rest of the family bred from such a marvel of biological engineering will inherent the same trait. So imagine making it hyper intelligent and immune to all diseases. All these traits carry on into their children until eventualy the genes have stagnated and they die.

evil, this can only result in a generation of mentally sick underdeveloped individuals
goys
it's a fucking goyim factory

E U G E N I C S

U

G

E

N

I

C

S

It's our only chance at a better future for humanity.

Remove all the undesirables from the Earth

The people saying it's bad are just going to be overthrown by all those superior humans being created. No point in discussing it, really.

Just imagine all that genetically modified boipucci we can create

>designer babies become the norm
>white babies no longer allowed to be chosen in order to diversify society

What if you have already been born? Can I get designer genes? :^)

Mandatory gene editing to kill off whitey.

Anyone that believes that there aren't thousands of scientists genetically engineering humans in private right now are idiots. For all we know, the process could already be perfected and right now they're just figuring out which strings lead to which traits.

We have the technology. Morals only apply in the public spotlight. There *has* to be someone in the shadows working on this.

>cant cure common cold
>modify human genetic makeup

Can't wait for niggers to make their kids grow chicken wings with their subsidized modifications

>Implying they can't design a human with better immunity

>Niggers removing black traits from their babies
>black traits die out because no one wants a black baby

Seems good to me.

It might not be ethical by today's standards, the knowledge and technology is most probably very very far from being usable and it will create the most awkward transition phase humanity has ever faced but if you really think that ascension to transhumanism is something objectively bad, feel free to kys.

If my wife ever cheated on me, it would be impossible to have a child from another man this way, as it would force my DNA.

Waste of time the environment effects you more than genes do

>perfected
lol no. Science has only scratched the surface. Although I must say, such engineering is strictly forbidden.

It's not that easy. Who knows what new issues it could create - you also forget that by manually altering that code you are in essence creating mutants.

Even if you could remove the black, you would still have "niggers". Being a nigger is not a race thing.

>Science has only scratched the surface.

Sure, the guys who public in magazines. We're talking private groups, though. As you said, it's forbidden. You know how much money is on the line for the first people who nail the process?

Let's not pretend that greed can't move mountains.

If you're made in a a test tube you aren't a human.

Designer babies are just another way for Jews to remove the genetics of their biggest competition.

It kind of ruins having kids
Its supposed to be a dice roll not a choose your own adventure

>Gattaca
unfortunately, even the idea of designer babies, or babies that have """""certain""""" genes, is a suggestion to phenotype-prejudices.

Let's be honest, there are some people who do not want to race mix. If I had the option to choose which traits my first unborn son would carry, you bet your ass I would. I'd eliminate all traces of other races I don't seem fit.

WW3 will be fought with atomic dildos.

is it actually designing the genes of a potential zygote or is it just selecting zygotes that have favourable make ups, then selecting the best, and discarding the rest?

Well, it's original.

Successful bread

Ever realize African Americans are the biggest eugenics experiment ever... Those who didn't die on the boat over or working in the fields the first few years and you're left with physically prime breeding stock...
>I mean we weren't selecting for IQ or anything, which pretty much explains a lot.

Fuck the common cold, at least that makes sense.
>can't eradicate allergies
Seriously how the fuck did farmers live 100 years ago? Science needs to figure this shit out.

>wanting to ensure your kid has the best possible genetic makeup and avoid them having diseases
Wow that's terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you just kill a thread by spamming fucking bread

We can screen for single gene disorders in sperm and zygotes but thats about it

Op is a phaggot

This.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. We genetically designed a lot of crops and animals too, turns out this can cause serious problems a few generations down the line. Now, I'm not saying all genetic engineering is bad, but rather we should be cautious and aware that not everything can be fixed through genetic engineering, nor is there such a thing as a "perfect" genetic code. It's all very mish-mashed and random.

designer babies are a social construct. let designer babies pick their own genetics.

Eugenics in general is a pretty horrifying concept. My fear with designer babies is the threat that it poses to the individual. If we start picking and choosing our traits it's hard to see how we wouldn't gravitate towards conformity on a massive scale.

Ever hear of the term Mithridatism (Poison Tolerance), same shit applies with allergies, you just gradually expose yourself to larger and larger amounts to build up tolerance to the allergen in question. If you have a peanut allergy, small exposure over time will strengthen your bodies' resistance to it and reduce the reaction.

At the very least to remove genetic diseases that are a detriment to the health of the child

The Jews would be all over that shit in a heartbeat given how many they have for their group alone.

>implying designer babies are just ways for women to cuck their husbands by getting pregnant with chad's kids and changing their eye color and jaw structure so billy beta is none the wiser.

The first designer babies will be bogdanoff babies.

If you aren't baking your baby to be breast to become a baugette at age eighteen, you're a savage that should be sterilised. By castration

But that doesn't explain seasonal allergies. You are exposed to them all your life, all be it not continuously. There is zip reason your body should freak the fuck out over some tree sperm.

If you accept Sup Forums levels of genetic determinism it's a moral imperative, and unless it's >$1 million you could make a very strong case for subsidizing it among the general population.

If blacks consume a lot of welfare because of low IQ, and IQ is genetic, ultimately subsidizing fetal gene therapy could very well be cheaper.