Can the CIA kill you by hacking your car?

can the CIA kill you by hacking your car?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hastings_(journalist)
youtube.com/watch?v=JzWHZngfONo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe if you had a gay little electric car
Hence why Obama liked electric cars

yeah but they could hack someone else's gay electric car to hit your metal 80's scrapheap and kill you on the highway

really makes u think

They can't hack my bionic dick.

you'll never use it anyways!

Not if you drive a manual
>CIA tries to kill me
>Hack the throttle
>Just put it in neutral so the engine revs but the car doesn't move
>Engage handbrake if they cut the brakes.

Yes, but only the people who deserve it will get hacked for their crimes. Don't worry the gov always knows what's best for you. That is why we need only "smart guns" too!

Safety first goyim! Think of the children!

im pretty sure they can just hack your smartphone battery and put you in a hospital

You should worry about MI5 than yanks agency.

I guess it depends on what kind of car you have. If your car has bluetooth it should be possible for them to access the car via your cell phone. I doubt the multimedia system of the car is usually connected to the software controlling the engine etc, but if it has OBD which can be accessed through the multimedia system this should be the case. In this case it would at least in theory be possible to get the engine to fail which in certain situations might be able to kill you, especially if you have automatic transmission. If you don't have drive-by-wire steering wheel, brakes and you have a clutch I don't really see how they would go about killing you by hacking the car, even if they could hack your car.

i've actually been looking for a car and it's incredible how shit the market offer is.

>hacks your servo
>direct you into the next tree/car
>insta dead

you could not even react

Buy something from early/late 90s
Best cars

how have you already forgotten about michael hastings?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hastings_(journalist)

>Hastings became a vocal critic of the Obama administration, Democratic Party and surveillance state during the investigation of reporters by the U.S. Department of Justice in 2013, referring to the restrictions on the freedom of the press by the Obama administration as a "war" on journalism.[4] His last story, "Why Democrats Love to Spy On Americans", was published by BuzzFeed on June 7.[5][6] Hastings died in a fiery high-speed automobile crash on June 18, 2013, in Los Angeles, California.[7]

>A witness to the crash said the car seemed to be traveling at maximum speed and was creating sparks and flames before it fishtailed and crashed into a palm tree

>'05 CVPI
>only good thing to ever be manufactured in Canada
>hardly any electronics on mine except for the radio and heater
>converted from electronic throttle to cable throttle (a common modification for performance upgrades)

I don't have a picture of my actual one but I wouldn't trade my Vic for anything. It and I have been through so much together it has never let me down and has gotten me out of trouble more than once. The $20 or so extra in gas that I pay extra per month vs some tiny faggy 4 cylinder compact is fucking worth it.

>gay little electric car hits crown Vic
>little electric car crumpled like beer can
>Vic merely needs a new headlight

((((they)))) can kill you that way. Look what happened to the poor kid who exposed Patraeous. they ran his car into a tree and burned him alive by locking him in the car.

LOL. Got a 21 year old Volkswagen. Mechanic locks, mechanic ignition, no navigation system, totally old school. All of the electronics are in the car radio and its cassette player.

Good luck hacking that.

they can't because I don't have a car.

Yes that's why they had the Cash for Clunkers program a few years ago.

To remove older cars that couldn't be hacked

Nah late 70's early 80's is where it's at.

literally any script kiddie can tamper with you toaster on wheels
don't fall for the (((smart))) car jew and get something without the unnecessary gimmicky bullshit

>my bionic dick.
Canada's wasn't safe

>i have never driven a volvo 240
the post.

Exactly the way the CIA wants you thinking, sheep. Wake up.

6OOOOOOy vey

I still drive car.
But in capitalist America, car drives you!

Not mine. It's an old shitty car. Yours maybe though. Don't piss em off, user.

I wish they would.
End my embarrassment of tooling around in a rusty '75 dodge pickup

It's not only electic hybrid cars. They can potentially hack into any modern computer controlled car. Set your cruise control too 222 and override your breaks. Normally the computer would only intervene in emergencies to decrease your speed and apply your breaks, but you see they are trying to kill you with the hack so they do the opposite and just take control with the computer and fuck shit up and don't help you at all.

I know, I had a course in embedded systems (i.e. car computing units etc.) at the university. And I'm glad my old car has none of those. Manual transmission, not even electronic locks. Even the throttle is still connected to the gas pedal by a steel wire.

>cutting brake lines
>not disabling the e-brake

what the fuck? Do you really think people who think up ways of injecting fucking radioactive shit via umbrella tip would fail to consider other braking options? Is this a meme?

Also, those new transmissions are e-shift. A program controls the selected gear.

Congrats, you're dead.

>Congrats, you're dead.
nothings changed

>he doesn't have vehicle tuning software
>he hasn't created his own custom transmission shift tables

fucking normies kek

>he thinks tuning software to update the factory ECU/PCM will remove CIA backdoors

CIA can literally kill you by hacking your car and they did it to Michael Hastings

bump yes they can

I didn't mean physically cut the brake lines because if they did I'd already be dead by then.

>Also, those new transmissions are e-shift. A program controls the selected gear.

I have a manual tranny not a dct with paddles.

You drive a crown vic I fucking hate you. Because of people like you I always end up slowing down thinking it's a cop and then see some neckbeard at the wheel.

Lol same

Yes.

How many vehicular fatalities were actually homicides? will we ever know?

If they don't kill you by hacking YOUR car, they can kill you by hacking someone elses car and crashing it in to you.

Or one of those driverless vehicles.

Funfact: Google is partially owned by the CIA.
Google is pushing the agenda for driverless vehicles.

Now, wasn't that fun

Why would the CIA do me a favor?

maybe you should just follow the law then :^)

>Not my car
Built in 1988
Still gets 35 MPG
72 raging horsepowa!
Not worth stealing

Probably, but not my sick 90s Jap car

>Also, those new transmissions are e-shift
Really? So it's not me physically moving the gear selector, feeling the synchros engage, then feeling the gear engage? It's all an elaborate hoax to simulate driving a manual while the car actually selects the gear for me?

relevant to thread
>have old car I'm fixing up, having fun
>see old subaru xt coupe for sale
>2k shy of asking price
Holy FUCK where's my time machine? Fuck I'll never see another one of those.

Any rich user want to gift me 2k usd?

Just buy a vehicle without electronic throttle and disable the cruise control like I did.
Why fuck around?

Well for me they'd have to kill me the old fashion way. By making me commit suicide by shooting myself in the back of the head from 10 feet away.

Yes they can, they just need to hack the car next to you or in oncoming traffic. BOOM dead. done. gone.

>Not worth stealing
guess again.

fuck you, you're the neck beard who comes up behind people and gets them to switch lanes

This. You have to be in the know.

Long story short, yes, The O.B.D.I program was a very crude program by today's standards. However, The O.B.D.II does not need a blue tooth like everyone here is claiming. Also the newer CANS bus program is very easy to take control of your car. It does not matter if you drive a standard or a an automatic. You will not be able to drop it out of gear, also pretty much all cars have ABS so your brakes will be disabled, and yes you will be sent at full speed. You do not need electronic steering for someone to take control of your of your power steering there is an motor that controls the hydraulics. Also, please understand that your car keeps a GPS location of you if you have the can bus system on board. If you have been raw dogging your car and bring it in for warranty work it will not be an issue to write the word void all over it. Big brother is here anything over about 2006 is watching

>implying anyone here is important enough to have this happen to them

I quit doing that since even the cops will drive 5 over around here.