So is this movie going to be filled SJW leanings and be destroyed by Hollywood?

So is this movie going to be filled SJW leanings and be destroyed by Hollywood?

Not at all. But you'll interpret it that way because Motoko wants to fuck anything that moves and kicks people's asses and that instantly makes it feminist propaganda to you. It's always been like that in GitS for decades. It'll just be a bad adaptation.

What movie? Shit thread.

I thought it was racist because it cast a white woman as an asian character.

Can't keep up with all the horseshit identity politics these days.

that fucking nose

every time

the nose knows

I don't even want to have this discussion with Sup Forums. I'm sure half the retards here haven't seen any of the animated content, we are infested with outsiders

This film is about SJW future world and how it is fucked.

>It's always been like that in GitS for decades
Not really, manga major is very different than movie major which is very different than stand alone complex which is different than arise major. The hollywood version seems so far to be more along the lines of the 1995 movie which is a more stoic major.

It's staring scarjew isn't it?

yes

It doesn't matter what bullshit themes they put in it, their trailers have already demonstrated a critical misunderstanding of the GitS world and the kind of character the Major is supposed to be. And their casting choices are like half shit.

This will be a garbage movie and nobody who isn't a dumb normie should pay money to see it.

SAC Major was pretty stoic. I guess later on they try to play up her emotional side with Batou and Kuze.

Alll they've shown us of the Major in the movie though is an unconfident woman who doesn't understand herself, which is weird as fuck.

They should have cast a hot woman instead of some over rated Jew.

How the fuck could they picked a non-Asian Jew? They always promote diversity and yet they don't use it. How hard is it to find Asians? Today Japan and China got a big film industry and they pick a popular Jewish woman.

That doesn't look like a Jew nose to me.

I'm annoyed by two things:

1) Live-action adaptations of cartoons are always shit. This one won't be any different.

2) Casting a slav to play a Japanese person is ridiculous. Whoever made this decision is a complete idiot.

Now I see why beta anime cucks like it.

I just hope the plot isn't shit. I don't trust Hollywood with anime adaptations.

>Scarlett jewhanson
>white

>casting a slavajew titcow for the role of a dead jap that's been turned into a weaponized typewriter
this is solely so that SJWs can continue to find anime problematic and patriarchical

It's going to be as shitty as a western live action anime adaptation.

It's honestly one thing for actors to not match the character they are based on. Look at most versions of ancient theater: all men playing every character. It is an entirely different issue if the actor's portrayal of the character is not accurate or faithful to the character they are playing. That is what has me worried about this movie. Is it so much to ask that they try to copy the character, rather than a re-imagining? They have tons of media to get it right.

Hollywood can no longer be trusted to not put their shit beliefs shoveled down every movie. Not sure what the tipping point was, but movies don't get attention if they aren't pushing some narrative anymore.

Don't trust the hollywood jew, not even once.

Hollywood with ruin it. Great message of killing oppressive government in the anime. This will be a pacificst feminist flick

>making a film, not following the script because you want to push Jews in front
Long story short: anime will be better

My cynical side is telling me this movie was just an IP they bought because anime has a big fanbase and this is one of the classics, therefore shekels shekels shekels.
If I'm being really cynical, they're probably testing the waters to see if turning anime into live action is going to be as profitable as comic book movies.

You seem to know a lot about GitS...

I'm currently watching the stand alone complex series and I love it, I want to know what order I should watch the rest of the stuff..I've never watched GitS before I started this series

Obviously. The trailer looks like trash as far a writing goes. Pretty effects but, dime a dozen.

Not the same user as you are quoting, but watch the original film and then sac 1 and 2nd gig. You can watch their companion films too if you want. I don't have much hope for the live action.

>GitS
>real life cosplay

Are you kibbling me? Of course it's going to be benis :DDDDD

Her name isn't even Motoko, lel, they whitewashed it too

Has a live action adaption of an anime or manga ever been good?

No, and never will.

Technically, yes, with Oldboy

But it was a very loose manga adaptation, so i really don't know if it counts

Dont be a pleb.
Read it.

At least its not as bad as the upcoming death note movie on Netflix where L is now a black guy

Edge of Tomorrow was bretty good, and it was based on a manga.

Same with what that guy said about Old boy though, it was a very loose adaption

Yeah, that's not a jew nose.

>where L is now a black guy
Don't fucking remind me of that

No, it was based on a novel, which the manga is also based on

Anime characters look more white than actual white people - the idea that an asian actress would somehow be a more realistic representation of the protagonist is absurd.

And I bet you 10 bucks you cucks light by fucking misa

it might not be so bad if he was a skinny and slouchy dude
but ain't it just some normal/typical hollywood "attractive" black male?

Pretty much, they kind of reversed the characters appearences where now L is hunky and Light looks more like a nerd

>plot is a vehicle with which to implement scenes and elements all the movies and shows
No way it wint be a clusterfuck
No way

>it does well
>token Akira movie
>its pg
No words, only tears of laughter

They only have to look at the other attempts to see it isn't, most live action adaptations are shit with no redeeming qualities.

KIKES STAY AWAY FROM MUH CHINESE CARTOONS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

wtf

Absolutely.
What movie is this?

but wasn't Light was able to get away with a lot of his shit from the start just by BEING an attractive dude?

i don't see how this change makes any sense

>it might not be so bad if he was a skinny and slouchy dude
L's appearance is one of the only iconic things about Death Note, it was always going to be terrible with a black guy.

the manga, the movies and the series are all separate universes, so you can watch them as you please.

the first series (stand alone complex) is fucking mindblowing though imho.

haven't gotten around to watching the latest series (arise), is also a new iteration.

i'm excited about the upcoming film, but can I bring myself to go to the cinema? last time I went was to see prometheus, and, well.... yeah.

where's the rest of your akira manga?

claim your Tachikoma waifu now

where do i put my penis?

>Hollywood kikes
>not pushing their cultural propaganda
Ya you're asking too much kiddo

Yeah its weird, since being really hot and charming is part of how he manipulated people so well, so I guess they've changed it or just gonna make people still act like hes hot anyway

You realise that was true of Comic Book movies for decades right? Anyone besides Batman & Superman were seen as great ways to throw away money, and even those two weren't seen as solid sells. Now even minor comic characters can pull more than half a billion dollars.

The 1995 movie is already a masterpiece, no reason to see this.

The heavy weapon slot is modular.

I like complaining.

is the Major Asian? I thought she was a robot lol

Watch the movie, then SAC (1 and 2). Haven't seen Arise or read the manga. I thought the second movie had interesting visuals but was incoherent.

What are you even talking about? You idiots sit here and literally look for things to call Jewish all day.

That's not Hollywood film tho. The whitewashed version was shit

Burger in the Shell
Ghost in the Fridge

she was born a human, but is now like 90% machine. the reasons differ in each iteration. usually she was near-fatally injured as a child.

iirc, in the original manga, her cyborg body is actually a sexbot that has been modified with military tech.

the title 'ghost in the shell' refers to the human personality installed in an artifical body.

It was meh. I found the individual eleven to be a good suppliment if you didn't have time for sac 2

>yfw it turns out major originally was a man in this and jews get to push their trans narrative

There's a video of japs saying it was a good choice because she looks like the character. Japs, although soulless degenerates, don't care about race.

Supply and demand dude...discounting the weebs and otakus, 90% of moviegoers wouldn't even heard of Gits let alone be interested in them. Scarjo is household name so it's always about the shekels

You should see that interview with Japanese public about the casting, and they all universally agree that ScarJo is a good choice, and they don't care about the concept of "whitewashing"

Its going to fail because they are removing the philosophical aspects of what is humanity when people are merged with machines (singularity) and will be about "you were saved and you must find out who you are"

Also it will downplay the aspects of The Puppet Master character (AI achieving free will)

They are here.

the main problem with this movie is gonna be the shitty betrayal plot the trailers seem to show. Seems like the government killed her family and wiped her memory or something? i guarantee all the cool stuff we've seen is in the first half hour and then it concentrates on that for the rest of the film

>Japs ... don't care about race

Ghost in the fride is already a movie

>why, hollywood

There's no possible way this movie can be better than this

Is just a mess of elements borrowed from both animated movies, mixed with elements from the Manga and with a terrible casting choice.
SAD!

good pierre

you may be right, but i am going to wait till I've seen it before I sperg out.

this is (((hollywoods))) attempt to get a bunch of Sup Forums anime fapping basement dwelling 400 pounders out and to the (((theater))) for an "anime" movie
>a lot of you weak faggots will give (((them))) your income
FAGS
A
G
S

Yeah, sounds pretty fucking degenerate tbqhwtfam. Into the fire it goes.

>Ghost in the Fridge

All I know is it has an over-ated lead that wasn't right for the part in the first place.

>pork in a shell
>ghost in taco bell
>body shaped like a bell
>200 pounds feeling swell
>farts loud as 100 decibel
>android lipid cell
>belly stuck in a well
>diet plan? do tell
>weight watchers was hell
>in the fridge i dwell
>after sports i smell
>tumblr says I'm a bombshell
>gluttons are out clientele
>elevator instead of stairwell
>perky tits farewell

Scarlett Johansson was a terrible pick

At least make her look like a cyborg than some normal human t b h

it's "one step ahead - how using image search changed my life"

As far as I know SJW hate this movie because they think is whitewashing or something like that, and I'm not sure if gonna be any good because is Hollywood and they never respect the source material.

Your chances are good. Hollywood has a great track record of making quality animated to live action movies. They rarely disappoint.

She is Jewish.

Yes, and the Attack on Titan live action movie far surpassed both the manga and the anime series.

>SJ in the lead
>Director of Snow white and Thor
>said in interview the original is "too philosophical"
>got rid of the legendary score for a generic hollywood soundtrack
>hire king of bad taste Steve Aoki to rape the original score with a 2007ish brostep remix

Anyone putting the slightest hope in this train wreck must be retarded at this point.

The whole GITS narrative is pretty progressive. In movie jew plays protagonist. Of course it would be standard Hollywood shit, just differently wrapped.

Considering, that they do not use MadMax:FR canon on CG, this would also look like shit. Avatar worked, because people where still hoping for something different. After Prometheus it`s clear, that shit wont work. Some hype left, but no hope.

_
And they don't even develop narratives. There is no"what if" any more. What if people would have hivemind, like Russians do. What if there would be cults of it. How deep can it go. What if someone would turn its cyberbody into a building, into a city, into a ship? Even DeuxEx has none of it. While in narrative it`s clear, that people, who had no way to enhance their physical ability would at least enhance their social interconnections and psychics, turning geopolitical situation into a war between Russian Hackers and NWO. And crushing the whole thing with no survivors.

I dont have high hopes for it honestly

They even borked Section 9

The only good cast was Beat Kitano for Aramaki

It's going to be awful either way. 2D should never be made into 3D.

What are the odds that the jewess didn't even workout to get a proper Major muscular body and her physique will be Zyzzed in post production?