American Idiocy

>Eat shitty food
>live shitty lifestyle
>be 300 lb bag of lard
>Healthy successful people fund your healthcare

Half of America unironically believes this is the way it should be.

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/550527/obesity-paradox-scientists-now-think-that-being-overweight-is-sometimes-good-for-your-health/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't understand why would treatment of obesity should be tax payers money.

Litterally just get off your fatass and move, that's fucking it

>PAY FOR MY BAD DECISIONS

You're forgetting that you can be fat and healthy.
qz.com/550527/obesity-paradox-scientists-now-think-that-being-overweight-is-sometimes-good-for-your-health/

Insurance companies should assess penalties for anyone with Fat % over 25.

>Litterally just get off your fatass and move, that's fucking it
Yup.

Looks like a large part of the population is developing metabolic diseases of some sorts though and this makes losing weight harder (and take a lot longer).

But it's just discipline. Eat less and exercise. Doesn't even have to be intense exercise, but fucking do some.

You might have to be on a permanent diet afterward though to stay healthy. Fat people tend to regain weight easily and have a messed up metabolism. Kind of sucks but you have to do it.

People need to take this seriously. It's not OK to just accept being fat.

> Expecting fat people to take personal responsibility and have agency
It's self defeating, if they did they either wouldn't be fat in the first place or would stop being so. It also doesn't help that stuff like the popularization of the THICC meme is making them think it's acceptable and making them call themselves that, etc. use a bunch of other euphemisms and mental games to avoid admitting they're fat and pathetic.

#healthyatanysize

>Requires discipline

These are average Americans we're talking about, lack of discipline is what got them the way they are.

>guy is fat
Go to the gym you fat sack of shit.
>girl is fat
THICC
H
I
C
C

Yeah this doesn't help kek. THICC used to mean an hourglass figure, possibly a bit chubby. And something about HIGH TEST men being attracted to that because ideal for childrearing and something about cavemen.

Nothing wrong with women being a bit more fat than men generally, it's biological. Men pack muscle mass more easily and burn more calories and women usually have a hard time getting rid of all of their fat. Women being a bit chubby is no big deal.

But THICC became a fucking joke now and it's applied to super fat women.

Well, this is stupid.

Doesn't account for the fact that people in families with history of genetic heart conditions tend to learn from family history and live relatively healthier lifestyles.

As an example, my uncle passed away from a severe heart attack at 49 in 1989. Never drank, smoked or ate unhealthy food. He ran full marathons twice per year and lived a very active lifestyle. He lived that way because the male
Lineage of our family has history of heart disease. Because of that, I live healthy lifestyle as do my father, his brothers and my brothers. My dad has a BMI under 20 at 62 years old and he's on cholesterol medication. I venture to guess many such cases exist.

Similarly, families with no genetic predispositions tend to not have Firsthand experience and are not as compelled to live healthy lifestyles. That doesn't mean living a healthier lifestyle wouldn't drastically improve their lifespans... it just means they don't have to deal with genetic factors that multiply chances of exposure to disease.

Yeah. But that's the thing people have to accept. Not get into a special diets for a few months and make it hell on themselves and then regain all the weight and do this over and over again.

No. You're on a permanent diet now. You eat healthy things forever, never more than to sustain yourself. You exercise when you overeat. FOREVER. This is what healthy people do ALL THE TIME. And it's fucking common sense. It's a dysfunction to do otherwise. People have a weird attitude to food. It tastes good but in the end you gotta eat to sustain yourself, nothing more nothing less.

pic : typical american housewife

Would smash

>Litterally just get off your fatass and move, that's fucking it
The problem with this is that it assumes americans have:
1)free time to go and exercise
2)money to buy healthier foods and make better decisions
3)a way to break out of sugar dependencies.

There's a lot of bullshit on Sup Forums about personal responsibility, but the truth is that compared to most other countries american foods are stuffed full of addictive compounds and over-saturated with sugars and salts. Add on to that that the majority of Americans working below middle class work really shitty jobs that nevertheless don't require much movement(Working at fast food for example requires a lot of standing but most of it is assembly-line tier work), and those above work office hours, and it's easier to see why obesity is such a problem.

In Europe a lot of this is subverted by higher food regulation, far denser public transportation(the majority of US infrastructure is personal vehicle based), which encourages at least some walking/biking, and higher wages in comparison to cost of living, but they've seen their obesity rates rise as well.

That article is bullshit, I pulled it up for goofs.

A lot of people don't understand how many things they have to factor in when understanding their personal dietary requirements, often times they'll give up because it's too much work, it's time consuming, or it's too expensive.

>yfw when 90% of your disposable income went to feed this hippo
>yfw when busting your ass working 2 full time jobs just to come home to do all the housework too because your "wife" is too fat to do any of them

JUST

I could probably eat everything in that pic in one sitting.

waste of flesh. she should kill herself to save her children from mental illness later on in life....

there's no problem with it, i stopped drinking soda/milk/beer every day and dropped 40 lbs in 4 months, after the shedding slowed i started going on a walk between 45 and 90 minutes a day and have dropped another 15 since the end of January and still going. people can walk on their lunch breaks or watching 3 tv shows a night instead of 4

I honestly can't feel sorry for these 'hard working people' who still support democracy, this is what will inevitably happen.

It's like those children of super strict parents to the point of child abuse who ended up growing super competent but super dead inside and are like, "I will never be like my parents, my kids can do WHATEVER they want", then wonder why their kids are utter monsters and not model citizens like them.

A country has to give its citizens both opportunity and responsibility to give them the best life possible.

If it gives them neither responsibility nor opportunity they turn apathetic/defeated
If it gives them responsibility but not opportunity they rebel against the system in anger.
If it gives them opportunity but not responsibility, well that can't really work because eventually people will just abuse the system till the point it breaks down.

Imho if a system is ripe for abuse it deserves to be abused.

It's viseral fat vice subcutaneous fat. Many athletes, especially heavyweight athletes in contact sports, have a protective layer of subcutaneous fat. However, your average fat American is an unathletic fatbody.

This is just genuinly sad

That would be a good rule. We are working up a revision to the ACA.

I can't wait to get one of these ham planet SJWs going off about global warming or some other environmental issue. I really want to see the reaction when I point out that excessive consumption of processed foods means excessive remote CO2 emissions, soil depletion and fertilizer runoff into our watersheds, and that being a ham planet wrecks the planet.

I really want to see the cognitive dissonance when you pit one SJW ideal (environmentalism) against another (body "positivity.")

Healthy food is usually the cheapest food. Traditional diets are usually the food of poverty - steel cut oats, rice, chicken, kale, collard greens.

Prepared, packaged junk food is much more expensive. For what people spend at the McDonald's drive thru they could buy all the fixings for steak and salad.

Ignorance is expensive - not food.

A Friday, or Saturday night in an emergency room, in the US, will reveal an overwhelming customer base, of Drunks, OD,s, assault victims, gun shot victims, hypochondriacs, and welfare moms, with their meal ticket in tow, assuring that their runny noses are not going to be an economic set back. This is American health care.

that looks delicious. especially the donut. needs a smoothie though. and some onion rings with coleslaw.

The look of sheer bewilderment

>Slow metabolism
>Fat
Pick one. The human body is working overtime to try and bring itself down to a proper weight. Combine that with a never ending supply of calories makes an obese persons metabolism higher than a normal human. If you're really skinny your body isn't going to burn calories quickly as you have no other calories to pull energy from (muscle and fat).

Not trying to defend fat fucks in any way, shape or form.
I believe what they're inarticulately trying to oink about when they say that healthy food is more expensive is that healthy, prepared, good tasting food is more expensive. Most Americans (and quite possibly other anons) have few to no cooking skills.
Not Time Consuming/Easy
Healthy.
Tasty.
Pick two.

On top of that, Americans take a lot of prescription drugs that cause weight gain (opioids, SSRIs, Steroids of different calibers, etc.). Furthermore, The way Americans work also causes obesity problems (nothing being within walking distance on purpose to encourage buying cars and their subsidiary loan industry)

SSRIs and opiods at least (can't comment on steroids) do not in any way cause weight gain, the weight gain associated with taking those can be entirely attributed to overeating and decreased kinetic activity.

Who cares, just let people eat what they want you eat what you want.

Gem quality post

As an American who's been on unemployment, I can definitely back your statements. There's a Trinity, not just a left and a right, that is required to not go crazy with all this new tech and new info and new forms of entertainment.

>eat shitty food
>live shitty lifestyle
>refuse to buy healthcare because HURR I'M NOT SICK
>get sick
>"awww shit I'm going to buy some health insurance to cover this"

The majority of the world, thinks this is how insurance is supposed to work.

>be American
>eat yourself to death
Better than starving to death in afrika or getting your head chopped off by peaceful muzzies

The problem with freedom is that you are free to fuck up.

Beats having your ass wiped by the yurpean super government and your behavior regulated by the nanny state, though.

No insurance here too expensive and also feel like it's way too much money even with a discount that I'm glad my doctor even takes me despite not having insurance gives me to just see them for a visit. Which makes me basically want to avoid going as much as I possibly can. I really hate it. I'm not even a fatass though my health habbits aren't always the best.