Since tobacco advertising is banned in many instances and heavily regulated in all others...

Since tobacco advertising is banned in many instances and heavily regulated in all others, why does the same not apply to sugary and processed foods, which are probably almost just as bad for people?

Other urls found in this thread:

health.harvard.edu/heart-health/abundance-of-fructose-not-good-for-the-liver-heart
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>probably almost just as bad

That's why.

what a lie, those dont even have real sugar

>what is a sugar lobby

>Probably

Let's be real here sugar, especially high fructose corn syrup, is straight up unhealthy. Also does not help that it is shoved into everything nowadays.

Yes it does.

because we don't need tobacco or nicotine to live you fucking dumbass.

ignore this slide thread there's more important shit going on.

You need crap like soda to live

Sugar's not bad for you. A glass of orange juice has the same sugar content. Check the carton.

You don't need*

>live, liberdy, and da pursood of burger :-D

Also.
>which are probably almost just as bad for people?
Not really. Worst thing about cola (aside from the fact that people drink it until they turn into fat asses) is the acidity of it. Gives you all sorts of digestive problems, if you indulge too often.
This compared to directly fucking with two of the most vital organs in your body.

I would love to see a congressional hearing on the sugar industry. Something like the tobacco jews lying again could happen.

>"Sir are you trying to say under oath, sugar in massive quantities is not bad for you, even a little."

>"Uh, well, uh our research has found, no."

I'm waiting for sugar jews to face what 90's tobacco had to face.

>red cap
wrong

don't ban anything

if retards want to treat their bodies poorly, let them

if they get butthurt about tobacco/pop/alcohol/drugs/etc. being bad for them after the fact, too bad

Also, it's worth mentioning that the only reason it's legally banned in most businesses is because they had non-smoking workers getting cancer from their work conditions. Even before that, most people don't want you smoking in their house, business, or car, because it leaves behind a smell and stains white shit.

>processed foods
This is an idiotic blanket term. There are processed foods with great nutritional value.

>why does the same not apply to sugary and processed foods, which are probably almost just as bad for people?
Because you haven't called your congressman about it?

There shouldnt be any banned advertising. Government should fuck off.

second post best post.

>I need junk food to live

> People didn't live before added sugar and High Fructose Corn Syrup
And it's just as shitty for you, it causes huge spikes in insulin, regular orange juice from an orange isn't nearly as sweet or full of sugar as that shit.
The tobacco lobby exists and is powerful too.

That's all well and good except we have taxpayers now paying for retards healthcare. If it was pre Obamacare yeah, but now it's a different ball game.

And here come the fitfags to tell us why we're all worthless and going to die if we don't stick to their strict regimen put forward by their cult fitfag club.

I'm confident that sugary drinks are the main reason for obesity in the world.

>sugar
>bad

This.
Refined sugar is your real enemy, fatass.
Why don't you enjoy some real honey while we still can? MODERATELY.

>found the fatso

Just don't drink soda. It's pure shit. Literally the worst thing you can put in your body that's advertised as edible. Cut out high sugar drinks and you'll be /fit/ in a year.

>red cap

What did he mean by this?

there are enough Americans who don't smoke to support legislation. Good luck finding enough Americans who don't drink soda.

It's a component, there are several other factors such as glorifying mediocrity, celebrating fatness as something beautiful and empowering, along with people's natural tendency to find the easiest route in all things.

The sugary drinks just help get those empty calories in faster, but there is plenty of shit that does the same.

Well since alot of fat asses want free gibs on healthcare yes I am going to do just that as a former fatass myself.

> finding enough Americans who don't drink soda.
I found the reason your country is fat

I lose weight as soon as I stop drinking them even though I'm eating the same shit

the companies that make super sugary own the FDA and anyone else who can stop them

>plenty of shit that does the same.
Absolutely not. Soda is far more fattening than any other food or drink.

I feel like you haven't really entered adulthood if you still drink soda on a regular basis.

Stop killing the fun
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They use high fructose corn syrup instead of real sugar only because it's cheaper.

My guess is it's easier to demonstrate with sugar cubes instead of say containers of that shit.

All advertisement should be allowed, but regulations still need to be enforced so the consumer is not lied to.

Of course, I cut out soda years ago. Just don't forget what country we live in, and who we share it with.

>CIA SUCKS GENERAL

They can advertise alcohol though which is closer to "almost just as bad for people". Smoking is just on another level of bad for people.

Because unless you are putting 2000% of your daily caloric needs, sugar is not a toxin or bad for you. I dont want the goverment to artificially raise the price of a can of soda because some fat-ass cant control himself, so I have to pay for it too? how is that fair. Thats the kind of thinking that will take away your freedom.

Chips can get the job done, along with most fast food even without the soda. The main reason is for a very small portion you get a fuck ton of calories and they are hardly filling.

Corporations own everything.
The general public does not know how much "sugar" they need a day
Food and sugar corporations have taken advantage of this, and get people addicted on their processed food, while paying off the government so they won't state how much sugar a healthy average person would need daily.

Public health care can only do so much for so long. Ultimately, a lot of these people are going to be dying 30+ years before they normally would. A lot of the costs can be recouped in that time frame, as people begin to naturally make healthier decisions for themselves.

At least that's how it would work in theory...

I agree with you on not wanting that restriction, but like I said earlier since now everyone is being affected due to government healthcare it is now an issue. You want me to help pay for your health then I demand you be as healthy as you can be.

Because sugar is necessary to sustain life.

Don't listen to this dumb ass portuguese idiot.
Sugar IS POISON. Just watch ANY respectable documentary about it. Almost as bad as having a glass of whiskey a day.
Research on how sugar messes with your liver.
If you're going to kill yourself, just drink whisky like a goddamn man.

It's because you don't need sugar. Literally at all.

Sugar is literally just calories. You can get calories from protein, fat and carbs, so you don't need sugar.

Because they're not addictive while mainstream tobacco products (not really tobacco itself) is. I still think the same should be true of sugary drinks and fat food in general though.

>tfw very underweight
>live almost entirely on soda
if you ban sugary drinks you will kill me
please ban sugary drinks

>soda
>not addictive

wew

>sugar is not a toxin
That is where you are wrong. The liver process sugar in a very similar way as it does alcohol.

checked
get your sugar from fruits
not processed foods

> Naturally occuring sugar in fruits, vegetables, honey, and other such sources is completely equal in quality and amount to the ludicrous amounts of it being added to foods now
Just look up how linked prolonged high consumption of sugar is related to fatty liver disease, high triglycerides, and a myriad of other health issues.

Understandable but that money could be going to people who actually need it, not people who made shit life choices and want others to take care of them for it. Also people are selfish as far as I've seen, they'd rather live in decadence and denial because it's easier than improving yourself.

So then that means the daily value of sugar should be negative. Even better.

www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-sugar-addiction

health.harvard.edu/heart-health/abundance-of-fructose-not-good-for-the-liver-heart

I give up. Just be fat.

> Added Sugar
> Not addictive
Have you been paying any attention at all?

Sugar in general isn't all that good in a sedentary lifestyle.

>Why don't you enjoy some real honey
I like a small amount of honey in my coffee. Gives it a more round and mellow kind of sweetness than sugar.

(((good goyim, body shaming is bad! Fat people are human too!)))

You should not be allowed to buy soda if you live on any form of monetary government assistance. Even with you own fucking money. "B-but I have a glandular problem, it's genetic" Bullshit stop fucking eating and drinking this garbage.

I'd recommend better public education. People don't realize how much sugar they are drinking.

Banning phosphoric acid might be a good thing though...

No amount of smoking is healthy

There exists a healthy amount of soda drinking

This. I lost 20kg easily just by cutting out the sugary jew and SLIGHTLY decreasing my portion sizes.

I used to weight 100kg, now I'm 80 and would be /fit/ if I weren't too sedentary.

Ingested sugar? Absolutely not. Your body breaks down other nutrients to sugar, and in a sedentary life style you'll want as little as possible of your daily caloric intake to come from simple carbs.

No.

Me too my smart friend swede.

Also, when you start cutting sugar you realize each day you need less and less to feel the same sweetness. But what do we know, right? I gave up on most bad shit that kills you just to eat better and healthier. I get sick one time in a year from then on.

>there exists a healthy amount of soda drinking
i like drinking soda and even i know this is bullshit

Yeah we also need less acidic shit
It's not good for your organs

it's a serious problem

>Sugar shills ITT

OP is right though.

You live in Italy. There are no excuses. Beautiful weather and beaches.

actually i take it back, 0 drinks is still an amount

Soda is never healthy either. You literally do not need sugar at all to live. It's basically a carbon chain that dissolves into nothing but calories when digested.

>Sup Forums on fat people
>CALORY IN CALORY OUT GENETICS DOESNT REAL ALL FOOD IS GOOD FOOD JUST PUT DOWN THE FORK
>Sup Forums on soda
>ALL SODA IS EVIL CALORY IN != CALORY OUT LITERALLY ADDICTING

>which are probably almost just as bad for people

because that's wrong nigger

I think "a healthy amount of soda drinking" meant to be phrased as "an amount of soda drinking that isn't particularly detrimental with an appropriately balanced diet."

> No amount of smoking is healthy
> There exists a healthy amount of soda drinking
> Moderation Fallacy
There is literally no healthy level of drinking soda, like smoking, drinking soda by itself won't kill you, but if given the option to do it or not do it you'd universally be healthier or better off not drinking soda as opposed to drinking it.

Phosphoric acid (coke and pepsi) is linked to osteoporosis (tiny holes in the bones)

>Sup Forums is one person

sugar is definitely a jew

its hardwired addiction

Because how else are they supposed to get a whole country addicted to sugar while getting them to pony up billions .
We got memed by the sugar shills loong ago, too late to go back now.

CICO is correct of course, but sugar makes it seem like you are not full. You can't survive off soda, but if you had enough calories of soda, and supplemented it with some kind of nutrition you'd be fine. You'd be a hungry mofo though.

Oy vey! Drink your coca-cola and be good goy that doesn't lack glucose in his blood!

Drink up!

>all that empty space at the top
why dont they fill it all the way?

Quads of truth. People drinking them refuse to know how unhealthy it is, and so continue their habit and die of obesity

wrong moron, sugar from fruit is just as full of sugar, the difference is that it's full of antixodiants and phytonutrients that result in a net balance from the increase blood sugar, the soluable fiber also makes it more likely to help pad the sugar spike in your blood. despite having the same sugar content eating fruit can actually lower your insulin resistance

Because they want to poison you and your children until you are so weak you are driven underground like the Falmer.

its all Kelloggs fault, he wanted to give us more sugar to make us stop masturbating

>because not everyone is a brainlet who doesn't have enough daily brain activity to digest 200g of sugar

>tea with no cup
>2 kinds of honey
why?

Sure, but pretending that this somehow relates to any other argument put forward on any side thus far would constitute goalpost moving at best.

This.

Eating fruit to drinking soda is like smoking opium to injecting heroin in your arm

kellogg actually was ass ravaged his brother added sugar to his cereal and his brother only did it because post made knock offs of their brand and added it and they where losing money.

kelloggs was also a hack that thought white absorbed the most sun, and that we needed machines to help us poop as frequently as other animals.

not just hungry, but large soda consumption introduces health problems that extend beyond just lots of calories. living on mostly soda means you're pretty much destined to have eternal mouth sores
t. experience

They should be.

>dont even have real sugar
*In America..
AFAIK they do have sugar here, because we don't ban imports.

because people generally don't like their soda being guaranteed to explode when opened