STUDENT LOANS BTFO!

Where I live thats all kids ever do, get grant money for collage and spend it on shit.

Fuck a past friend told me his got 5000 dollars in free money for collage. What does he do with it? Spends it all on magic the gathering cards.

this isnt new

they are also using student loans to buy beer and pizza

and then paying on these loans for 30 fucking years

[hand rubbing intensifies]

I'm gambling mine on the stock market, what's your point?

Why do they get in debt form hundreds of dollars again?

Slaughter them all

I never had student loans so this is new to me. Why isn't the loan directly given to the schools?

Ha, jokes on you, all my loans were federal!

My posts are works of fiction btw

Who here uses fafsa money to invest in the stock market?.. Can't be just me

>loans
>not getting literally free thousands every quarter in grants from FAFSA
top kek

i got paid to get my shit psych degree
feels kinda okay

I spent my first grant on a used car that I got for 2k because I was tired of taking the bus for an hour every day to get to school

The rest I put in my loans

I graduated last year and only have about 2k more to pay off from a 35k loan. It's ridiculous how much money the government gives you for school each semester

Oh goyim thats simply not how it works

That would prevent more debt slaves from entering the work force

Um, everyone knows this happens - everyone. It's an open secret. Take it from a kid who is $150,000 in student debt.

>tfw spend $600 collegebux on Japanese Rosetta Stone because weeb
>used it for a week and forgot about it
Everytime I see that box on my shelf I cringe so hard

Textbooks and such.

My man I pulled a jesus and turned my student loans into vodka.

see except I'm not really "investing," I'm basically just gambling with penny stocks

>mfw no student loans

kek get fucked loanfags

How? I'm starving in community college, where the fuck is the free money?

It covers housing, transportation. It's essentially to cover pay you'd be missing if you weren't in school working full time. At least in Canada.

tfw too dumb to stock market

Fill out yo fafsa nigga
Get yo ebt nigga

Just apply for it desu. When you're doing your FAFSA

Wow, so they are basically training kids that taking out loan for any expenses is ok....

Goys, we needs you to pay off those debts with your tax money.

The student loans go directly to the school, but if the loan is worth more than what the tuition cost is then you get the rest back. Most people take out loans for tuition, rent, and living expenses.

All in on AMD desu. Avg is 10.98

Download Robinhood app (no trading fees). Buy some well known company stock. Watch it for a few months and slowly start investing when you feel comfortable.

They still have to pay it back though.

>collage

Fucking leafs the day of the rake can't come soon enough

Invest in rare MAGA hats, desu. I just picked up 15 last week. They're already selling on ebay for $120 each.

maybe he's making a magic the gathering collage

>It's essentially to cover pay you'd be missing if you weren't in school working full time
Bullshit I reported no income and I only got 3.5k in loans for the entire year. Ontario Student Loans are bullshit.

>can't into stocks
Pack those bags

>advocating stock investing by posting a picture of a real estate investor

Nobody gets rich investing in stocks. You can't leverage your investment and the tax benefits are shit.

Real estate is the only solid investment vehicle that would allow any Joe Blow to become a millionaire.

>inb4 Warren Buffet

He got rich buying insurance companies and investing their reserves, not his money.

>inb4 hedge fund managers

They get a cut of every investment, they aren't making their fortunes from investing their own money.

student loans, kek

i finished bachelor and masters without entering dept, i even earned above necessary and i was spending it on social things and traveling.

free university, and university being in a city downtown, not a fucking campus where i have to live in a fucking collage village, and pay bunch for it.

I'll be honest, it fucking saved my life. I used them and went from trailer trash minimum wage faggot to a STEM educated mofo making $24/hr with a company paid personal use Ford F150. I also used them to live on residence and escape a bullshit home living condition. Without the loans, I couldn't have saved for tuition because of living expenses. I went from being unable to feed myself and live, to saving $1000 a month, living in my own apartment.

The system could actually be amazing for a country. But ours has two inherent weaknesses. One being the people getting the loan. I mean, hell, I blew a few hundred on parties over the course of my program. But it's not just for the OP reason. Young people are also lazy or ill prepared and fail/drop out. The second being the earning potential of the education. I know so many faggots who got a degree in some useless passion shit, and they ended up exactly where I was before I got schooling. Min wage, now with 40k of debt.

If I was to propose a change, I'd treat current government student loans like predatory lending. They're just handing them out if you're in school, regardless of what you're taking. They don't take into account salary expectations afterwards, or living situations. My change would be: Assess the ability of the person to pay the loan on graduations vs the cost of the loan.

It'd fucking:
-Prevent people from getting in life crippling debt
-Empty Gender studies and liberal arts degrees
-Drop tuition for passion degrees drastically because the Colleges won't find people who can afford them otherwise.

This change would literally fix western civilization as it is.

He'll turn a profit if he has brain cells.

>Free university
This is what western Europeans believe in.

Patents made too much last year but my dad lost his job.
Also I've taken too many units to qualify.
Guess I'm fucked.

I pay for my classes and books and end up having around 500-600 extra each semester (grant money, so I don't have to pay back)

I spend this on beer, pot, and vidya. My rent and food is already paid for cuz of my part-time (plus a little help from scholarships)

Feels good desu

How much did you ask for?

Not sure how ON works, in AB you need to estimate your expenses as well if I recall correctly. It makes no sense to make a loan based on income only, it should be based on the cost of what the loan is meant to pay for.

Nah, the easiest way is for the college to guarantee the loan.

If the student defaults, the school pays up.

I don't understand, my student loans never came in the form of fucking cash I could spend on whatever

This. I bought Full Art Foil Textless Lightning Bolts at $20 a pop.

6 months later they were $50 a pop.

what you mean? his friend's an artist who specializes in pasting newspaper clippings and random photos onto big canvases

So that's why they are homeless....

Yeah I know this trick.
Just because one does it, doesn't mean everyone does. But that's actually all it takes to feel less bad about them.

Liberal media did the same here with unemployed people.

A buddy of mine used to spend his loan money on textbooks then return them for cash.

>Tfw when government sponsored free education but you have to work during weekends for food.

I owe $45,000. This includes undergrad and master's. I'm a CPA though and make pretty decent money. Plus the company pays some of it off.

Lmao, I'm thinking of buying more AMD. I only have one share right now.

I have a grant that pays all my tuition but I get a loan to have spending money. Gas, food, internet, phone. All in all I'm going to owe $10,000 which isn't horrible. Spending your loan money on leisure isn't a crime and I'm not seeing a problem.

Not the worst investment desu. Those cards hold value regardless of if you think they are dumb. He could Probs get most of his cash back if he went to a Lgs and sold them.

Yeah that'd be pretty sweet.

Why not have two identities. One with student loans one not.

Go to college. Get a degree, change name. Skip on the debt.

the loan does but they often get a "refund"
they don't save this money when they should, but they don't

To be fair, I just pay rent with it and now I have nothing.

It is a money sink anyway.

Mah niggah

I got like 10k yearly, in grants. As in you don't have to pay it back. I used it for living expenses and bills, but yeah. It was fucking insane to me.

>all in on amd
I hope you have a backup plan

I make more money than you. Debt isn't always bad if you have the means to pay it off.

The problem is that students see the money as "free" and rack up 40-80k in debt for a bachelor's degree in psychology, then cry when they can't pay the loan down.

>i owe 1k in student loans
>paying it off like a responsible adult
>other people just blow it off and spend their only opportunities on dumb shit

why do people do this

paper trails fuck you unless you skipped the country and went to a shithole that doesn't care about you having no or all fake papers

I got $2.1k back from grant/loan money this semester.and spent about $600
The bulk of it was on a new PC ($300).
Books were around $100
Bus tickets = $50
Weed and beer = $80
Clothes = $70 (couple jeans, new shoes, and a new jacket)

Still have 1.5k left, work part-time, and will be getting more next semester. Am I managing my money well?

I like how its 4 white chicks in the pic

I wounder what the demographics on this problem look like...

AMD is so goddamn volatile. It's fun to watch it during the day. I'm not much of a finance guy so I usually just buy ETFs.

>Spends it all on magic the gathering cards.
What an autist

All of the school loans I have taken out have gone directly to cover tuition. Only the money I earn from working part time do I play around with.

YOLO
literally the only reason.
I wish I could save money, I already save like a fiend.

No shit

What kind of nigger are you guys?

I wasn't even able to finish my schooling because

>life

but I'm still paying off what I owe because it was my fuck up and would burden other people. Why do people need to be so selfish that they don't give a single fuck about anyone but themselves.

Muh nigga... made 200% return from OCRX today. Where my biz fags at? Bought 4000 @ .40. Sold at 1.76.

Muh dik

You spent your spring break ordering domino's and browsing Sup Forums until 3am every day since you never made any friends in college. They spent an entire week giving handjobs to Chads in Cancun hot tubs and then getting drunk and fucking b-tier rappers and DJs with no protection.

Sure you can call them degenerate whores, but deep down you know you'd trade anything to feel the touch of a woman,

Just leave them whatever they do with the money.
Are you gonna keep watch on them?

I don't hate Jew,
but to borrow Sup Forums words, what do you guys acting like "Jew"?

>mfw I have $7000 spare to spend on useless shit per year (not that I would)
>mfw don't even have a job and this is after paying all bills/food

Being a student is truly living on a budget, let me tell you

Short-term investing is for the financially illiterate, especially if penny stocks are involved.

This made me lol earlier

To add I used most of the profit to buy BTC, ETH and IO Coin on the dip.

I am prepared to be a moolinaire

That's their fucking fault for not understanding what a loan is. I admit I've bought vidya with my loan money same as I've spent it on gas. Still know I have to pay it back, with interest. Thankfully machining has really good placement where I'm at.

You know, if your friend was smart with 5000 dollars you could turn it into a lot more very easily. Like, I turned like 300 into 2 grand messing around online. Lol.

very hispanic

I've been hodling OCRX for a while nigger. Same with RGSE and INSY

That's what they do now.

I traded a 20 sack for some head and pussy.
Fuck off your shit yee shite cunt.

Longer than one year? If so then enjoy the long-term capital gains.

In the UK it isn't a normal load. You only have to start paying it back when you're earning, and even then you pay back £800 a year if you earn the average wage.

People (including me) just take out as much as they can, since obviously money isn't as valuable when you're older and you earn way more.

I agree. We've got a trillion dollars in outstanding student loans though. Something has to change.

OCRX was for 5 months. Bought in on RGSE and INSY in January.

Fuck AMD tho, i shouldve sold before Ryzen came out. Fuck.

No shit. I used student loan money to buy booze and food and other stupid shit. How is this news?

Help me Bernie Sanders! The greedy capitalist fascists want me to repay my loan debts!

Remember guys. When you marry some near-wall bitch and her loans become your problem, just know that you're working hard and part of your paycheck goes to paying off the hot spring break trip she went on and rode the cock carousel

>he didn't charge interest

Where the fuck is this shit? All the loans at my school were never seen by the students. You had to work a bit for school loans but federal loans went straight to the university. Giving people cash? What pay day loan shark did you get your loan from?

better stay away from positions of power, the banks would suicide you before you stepped foot in the office

I know a guy who's been in college for 7 years straight using student loans. But he also bought a $1,000 suit for interviews "but it was a good deal because its originally $2,000". His reasoning behind that was that you have to look good for interviews. He got a good paying job, but its at a dealership and he's still required to do car salesman crap. He should be well off but its still funny to think how he's always shilling cars on social media and wearing a $1,000 to sell customers cars all with a finance Master's