How is basic income not the best idea ever? Allow me to explain

How is basic income not the best idea ever? Allow me to explain.

>first day of the month
>everyone receives a massive cheque that allows them to live for the month
>Tyrone doesn't trust banks, he cash his cheque and carries everything on him
>Jamal knows this, shoots Tyrone to rob him and hopefully double his monthly income
>Laquisha hears about this and tells her man to go rob Jamal so that together they have 4x more money
>some kind of tournament ensues where niggers kill each other off to get the larger share of the money
>the last nigger is a rich motherfucker but gets gunned down by cops who seize the money and redistribute it after spending most of it on margarita machines
>No more black people, more money to give away to everyone else

Repeat with other minorities until there is no one left but white people.

Then we can stop the basic income program as it has served its purpose.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0XxYwWg7F8I&list=RD0XxYwWg7F8I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How is basic income not the best idea ever?
IT'S COMMUNISM

>getting paid to exist

lmao this went off the rails

10/10

We do not have the level of automation required to necessitate basic income.

>Milton Friedman is a communist

This, only it's capitalist niggers

Make service in the military mandatory.

>SERVICE GARANTEES CITIZENSHIP

You're a GENIUS OP!

Its 2017 negros, stop with that political hipster bullsith of basic income.

This is the new "ambiental issues"

I'm not paying for lazy niggers.

(You)
>>>/oven/

It's a right wing idea you retard
It is basically an alternative to social programs we have

b-b-b-but muh bootstraps

If we ever get to a point where automation or whatever other force has removed a significant portion of the population from the workforce, there is literally no reason a government needs to keep you alive. You'll be a pest at that point, and in their eyes, better off for the state dead.

Also even in lesser circumstances it'd be a massive cringefest. The lefty governments will decide who gets the gibs, and it sure as hell won't be "universal." No gibs for successful whitey.

>jobs dont need workers to produce goods and services to sell to customers

>customers dont have jobs to get their income to pay for said goods and services

>no more customers

yep, a pest

Sure, abolish all food stamps, children's healthcare, rent assistance, Medicare, wic, everything. Also basic income means food/rent/heat, not an iPhone, car, haircuts, TV, cable, ect. I guarantee current entitlement give MORE than a basic income would.

You already are.

If you're poor enough to need the government to keep you alive, you're not going to be buying shit.

Don't get me wrong, itd be cool, but I don't have a shred of belief that I'm going to be getting UBI when I'm White and make twice the average household income. If it was proportional that'd be different, but who knows. Even then it's divisive as fuck

that's the point

people would probably whine that they can't afford iPhone and cars or better yet spend all their neetbux on it and forget rent and shit and whine for more gibs

This. Maybe in a few decades.

Would be a great experiment in isolated areas to see just how truly financially irresponsible the lower class really are.

If we call something different they might buy it. Fuck off commie

> Being forced to vote for the political party that >gives you money.Even if they have the >shittiest political program because you don't >have a job.

> Jobs give you more political power to choose. >If you get money from the state every month, >you are forced to vote for the one who gives >you money.

inflation? You weirdo leftist think that not half the cost of your home is so that niggers can't live there.

Fusking madness.

Thats exactly the idea.

I did the math. If my wife and I pooled our resources we could afford food, health insurance, and rent off the suggested amount.

We could then dedicate all of our free time to forming our own business and Intellectual Property whereas right now we have to split our time with work. This would literally double the amount of work we could do in building a business and IP.

Also what OP said.

more like 3 years. Self-driving cars are coming and they're gonna be available to delivery and trucking companies waaaay before the average customer

>inb4 old jobs will be replaced by new jobs like taking care of the robots

sure, the tens of millions of middle age truckers are gonna pick up Teach Yourself Java in 12 Days and immediately get hired by IT companies developing the intricate software behind self driving cars

This. It would also let you easily uproot your life to a lower cost of living area where jobs are scarce but less needed now, more freedom, etc cost of living ends up adjusting across the country

The actual cost of a basic income program wouldn't actually be all that high. We're only talking about enough money for basic sustenance, and without any bloated government institutions to determine who is legible.

Main worry is that people would become less productive without the life or death compulsion to work, but there just isn't any substantial evidence for this in the test runs of basic income programs done so far. Labor isn't lost, it's diverted, from the 8 hours a day of mindless busywork and Facebook browsing that white collar workers force themselves through to call themselves full time employees, to actual value-creating activities, engaging in productive hobbies and supporting the local community.

Please educate yourselves on this, guys. Don't just assume that the current arbitrary set of rules we structure the workforce by is ideal or immutable, and that anyone who questions them is a dirty commie.

Even if self driving trucks were available tomorrow, it would be at least a decade before companies replace their entire fleets with them.

how do you ensure that only minorities get robbed?

your system is flawed

they'd let their workers retire one by one and not replace them as much, which is known as literally every company in the world. Old Jenkins who was paid $75k retired and wasn't replaced and everyone else is now responsible to carry on his tasks for the same salary as before.

If you start a trade in trucking that takes 3 years, your odds of finding a good company that's gonna hire you by then are very low.

The answer is obvious: Low police accountability and especially no body cams

Ok leaf answer me this, where does the money come from? And if you say taxes then you're the first out of the helicopter.

Robot labor. But we're not quite there yet.

Initially taxes. Eventually...still taxes. How is this a problem? It is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than our current programs, and thus much more affordable from a taxation perspective.

Certainly some people would become slavenly blobs. But most people would want luxary items like televisions, computers, etc. As long as those desires remain people will need to find work to supply themselves with income to support those desires.

You just print it faggot.

UBI is a human right. I will vote left in a heart beat if they propose it and it's not funded by taxes.

>what is hyperinflation?

I think it can work if income tax is abolished, getting a shit ton of your money taken for working your ass off is not a very good motivator for getting people to work. People will have more money to spend and government could survive off of sales tax.

Motivate people to work and solve poverty in one go.

>what is inflation

Lemme break it down for u

>Robots produce everything at little to no cost
>Robots deliver everything at little to no cost
>Robots take your order at little to no cost
>Robots let you self checkout at little to no cost

Drives costs down massively, a big mac now costs $0.50 cause you dont have 15 year olds to pay at $15/hour because gib me anymore

Costs of living goes down dramatically, but no one has a job except the ones who are lucky to have a job that's not automated (yet)

So no jobs = no customers = businesses cant sell burgers, so they lobby congress to Basic Income straight into Fat Albert's pocket to then spend on their burgers

>How do you pay for it

You don't need a job to live, if you do want a job any income you make could be taxed at a high flat rate cause you technically dont need that money to survive, it's just a lil extra you have lying around to invest in other ventures for fun or for more money purposes

Also, consumption tax. If 15% of all purchases (which is a normal sales tax rate outside of Burgerstan) goes back to the system which redistributes it, businesses are left unaffected and that's a lot of income for the state to put into everyone's pocket

>muh bootstraps

not everyone enjoys the NEET lifestyle, some people will want to start their own business, and spoiler alert now they can cause no need to work to live = low risk in starting your business to sell stuff to Tyrone and your local NEETs so you can make money and live a fullfilling life and get taxed to make everything come full circle

If you dont wanna work then dont work, if you do then do. Do whatever you want whenever you want. How is this a communist idea? It's the ultimate personal freedom plan.

Can we all be real for a second and acknowledge that the main flaw with UBI is that it creates a class of people who's entire means of existence is the government? Look at how people try to tell folks on food stamps or other social programs what they can spend their money on. UBI will face that same problem x10000 and end up just being a method for the dominant party of the time to assert social influence.

That's why UBI needs to just be money given to to person to spend on what they need to survive.
If you want to live in luxury you can work.

And the problem with that is?

The constitution and human rights guarantee you have basic rights. Does that mean there is a class of people who's existence is only made safe by the government, because they couldnt possibly defend themselves in a wild chaotic anarchic system? No.

Amend the constitution, whatever, to say that every living person deserves basic income to survive, and no politician can take that away for leverage or whatever.

More people have more freedom to educate themselves without fear of not earning enough to survive = good, more educated people = less people having kids = lower population = easier to subsists the UBI program

You gotta work if you want to eat, nigga.

No, see, this is where the UBI has to be enforced in an iron clad rule.

You cannot tell people how to spend their UBI money (as a matter of legislation)

If people want to go full retard and blow it all in the first month on hookers, then starve to death, that is their fucking problem.

or sell crack

This is fucking great Sup Forums humor

It only works in a scenario where the government has total control over the economy and can control prices directly, but such an economy would never develop to the point of requiring basic income.

UBI can fit into almost any political system or ideology.

It's basically an answer to automation.

So maybe it could work in a few decades when automation isn't just a shitty meme. I'm still concerned that the left would try to steer any UBI movement towards full retard communism.

You would need to entirely break up and reform the left back towards individual liberty and break up the globalists first.

Whether it's a good idea is irrelevant. IT IS INEVITABLE

It's the only thing that makes sense in response to increased automation and people are slowly getting used to the idea, expect it to gain even more traction as times goes on

In a generation or two it'll be seen as basic stuff like universal healthcare, which means civilized society will have basic income except america, kek

*(((globalists)))

They kind of did that with the negative income tax.

It failed, of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=0XxYwWg7F8I&list=RD0XxYwWg7F8I

really? i never knew it was right wing. but in all honesty when you say its an alternative to social programs i'm for it. but iv'e never heard it to be an alternative.

>and it sure as hell won't be "universal."

Then it wouldn't be UBI moron

Get a fucking job leaf. Quit being such a lazy fuck and expecting everyone to give you free shit. You are not entitled to things you didn't work for.

YES GOYIM GIVE US FREE MONEY CUZ ITLL GET RID OF THE BLACKS HAHAHA

I've not heard anyone give a coherent argument as to why it wouldn't lead to inflation.

People won't want to work 40 hours if things only cost 20% of what they did. People will want to work 20 hours per week and travel. So you got more available 20-hour-per-week jobs for unemployed people.

they breed really fucking quickly. just increasing the mortality rate wont do a thing.

Where does the money come from? What is the incentive to work for people who are lazy?

I was thinking about this the other day. Has there ever been a government that invests its wealth into a company, runs its own company or hedge funds it, to give back to the people?

the money isn't printed or created out of thin air, it comes from taxation

If you 'never heard a coherent argument for why it doesn't lead to inflation' it's because you're a fucking moron who's been plugging his ears every time someone tells him why.

Because inflation has nothing to do with who has money and everything to do with how much of it there is.

Most niggers have what is effectively basic income and look at the mess they have become since the good old days of jim crow. Long term welfare is never the answer.

Not a country but Alaska has a pfd like that. It's not basic income but they get dividends from invested oil money. Like around 2k a year. It's a red state too. The amount is getting smaller every year.

Friedman was for a negative income tax for people in the bottom bracket, not universal basic income

still sounds like communism to me

>prices have nothing to do with how much people are generally able to pay

>Repeat with other minorities until there is no one left but white people.
All minorities are as dumb as niggers

That's not inflation, retard

Ontario and PEI are planning on giving out 1300 moosebucks a month for UBI

I save to correct one thing...

>>Tyrone doesn't trust banks, he cash his cheque and carries everything on him

Should read...

Tyrone can't get a bank account anymore (like 60% of his fellow kangz and queenz)... because the only one he ever had got charged off and reported to chex systems for being overdrawn for half a year.

The fuck he is. He knows niggers are too lazy and too shitty as marksmen and too breed like rabbits to ever Battle Royale themselves TFO. This is a kikespiracy thread geared to more nigger entitlement!

>their problem

The fact that a huge proportion of our population thinks that nothing is their problem is why UBI isn't sustainable.

>Tyrone blows all his money
>whines about racism and blames whitey
>agitate for food stamps and section 8 AND the UBI

suddenly we're all women

Getting paid for no work at all is the problem.

Irrelevant, still a bad thing whatever you call it, retard.

Just face it: your autistic fantasy of never working will never work.

Also, it's highly debatable whether UBI could even happen without creating money to pay for it eventually.

Will money even be worth anything when robots do all the work?

People aren't inherently lazy, we all like to be engaged with something actively, and extra free time opens up countless opportunities to create value on a small scale.

Biggest threat to non-compulsory productivity is consumerism, but consumerism only thrives because of compulsory work in the first place. Media corporations would no longer be able to sustain themselves on turning customers into hypnotized couch potatoes, since there would be no income to extract from them.

Because retards that can't manage their money will starve and blame rational people that live according to their means for it like it happens today and they will use the state to steal more from the rational people.

the idea is that we'll be at a point where 80% of jobs are done by machines, instead of arbitrarily holding back the march of progress for the sake of the current wage-slave system

Dream on,nigger

>People aren't inherently lazy

We have a whole lot of history of communism proving this baseless assertion wrong.

When given the opportunity to not work, people will not work.

>we all like to be engaged with something actively,

Like selling drugs, raping women, etc. Or being 'creative' (i.e. wasting time).

The vast majority of people, when the anti-starvation motive is lifted from them, will turn to satisfying their base pleasures.

>black people
U fucking w0t m8???
Niggers what the fuck is "black people" anyway? those two words just simply don't go together

people on basic income shouldn't be allowed to reproduce.

Everyone would be on basic income, that's the point.

Everyone would get a monthly stipend from the gov't covering basic necessities.

What happens when they spend all their basic income badly and then riot and try to steal from other basic incomers?

It's an unproven conjecture and you've only made it because you're looking for excuses to criticize basic income.

I can come up with a few criticisms of it that actually make sense, but you can't look at it critically or fairly, just a knee jerk *blocks ur path* neanderthal reaction to it.

Like some kind of trained fucking monkey without an ounce of agency.

Why wouldn't they do this already?

Isn't this what leftist are already doing? Why have a basic income when we will only end with the same problems we have today?

He's not completely wrong. Demand-side inflation just means more money is being spent on certain products, forcing prices up. Could be caused by money being printed, or just by people saving less and spending more. You could argue that distributing income in a way that gives everyone extra money on top of the salary they make, it would cause inflation in consumer products, since people would simply have more money to buy them with, as if you just printed money and handed out to everyone. But that assumes that everyone would keep working the same hours so they could consume more, which only makes sense if you're stuck in the paradigm of consumption being the force behind all human behavior.

Not sure what a system revolving around extremely inefficient centralized compulsion to work proves about what people do when they're not compelled to work.

And I've never seen any correlation between crime and leisure, or I'd expect to see a lot more rich retirees causing trouble for everyone. The correlation between poverty and crime is more striking to me.

Jail?

Try it out in a few places. See how it works then get back to us.

so we all get a universal income, causing prices to inflate to the point where the universal income becomes pointless?

communists are retarded

We do, also remove all other forms of welfare and remove the minimum wage. Most people will still work. In fact you may see even more people working.

Right now we have ~50% total employment. This counts kids and old folks but still, I have worked sense I was 12, wtf is up with all the lazy kids these days.

It's not. Why should we allow shit goddamned companies like Wal Mart to get subsidized by our taxes, and then, living in the wealthiest nation on earth, have to deal with our potentially great innovators being stuck on finding food, clothes and shelter?

>Automation increases GDP
>Service economy shrinks
>Massive unemployed workforce
>Massive wealth redistribution to the top .01%
>Bernie Sanders wins 2024
>Sanders has sweet robot arm and bionic eye by this time

Ending all current forms of welfare and removing all tax deductions (welfare for the wealthy) we would have enough to give every adult citizen $20k/year.