Should you save a dying felon?

Question:

Suppose one night you're in your home when suddenly a home invader breaks in. Catching him by surprise, you shoot him and mortally wound him. You immediately call the police to report the break-in when you realize he is still alive.

Do you have a moral and/or legal obligation to help him in any way? The police would show up with paramedics in an attempt to save the felon's life. But do you, the victim, have any impetus to lift a single finger to help him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5bsAMSQ13bY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*unzip pants*

I'm not qualified to help him anyway.

No. Let the faggot sleep in the bed he made. Forever.

What race?

You can give separate answers for each race.

You should look like you tried to help him
Otherwise no

>But do you, the victim, have any impetus to lift a single finger to help him?

I don't know how much my opinion counts, given that I'm stuck in the United Kingdom of nogunz, but I can't imagine you do. He broke into your properly, implicitly threatening you and your family - you should be under no obligation to help him. If the emergency services start grilling you about it, can't you just say that you're not a medical professional and didn't want to risk making things worse?

>Do you have a moral and/or legal obligation to help him in any way?
Fuck no.

they'll probably sue you if they live

>legal obligation
no, not currently

>moral obligation
that's up to you.

Morally you should save him.

Legally you're better off if the home invader dies.

Blacks have overwhelmingly and consistently told us to kill them.

On a serious note, leaving a home invader alive can seriously fuck you over. You shoot to kill. When they are on the ground and still not dead, put another two or three into them and say they were reaching for something.

>Morally you should save him.
Where are proofs?
Morally I should kill him for trying to harm my family

>if you kill your enemies, they win!

Honestly if you didnt inform the emergency crews that he was still alive you should execute them to avoid any chance of a lawsuit

Shoot him again and say you double tapped. Might need to suppress the second round.

I think if they die, they legal system will fuck you more.

well at least here anyway, some laws we have here are stupid.

>Suppose one night you're in your home when suddenly a home invader breaks in
Most likely a dindu, so let him die

Call 911 for an ambulance too. If he was in such a shit condition he dies before the ambulance gets there you couldnt have done shit anyway unless you had medical experience. If he lives until the ambulance gets there he cant sue you cause multiple laws preventing it.

>Do you have a moral and/or legal obligation to help him in any way?
No.

Giving him first-aid is the merciful, humane and optional thing to do.

If you're not a medical professional you have no obligation at all.
If you're not trained to deal with that kind of situation you will probably make it worse or you will put yourself at risk

you shouldn't have to. he can get fucked. shouldn't even have to call the cops until after he croaks.

>I'm a looser then
As it ever was, so fuck with the nigger

Dead men tell no tales. He can't take you to civil court if he's dead.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

nope

I'm not obligated to but I would "try". Tell the police I did everything I could but they got their too late.... Oh no

Fuck him. Get the pigs to scrape him off the ground. They're lucky I don't piss on him while he's dying.

nigger= Id double tap him, make sure he aint getting back up

Chink= Id double tap him, make sure he aint getting back up

White=Id double tap him, make sure he aint getting back up

mexican= if force him to make me a taco. Then id double tap him, make sure he aint getting back up.

came here to post this. put that nigger on ice.

Nope. He can be grateful if you don't kick his head in while he lies there.

youtube.com/watch?v=5bsAMSQ13bY

Unfortunately the dirt bag might try to suit you if he lives. You should always shoot them again if they are on the ground and still alive, just say it looked like they were reaching for something.

You don't have to of course but everyone has a back story. Maybe the robber is thug who steals and extorts for a living or maybe he's black man who recently lost his job and is running out of options to feed his kids. He's always looked down of dead beat fathers, dealing with growing medical expenses for his children, and has been repeatedly denied assistance from the government because he's a man. He doesn't want to steal and promises never to do it again, but if he dies his children will grow up without parents and will probably become single parents at age 14. They'll end up costing the tax payers thousands of dollars because you killed their father. Would you save him Sup Forums?

no

What would John Wayne do?

>You should always shoot them again if they are on the ground and still alive, just say it looked like they were reaching for something.

sounds like a bad idea. i wouldn't believe that for a second if i were a cop.

lol fuck no, probably just finish him off and plant a gun or knife on him

Army medic fag here. not really much you can do if he's mortally wounded. It all depends where he's hit.

>Question:
>Suppose one night you're in your home when suddenly a home invader breaks in. Catching him by surprise, you shoot him and mortally wound him. You immediately call the police to report the break-in when you realize he is still alive.
>Do you have a moral and/or legal obligation to help him in any way? The police would show up with paramedics in an attempt to save the felon's life. But do you, the victim, have any impetus to lift a single finger to help him?

Yeadh. Nothing to do with law. The FFL and marines would do the same for a wounded enemy. The fight is over. You won. Then you do the right thing. The aim was to win. Not necessarily kill.

Am I the only person in this thread that considers the possibility of catching a disease from coming in contact with the niggerblood?

I would definitely not risk that.

in that case he wouldn't think twice about suing you out the ass.

You have a moral obligation to kill him

>Am I the only person in this thread that considers the possibility of catching a disease from coming in contact with the niggerblood?
>I would definitely not risk that.

I have an IAFK, chest seals, IV etc. Latex gloves are park of that kit as is a mask.

If an ambulance was on iits way I would not go further than clearing an airway and controlling bleeding with a pressure bandage or tourniquet . I would not even use a clotting agent.

nah man, that's what I was thinking as well.

>You have a moral obligation to kill him

Have you ever killed anyone or seen anyone bleed out?

Bleeding out is bad way to go.

if you're shooting better make sure its to kill

>You have a moral obligation to kill him

IF you understand morality AT ALL you always have an obligation to not kill UNNECESSARILY

>if you're shooting better make sure its to kill

Most handgun injuries are survived. They are very rarely immediately fatal. Neither is birdshoot, .22 etc

Always shoot to kill. Close eyes, unload whole chamber. You'd avoid the lawsuits that way.

>defending home with handgun
>using 9mm to defend home

>Close eyes, unload whole chamber

keep both eyes open, you can generally aim better that way

potatoes don't actually think we only have handguns does he?

I would cut off his ears and make a necklace out of it while he watches

then I will eat his heart to aquire his braveness

Save his life or else who's going to pay to replace the blood stained carpet

Always shoot to kill. If the cops think it seems suspicious just say you thought he was reaching for a weapon after you put him on the ground so you ended him. I've heard too many fucked up cases where some shitbag gets injured but not killed while breaking into someone's home and then they sue the homeowner and win SOMEHOW.

Don't even risk it

That is why you use something like 30-06 or 7.62x54. Odds are they ain't surviving either of those.

>literally *boom* *boom* *crash* the video

Why did he wait until he was all the way inside before shooting, though

>black man
>supporting his kids
Hahaha. Good one, user.

The most probable cause of death from a handgun is not instant death but bleeding out. Most handguns make a reasonably similar shaped hole and it is not that big. The liver heart, brain etc are not that large as a % of the target.

A shotgun or high powered center fire rifle is devastating. Not so a handgun. More akin to a stabbing or spike injury.

Exsanguination time will depend on several factors and whether the blood supply to the brain has been effected. If not you will probably have a moaning bleeding mass for 10 minutes to half an hour, maybe longer. When the oxygen levels to the muscles collapses they will being to spasm suffering acute pain akin to swimmers cramps before eventually dying. It is quite possible for the recipient of several handgun shootings to easily survive unless a vital organ is hit or a neck artery. Otherwise if the bleeding is controlled and an ambulance arrives prepped with pre surgery IV they will probably survive.

That's not how it works. If you shoot him and he survives, he gets to sue you, and he will probably win in civil court because the court will almost always find he did no major damages to you, but you did major damage to him, and due to the balance of probabilities, you were probably somewhat at fault for him getting shot, and thus must pay him off.

The legal system makes it so the smart move is to shoot to kill. Dead men can't sue you.

subjective

No? Wtf?

Your only knowledge of this man's character is the type of person that will break into your home in the middle of the night. You don't know his intentions, but they weren't good, you at least know that. Where would he have stopped? Would he have lifted a few DVDs and left, leaving your wife and kids to never feel safe in their own home again? Or would he have tied you up, raped your wife in front of you and then tortured you both to death?

Why risk him lying about the events of the night and getting yourself into legal trouble? No, you shoot until you're sure he's dead. Just keep shooting.

i've heard it's almost a certainty that you'll get sued after using a gun in self defense.

Also, even if a civil suit isn't successful, you're still on the hook for legal costs. Also the family can still sue even if you kill him, but they're generally not as likely to win.

The solution to this scenario is castle doctrine, which Canadians will never go for, because of stories about lost nigglets knocking on somebodies door asking for directions, getting BTFO by a shotgun blast through the door, and the homeowner being found innocent.

The average Canadian legitimately feels they're better than the average American because we allow home invaders to sue people after they get shot. It's kind of insane.

There's no such thing as an "obligation". No force, moral or otherwise, can compel you to do anything that you yourself do not consciously choose to do

>The legal system

Also incorporates family law, suing people over faggit wedding cakes and bogus sexual harassment cases.

Don't change what''s right.

You are a faggot. As a corpsman, I never waste my gear on some fucker that was shooting at me. My marines always agreed with my decision.

>There's no such thing as an "obligation". No force, moral or otherwise, can compel you to do anything that you yourself do not consciously choose to do

You brought the word moral into the thread. Killing or allowing a death by inaction unnecessarily is immoral.

What the fuck do they teach kids these days?

Sure you shoot the fucker because you are worried he will kill you. It is your home, he's entered it illegally. Fine.

Leaving man to die in front of you without bothering to see if he can still live.

Beyond shitbag.

>You are a faggot. As a corpsman, I never waste my gear on some fucker that was shooting at me. My marines always agreed with my decision.

Stop larping faggit I have great respect for marines and don't like people who larp.

t.ex-eod

Agreed.

Not a larper

We had a break in when I was very young. We weren't home, and the intruders were long gone when we got home. My parents called the police, who came to the house to investigate. Really, though, just to chat to my parents.

My dad explained that he owned a shotgun, and asked for advice on what to do if an intruder entered while we were home. The cops said to kill him. Ensure he's dead, take one of your kitchen knives, and place it in his hand.

This advice is about 40 years old. Would not surprise me if it were still true.

> Go over this scenario In CCW class
>instructor holds tongue in cheek
>"its better if they don't make it to court"

absolutely not.
i will be too busy checking on my family and making sure none of my stuff was damaged before i even call the police or ambulance.

>moral
Assuming that morality is based on a respect for life (someone breaks into your house, you shoot him to save lives) then yes, morality requires you to try saving his life to the best of your ability. I personally believe this is the case.

>legal
Depends on the jurisdiction, don't be retarded.

You have a legal obligation to shoot him a few more times to make sure he's dead when they get there. Dead robbers don't sue, and maybe you miscounted how many times you fired, right?

You guys know that law where if a burglar's robbing a house and his accomplice gets shot by the homeowner, the burglar gets charged for murder?

So if his accomplice gets tied up and anally raped by the homeowner, is the burglar charged with that too?

>you realize he is still alive.
Shoot him again twice.

He chose to operate outside the bounds of the law, that invites the same in return. Don't nig people shit and you won't get shot.

>implying I would call the police

Where did you get those Doc?

>mag dump into his chest
>wounded

What kind of pussy gun am I using? Airsoft?
After which my first call is to my lawyer.
Blah blah blah cops.
Then another lawyer to see about suing the dead guy's family for getting his blood and gets on carpet.

If I could be sure he's not a threat, sure. It's a slippery slope once you find exceptions. If he poses a threat and won't stop. no.

Problem is.. this is Sweden so it'd be a stabbing, and at that point chances are high it'd be lethal before I could know that he does not intend to be a threat anymore.

Rather, you should stand in his neck to ensure he doesn't survive and sue you for bodily harm. It's a crazy world, but it wasn't us who made it that way.

An user made 300 of each of them during the debates and after the inauguration. Only the MAGA is not sold out. Memes dot money if you want one yourself.

No matter how justified the shooting is, there will be an investigation. Anything you can do to look better is good for you. Help him if possible, or at least make it look like you made an effort.

However don't put yourself in danger. If he had a gun and you dropped him, i would leave the area if he was still alive. That wouldn't look bad because even if shot, he is still dangerous

It's fucked mate. You can go to jail for beating a previously convicted rapist drug addict who's broken into your home, but if you're a poor disadvantaged african you can bash old people in their beds and steal their car from the garage and get a suspended sentence.

I'd double-tap or give the bullet holes a good stomping to end him quicker. Dead men tell no lies in court. Just evidence of his break-in, any weapons he was carrying (or I put on him), and a body.

>>you realize he is still alive.
>Shoot him again twice.

What is the difference between niggers and whites?

Seems like most of you are niggers because you have no sense of right or wrong.

Contrary to the larper on here corpsmen and medicals constantly treat people who had just being trying to kill them

If you think you are big enough to kill and make that call then learn right from wrong or you are just another nigger. You don;t do it unless it is necessary. Only niggers murder (and it is murder if they are no longer a threat) by instinct.

Accomplice liability only works when the murder is a natural outcome of the caper you're on.

>invade a home with guns
>reasonable to expect that someone might be getting shot
>accomplice liability when it happens

>invade a home with guns
>not reasonable to expect that someone will be tied up and raped
>no accomplice liability when it happens

Felony murder also only applies to murder, which is the "homeowner kills home invader so home invader responsible" thing.

would have been a good movie script tho

What about the possibility of retaliation?

Others have discussed the lawsuit possibility enough, but what's to stop the surviving robber from coming back a week later and wiping you and your family out?

Everyone has an intrinsic responsibility for themselves and their well being. The robber sacrificed their well being.

>Problem is.. this is Sweden so it'd be a stabbing, and at that point chances are high it'd be lethal before I could know that he does not intend to be a threat anymore.

Takes more to kill a man than a few stab wounds unless they are in exactly the right place. Stabbing someone to death requires a decent frenzy. Odds are he will be down and bleeding long before he dies.

Not if you twist.

>white guy in the hoodie
Other than that bullshit, no I wouldn't call the cops immediately. Of course my neighbors probably would. I'd make up a story about how I couldn't find my phone until it turned up under my bed sheets. I'd let the nigger bleed out. Why not?

>getting his blood and gets on carpet
Put some newspaper down if you think your guests will be getting any gets.

Also checkem.

>What about the possibility of retaliation?
>Others have discussed the lawsuit possibility enough, but what's to stop the surviving robber from coming back a week later and wiping you and your family out?
>Everyone has an intrinsic responsibility for themselves and their well being. The robber sacrificed their well being.

That's speculation. You may see a nigger outside your house and feel he will rob it or come back. Not good enough. You kill when necessary. Being a coward does not generate necessity. IF he's down the fight is over. Next priority see if you can avoid unnecessary death. The reason you shot in the first place was to save a life, you's or your families.

>Not if you twist.

Good luck with that. You may find that all your internet gleamed insights go out the window fast. Most stabbings that kill quickly are between 10-20 shots to the torso. Even then he will not die instantly, even with a stab wound to the skull.

You would be amazed how hard dying people can last even when huge chunks of them are missing.

Speculating that someone you see on the street may rob you is just that- mere speculation.

Someone breaking into your house already demonstrated a willingness to disregard the law and target you. The hypothetical did not state if the robber was armed, but it surely is not an unreasonable assumption.