Time for a pop quiz, Sup Forums

It's time to test your reflexes and see if you can come up with the correct rebuttal. So, you are walking down the street and get in an argument with a liberal about trannies and they ask you this question:

>Okay, so do you have evidence that suggests helping trans kids is worse for their mental health than refusing to help them?

What do you respond with?

same as yo you, OP
>fuck off, faggot

Unless it's helping them kill themselves.

There's only one way to help them.

>>helping trans kids is worse for their mental health than refusing to help them

I'd say, "I'd help any kid, why does it matter if he is trans?"

>normalizing horrific mentally disturbed behavior is bad for society and bad for all of the poor people they will brainwash into thinking that behavior is normal.

pardon "he/she"

Giving into someones delusions is more harmful, trans people need therapy

I would talk about how not all children that seem to not conform are full on gender dysphoria and we should be pushing this gender spectrum garbage into sex-ed.
The evidence that transitioning does help is itself kind of weak and not great science because they don't have much of a sample size. It would be better that therapy would make people come to accept what they were born as instead of them transitioning and never being satisfied because they don't truly change sex. Maybe the former isn't possible though.
Gender dysphoria being removed from the mental disorder list shows how much weight activists have on these issues.

Indulging in their mental disorder will prevent them from becoming a functioning member of society.

Lol, the "practice supporting my indefensible argument because I'm a backwards faggot" threads get me every time, comrade.

If you really want to start a discussion on Sup Forums instead of posing a hypothetical likes this you should just RP as a lefty and play devil's advocate with a good bait pic to maximize your bumps.

Enabling self mutilation is an evil I will never tolerate

You're failing to take into account the societal damage caused by normalizing mental illness. It's not always about what's best for the person involved.

>ok so do you have evidence that helping anorexics lose weight is worse for their mental health than refusing to help them?

Often times I start these threads kind of thinking I'll refute the people who are wrong but then too many people respond and I get overloaded and just give up.

It is a trap question, cause the liberal defines their position as helping from the outset, which puts you at a disadvantage, as you are now forced to defend "not helping". You have to turn it around on them and reply with something like:

>No

Show the evidence that Stanford stopped performing transgender operations a while back because the people admitted that they were feeling worse post-op than pre-op.

In most cases, changing your gender does not make you feel better.

Outlier groups that are against it will not convince anyone. John Hopkins kicked out their top guy and started doing conversion again.

Define "help"

95% of kids grow out of it.

OP, you do realize that trans kids are liek 0.000001% of the population, right? I mean, gay kids in high school aren't that rare, but generally adults are the ones who worry about this shit way more than kids ever do. This issue doesn't affect your life in any meaningful way, so why do you care. I mean, do you know a trans kid?

Btw, your question doesn't make any fucking sense. What do you mean by "helping"? If you are saying giving the kid hormone therapy, then the arguments really fucking simple; its dangerous to fuck with a developing person's chemistry for no fucking reason. The kid needs to build some self-esteem. They can do what they want with themselves as adults.

Giving mentally sick people pills and encouraging them to cut up their bodies in a futile attempt to change something that can't be changed is not "helping". You don't indulge in and encourage the fantasies of the mentally ill. The only way for these people to get better is by being forced to confront reality and accepting that reality.

Around 90% of kids outgrow gender confusion which is why we need psychologists to differentiate between boys that like wearing skirts that will grow up to be gay and boys that will grow up thinking they are a woman.

0.003% and growing
The fact that they are such a minority emphasizes to the lefty that they are a marginalized group that needs their voice heard. You won't convince many people that we should just ignore them because they are so uncommon.

If helping means transitioning them then all it accomplishes is a spike in suicide rates.
Maybe its worth agreeing with the liberal for the wrong reasons if some fag offs xirself.

85% snap back to identifying with born sex after 18, for all others suicide rates are not affected by transitioning, so of questionable medical value.

You didn't answer the question: do you know a trans kid? Am I wrong that this doesn't impact you in any real way? Does it irk you that much?

You aren't supposed to make an argument that convinces Sup Forums the point of the thread is making an argument that will convince a lefty

>Why don't you care about helping people!

Psychologists can't tell the future though. The only thing that can be done is to wait and see.

That happens to be the responsible way too. Confusing kids about their gender while pumping them full of drugs is abuse.

They evaluate them to see if they really have gender dysphoria or not.

CUTE! CUTE!

Do you think tell a schizophrenic all of their hallucinations are real? Do you think it is helpful to tell a anorexic they are really fat and should continue starving themselves?

>help helper gets a gf

>Do you think tell a schizophrenic all of their hallucinations are real?
If you know anything about the CIA, MKUltra or their interdimensional capabilities, you would know their hallucinations are more than real.

DUH DUH DUH
U
H

D
U
H

D
U
H

>>Okay, so do you have evidence that suggests helping trans kids is worse for their mental health than refusing to help them?

Nearly all "trans" kids grow out of this phase, the way to help them is to provide them the correct models and expectations that will help them grow out of it as soon as possible.

2 Best girls,

to be between their sweaty thighs...

>trans
>kids

then turn 360 degress and walk away

Imagine your son is a tranny and he wants breast implants. Now imagine your daughter is flat chested and wants breast implants.

Obviously the goal shouldn't be to help your child change their body to what they think it should be, but to teach your child to be happy with the body they have.