Why do people still smoke? Do you support the idea that smokes should be taxed higher?

Why do people still smoke? Do you support the idea that smokes should be taxed higher?

>Researchers found that, among smokers ages 12 to 17, the percentage who had depression increased from 16.0 percent in 2005 to 22.4 percent in 2013. That was the biggest increase in depression seen in the study, which looked at rates of depression among current smokers, former smokers and people who had never smoked, ages 12 and older.

>Overall, the rate of depression in the U.S. population ages 12 and older increased from 6.9 percent in 2005 to 7.2 percent in 2013.

>The rate of depression among all current smokers in the study increased from about 10.0 percent in 2005 to 10.5 percent in 2013.

>The rate of depression increased among male smokers, from about 6.2 percent in 2005 to 7.8 percent in 2013.

>The rate of depression among female smokers was nearly twice as high as the rate in men; however, there was no increase in depression among female smokers during the study period.

livescience.com/58183-teen-smokers-depression.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sW93DamFSOE
mrsnus.com/index.php
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9CYPey1C_w
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16337291
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tobacco_movement_in_Nazi_Germany
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i want to die

Stop doing things i dont like fuck off op

they are taxed pretty high here, almost £9 per pack of 20

how do people even get addicted to smoking?
When people offer me a cigg ill smoke it, sure. I love the taste and feeling. But i dont go out of my way and buy a pack to smoke when im alone. Thats fucking depressing.

People like supporting our Greatest Ally you evil Nazi

I got addicted like some sort of faggot, right now I'm in a stressful part of my life and I don't want to add quitting smoking on top of that because I'm a pussy..

Both of my parents also smoked, so I suppose as a young teen it was easy for me to start, since the negative connection probably wasn't as much as someone who's parents told them not to smoke and didn't themselves.

At least I roll my own, so I don't spend a ton of money on it.

I don't like smokers because they are always so angry and are just looking for a fight.

i smoke 4/day but when week off from work i have none. also during weekends i smoke none unless going to pub

is rolling tobacco like a taboo in america? Ive never seen it outside of the netherlands.

Wow that's high. ~€6 here.

This pretty much sums it up.

People do it here too. It's much cheaper than buying a pack.

Nice strawman all x are y

What kind of bullshit reseach is this.Yes sure depressed people are more likely to abuse substances like nicotine,more new at 11
Almost everybody rolls here,especially young people.I think its the same for Spain and Italy

I always use rolling tobacco its cheaper and lasts longer than a pack of fags

>is rolling tobacco like a taboo in america? Ive never seen it outside of the netherlands.
When I smoked, I used rolling tobacco. It was cheaper, and you never crushed a pack of smokes at work. People would frown upon it because there was no filter, and all good americans know that a filter makes a cigarette healthy. After 2 decades I had to give it up, because I was sick of being an addict.

But yes it is somewhat taboo....people think you roll your own because you are poor. The cost was part of it, because If I am paying big tobacco companies to kill me, I will at least do it on the cheap. I also hated carrying packs with me because I would crush them at work regularly.

Try being around a smoker who hasn't had a smoke that day. He'll be literally shaking and cussing at everyone until he gets that smoke.
>implying that's not the Sup Forums way. We do it for literally everything. Be it blacks, jews, vegans..

I used to smoke daily, then maybe once a week, now maybe once a fortnight.

I have a pack in my cupboard, and I will light one up every now and then with a beer.

Yea if its crack he smokes i dont know any smokers that get like that m8

>austrian beer
ugh

Fuck off kikes. Smoking raises test levels which is why the kikes are so vehement on anti-smoking.
We had literally hundreds of threads about this.
If you don't smoke you're a numale and belong on reddit

100 rubles for pack of average cigs in russia. Its like 1.5$
Average salary here is 15k rubles. I smoke one pack of cigs everyday, 3k only for just smoke. Every second kid in high school smokes. Cigs should cost cheaper, i think. Personal choice.

It's the norm here
t. turk

thats becuase you are shithole with violent savages.

I wouldn't say it's a taboo, but it's not super common from what I've seen.

I find that more common with heavy smokers. That's just my experience though.

>Why do people still smoke?
They think they can beat the odds of the diseases and weaknesses that can come with smoking

Looks

They say it relaxes them

Got into the habit early in their life, can't quit, in denial they are getting addicted

Last and not least flavor, some people genuinely like the flavor

I fell for the vape meme but smoked half a pack a day for like 8 years

I think they should be outright banned desu, the tobacco companies have got every smoker by the balls, literally paying to kill yourself faster

You have no idea

youtube.com/watch?v=sW93DamFSOE

Because risk taking in our society has been banned or shunned to death.

Smoking is one of the most bluepilled things in existence

>tastes like shit
>destroy your health both physically and mentally
>is addictive so you lose control over yourself
>expensive asf

>They say it relaxes
because it does

I used to smoke nearly 2 packs a day. Quit cold turkey one day because I think it gave me a panic attack and scared me.

That was around 14 or so years ago. I miss smoking a lot and enjoyed it.

Must be something in the fags in your country then bud

>Last and not least flavor, some people genuinely like the flavor

This, i like em.

I smoked because i liked the taste and clarity it brought. Then taste went to shit and i started to buy tobacco and roll my own. Now i can't be bothered with that, but taste of regular cigarettes still repulses me so i don't smoke.

Should have switched to reddit 14 years ago too beta boi

>tastes bad
>mentally destroys you

Are you in middle school?

>Tips fedora.

You sound fun at parties. Consider hanging yourself next time you're at one of by chance you get invited.

>Adolf Hitler was first for anti-smoking
>calls everyone kikes

Smokers already pay a sin tax in the U.S. and pay higher premiums for their health insurance.

What the fuck are you going on about, Muhammad? Detonate yourself.

I feel the same about alcohol. I love getting that just right feeling and that's it, but I'll never drink unless it's a major happening or I'm with friends/family

It actually tastes awful to me if there's no bros to shoot the shit with or no happenings. I'll never get how people can become alkys but I understand that it happens

>science 80 years ago
>science today
Sort yourself out

>2 packs a day
thats disgusting

>Detonate yourself.
kek

Any anons got any recommendations for good quality rolling tobacco? I haven't experimented too much with different brands. I mainly smoke menthol but I like a good quality normal one too.

Before I started rolling my own I used to smoke marlboros if that helps.

In Australia, tobacco is taxed at approximately $700 per kilogram.

That's why we have a packet of 20 going for $18 AUD.

The smokers are taxed enough already.

American Spirit Organic. Red pouch.

Roll thin and smoke without a filter*

Any chewing bros here?
Redpill me on chewing tobacco.
Is it all the benefits minus the smoke inhaling negatives?

Will give it a try if I see it at the store. Thanks.

Only if it's pasteurized snus

yea your teeth gets fucked up

Nice trips

I drink Sapporo or Asahi

You'll like it, I guarantee it. Marlboro/vs/Spirits is like the flavor of a cashed bowl vs a nice smoked piece of meat

Any good brands i should get always wanted to try chewing tobacco

mrsnus.com/index.php
This site has some good recommendations and deals. I know they ship from Europe so UK should be ez and they also carry nasal snus

>Mentally ill people have a higher risk of substance abuse
ya don't say

Tobacco is a scared plant to native tribes in Canada , so they are allowed to grow it and make cigarettes.
I buy 200 for $20. No tax.

People smoke because they don't give a shit about health; I will go a step further and say that people activelly have a death wish, people actively wish to suffer and call it enjoyment. Human beings are not desgined to be healthy, we are designed to voluntarily take up suffering and smoking encapsulates that behaviour. Smoking is really a religion experience and it is something that should be respected not shunned.

we already are taxed higher. we pay tobacco tax with a sales tax on top of it.

problem?

Thanks senpai might order myself a tin

*sacred

its just tastes really cool with coffee and alcohol and its been in the pop culture for long

>People shit in the street because they don't give a shit about health; I will go a step further and say that people activelly have a death wish, people actively wish to suffer and call it enjoyment. Human beings are not desgined to be healthy, we are designed to voluntarily take up suffering and street-shitting encapsulates that behaviour. Street-shitting is really a religion experience and it is something that should be respected not taken to the loo.

because they're stupid

Yep that first smoke of the day with a big cup of hot coffee seta you up just right

Addictive

Id say Im a heavy drinker when I do drink (5+), and sometimes I do like to play video games alone and have a nice big screwdriver. I'll never get why people use it when they are doing anything but trying to have a good time. But i guess when your life is in the shitter people use it to try and force a good time.

It's becoming more and more common with cigarettes being nine dollars a pack after taxes. In NYC i hear they are almost 20 dollars.

since i started smoking i got 2 inches on dick i think it correlates

>smoked a pack
>never feel like it again

Didn't even feel that good desu

Nicotine is not why people smoke. It's because of cadmium accumulation which makes them feel tougher. Cadmium is taken up by the body for certain enzymes as a shitty placeholder of zinc.

That's why smokers have a distinct tough perverted personality. Also why female smokers are usually whores. Toxic metal accumulation that makes people feel stronger but in actuality it's just toxic as fuck.

It should be subjected to sales tax like other shit you buy. I don't smoke but fuck off. People make their own choices, and nobody who smokes doesn't know the risks associated with it.

That's real fuckin liberal of you, OP. Trying to tell others what they can and can't do and trying to make it impossible for them to do it cause "muh I know what's best for you".

Kill yourself OP.

Maybe you did it wrong

I bet your breath is repulsive. Do you have a curry for lunch on top of that?

Nah, I got really sick one of the times because I went too fast. I inhaled

>Hitler did it which means you should literally not think for yourself, hahaha you guys say you're Nazis but you're not lol checkmate back to plebbit! I'm with her now

>should be taxed higher
I don't think that anyone should be taxed. On a side note it's a eugenic process to kill off the garbage people who smoke the most - mestizos, castizos, negroes, chinks, Slav bydlos, Anglo chavs e.tc

I approve this message.

I think it's a valid argument to increase taxes from the standpoint of, "they're not going to quit, might as well milk them for all they're worth." It's exactly like the lottery, in my house we call it the Stupid Tax.

Makes sense. Every girl at uni who smokes, looks and dresses like a slut.

Why are so many people so adamantly anti smoking?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z9CYPey1C_w

Cadmium is aggressively carcinogenic in very minute doses; if cadmium were accumulating like that you'd see cancer rates among smokers comparable to cancer rates among at risk industrial laborers.

Why do people drink?

Next time wait seven seconds to gauge how much nicotine you took in per puff. That's about how long it takes to hit your brain.

Because if we don't we die

thats because you never heard of nicotine receptors and what they do and how nicotine bonds to them. yes they are named after nicotine and when you smoke it leads to decrease of stress levels because nicotine bonds on those receptors first instead of something else what is produced when you are in stress.

anti smoking commercials have been pumped into their brains since they were children

>depression
Here goy, eat plastic food, drink spiked water, give us all your personal info and be addicted staring at a smart device, play video games all day, don't go in the sun, we care about your health.
Don't smoke you'll be depressed.

We care about your mental and physical health.

LEL
If you don't smoke you're a blue pilled loser.

Yeah true, I suppose its a good way to find out how brainwashed somebody is, generally speaking speaking most people I know who smoke are far less brainwashed than those who don't

This is how cigarette packs look in Slovenia

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16337291
Cortisol is what you're talking about. It's basically bitch juice, and smoking causes an excess of it.

You're gonna die one day anyways. It may be smoking, you may choke on a chicklet, get blown up by a dune coon, car crash, etc.

My brother is an Alex Jones eat only super organic super healthy shit and takes those placebos the dude sells.

Guess what? Never leaves the house except for martial arts (he works there too) and comes straight home. He won't ever have one thing outside of his pure diet, even just for a special occasion. Now he won't go to Thanksgiving or other family holiday dinners because the food isn't fuckin healthy enough, and my grandma makes decent healthy meals.

The guy won't have a gf anytime soon cause he won't leave the house, watches anime and smokes weed all day. Great life, but he doesn't experience anything.

Now he will live a long healthy life alone and unfulfilled.

Just google cigarettes and cadmium. It's not some hidden knowledge.

have you seen that new one? it's something to the effect of "be the generation that ends smoking".

i'm amazed that anyone remotely thinks that's possible. people have been smoking shit for thousands of years.

Yeah its fucking disgusting and a waste of ink, also here in the UK our tobacco is taxed at such a ridicolous rate which primarily effects poor people

fuck you anti smoking authoritarian pro government cunts, why the fuck are you even on Sup Forums?

why do people drink caffeine?
why do people smoke weed?
why do people have hot showers?
why do people eat dairy?
why do people consume sugar shit?
why do people eat grains?
why do people masturbate?
why do people eat legumes?
why do people eat beans?
why do people not workout?
why do people cut of their dicks?
why do people do drugs?
why do people over eat?
why do people want attention?

because they are weak inferior genetic trash that should kill themselves, thats why op.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tobacco_movement_in_Nazi_Germany