Millenials are bad wth money

>$1100 rent
>car payments instead of buying a used car

No wonder they're broke

You know you can make car payments when you buy a used car, right?

I bought a used car for $6000 cash and three years later its doing fine. I dont know why millenials needs to buy used honda civics for $20grand

Because they are entitled children.

Honda Civic is a sign of entitlement?

every last one of you is a backbiting childish faggot and mocking people for middling financial choices while you laugh it up in a rusty shitbox and crunch uncooked rice to pay for your forch gold just makes you an obnoxious socially retarded pharasee

so she needs to make 24k a year to be happy as a single

Thankfully those African Womens Studies degrees guarantee you get a great job so shes fine and just whining

>renting
>paying $64,000 for school
>using the wheeled jew

Millennials have no idea how to save money or spend the money they've got well enough to survive. Half of college kids squander their student loans on Starbucks, cool new perennial gadgets, and dumbass vacations.

sounds more like they should have saved up a bit before going to college. I'm not saying everyone can do it, but their had to be a way for this person to not have 64k in debt going out of college.

Her fixed expenses are $1900 per month. That's not a lot of money. Any decent job out of college easily covers that.

If her college debt is $64k, she just needs to find a roommate, get a used car (cash), and suddenly she can pay it off in 4 years instead of 12. But she won't do that.

>I just bought a new Honda Civic Hatchback.

>It's cheaper to finance a new car than a used car. Plus modern features and safety are +++

>I'll get way better interest rates on my home loan in about 5 years when my car is paid off in full cause I'm a good goy.

Learn to play the game niggers.

First you get the khakis.

>1200 a month for rent

lol

>I dont know why millenials needs to buy used honda civics for $20grand

Because they don't want to chance on an older car that might break down, since nobody taught them about fixing cars.

Because they never have even 2 grand cash on hand ya dingus and you get garbage interest rates on a used car unless you finance from a bank (i.e. Fat chance, eat shit)>>

>live cheaper/live with a roommate
>take time off school to work fulltime
>bus/carpool
>buy cheaper food in bulk
wow so hard

>the wheeled jew

ded

>1181
how? 200-500 is nigger apartments, 500-600 is borderline nigger, and 600-1000 is literally all the same thing minus niggers being there. if you're spending 1000+ you've only yourself to blame for being so entitled

>get into debt
>get angry you're indebted
wut

It does depend on the city to some degree. What I got for $850 in Calgary would run $1100 in Toronto. Hell, I pay $1250 and I get a gym, full appliances including wash and dry and a concierge. Bitch can economize there.

Also, if renting: you can get a pretty sweet deal in basement suites. I had a huge one bedroom in Toronto, all utilities and laundry covered for $950. It was in a super nice neighbourhood too. Avoid primary rental unless its something nice.

what place do you live where you have to pay 1200 for a single bedroom and is so far out that you need a car?

Fixing cars, even if you can do it yourself, can be more expensive than the car itself. It's better to buy a new car in my opinion. However, there are always exceptions. You may find a used car that is very good condition. For example I bought a used car with only 20k miles on it.
But if you're in financial trouble you shouldn't be buying a new car unless you really want to fuck yourself over.

>What is depreciation

If you plan on keeping the car until the wheels fall off it's not that bad of a deal, but one way or another you're not getting that good of a deal.

I drive an SUV, just bought a house in a good school district and go on vacation multiple times a year. I make good choices and avoid buying useless shit.

student loan repayments. what kind of retard pays that shit back?

Dis negro knows

>$1181 rent.

Holy kek
Milenials are the ultimate goyim.

DC suburbs is at least 1k to live in a crack den

home prices will be obscene in 5 years.

shouldn't she have, you know, a well paying job with her degree?

>$445/month student loan payment
holy shit, did she major in psychology at a private school?

I'm glad college isn't """free""".

For pooorfags

>Chose where you wanted to go to college rather than going to state school
>Could have joined the military, fucking free college and tons of benefits.
>living in a place with 1181 rent
>will pay 65k in the next 12 years for school
liberals are actually fucking retarded

I'd rather a newer car with more miles and a full service history than an older car that's just sat in a shed for years

You need car insurance to drive a car.

>$1100 rent
is that in jew york?
it's actually very similar in London in case you don't want to live with pakis or gypsies.

>applied for every scholarship available and went to public universities: 800$ of student debt when I finished
>used truck, manual(no one wants em they're cheaper) on Craigslist: $1100
>live at homes and pay rent to parents: $400/month
Millennials are retarded.

I've been driving the same car for around eight years now. No desire to upgrade.

That said, am millennial and am shit-tier with money. Can't into saving, single and 24. Will probably die alone but such is life.

tfw my dad paid for my college

you fucking faggot

>$22,260 a year excluding food
When the next great depression comes it's going to be beyond funny.

>everyone accepts that you will take on massive debts by going to college
>everyone accepts that you're not guaranteed a good job by going to college and will probably wind up working at Starbucks anyway
>everyone accepts that college is basically a life sentence of crippling debt for no real advantage
>people still go to college anyway and demand that other people pay off their loans
When will the college meme die?

if you pay that much rent you're retarded.i'd mever pay more than 700 a month. at tat point i'd rather buy a house

What the fuck degree did they pay for that they owe $445 a month for 12 years yet spending $1855 a month leaves them without enough for food? Why are they working minimum wage that's their own fucking fault. Dumbasses.

My fiance is 25. Her car is a 2008 sedan and the insurance payment is $90 a month.

So there's absolutely NO FUCKING REASON this dumbass should be paying more then $100 a month for his car.

Bruh a Honda Civic is a perfect non wasteful car. That shit will drive forever. You can't guarantee that your 4 or 5k used car purchase you got from 'that guy selling it on craiglist' isnt a piece of shit that would need tons of maintaining.

A certified used car is cheaper than new and will still virtually just as good. Provided you have decent credit what's the problem exactly for something you can pay off in 5 or 7 years and drive for 20?

Rent is $1300 for me in Los Angeles, a house would be $3-4k a month. And my car payment is $600. But I make enough to save money and live a good life. Just takes hard work, people that complain that they can't fund their lifestyle demands are just bottom tier pieces of shit.

This.

if you pay $20,000 for one, it is.

Why can't she just move in with her parents, sell her car, and stop paying her student loans?

Right? 2 years after getting an Econ degree and I am earning $50K.

My take home is $2750 and that's after contributing to both a 401K and 401A plan and living in Dallas, TX. My I'm savings are also like 30% of my income.

I just bought a 2013 civic with 22k miles for 15k. A brand new civic is about 20k

Even then that isnt an overpriced sports car. Theyre solid pieces of nippon engineering that will run forever with a minimum of maintaining.

>Americans unable to live without owning a car

>you don't have car payments on a used car

Is Sup Forums really this dumb?

>still has the fuckin iPhone

Wow, really activates the ole almonds.

>paying interest for 5 years is the only way to build credit

GOOD GOY!

>80k in student loans

it's not fair that some people can spend more money than what they have.... and then beg the govt to pay their bill.

actually buicks and lexus are more reliable
but the civic is a fine choice

if you can't afford one, yes it is.

Don't forget
> Get rid of smart phone and expensive contract
> Get rid of Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.

These dumbfucks live beyond their means, buy shit they shouldn't and then whine about how unfair it is they have no money.

my rent is $620 a month

my student loans are $0 a month for the next NAN since i'm not a retard

my auto payment is $0 a month since i don't lease a car

i too also enjoy eating, i do that for $65 a week since it's just me and i don't eat activated almonds

these prices are all in USD

"like to eat" is millenialspeak for "need to buy weed and booze at shitty hipster bars every weekend"

are you mentally handicapped? I can replace any part on a car for under 200 dollars unless it's the engine block.

i make $17 an hour about to get bumped to $19

i smoke weed every day
eat mostly home cooked meals
was able to buy myself a new car with CASH (got a steal on an 03 focus that just needed motor mounts with 70K actual miles on the car)

no student loans.

stop classing us all in the same group, some of us are somewhat smart with money.

(currently renting because i plan on moving next year and i'm not fucking buying a house to rent in a college town, you're retarded)

i'm 24

>tfw you land a steal of a used car because some students didnt want to replace engine mounts
>they only had it for a year
>solid carfax report of oilchanges and etc etc before them

sometimes you can manage to land a deal, but to be fair i've been looking for the last 6 months.

I make 1500€/month, my mortgage is 450, I have a used car, and I save around 700€/month on average.

It's called not being a dumb fuck.

>not eating activated almonds

Supply/Demand in housing market. However protest any slowing down of immigration which increases the market. Don't take millennial liberals seriously.

my rent is nearly 1100
my car payment is 450
I also own 3 other cars with no payment
not broke
you're doing it wrong

>planning budget around living exactly paycheck to paycheck
>"it's fine"

They'll be shit. Market correction soon.

As someone who lived several years in germany i can understand the confusion
In america in most places public transportation just doesnt exist and/or many things arent within walking/biking distance
for example I live in a giant white suburb thats about 10 miles in radius with few businesses inside. it would be impossible for me to make it when living in this neighborhood without the assistance of parents but i make sure to stay as cheap as possible

Until banks/government stop giving student loans to depress that aren't fruitful it will continue happening.

I assumed australia would be cheap but that rent is fucking ridiculous for a country 20 times the size of Britain but with a smaller population. Where do you live, central Sydney or something?

>stop classing us all in the same group

>i'm 24
>i make $17 an hour
>i smoke weed every day

Yeah, nah fuck off

>get shit degree
>get shit job
>get paid shit
>make shit financial decisions
>wonder why life is shit

Yeah but Los Angeles is sort of weird like that in general.

I'm in CT and rent was $1000 before buying the place, and then the mortgage was only $650. Problem was saving up a down payment.

But these people want to live alone with their $60k gender studies degrees while working at Starbucks. They need to think further into the future than the next 5 fucking minutes.

>paying rent

Why? Interest rates are the lowest they will ever be in our lifetime. The housing market is fairly slow right now. On top of all that, you can get a house with barely anything down if you go through FHA, and nothing down if your house is outside city limits and you go through USDA.

> worrying about interest
> at 0.9%

a 20k car will cost less than $500 to finance the for 5 years. This gives him spending flexibility he wouldn't have if he outright bought a pile of junk off of some random. The car will be under warranty and the loan will also build his credit.

Stay poor.

Same. I also choose to live in an area with a relatively low cost of living. All these kids want to live in major metropolitan areas and maintain a middle class lifestyle in their twenties.

I own a three bedroom home and my mortgage is $900 in a great suburb with fantastic schools.

I also never graduated college, busted my ass learning a trade and leveraged that into a cushy office job.

i eat like 15$ per week
What the fuck do you eat with 65$?gold?

>the wheeled jew

Enjoy being stressed all the time because every time something slightly fucks up your schedule you have to start thinking about timetables and shit.

>It's cheaper to finance a new car than a used car. Plus modern features and safety are +++

>I'm so inept I can't even scrounge up 2500$ in cash to buy a used car and I need shiny bells and whistles to feel safe

>I'll get way better interest rates on my home loan in about 5 years when my car is paid off in full cause I'm a good goy.

>mortgages cannot ever be refinanced and once you get one you're stuck with it forever

>a car loan for .9% interest
>lower than the prime rate the fed lends at.

Wish I lived where you did. Car loans are going to go from 4%-10%. Houses are 3-4%

this is normal if you live within 100 miles of a big city.

>third world non-white hellhole

i've never understood why people buy retarded shit for food. i ate baked beans basically every god damn day for my entire childhood. my digestive system is made of adamantium. i could eat rice and a bit of tomato sauce for the next decade.

2 bedroom place in melbourne m8, that's actually pretty cheap. some cunts nearer to the CBD have to pay $500 a week for a shitty 2 bedroom with no yard

food is expensive. we're in the middle of a drought right now

>.9%

They jewed you on the cost of the car to subsidize the loan. The lowest rate anyone can get on a used car is 2.3%, and that's from a credit union.

my family bought me my car and college. My mom pays for my house. these idiots are getting jewed putting themselves into debt for this shit

I see you've never had something like a transmission go out.

They don't know how to save, and think that cell phones, computers and electronics are a necessity. They also eat out every night, don't budget and at least all my broke friends, get drunk at bars like every other night.

Another problem is they think just because they came out of college with a degree automatically means they're entitled to 60k+ year. You start from the bottom to get to the top. It also doesn't help that (in my industry) they hire Indians at slave labor cost and thus the job market is over crowded.

I'm barely scarping by and I have zero debt or car payments or anything. Its fucking expensive to live, on the coast at least. My money would go way farther if I lived in the bum fuck midwest but who wants to do that at 26 years old? Not everyone can be an engineer or wants to be a trade cuck.

>Twitter account called "Punch more nazis" is verified
Doesn't twitter have a pretty serious rule against people promoting the attack of anyone through any means? You're telling me that Twitter is pretty much against all forms of harassment but is completely for violence against "The evil alt right"?

God I hate when people bitch about rent, car payments, and student loans. Don't rent retarded ass expensive yuppie lofts. Don't get retarded ass auto loans for luxury cars. Pay off the student debt before it accrues into hundreds of thousands of dollars and better yet don't go to expensive ass private schools or graduate school if you have no scholarships its fucking retarded.

I live in a big city (boston) and spend 1/10th my income on rent, its not that hard. I don't make that much and still save ~50% of my pretax income because I don't spend retarded ass money on BMWs just so my commute it slightly more conformable. I don't live that modest of a lifestyle I just avoid the top three biggest wastes of money in the universe: rent, cars, and debt (any type of debt).

Buy a pressure cooker, m8.

I make rice and black beans with chili paste all the time. If you soak the beans overnight, they'll cook in 10 minutes with the rice. Add in some sour cream and you've got a feast.

>You're telling me that Twitter is pretty much against all forms of harassment but is completely for violence against "The evil alt right"?
Hownew.ru

>he expects the average person making $7.50 an hour to have $6000 in cash for a car

try to work in IT without smoking for drinking

i choose to smoke rather than drink, and i spend less on weed than most of my alchie friends.

i also dont smoke until after 5pm unless its sunday.

moderation is key to becoming and adult, not judging others on how they enjoy their free time.

I'm getting a payraise next month in hopes i wont leave the company considering i've got a sandia and an amazon interview coming up.

(side note: C++ developers move to new mexico, sandia national labs are literally hiring in the hundreds right now)

but i loved how you chose to ignore the topic of conversation and go straight to the weed and even ignore i'm getting a pay rise soon.

well done you silly autist you.

Some of us live in first world countries, Constantine.

Eat lunch out 4 times and I've already blown 20 to 30€.

And yes, I COULD always cook myself but it's nice to have lunch with coworkers sitting at a proper restaurant.

A single, proper Italian proof dinner will set you back 30 to 50€ easily.

>using the wheeled jew
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>having debt
>not poor
pleb

Why do you guys say millienals like you aren't a millienal? 80% of Sup Forums fits into the definition of a millennial.