Trump Fires 46 Obama-Appointed Prosecutors

archive.is/0z4Wh

---

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration moved on Friday to sweep away most of the remaining vestiges of Obama administration prosecutors at the Justice Department, ordering 46 holdover United States attorneys to tender their resignations immediately — including Preet Bharara, the United States attorney in Manhattan.

The firings were a surprise — especially for Mr. Bharara, who has a reputation for prosecuting public corruption cases and for investigating insider trading. In November, Mr. Bharara met with then President-elect Donald J. Trump at Trump Tower in Manhattan and told reporters afterward that both Mr. Trump and Jeff Sessions, who is now the attorney general, had asked him about staying on, which the prosecutor said he expected to do.

But on Friday, Mr. Bharara was among federal prosecutors who received a call from Dana Boente, the acting deputy attorney general, instructing him to resign, according to a person familiar with the matter. As of Friday evening, though some of the prosecutors had publicly announced their resignations, Mr. Bharara had not. A spokesman for Mr. Bharara declined to comment.

Sarah Isgur Flores, a Justice Department spokeswoman, said in an email that all remaining holdover United States attorneys had been asked to resign, leaving their deputy United States attorneys, who are career officials, in place in an acting capacity.

“As was the case in prior transitions, many of the United States Attorneys nominated by the previous administration already have left the Department of Justice,” she said in the email. “The Attorney General has now asked the remaining 46 presidentially appointed U.S. Attorneys to tender their resignations in order to ensure a uniform transition.”

---

Why did he do this?

Because Obama's people can fuck off.

bump

isn't this guy investigating weiner?

hahahahahaahaha i am winning so much

This really is not a big deal as these changes happens with most new, incoming administrations.

Is it going too far or is it taking out fifth columnists from DNC?

There probably more in the DC basements

/thread

>article cherry picks a few moderates/seem like moderates

>ignores the rest of the faggots who disregard the law and Constitution

>THE JEW YORK TIMES

I guess you CAN sheet the Preet after all.

>was
No need in letting the opposition fuck up a prosecution.

>Why did he do this?
It's called cleaning house. Clinton fired a similar amount of federal prosecutors when he took office.

More like "delete the Preet"

It's standard operating procedure, he really should have done it back in January.

From 1993
>All 93 United States Attorneys knew they would be asked to step down, since all are Republican holdovers, and 16 have resigned so far. But the process generally takes much longer and had usually been carried out without the involvement of the Attorney General. Battles of the Past

Now
>It is not unusual for a new president to replace United States attorneys appointed by a predecessor, especially when there has been a change in which party controls the White House.
>Still, other presidents have done it gradually in order to minimize disruption, giving those asked to resign more time to make the transition while keeping some inherited prosecutors in place, as it had appeared Mr. Trump would do with Mr. Bharara. Mr. Obama, for example, kept Mr. Rosenstein, who had been appointed by George W. Bush.

they had to go back

>Obama-Appointed Prosecutors

Here's your reason.

sage

7th floor shadow govt disbanded then
46 Obama-appointed prosecutors now

DRAIN THE IRS

Obama did it, Clinton fired all 93 attorneys back in the day. but oh no Trump can't because Obamas eight years of bullshit pandering to leftists must be the continuing norm now.

POO IN COURTROOM

MUH PROGRESS

This, Democrats are acting outraged that Trump is doing shit that Obama did on day 1.

I bet some of these of Obama's old administration will Contain some of the leakers.

However I'm sure there still be some rats left. Where can we expect other leakers to hide?

The Deep State has compromised the IAs

>new administration is replacing old one
Wtf I hate Plumpf now

god dammnit preet poo in loo is actually a pretty gud prosecutor.

he went hard after bankers and he also dislikes the clintons because bill clinton gave a pardon to the billioniare he put away.

trump better fill those spots with good prosecutors and not (((neocons)))

Mmm, this is so delicious to read.

Obama's fragile, false legacy keeps unravelling more and more.

Good on ya, America.

Maybe he didn't disavow?

Official Sup Forums poll

based

Trump dumped all of Obomber's foreign diplomats when he did the same to Bush. This is not news

DRAIN THE SWAMP
R
A
I
N

THE
H
E

SWAMP
W
A
M
P

F
P
B
P

Sessions asked for their resignations and he only did so for 46. Obama fired even more. Just think about it. Sessions didn't ask for ALL Obama appointees to turn in resignations. That means Obama appointed MORE than 46 people in the DOJ. You don't get to be outraged at one of those scenarios and not the other.

i haven't seen any reports about this before Sup Forums

this is a good sign

Preet was just sitting on the Clinton Foundation case. he was sitting on the Diblasio corruption case and what the fuck about the Wiener pedo shit?

the Clinton shit has been at least 6 months or more. the fear of arkancide can be a strong motivator to stand down or he's just an Obama stooge

>Obama did it
umm, no he didn't?
>doing shit that Obama did on day 1.
nope
>Obama fired even more
that's some nice fake news you got there buddy

its funny how you retards defend what Trump did but then you accuse Obama of doing it... so if Obama did it that makes him a bad guy? hmmm well guess who actually did it... you're basically admitting that what Trump did was wrong

Trump is acting like a fucking dictator, he's going to be impeached within the next few months

I hope atun rao is on that list sick faggot deserves to be beheaded.

(you)

>leaf
>every single time

R E X
E
X

you have autism