Hello, buggers...

Let's launch our own space program?

Micro satellites arduino based
youtube.com/watch?v=_3YFJhAWFk4

Homemade rocket
youtube.com/watch?v=7E4-60ZsaPo

Another homemade rocket
youtube.com/watch?v=sQw_C5KLhFM

We could crowdfund our way trough and one lovely user could build the stuff. The development would be made with open source tech and one user would build and launch it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kdpn08HiK1c
youtube.com/watch?v=0W_3x1wW7-M
youtube.com/watch?v=kGZMDlu0nEM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What would it do tough.

why tho

what do the "scientists" from nasa do in space? really what science has been performed up there to help mankind?

A camera, a radio repater, a wifi hotspot for the anons of an area, a live stream from space, all this at a fraction of the cost of the NASA program...

Stuff like GPS and sattelite phones etc..
But that's NASA's job and not ours so I don't get what OP is trying to accomplish.

NASA invented the " Kugelschreiber " dont Know the exact word in english.

The Russian took a " Bleistift "

But lets go to Space anons.

/HWNDU/ space episode when

Even a open radio frequency for everybody to use powered by solar panels. It's hard as fuck, but not impossible. The guys here could do the CIA job for free, we can do it.

Nǒ.

Onlÿ íƒ wĕ ğĕţ ţǒ ƀlǒw ƨħíţ up wíţħ íţ ǒr ƀĕţţĕr ğuíďĕ ǒur ǒţħĕr míƨƨílĕƨ.

It's a hobbie just like building a motorcycle in your garage. Just because we can...

We could make a sputinik like satellite to ping "make america great again".

Spy on the HWNDU flag

Packet radio relay, so you can shit post from a mountain

youtube.com/watch?v=Kdpn08HiK1c

Unless there's an user near the equator to launch it, the hotspot would never be in the same spot.

youtube.com/watch?v=0W_3x1wW7-M

You need to reach about 9km/s to put something into LEO. A 100KG microsat will need roughly a rocket this big. This is SpaceX's Falcon 1, it has a payload of 180KG and cost $90Million to develop.

You have a long road ahead of you unless you use SpaceX or another company to launch your payload for you.

Well, SpaceX also used liquid propulsion. We could use solids which are cheaper and more powerful.

Yeah but our payload wont be 100 kg.
More like around 10 kg

How hard would it be to take out a satellite or the iss from the ground?

Ah - user with a sense of purpose found.

This sounds like a good idea to me now

Which would reduce the price tag to $8,000 but some anons might feel uncomfortable knowing NASA was involved in Sup Forumssat1

SpaceX's missions are mainly resupply missions so they fill it up as much as they can.

>iss
isis?

imagine

International space station

Solid fuel will give you much less deltaV than liquid. You need liquid to have the capasity to reach space. Look I'm an expert here ok, I play Kerbal Space Program. And lurk /sci/

whats that?

The smaller, more pathetic version of Space Station Freedom than NASA was planning.

Shut up stupid nigger, we're launching a rocket and there's nothing you can do about it.

I say we launch a frog into the sun as a sacrifice

>killing the physical form of kek.
Yes user I'm sure he's gonna love that sacrifice. Instead launch a snake or other frog's natural predators to appease the frog god.

Can't you just buy a launch slot on a commercial flight?

A picosatellite weights about 0,5 to 2kg.

>not just bust in SpaceX, take everyone hostage and force them to launch

It can be done, but the anonymity...

What about using a balloon-borne rocket that will go as high as possible before igniting its main engines and going into LEO? I have never heard of a proposal to this effect but I don't think its irrealistic.

Its about 3K USD per KG to launch into LEO

Nasa does that with planes. Maybe it can be accomplished

youtube.com/watch?v=kGZMDlu0nEM

Rods from God.

Balloons can go up to 120k feet while LEO is at 525k feet, that would represent a 20% reduction in rocket fuel cost. If the payload is a little satellite barely weighing anything then an amateur rocket should do the job. Keep in mind at higher altitudes gravity and drag decrease so this is the way to go.

Monitoring Ebon Bred

Honestly, LEO is LEO not because it's high, but because you have to go really fast... The vertical lift is only a fraction of what's needed to reach orbit. Most of the energy is horizontal.

Provide real-time intelligence on Syria
Early warning system on troop movements for Kekistan Island Armed Forces

Just shooting something into space is probably a bad idea.

We need to know what is up there to avoid accidentally killing the ISS or something else.

Theoretically the mathematics are known, so developing a rocket would be the biggest expense.

Prove that earth isn't round

The 9/ms figure is for a rocket taking off from earth. A rocket hanging at 45 degrees from a balloon would ignite its engines at 120k feet to give it the necessary horizontal impulse to achieve LEO. The point is that the more work is done by air balloons to fight Earth's gravity and go high, you won't need as much fuel to accomplish the same feat starting on the ground.

There will be almost certainly no anonymity if it is a broadcast satellite.

You may as well set up EME timeslots instead.

I thought about this, could you put something onto those giant balloons and then let it fly and the moment it is above your target you pop the balloon making the payload roughly drop onto desired area??

No one would hear it or see it since it's so high up above. And the payload should have some kind of a basic circuit on it just to calculate the speed so it knows when it's close to the ground and then it detonates

I'm really surprised no one has done anything like this yet

>A 100KG microsat

Dude, our satellite will be like 2-3kg tops.

But it is, otherwise the satellite would not orbit.

RARE
A
R
E

Remember when a b/tard sent up a frog with helium balloons?
Anybody have the screenshot?

let's put an imageboard in space so that no one has jurisdiction over it for the lulz

We could spring for some good cameras and turn it into a surveillance satellite.

Pretty sure the US gov't would shoot it down if they ever found out about it though.

Sup Forums cell phone service

Just want to add, i could and would write all software for this, from os to data transfer to encryption.

Anti sat laser weapon.

We need to get on this ASAP. If that cunt Shia is planing to launch a HWNDU flag into space we need to get this thing funded, build and launched so that we can attach a MAGA mini satellite to his gay satellite.

We could send a satellite jammer and replace his transmission with one of a MAGA flag :DDDDD

Make space drones, they would be more fun. Flying around in space with them n shit

Why the fuck is this shit even being discussed on Sup Forums

>Micro satellites arduino based
So you want to spend god knows how much money to shoot something into orbit, but all you're willing to learn is how to program an arduino? These things are learning toys.

>Homemade rocket
While arduinos are learning toys, these things are LITERALLY TOYS.

You have to be 18+ to use this site.

>/pol launches satellite into orbit by themselves for the sole purpose of spying on HWNDU shenanigans and Shia Lebouf