Why are millenials living in cities and spend 60% of their income on rent?

Why are millenials living in cities and spend 60% of their income on rent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ueHeDFjs0Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because they don't own cars/have no driving license and are used to living in tiny overpriced dorms

cuz goodlife

where I live, there's no way I nor any of my friends could afford a house in the suburbs

pretty much this
>within walking distance of just about everything
>my friends and I can be drunk hooligans without having to drive anywhere

because all the fucking jobs outside the city got shutdown or outsourced

comfy desu

Why is OP a faggot?

Because cities are becoming the only places with jobs, especially for the college educated.

because their parents thought them to do so - live on debt, dont own property, dont leave anything for future generations.

Because it's easier to sell drugs or have your open relationship gf bang the landlord to pay rent when you live in a city.

There is a guy in that building that waves the Jays flag during games, do you know him?

Is this you?

>1 post by this ID
why do people respond to the obvious slide threads because it says millenials in it. these threads always have up to 200 replies, and threads with discussion on other topics 404

how to spot a slide thread?
>why do millenials X
>why are millenials Y
>why dont millenials do Z

you people seriously replying are retarded. saged

So much for agenda 21

Don't worry yourself about why people live in cities. You could ask yourself a lot of questions about why humans do anything. Worry about yourself faggot.

Are you fucking stupid faggot? It's called a free market. The owners of property can only charge what people are willing to pay. Too many white communists (nat soc) on this board who don't understand the first thing about economics except , muh niggers, muh Jews.

>pol
>friends
pick one fagggot

Not me, but I do know him. We met in the dog park thats just outside my building here. My GSD was chasing down some muds that decided it would be a good idea to look German Shepherd in the eyes and run. He was laughing so hard I thought he might piss himself.

We went for beers at the Fox and Fiddle after.

you only have 1 post by ID too fag

because (((they))) pushed the meme that working for a big firm to earn a shitty pay that will never ever cover your "needs".

Financial need--->insufficient loans--->(((interest)))---> replay ad infinitum

They would probably be happier living a simpler life in a quieter place, but that's not what the (((media))) protrays as a "cool" lifestyle, so why bother right?

*the meme of

Expectation:
>le good life
>plenty of entertainment
>nightlife fun all of the time
>making it

Reality:
>smog
>losing most of your income to shlomo
>dealing with larry the crack addict on the subway
>loud as fuck

Who the fuck should I reply to Nigel?

Giovanni?

Because living in the city is coooool man. It has all the nightlife and excitement you want, and it has the GOOD JOBS.

For real though, going to the city to "make it" when you're younger is not a recent or millenial phenomenon. It's just that now the rents for living in the city are ridiculous based on the income they can earn, compared to when previous generations doing the same thing having it easier in this regard. Which is the same with nearly everything.

Because they are returning to life as proles.

JOBS

>Reality
>smog
Its a city, so yeah.
>losing most of your income to shlomo
Fun fact, if you pay more than $100/sq ft. on a house, you've been jewed. That's what it costs to build, more or less.
>dealing with larry the crack addict on the subway
What kind of rich crack addicts do you have? Around here, crack addicts put their money towards another rock rather than public transit.
>loud as fuck
Maybe on lower levels, I don't know. I live on the 34th floor, so I'm well above the noise.

Nope.

>It has all the nightlife and excitement you want
But you will never, ever have a comfey as fuck gaming room. Ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ueHeDFjs0Q

I've had a whole bunch of my friends move away to big cities, and the rest who still live here want to move to a big city. I've asked them all why and they all answer "m-muh culture muh nightlife" and that is the only reason why they're spending so much money just to live in a shit shack. Most of them aren't even in a career and they spend all their time on ordinary service industry jobs so they've got no real wage growth AND they're living in a crowded urban centre with ever increasing living expenses. So no, the reason isn't "jobs" or whatever, the people living in small and medium sized towns do fine for themselves and get 10x better living standards for a tenth of the price.

>fights, drug users and low class people on public transport
>price of public transport keeps increasing
>no parking or expensive parking if you have a car
>only office cuck or part time minimum wage service jobs
>rent is high, house prices too high
>everyone too poor to do anything other than go to cheap bars
>everyone brags about their creative hobby as if it were a real job that is bringing them success and they are making it
>noise pollution
>light pollution
>smog

I know Sup Forums jizzes over country and rural life, but it really isn't for me.

I'm not an introvert and autistic like you guys. I actually enjoy being around people. I'm moving to the city the first chance I get.

Realistically, what's the alternative? Everything has been concentrated into cities. I don't even know what people in rural areas do other than farming.

Perfect example: It's the only reason. The people moving for work are a tiny minority of the young people moving to big cities.

it's $100 a sqft + land cost for a decent well built house.

I live just below the edge of the bottom left of the photo and probably pay half as much as you per month.

There's nothing noble about disappearing into the country and not being active and social.

Also, the only way to convert cities into being more conservative is to actually move there and redpill people.
The cities are the front line in this battle, and moving to the country is essentially admitting defeat.

Moving out to the country is something you do when you're like 50 or 60 and actually accomplished something in life.

Because they're stubborn idiots

>not being active and social

Confirmed retard who has never lived in a small or medium sized town. You have just as many social outlets such as pubs, hobby and sports clubs, work mates, neighbors, religious outlets if that's your thing etc as you do anywhere else. What uncultured millennial retards think "socializing" is about, is getting so drunk you can't hold a conversation and then passing out in your own vomit while your "friends" film it, and the best place for that is a big city.

I came up from a small village in Newfoundland, so let me enlighten you.

Yes, farming is one thing. Then you also have backyard mechanics, fishing, construction, and government work. Anything other than that, you have to drive a ways to get to some sort of hub where you can do other stuff like service sector and all that.

Recreation is all about the outdoors. Quads, hiking, hunting, trapping, fishing, foraging and other stuff too. Once all that bores you to tears, you go to the bar, drink way more than you should, and then play "Are We Related?" with whatever piece of ass you eyeballed. First and second cousins are off limits unless you're really fucked up, or you don't mind being called a sister fucker for a few years.

But really, it can be broken down simply. Remember the meetup threads from /soc/ and Sup Forums? Fight, fuck, smoke, drink, drugs. That's life in rural Canada anyway.

I'm a cook in a farming community of about 30k people. It's good honest work and my rent is cheap. Looking to buy a house next year.

I'm an extrovert that grew up in a big city with hundreds of friends and social hobbies and now I prefer living in the outskirts of a smaller city. You will see why big cities are trash one day.

closed the tab because i thought thread died . unfortunately seems i was wrong
threads that have an active OP, threads that don't have nebulous open ended questions about some dumb topic like women or millenials tend not to be slide threads.

I wouldnt be shocked if you paid $85 per month. That's what the government asked for in order for these buildings to be developed in the first place. 20% of units in these buildings are Toronto Community Housing. See all the niggers and muds walking out of the buildings? They're not buying drugs from some upscale dealer. They fucking live here. $85/month.

>Look guys, this user managed to post from the 1990's!

OK m8 you go run off to the country while jews indoctrinate the population centers.

Then when that small town you like so much becomes a big city, they'll destroy that too.
Until we have to retreat further and further into the center of the country and are eventually cornered.

If you can't see why it's important to live in the city or at least within driving distance of a major city, and only think "Yeah man fuck normies they just want to get drunk," then I don't know what to tell you.

Go off to the country and LARP as a frontiersman or some shit while your country is getting its mind poisoned.
It's this kind of mentality why we are losing and (((they))) are winning.

That's a nice view of tongwongto.

kill yourself

Why would anyone move to an overpopulated city with all of it's downfalls to redpill people?

Do you ever hear your neighbours through the walls?

Because it may be hard to believe, but I find socializing with people fun, even if they are bluepilled normies. And it's far easier to meet people in the city than in a small town with 500 people and half the people there are over 75.

Unlike most people on Sup Forums, I don't tip my fedora and look down on people because they don't have the same interests or political views as I do.

>Why are millenials living in cities and spend 60% of their income on rent?
No idea. I live in my parents' house, which is huge, I just changed 40% of the house and made it into a separate apartment.

I work online for an International company. What I make is decent even for the USA, let alone for Slovenia.

Zero debt, no rent, health insurance is laughably low, pay almost no taxes... make as much as a physician makes while doing a meme job from home

Life is good :) Git gud at it

No, you just hide your views and pretend to share the same inane beliefs that all of your friends do.

pic is taken 1km from where I live
I have optic fiber, 100% reliable Internet

Can you tell me why living in "The First World" is so good and not only a meme=?

Oh sweet Lord Kek, tongwongto had we spitting my homo milk out my nose. It's so fucking true. The city has become Chink-Gook-Ching-Chong Central.

If they're yelling at the top of their lungs at each other, I can faintly hear it. Concrete walls with minor soundproofing. The worst point is Right by the front door because obviously doors arent designed to be soundproof.

>no gun ranges
>no race tracks
>all fun activities are outside the city
>paying for parking out the ass

>muh food
>muh bars
>muh clubs

Disgusting. The only benefit to living I the city is to be close to work. Paying 1$ million for a shipping container is absurd.

Dude you're like so full of yourself.

Stop thinking everyone on here is an autist with no friends. I have hundreds of friends, used to be thousands of friends when I was a promoter. It doesn't even relate to the question I was asking... Why should someone put up with the downsides of living in a big city just to try and redpill people? Do you think people would be successful in redpilling people? Because from what I've read living in big cities actually makes people turn left.

Because the Protocols of the Elders of Zion indicate that the Jews have been pushing humanity to urbanize and assimilate into a raceless, atomized, consumerist mass of goy cattle.

why the fuck gibs on neets get to live in one of the most expensive areas in the world is beyond me

you should be fucking starving in thunder bay

I prefer living in the city (I work in Toronto) and I hold far right views.

Canadians are not political, they are just conformists. I just don't speak to people who are boring, and it usually has nothing to do with politics. People, right, left, or centre here, have a shallow view of the world. That doesn't mean that they can't be amusing company.

because they've been trained to do so

they've been raised to willingly trade freedom for security

what neetbux do yo uhave

>34th floor
>above the noise

what are sirens?

Right but land gives you a space to design and build your own house

Sort of this except I'm actually pretty introverted.

I guess I'm just more used to city life since I grew up in a city. I never really felt at home in rural areas.

>all fun activities are outside the city

What are?:
>Museums
>Zoos
>Theaters
>Parks
>Sports venues

Even if you go new construction neighborhood, you may be able to get a house for $100sq ft but that means they bought the land wholesale, then constructed the house for $60 a sqft or less in order to still make a profit as that price point. $60 a sq ft houses have thinnest slab and other corners cut to build for that price resulting in a poor quality house. Older houses at that price point have repairs.
A decent house should be $100sq ft + land cost which should come to around $110-$120 a square foot.

If you new construct based on your own design, it would be $80-$100 a sqft for the build using a contractor then the land cost plus utilities installed which would still bring you to around about the $120 mark but you'd have a custom home.

So imo if you pay more than $120 a sqft you have been jewed.

Been asking myself that question for years OP.

Friends of mine moved to inner city Melbourne for "muh nightlife" and "muh culture", but both have low paying jobs they dislike which hardly gives them spare cash to enjoy any perks of living inner city anyway.

I decided not to fall for the city meme. I'm 40 minutes from Melbourne CBD and work about 20 minutes from my house. I have a big shopping centre with everything I need, great beaches, less overall congestion, and the best part is while they're paying 530 a week in rent, I'm paying 400 a week on a mortgage on my own home.

The one thing the city has is good choices for food, but on the odd occasion I eat out it's only 40 minutes. It still takes my friends who are 9km from the city 25min due to the horrible traffic.

If you dont have to work in the city, fuck living there imo

because that is the plan for all humankind.
1984 is rel friendo.

Hollywood
Zuckerburg
State normailizing seemingly arbitrary arrest

Why do people put such an emphasis on material wealth such as more stuff, or bigger houses? All I need are the essentials, a small-medium house, and a good job (unfortunately for me, software jobs are usually concentrated on big cities).

calm down

because no jobs for postgrads in the farmlands

This is great tho.

Living in a rural town myself, and i'm glad that all the retards and faggots gather in those overcrowded cities.

Let them rot and fester.
When the war starts and the food shortage hits, they'll be the first to go.

That's not what's going on man, everything from negative gearing- ("which uses tax dollars to subsidies home buyers a percentage of their income/mortgage ratio"); to zoning laws used in the US and enforced by governs, local officials, etc. to resist new home construction. Yea you don't have a fuck what's going on, just like everyone else INCLUDING myself. Just shut the fuck up shit lord.

>tfw you can have all that and fit it on a 128GB flash drive
come at me

If you love the city then you live in the suburbs so you can afford more of it.

Cities are shit. Guardian games in Portland barely fires off two draft pods on Saturdays.

Meanwhile, each of the 5 cool stuff locations in Orlando get enough people to run weekly half case standard tournaments for fucking pokemon. Magic is packed to capacity.

If you want to have fun, you move to a tourist city. Orlando was literally a swamp until Disney built his park, and then the entire city was built around this economy of fun. All the businesses are further propped up by tourism dollars.

theaters
>paying for jewish indoctrination
museums
>wow I can't wait to look at old shit
zoos
>just head to Jane & Finch
sports venues
>wow I can't wait to watch niggers throw a ball around

City:

>Educated people

>No racists

>Lots of different cuisines

>Always something to do

>Always meeting new people

Rural retards:

>Racists

>Inbred

>Drives big gas guzzling pickup trucks

>Conservatives

>Uneducated

All the colleges and universities are in cities. Rent is so expensive because millionaire chinks drove housings costs through the roof. I can't wait for a war with China and chinamen internment camps.

((culture))

>look i can watch faggots fist each other in the street! so tolerant! so progressive!

If you're a single guy under 35 and not living in a city, you're doing it wrong. And I grew up in a suburb so don't even try to tell me different. I got the fuck out of there at 18. Suburbs are great to raise a family or to wait to die, but for a young man? Fuuuuuuuuuuuck that noise. I get depressed every time I go back to visit my parents.

>jerbs

>being a bluepilled sports fag and wasting this much time playing dress up and putting your little hat and shirt on and blue flag up.
>literally pointless
>actually is wearing cuck glasses

Post-grad millennial here. I went to college in the big city (San Francisco), and couldn't wait to get out when all was said and done. I'll take the pay cut in exchange for the calm and better values one finds in a small town.

what do you do for work?

But they aren't? Studies show that 43-50% of 18-30 year olds still live at home.

>paying for jewish indoctrination
There's plenty of movie theaters that'll play classic, foreign, or arthouse movies. Then stage theaters you can see musicals or opera, listen to a classical orchestra, or plays

>>wow I can't wait to look at old shit
>Not appreciating art or history
>Being this much of an uneducated pleb

>just head to Jane & Finch
You can watch niggers interacting on World Star. Besides, actual monkeys are more interesting

>wow I can't wait to watch niggers throw a ball around
Have you never gone to a baseball game?

Suburbs are the worst out of the 3 areas due to not being good at any form of entertainment. Cities have horrible congestion but have a very good nightlife, country areas have space and outdoor activities but no nightlife and suburbs have a sizable portion of the congestion of the city, no outdoor recreation other than the community park (which will always be packed) and no nightlife either (having to travel to the city for it doesnt give points to the suburb) min/max m8.

>Have you never gone to a baseball game?
No because I'm not a faggot

And I like museums and shit but that's a pretty weak argument to make about living in a city sized toilet like Toronto.
Also
>paying for movies

Also I have a broadband connection why the fuck would I need to go to a ((((((museum))))) to look at art or read historical texts
What do you still rent DVDs too dipshit?

>and are eventually cornered.
You are retarded as shit

>No because I'm not a faggot
Great rebuttal champ!

>paying for movies
Unless you're rich enough to build your own theater then you won't get as full of an experience. Besides, it's nice to actually go out to see a movie and get dinner someplace afterwards.

>Also I have a broadband connection why the fuck would I need to go to a ((((((museum))))) to look at art
Looking at pictures online simply isn't comparable to seeing it in person. You wouldn't say you know what being inside the Vatican was like just from looking at pictures of it.

Slovenia is pretty based. I want to move there and work remotely (software engineer). How do I come to your country legally friend? And how hard is the language to learn?

>zoo
Not in downtown toronto
>museum
The ROM is a weekend trip thing, nothing special either
>parks
Nothing in downtown toronto
>sport venues
Again, a weekend thing, in and out once it's done

Sounds like Toronto is just a shit city then

Yeah I totally want the full experience of paying $10 just to get in, getting jewed for snacks, sitting in a smelly theater room with sticky floors and niggers and then having to tip some snooty waitress cunt

>wanting to go to the Vatican
fuck the pope

Maybe you should stop being a poorfag