Liberals used to be really funny. What happened?

They used to corner the market on humor! now they are genuinely unfunny. The worst of it is that it isnt the kind of unfunny shit you can live with... its the self-aware shit that makes you wince and pisses you off at the same time, and the assholes have no clue they are unfunny!

Have any of you guys noticed this?

Also Ive noticed that left leaning posters here on Sup Forums when they argue with somebody use this grating type of banter that really makes me mad. It is this kind of cutsy, falsely unlettered, folksy shit that I just cannot stand. Do any of you guys see this shit as well?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AdNAhlqnxA0
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4PC8Luqiws
youtube.com/watch?v=8-9G6SJVM3Y
theonion.com/article/shirtless-biden-washes-trans-am-in-white-house-dri-2718
theonion.com/article/biden-scores-800-feet-of-copper-wire-31013
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/19/463535648/area-satiric-publication-the-onion-sold-to-univision-seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=G1dmVaxCnAs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's mostly that they make political jokes constantly and it alienates half the audience because of the US or them mentality.

they tend to live in a bubble now so they believe everyone likes Trump jokes shoved down their throat

They outlawed comedy bc everything has to be inoffensive and politically correct. But that's shit ain't funny, it's impossible to make it funny.

The sad thing is, there are zero funny right wing comedians. This is why the right is so anti comedy.

The cutsey shit is because leftists think they 100% right about everything and cosntantly sniff their own farts. That's why they talk down to you like your retarded just over disagreeing because to them, it's SO OBVIOUS that they're right because they don't believe it's even possible for them to ever be wrong.

Combined with this they are absolutely incapable of being funny anymore. Pewdiepie was an excellent example of this.

i've always loved the segment on outsourcing

>there are zero funny right wing comedians
Nope. There are zero right wing stand up comics because it's a really shitty line of business, and right wingers place a high priority on getting paid.

If you're right wing and you like being funny.
1. Go into radio, there's way more money in it than standing around at some jerkoff comedy club.

2. Forget about comedy and use your public speaking skill to be a televangelist, which is similar work and much more lucrative.

3. Forget about comedy and get a real fucking job. You can tell jokes at work if you need to.

See? Couldn't even name one.

Also comedy is a meritocracy bro.

There is only one Leftist joke. Let me tell it.
"Hey, look at those guys over there! They're not as smart/moral as us!"

bill burr, watch his interviews on conan
pretty conservative overall

>comedy is a meritocracy
>amy schumer
ok

There are funny people, like Steven Crowder and Dick Masterson.

I think conservatives don't get into stand-up though because comedy clubs are ONLY in cities and the bigger, better clubs are all in the biggest cities which are all extremely liberal and would not tolerate jokes that would offend them.

Your only real option as a funny conservative is to do stuff online or in radio.

>Also Ive noticed that left leaning posters here on Sup Forums when they argue with somebody use this grating type of banter that really makes me mad. It is this kind of cutsy, falsely unlettered, folksy shit that I just cannot stand. Do any of you guys see this shit as well?
All the time. I assume it's meant to make people angry while letting them appear reasonable when you take it out of context, but honestly, calling people sweetie is not a substitute for facts.

>I think conservatives don't get into stand-up though because comedy clubs are ONLY in cities
Sam Hyde went to the belly of the beast. But seriously, it doesn't pay. And if you are able to work a room there are better ways to use that skill.

>meritocracy
>full of women
Doesn't add up, dude. It could be that nobody cares about stand up comics and watches Youtube instead now. So the right wing, being more interested in results than being a loser, goes to Youtube and social media in general to make funny commentary on society.

Meanwhile, stand up comics do the comedy circuit at universities and can't even mention the fact that trannies are yuck or they lose all their income + start a riot.

anti trump tho

Try harder.

univision bought the onion during hillary campaign

just an fyi

>Steven Crowder
>Still making harambe jokes in 2017
>funny

Oh I get it. You don't know what funny is.

Probably because "trannies are yuck" isn't really a punchline.

Leftists started making certain topics taboo to even question.

Back in the 90s when theonion was still in Madison, and Madison wasn't as big a pozzhole clusterfuck as it is today theonion was funny. Back when they had Jim Anchower, Herman T. Zweibel, Jean Teasdale, and Herbert Kornfeld.

you can't be overtly pro-trump and keep your job

it got bought like 2 years ago and has been shit since

I'm not personally a big fan. Sometimes he's funny though. Didn't know he was still making fucking harambe jokes. That's pathetic.

I've been glad that my favorite comedians Tom Segura/Christina Pazsitzky haven't talked much about politics but every fucking once in a while they just have to throw in some fucking jab at Trump and it makes me groan.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Most comedy is about finding the funny side of things that are depressing. Nothing more depressing than a pre-suicide tranny. But trying to negate the sadness of these freaks with laughter will literally start a riot. Stand up comedy is dead.

Alex Jones

Check and mate.

this onion piece made me chuckle

Thats because the right has caved so fucking hard on social issues. Look at this board, nigger this and jew that, mudslime this and faggot that- but you fucks cant just come out and say it in public.

you're moving the goalposts which means you've admitted your original statement is false

youtu.be/AdNAhlqnxA0

George Carlin net worth: $10 Million.

Lewis Black · Net worth
$1.50 million USD

Jon Stewart · Net worth
$80 million USD

Stephen Colbert · Net worth
$45 million USD

They became the establishment. Everyone used to make fun of christcucks until the far left became the equivalent of them

Sweetie, it's only a matter of time until Drumpf is impeached and madam president takes charge.

Say it with me:
MADAM PRESIDENT

I still get a few keks out of the onion every now and then. They're nowhere near as funny as they used to be though.

>Mitch McConell's throat blowing up to show his dominance over other senate males
>Paul Ryan being mildly impressed by a protester who could match his morning jog pace

The Onion got purchased a while back. They started pushing pro-Hillary humor and that's when it died

The writers are all jews. They went from calm before the election to full panic mode.

It looks like you offended a tranny

right wing people do more laughing, however.

we just don't need to be TOLD when to laugh.

Because it would start a riot.

Also, threadly reminder The Onion named the Jew
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4PC8Luqiws

he takes like a full minute to get to the first joke, jesus thats terrible. Youre supposed to start with some kind of zinger, something to warm the crow. They hate him before he ven says anything, jesus I hope this is super early sam hyde.

They lack Frame because they are ISBCs (Insecure Smarmy Beta Cucks), and because of that all their jokes become TVPADs (Thinly Veiled Passive Aggressive Disses) aimed at SVTVS (Self Validation Through Virtue Signaling). This makes them utterly insufferable to people with Frame and Self Confidence. It's like hanging out with a friend who makes all your friendship activities from throwing the pigskin to Bro Anal about how his recently divorced wife is a bitch.

>Liberals used to be really funny. What happened?
They got into power.

This guy was in power and normies had not yet embraced a 100% internet-centric life
Twitter
>March 21, 2006
Facebook
>February 2004
Reddit
>June 23, 2005

Bush could take a joke, and social media was just starting to explode at the end of his presidency.

8 years of being unable to critisize King Nigger lest you be subject to the scorn of social media created a vacuum of unfunny comedians.

Watch any of the 'liberal' comedians today. Any of the political comedians like Oliver, Maher, Colbert, Kimmel, Noah, etc.

Whenever they make the generic Trump joke #143243242342, they aren't met with laughter.

They're met with applause. Sometimes it's a couple seconds of laughter then overwhelming applause. The audience isn't there to hear a joke, laugh, and have a good time. They're there to hear someone spout the same opinions as them, and their cheers aren't them saying 'wow, what a good joke, that sure was funny!', it's them saying 'you are stating the correct political opinion, good job!'

Right-wing Sup Forums Memes are the new comedy and the left is visibly worried about it

Comedians can say whatever the fuck they want, they arent politicians.

They cant say it because they wouldnt make money off it and no one would pay to go see them. Just admit you guys are collectively hiding your ideas like bitches.

2012-2013 seem to be the last good stuff from what I can tell. Joad Cressbeckler was great

youtube.com/watch?v=8-9G6SJVM3Y

Their Diamond Joe series was early South Park tier.

theonion.com/article/shirtless-biden-washes-trans-am-in-white-house-dri-2718

theonion.com/article/biden-scores-800-feet-of-copper-wire-31013

I felt like 90s comedy was more balanced, you had Norm McDonald and Dennis Miller on SNL AND the comedy was generally liberal.

The 00s comedy was mainly a understandable counterculture versus Bush and Iraq War.

The funny thing though, is it never switched back. Like if Democrats were constantly lampooned for losing and being losers and Obama was treated well that would be one thing but 2008-2016 really never stopped being a mock Republicans and idiots in trailer parks and Twitter feuds with Kardashians that it was in the 00's. 00-16 was just ideologically just a big blob.

Now, it appears like 2017-24 will just be a anti-Trumpublican whinefest and everyone will just go to rooting for a Democrat comeback in the media with absolutely no balance.

what are the right wing talk show hosts met with?

>you are stating the correct political opinion, good job

Liberal comedians were never fun. Liberals just watch their shows and get a good vibe when the comedian says something they agree with.

The only time i ever laughed at a liberal's jokes is when they're about creationists/biblefags.

Liberals used to be the edgy ones that told offensive commentary

Then liberals became social justice warrior sensitive retards

That caused people to become conservative and the offensive ones

In 15 years when the left self-correct the tide will turn again, but not fully and the new norm will become slightly more left

You're all fighting a losing battle and its like that one general said about the civil war and the north winning, you're going to lose because its not an impassioned one you can fight but a slow one that moves like a massive wave moving everything in its path gradually, so don't get too hyped up over this shit and Trump and instead invest time focusing on yourself and building yourself up

They were never all that funny with political jokes, you just grew up and realized it was targeted propaganda. Going political as a comedian is like cashing out, you ostracize a bunch of fans with your views with a cheap confirmation bias laugh from the other fans.

I wasnt trying to say conservatives are funny when I made this post... Conservatives as a rule take themselves way too seriously. All I was saying is that the world of comedy in America is in my opinion dying. What makes it worse is the forced laughter and agenda. Take Amy Schumer for example. She was pushed and is pushed by the media so intensely that it is strange. She is genuinely not funny, and yet she is praised by everyone. She also is a joke thief and she did not get any crap for that.

Also all of these hot tub time machine bullshit flicks are getting old. DOnt get me wrong, I love a Billy Madison type flick, but they are getting less funny and more weird.

Oh and these girl comedy films drive me nuts. They always have those slow motion sequences with the group of women walking towards the camera. they think it looks "Fierce" and "sexy".

you now remember 2006 era cracked

he tries to be, but it always alienates the audience so he makes fun of both to seem neutral but he said on his podcast that anything is ok as long as not hillary made me jizz

They selfcensored.

Dick Masterson got old a long time ago.

Cracked used to be fucking awesome. Swaim and Seanbaby were great.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

Trips of truth confirm

>It is this kind of cutsy, falsely unlettered, folksy shit that I just cannot stand

Holy shit yes, you fucking nailed it. I can't stand that shit. It's basically the typing style of reddit personified; that passive-aggressive snarky tone that implies their utter superiority.. Makes me so mad.

Oh, god, are you using that bullshit "celebrity net worth" website for these numbers? I know for a fact it's bullshit. I know a musician on there, and they WAY underestimated his net worth, because they could only add up album sales and guess.

It is literally impossible to tell a celebrity's net worth, unless they tell you. They cannot and do not take into account taxes, what they spend, and what other investments and debts they have. They just look at IMDB and guess.

Oh, youre just getting old man. Just start watching the actual news. Talkshows and comedy commentary is pretty bad right now.

They were never that great but it was new.

PC culture

Look back at the 80s and 90s and you can still find a plethora of comedians and sitcoms that, despite having a bit of a liberal bias, were still more than willing to make jokes at liberals effects and poke fun at political correctness. As PC culture as expanded and dug its claws into every aspect of Western entertainment, that willingness to make light of the Left and of political correctness has been extinguished.

Comedians who aren't willing to make fun of themselves or their own views aren't funny.

They became the fundamentalists. Most young right wingers are pretty laid back outside of Sup Forums. You can actually joke with them. With the left you have to walk on eggshells because they police humor.

It's funny because the left used to look up to people like Lenny Bruce. Now they'd be the ones going after him.

Insightful

they got slowly infiltrated by communists starting in the sixties and now they've been completely taken over. there's nothing funny about communism.

>The Onion use to be funny
That's because leftist Univision bought them last year.

>npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/19/463535648/area-satiric-publication-the-onion-sold-to-univision-seriously

Trump isn't a conservative though.

whatdaya want me to do? Pull shit out of my ass? Its not rocket science but its the best we got. Some of these guys have Ferrari's, his claim comedians cant make bank was ridiculous

thats actually a good example, They arent really political, but they sometimes have conservative messages.

They're on the radio, so phonecalls

I don't think you can honestly view them as right wing. While they have always harped on both sides of politics, it became clear that they were pushing for Clinton pretty hard towards the end of the election.

What? Could you imagine Sam Kinison circa the late-80's doing a Bruce Jenner routine?

>Imagine gettin' this tranny dyke back to your place... I mean you're fuckin' DRUNK, you're halfway fuckin' blind because you drank some tub-brew shit your friend made to save money, so you got this fuckin' freak on your bed, she sucks the HELL out of your dick and it's going GREAT...

>then...

>then...

>(Sam pantomimes the pulling down of pants)

>YOU PULL DOWN HER PANTS AND THERE'S A FUCKIN' COCK STARING YOU IN THE FUCKIN' FACE OH!!!!! OH!!!!!!! OH!!!!!!"

It's true. Sad, but true. I watched Colbert and Stewart on and off for a few years, when they had some good stuff. Tuned into their replacements and found nothing but regurgitation of "Trump did this, Trump is and idiot." I can listen to other views, but there comes a point where you need to move on to other topics, not because of hatred, but because the dead horse has been beat enough.

How about not posting bullshit numbers? The best you got is irrelevant and meaningless.

Autistic people aren't known for their ability to process humour or irony or parody, because they take everything at literal face value, and seeing as most of this board consists mainly of autists.............

I thionk its mostly that they hate PC culture.

I dont really know about recently since I havent watched SP in ten years.

>tfw no seanbaby vidya reviews

That was the downfall of Air America. Great talent, but it was just show after show complaining about Bush. It wasn't funny, entertaining, or engaging.

Conservatives have issues being comics, liberals have issues running talk shows. They're getting better, and there are outliers like Mahr, but most liberal radio talk shows blow goats.

No I think you just have the sense of humor of a woman.

Are you kidding? They are left-wing as fuck, a bunch of Hillary cucks. They do like blasphemy and that sort of thing, so they have some of that right-wing hatred. But they are still cucks.

They started taking themselves seriously.

>Hate PC culture
>Push the PC political candidate

Almost certain Matt and Trey are cux

if it would make you happy I could go find a breitbart article claiming that Jerry Seinfeld makes on average 18k per year and will soon have to apply for foodstamps.

Sorry for the fake news on such a serious issue.

>all humor derived from television and normie comics
>suddenly Internet
>everyone can bullshit and generate content anonymously
>the suddenly forced, contrived, controlled normie humor is now unpalatable and cringey

If you haven't noticed /pol memes pretty much are all the comedy left that isn't retard-tier "muh vagina" shit.

This is unironically smart.

>Liberals used to be really funny.

They were literally never funny.

>What happened?

You grew up and realized you were being brainwashed into being made that liberals are funny, early in your childhood. Then you realized it was just political nepotism and leftist agitprop infiltrating every facet of your life.

Theres always a middleground

youtube.com/watch?v=G1dmVaxCnAs

So true

burr is a race mixing, globalist creep just like his buddy joe rogan. Sorry to break it to you.

Honestly, you'll hear funnier stuff here, from frat boys, from militaryfags and even memepages on Facebook and twitter, than anything a room full of writers in NYC or LA, can come up with.

Liberals were never funny.

He was saying it doesnt pay to try and bring right-wing comedy to traditional venues. Then you came along and listed a bunch of left-wing comedians.

B-but just yesterday Andy Collins on BBC Three Counties Radio said Trump and Brexit marked the golden age of satire.

They would get fired and lose their sponsors and deals, just look at what happened to Sam Hyde and Pewdiepie for what wasn't even explicit racism

>you're being so paranoid, learn to take a joke lmao