John Greene's World History Crash Course

I know John Greene is a cuck SJW psycho, but has anyone ever actually watched his world history crash course series? I have recently become very interested in history, but I am a "big picture first" kind of learner so I want to get a brief synopsis of all of world history first, then I'll start diving deeper with different sources. Does John Greene fill his crash course full of SJW bullshit the whole way through? Or would you consider it mostly legitimate for someone who has almost no grasp of history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YQiW_l848t8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I watched these in high school. I don't watch them anymore. That's all I know

Well, he's fairly accurate as far as big picture things though, if you can fucking stomach him. Why not listen to less annoying podcasts? Try Hardcore History by Dan Carlin.

He says history is way to eurocentric (aka white), even though that's were most of the world's most important events happened.

This. Literally listening to him now. He has a ton of great stuff and once you start getting into it you start to recognize the patterns yourself.

I like John Green. His crash course lectures are fun. I really enjoy vlog brothers. He's good people even if he's a bit of a pearl clutching lefty. Don't be so paranoid user.

When I used to watch it, I used to wonder if he was spinning things with a leftist slant, it always seemed that way. That, or the "reality has a liberal bias maymay" is true.

When I've watched episodes the subjects of which I've studied at university in the past I've found many errors and glaring omissions.

I've watched it. He jammed Greeks and Persians into one episode and basically said the Persians were better because Greeks had slave.
I will homeschool my children in history just to make sure they know to ignore this crap.

There are many many cuckish leftish undertones. Wouldnt recommend it. Im sure something better exists out there.

It's absolute shit and this thread, and everyone here supporting John Green's ideological diatribe, is why /lit/ despises Sup Forums. People like you give all of us bad reputation.

Why would you waste your time on his shit when you KNOW he's biased? Jesus Christ.

Hardcore History doesn't seem to have anything like the crash course. I need something that's a QUICK RUNDOWN

But I'll definitely check it out later.

I'm half paranoid, which is why I'm asking here. I just don't want to waste my time if over a third of what I'm gonna hear is muh women muh whites are bad

>implying the cucks at /lit/ don't love John "Dick Cheerios" Green

Because I want a QUICK RUNDOWN of history, and this seems like the quickest of all the rundowns. I'm gonna definitely dig deeper afterwards

My degenerate mentally ill ex was way into this guy. Bought his gay little DFTBA posters abd everything. Turns out he is the ultimate beta turbocuck, pic related.

Needless to say, I dropped that bitch like it was hot.

Also I heard he throws weird pool parties for teenagers and acts as a "chaperone".

He's a fag and so is OP

I used to watch it, but it's really "babbys first history lesson" tier, and not something worth lending intellectual credence to.

If you want some real history, listen to Dan Carlin.

What are his credentials to be teaching people he's probably just reading off a script made from a Wikipedia article

It's often biased and ridiculously simple, like his Crusades series. No Muslim Conquests series.

No, they don't. John Green is mostly mocked by everyone for being third rate writer. No one takes him seriously. Not even lefty-/lit/.

Read The Sovereign Individual or Sapiens for dat big picture shit

you want history? I'll give you history.

youtube.com/watch?v=YQiW_l848t8

That pic always annoys me, are they so willingly ignorant of pic related?

real history

No
Big picture:
For most of history, humans were weak and nigger-tier. A few niggers around the globe decided to start farming instead of hunting/gathering, and for some reason we call them the "ancient civilizations" and hold them to a very high esteem. They pretty much all collapsed at the end of the bronze age, and midway through the iron age the real civilizations (that is, European civilizations) began to rise and create the world as we know it today. Noble societies naturally developed, and some nobles assumed power greater than their neighbors. Their greatest fault would prove to be that they sided with the masses, who systemically wrecked their own civilizations. Democracy is the ugly death rattle of the west. We are headed back to the dark ages.

It's very shallow.

He makes snide little "history so white, male, Eurocentric" remarks, however the general ideas he goes through are okay.

I recommend Epic History on youtube, they do not have many videos though.

But you mare probably better off looking at Khan Academy or something free on Coursera if you're serious.

this is something I don't disagree with

I would love to learn more about the native american cultures and the absolutely fucking ancient Indus valley civilisation. Plus the eurocentrism means that everything is looked at through a philosophically materialist lens. It's crazy that you can pick up a book about philosophy and it doesn't mention the ancient Hindu schools or Buddhism once

This cuckold is hated by /lit/, /his/ and Sup Forums.

Genuinely makes you cerebrate.

>iron age the real civilizations (that is, European civilizations)
what about China

the big picture of history shows itself in the details. Read books about specific fields like the crusades, Italian city republics, Norman administration etc.

I have watched the entire thing, it's coming from an extremely leftist lens but it isn't to the point of propaganda. I think it's good to expose yourself to opposing ideologies.

Hell yeah, thanks bros!

If you are already red pilled its fine. You can clearly identify the bullshit parts, and most of the bullshit consists of short qualifiers before or after the chunk of information.

The later on into history that it gets, the more strong black women and feminists there are, so feel free to drop out after the french revolution.

It is literally baby's first history lesson, so immediately fuck off and read some actual history, and use this as a way of getting a feeling for which era you'd be most interested in.

you mean like a fractal and shit?

DUDE MONGOLS LMAO

>humans were weak and nigger-tier
Incorrect.

European hunter-gatherers were larger, stronger and had greater brain volume than modern man. Agriculture made us individually weaker, but allowed us more time to innovate, which we excelled at. Ironically, the innovation lead to increasingly easier lives, which meant less selective pressure for higher intelligence and physicality. Increased reliance on grain also made for a less-nutritious diet, which lead to less healthy offspring, and so on.

His eyes carry this soulless patronizing glare and fish-mouthed rabble. Even his jumpcut, lameass jokes don't appear to excite him or anyone. It's the eyebrows I think. They don't move. Plus he blinks like a comedian waiting for a laugh.

mods pleae delete this

sage