Christianity denominations

i've recently taken a liking to christianity as a whole and i think i want to convert and actually start going to church. problem is im overwhelmed with all the different denominations. what's the best one Sup Forums? i already know i dont want anything to do with the child-fucking catholics, or any southern baptist/methodist nigger shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/42-Cellar-Doors-Question-Everyone-ebook/dp/B06W5DNHDZ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489288921&sr=8-1&keywords=42 cellar doors
reasonablefaith.org/defenders-3-podcast/s3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ALL RELIGION is a form of cult and manipulation, spirituality is real and love is the only way to evolve, you seek the law of one brother, love and light be with you.

Personally I feel it comes down to the preacher. Much more important than what denomination you choose. Protestants are good and have nice cermonies, but the guy talking is the most important part. Talk to the preacher at your church before deciding maybe.

dont join a religion mate. not worth it.

>I already know i dont want anything to do with the child-fucking catholics

Okay, have fun sucking Israeli dick in whatever Protestant sect you join.

Join the Lutheran denomination, we dislike jews

its a dying religion. completely irrational. immoral. discarded long ago. etc

he was redpilled on the jq by his wife
proven by letters

Mormonism is pretty comfy desu senpai.

Martin Luther was a great man.

Protestant for life.

Oh, fuck. Another underage retard fell for the christfag meme.
Listen, 99% of us here are atheists. Those people calling you a cuck for not worshipping a dead kike were trolls.

Obviously orthodox. All other dominations are straying away from what Christianity was meant to be originally.

But to give you some real advice, all religion is just bs, but hey, whatever makes you happy, right?

-107AD

Begone, Demon!

bump

t. reddit

Fuck off r/atheism, Sup Forums has had Christian Generals before you even knew Sup Forums existed

"Christian Generals"

LMAO gtfo you autistic troll

>i've recently taken a liking to christianity as a whole and i think i want to convet
Did you catch a case of stupid?

Calvinist here. Everything else is just muh fee fees

LCMS is the best choice in USA

>Is a newfag
>Doesn't realize Sup Forums had Christian Generals every single week since 2011
>'lol u trolling'
Back to plebbit. You do not belong here.

>shitposting threads have made for a long time
>that means they're good
Fuck off.

Even if there were "Christian Generals", it wouldn't even matter.
get a life loser.

There has always been a small contingent of shitposting atheists but they're in the vast minority. Unfortunately we've collected a few more since /The_Donald trash started migrating over. It doesn't change the fact Sup Forums is and always has been a Christian board. Period. Get the fuck out if you don't like it you fedora wearing faggot

The heart is deceitful above all things. - Jeremiah 17:9

Spirituality without any structure or principles can't hold up a country.

Religion is dying. Don't try and save it. It is obsolete.

Reminder that atheism is why Sweden is imploding. Christian values are what holds western nations together, without them you end up at the mercy of leftists who are overwhelmingly atheist. Degenerates despise God.

First post faggot post.

>Reddit cancer spotted.
Get the fuck back and fucking STAY THERE.

I've been to Southern Baptist, Catholic, and Brethren church. Brethren churches generally seem the most genuine, oriented around simple living and service to others.

Cultural christians are worse than atheists. I bet you pretend to be catholic

It's really difficult, as Reformed (Presbyterian) our denominations have gone two ways, very liberal and borderline Unitarians that almost reject the divinity of Christ or Evangelical. I hate both sides and just wish people would go back to how we used to be without getting entangled in this stupid modernist shit which both the Evangelicals and Liberals are an aspect of. Orthodoxy, which someone will undoubtedly suggest in this thread, is interesting in theory, while I would disagree with some minor theological aspects, but it is seriously LARPing unless you're some kind of ethnic thing.

Lutherans are even more liberal than us, they completely shed all ethnic ties to their traditionally Scandinavian or German backgrounds and now are these vague husk of a church.

Whites are dying, dont try to save them.

>Religion is dying.

Actually atheism is dying by polls.

Fedorafags in Europe decided to kill Christianity, and now their grandchildren will be Muslim.

Read this if you really want to be a Christian of any kind.

>it will strengthen your faith and it's free

amazon.com/42-Cellar-Doors-Question-Everyone-ebook/dp/B06W5DNHDZ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489288921&sr=8-1&keywords=42 cellar doors

>Reformed
>disagree with some minor theological aspects of Orthodoxy
>but it is seriously LARPing unless you're some kind of ethnic thing
>Lutherans are even more liberal than us, they completely shed all ethnic ties

>Lutherans are even more liberal than us,
>Does not know the difference between LCMS and ELCA

how are the German Calvinists doing? The American branch of the German and Dutch Reformed Church by and large ultimately joined the UCC which is pretty liberal

Okay enough. Germany was always more Lutheran than reformed and post war the ultra liberal EKD swallowed most reformed churches. But there's a growing trend of old reformed churches.

I live in the Northeast I'm not exposed to that many Lutherans.

I don't know what you're implying

Don't get into any denomination of any kind.
Just literally believe the same thing they believed in the 1st century.
Also, refuse to believe in anything that is not Scriptural.
If it can't be found in the Scriptures, then don't believe it.

The Underground Church believes precisely the same things as the disciples did in the 1st century.
I'd advise looking into their teachings as they are rooted in Scripture.

>good luck and hail Jesus

The "minor" bothered me
Plus I strongly oppose that church and ethnie should intertwine

Wrong. You're a fucking shill with no real opinion of your own. You parrot what your masters want you to. You need a .308 round through your head.

Jesus ( or Yeshua.. no biggie, imho) changed the very fabric of reality. It's like the force. The Spirit (THE teacher) was promised on one condition, that you believe in the risen messiah. This is 11th dimensional sh@/... by observing the "law" you will become a mighty person. If you, personally, have faith that Jesus is leading, he will. BUT... it's not easy. It's THE hardest way of life because we're all hypocrites and failures. The holy spirit will lead if you allow but few will understand your personal experience, in light of who you are. But that is the nature of reality... namely that it's a personal experience. You gotta lose your life to find it.

"38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. "
Mathew 22

It's technically true that there's a deep theological divide between Reformed theology and Orthodoxy, but we're all still Christians affirming a trinitarian God, affirming a Christ that is both God and Man. What we believe after this is very different, but it shouldn't get in the way of dialogue in such away that differing ideas of those two issues would

this is a really stupid idea.

Fuck off JIDF

Orthodox Christianity.

You only understand why it's the way forward when you reach a mature level of spirituality. Simply because orthodoxy actually has a developed true spirituality. Other churches have lost it.

Is this picture telling people to degenerate back 700 years? Because that's what muslims do.

>Deus Vult
>Lutheran

Literally the opposite of Deus Vult. Protestant liberalism is what has infected the west with faggotry. So much so that even Catholicism is threatened now.

Make me finfag. You're just another religious degenerate.

How is believing what the disciples believed a stupid idea?

You're the cancer that has destroyed the west.

Your claim that only underground churches practice sola scriptura or to not agree with any denominations reading of scripture is

The majority of denominations believe things that have no foundation in scripture.

>ergo following after false teachers is an ignorant sin

Does not apply to kikes.

Every unaffiliated church without a standard of protocol and overarching hierarchy succumbs to tyranny from the unrestrained and all powerful minister. It happens endlessly, and denominations exist for a reason

>If it can't be found in the Scriptures, then don't believe it.

The end of Matthew states that if all the things Jesus said and did were written down, the earth would not be able to contain all the books.

The gospels only highlights the important things he said, and it is to be supplemented by church that Jesus established when he handed the keys to heaven to St Peter.
St Peter, the apostles, and their line of successors keeps the spirit of Jesus' original teachings that is meant to supplement the gospels.

The early Christians knew that the gospels could not express everything about Jesus' teachings, so they relied on the Christian authorities, which we now know as the Catholic church.

That's why you can't rely solely on the gospels to define christianity.

Sola scriptura makes no sense.

If you practice anything other than what the disciples practiced (1st century Christianity) then you are literally a Pharisee.

>prove me wrong
>protip you literally cant

>The majority of denominations believe things that have no foundation in scripture
I seriously doubt that. Ofc mot hold some heretical believes but as long as they are willing to get corrected by the scriptures I don't see the issue.

Specifically what believe do Calvinists hold that has no foundation in scripture?

From your interpretation how do the disciples organize a church?

I wrote this book for people like you.

Oh sweety. The catholic church doesn't claim to have any teaching of Christ that is not in scripture.
How obtuse do you have to be to get your theology from Sup Forums?

>The early Christians knew that the gospels could not express everything about Jesus' teachings
Jesus Christ.

>oy gevalt, goyim, you gotta rely on the mishnah to understand the old testemant, not everything was written down ya know!

God is love and truth. "I will not bring peace but a sword". Orthodox till the day I die! Fuck you AtheistFags. I'll let other denominations fight besides me? But frankly most of all you others belong in the oven like the muslims and Jews.

fuck off jew boy. Sup Forums is a Christian board.

OP should reconsider Catholicism. It's the most traditional

>Subjectivity ranging from Crypto-Zoology, OOPARTS, Intelligent Design, Origin Theory, Situational Ethics, Principles of Identity, Radiometric Polonium Halos, Age of the Earth, Hydrology, Ancient Science, Comparative Religion, and of course the answer to the question that everyone asks.
>Voynich manuscript

>Said the little empty pawn.

The Lutherans are responsible for bring in Somali's to the USA in mass. ....

Lutherans are blind, politically correct cucks.

Typo apologies, no question mark after "me".

Catholicism is the most rooted in hard philosophy. They have had all the best theologians throughout history.

All in all Catholicism is the best form of Christianity, all things considered. I'm not even a catholic DESU.

>Book of Enoch

>Also, refuse to believe in anything that is not Scriptural.

Ok, but where does it say that is scripture?

Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

>case closed

Answer

>Catholicism is the most rooted in hard philosophy
>that is something positive
Saint Aristotle got his shit pushed in centuries ago.
Do you actually know about philosophy?

>all things considered.
>I'm not even a catholic
So all things considered except which is actually true?

Thats because they are heretics from the platonic tradition.

Study the big issues first with systematic theology then you can decide. Some of the differences are theological, some are differences in practice.

Doctrine of God. Audio and text.

reasonablefaith.org/defenders-3-podcast/s3

If you have never been a churchgoer Catholicism is the easiest conversion.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

>Jesus forms the church you find yourself in
>follow Jesus and you will find your congregation

When he rebukes people who follow the laws of men rather than the commandments of God? When he practiced sola scriptura and held people accountable based on the scripture?
When he spent his entire time slamming the religious authorities of his time?
When Paul told us to use the scripture for correction and reproof?
Please read the bible before you discuss these subjects

Find your local Reformed Baptist, Reformed Anglican, or Presbyterian church, and be done with it. Reform your theology.

So what does a Christian do?

LUTHERANS DENY FREE WILL

FUCK OFF

Also you're a faggot for calling Catholics child fuckers. It's like calling all teachers child fuckers because some teachers molest kids. Are you really that fucking stupid that you don't know how hat child fuckers seek out jobs such as teachers or priests so they can be around children.

The truth is that all "christian" denominations are not christian.

The closest thing is Pentecostal Oneness, which are rooted in truth. Thought they're only good to get baptised, and then you'd need to move on.

Read the bible, pray and obey God. Going to church will not save you, but obeying the Gospel will.

Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

>Christians worship the Lord
>ergo, God is in control of their lives because they live (((with))) Him not (((against))) Him

churches are not the most important. you should really be going out door to door soul winning all the days of your life if you want to be a hardcore Christian. you can be saved and never go to church your whole life.

"how hat" =that

>Thought they're only good to get baptised, and then you'd need to move on.
Oh boy.

Water doesnt save you.

Please cite verse where it says

Go back to your glass coffin Lenin.

>1 Post by this ID

Fucken hell.

>Fucking kikes man
>REEE CATHOLICS HOW DARE YOU FIGHT THE OTTOMANS
>WE SHOULD ALL GATHER UP AS THE PROTESTANT LEAGUE AND HELP THE OTTOMANS

You did not answer. What does a Christian do? What do you do that makes you, personally, a Christian?

>hardcore Christian

you're claiming that there is varying levels of Christianity within a person?

>free will
>christianity
"You didn't choose me, I choose you"

ya im broke from religion , i study the word on my own , its true teaching is to break free from any man made form of slavery , stay true , dont do it for gain or loss and you will see your cup overflow , be happy for the discipline and the blessings and you will see

>They worship Me in vain; they teach as doctrine the precepts of men.’”

Go to a cool Church, they play great music, rock bands, christian raps, like gangster jesus. I love going to my modern cool church

>Out of context quotes with no further info given

John 3:5 " Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

Romans 6:4 " Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life."

You must get baptised.

There were dozens of false gospels and epistles floating around in the first and second centuries.

The early church authorities (what is now called the catholic church) chose the four most verifiably true gospels and a handful of the most relevant epistles.

The catholic church compiled the bible, and the bible is the ultimate truth, but only because the catholic church was able to discern that. There is nothing in the scriptures that says that the four gospels are the correct ones and the epistles are all valid. That was only from extra-scriptual discernment by the catholic church.

So if we are only to believe scripture, then the bible might not be valid, because nothing in the scriptures say what is valid.

It's a paradox.
That's why sola scriptura doesn't work.