/lrg/ LIBERTARIAN RIGHT GENERAL

This thread is for Discussion of Libertarianism, Capitalism, AnarchoCapitalism, and the physical removal of communist fags from our board of peace.

>Post sneks
>Bump for Life, Liberty, and Private Death Squads

>Vanilla /lrg/ pastebin- CREATE IF YOU DONT SEE ONE IN THE CATALOG
pastebin.com/7K1EJYb8

>Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=u-wMmYSG9JQ&t=177s

Other urls found in this thread:

pdfs.semanticscholar.org/1b5b/8351b8e74885b976ae75ad605709b61b6ecb.pdf
liberalstudies.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/thelaw.pdf
il-rs.org.br/site/biblioteca/docs/Friedman__Milton___Rose_-_Free_To_Choose_--_A_Personal_Statement.pdf
socserv2.socsci.mcmaster.ca/econ/ugcm/3ll3/aristotle/Ethics.pdf
iea.org.uk/sites/default/files/publications/files/Hayek's Constitution of Liberty.pdf
mises.org/system/tdf/Liberalism In the Classical Tradition_3.pdf?file=1&type=document
mises.org/system/tdf/Man, Economy, and State, with Power and Market_2.pdf?file=1&type=document
mises.org/sites/default/files/Egalitarianism as a Revolt Against Nature, and Other Essays_2.pdf
mises.org/system/tdf/Economics and Ethics of Private Property Studies in Political Economy and Philosophy_3.pdf?file=1&type=document
mises.org/system/tdf/A Short History of Man — Progress and Decline.pdf?file=1&type=document
riosmauricio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Hoppe_Democracy_The_God_That_Failed.pdf
mises.org/system/tdf/From Aristocracy to Monarchy to Democracy_Hoppe_Text 2014.pdf?file=1&type=document
mises.org/system/tdf/Myth of National Defense, The Essays on the Theory and History of Security Production_3.pdf?file=1&type=document
mises.org/system/tdf/The Private Production of Defense_3.pdf?file=1&type=document
mises.org/system/tdf/Economic Science and the Austrian Method_3.pdf?file=1&type=document
mises.org/system/tdf/What Must Be Done_7.pdf?file=1&type=document
mises.org/library/man-economy-and-state-power-and-market
mises.org/sites/default/files/Anatomy of the State_3.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GENERAL READING LIST (feel free to make suggestions to expand this list)

>Basic Economics - Thomas Sowell
pdfs.semanticscholar.org/1b5b/8351b8e74885b976ae75ad605709b61b6ecb.pdf

>The Law - Frédéric Bastiat
liberalstudies.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/thelaw.pdf

>Free To Choose - Milton and Rose Friedman
il-rs.org.br/site/biblioteca/docs/Friedman__Milton___Rose_-_Free_To_Choose_--_A_Personal_Statement.pdf

>Nicomachean Ethics - Aristotle
socserv2.socsci.mcmaster.ca/econ/ugcm/3ll3/aristotle/Ethics.pdf

>Hayek’s The Constitution of Liberty - Eugene F. Miller
iea.org.uk/sites/default/files/publications/files/Hayek's Constitution of Liberty.pdf

>Liberalism: In the Classical Tradition - Ludwig von Mises
mises.org/system/tdf/Liberalism In the Classical Tradition_3.pdf?file=1&type=document

>Man, Economy, and State - Murray N. Rothbard
mises.org/system/tdf/Man, Economy, and State, with Power and Market_2.pdf?file=1&type=document

>Egalitarianism as a Revolt Against Nature, and Other Essays - Murray N. Rothbard
mises.org/sites/default/files/Egalitarianism as a Revolt Against Nature, and Other Essays_2.pdf

HOPPE READING LIST

>The Economics and Ethics of Private Property (1993; 2006 2nd edition)
mises.org/system/tdf/Economics and Ethics of Private Property Studies in Political Economy and Philosophy_3.pdf?file=1&type=document

>A Short History of Man: Progress and Decline (2015)
mises.org/system/tdf/A Short History of Man — Progress and Decline.pdf?file=1&type=document

>Democracy—The God That Failed (2001)
riosmauricio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Hoppe_Democracy_The_God_That_Failed.pdf

>From Aristocracy, to Monarchy, to Democracy (2014)
mises.org/system/tdf/From Aristocracy to Monarchy to Democracy_Hoppe_Text 2014.pdf?file=1&type=document

>The Myth of National Defense: Essays on the Theory and History of Security Production (2003)
mises.org/system/tdf/Myth of National Defense, The Essays on the Theory and History of Security Production_3.pdf?file=1&type=document

>The Private Production of Defense (1998; 2006 edition)
mises.org/system/tdf/The Private Production of Defense_3.pdf?file=1&type=document

>Economic Science and the Austrian Method (1995)
mises.org/system/tdf/Economic Science and the Austrian Method_3.pdf?file=1&type=document

>What Must Be Done (2009)
mises.org/system/tdf/What Must Be Done_7.pdf?file=1&type=document

WE WILL NEVER CAPITULATE.

That's fine, you guys are good at keeping the fags out.

Got any of those books an audio? I don't have much time to read, but I have plenty of time to listen to audiobooks.

Yeah there a good few of them on audio, aswell as hoppe has readings of his own books.

what do you want? I might be able to find a link.

>tfw the only serious libertarian party in the world is in a country with two-party system

Our Libertarian party isn't serious. it was originally created to see how many libertarians there were. not to get a libertarian elected for anything.

This is why I think they are such an embarrasment now a days. they pander to liberals to get votes instead of sticking to their guns.

Better than this communist hell anyway. Pls all american libertarians move to a small country like Finland to swing the election

>Our Libertarian party isn't serious
neither is your ideology

nah m8 you gotta get to US. I don't think europe wants anyting close to a libertarian future. at least half of our republican party is libertarian tho.

when you're finished turning your country into public property can we colonize it?

Whats going on here? do you fags hate freedom or somthing?

marxism is a spook. also stirner would get #rekt if he was on my lawn.

>Serious
>This guy

I fucking hate this mans dumb face.

republican liberty caucus > libertarian party

Ruined an entire campaign by being a lazy stoner and uttering three little words...
>What is Aleppo?
Amazing

I wonder if the party has non-subverted people in it.
Could I be the hitler of the libertarian party?
>alright you cucks NO MORE OPEN BORDERS, NO MORE BAKING HOMO CAKES.
>MY FIRST DAY IN OFFICE I WILL SIGN AN EXECUTIVE ORDER TO MOVE ALL COMMUNISTS TO CALIFORNIA AND BRING ALL COOL PEOPLE TO THE REST OF THE STATES.
>I WILL DISOWN CALIFORNIA AS PART OF THE UNITED STATES
>MILITARIZE THE FUCK OUT OF THE US/CALIFORNIA BOARDER
>then we wait for them to destroy themselves or attack us/go to war with them. after war retake californa

America saved.

I support this message

U guys r not bad.

>AnCap
>Supporting Pinoche
????

Pinochet is to AnCap as Taylor Swift is to NatSoc.
they're symbols thats it.

>Damage control

>libertarian
>right
nope.

Whatever dude, I don't care what a marxist thinks.
go post pictures of stalin back of /leftypol/ faggot.

Nazis are "third position" centrists. you're larping.

Right-wing libertarianism does not exist

Can I stay here?

how can ancaps ever recover?

exist how? you mean the idea doesn't exist?
its the idea that a libertarian society would be more conservative as people would not be force not to discriminate againsts homos and shit.

>116319196
yeah you alright.

Capitalism requires a state. A true free market has never been done.

Prove me wrong.

Alright, so let me get this straight,

the rich man doens't have to contribute anything to pay for the workingman's healthcare

but the workingman has to contribute to pay for the rich man's police protection?

How does that work?

It's called feudalism. Anarcho-capitalism would be identical to feudalism.

TIL, Chile is the shittiest country in South America because it didn't embrace Marxism....
...oh wait

''Libertarianism'' is still in the blue quadrant as the need to defend private property still exist, therefore, a state has to exist. It's why Hoppe unironically shills for monarchy. Your ideology is a failed one.

Nobody forces the working man to work for rich man. It's voluntary.

>the rich man doens't have to contribute anything to pay for the workingman's healthcare
Yes

>but the workingman has to contribute to pay for the rich man's police protection?
No

How did you get to this conclusion in the first place?

I'm talking more about libertarianism

Also pretty sure ancap is different than feudalism, although it might end up with a similar arrangement.

but libertarians still force the workingman to pay taxes for the rich man's police, then say it's wrong to make the rich man pay for the workingman's healthcare.

>How did you get to this conclusion in the first place?
This is what libertarians say.

The Rich man doesent have to pay for other peoples healthcare
They Don't have to work for the rich man
They don't have to pay for police protection

No one HAS TO DO ANYTHING.

>When reality doesn't meet your theory

>This is what libertarians say.
If there is any nonvoluntaryism, which is what you imply by the phrasing "HAS to contribute to pay for the rich man's police protection" then they're retards, not libertarians.

Either that or you're retarded as well.

have a (you)

>that comic
>Sweden
Gotta love how it conveniently ignores the implications that:

1) Working is disincentivized by applying penalties (taxes)

2) Dodges the real argument - Taxes are THEFT, not SLAVERY - to strawman the argument.

wtf I'm a socdem now

>literally a radical centrist

look i get that any hierarchy (even a voluntary one) is evil to you. I don't agree. I just want to get rid of agression against peacful people. your angry mob civilization would totally suck.

I don't think so, I think people who DON'T believe what I say are either voluntarists or anarchists.

Basically all the libertarians I've talked to believe you have to have a tax-collecting state to protect
>muh negative rights
even though police protection is a service and saying you're entitled to it is a claim to a positive right...

you're mixing up all "libertarians" into one thing.
Theres left-libertarians who want open borders and positive rights.
Theres minarchists who say there needs to be a state for military. (dudeweed republicans)
and theres AnCaps who say no state is needed.

they call call themselves libertarians even though they differ in opinion.

Not sure. I've always identified as a libertarian, but haven't yet really started reading deeper than surface policies. So what's best to start at?

You can avoid working for the rich man by working for yourself (self employment), working within a voluntary collective, establishing a business or becoming a partner in a business and many others.

You can avoid paying taxes by not worki- oh wait, you can't - that only gets rid of the income tax, but property tax, value added tax and a fuckload of others gotta be paid anyway. The only real alternative to paying taxes is leaving the country (but at this point where to? taxes are everywhere nowadays) or going off grid (which is often illegal now), both of which are far from perfect solutions.

So no, work is still voluntary and taxes are still theft.

>libertarian
>right

>What is the political compass

>Theres left-libertarians who want open borders and positive rights.
>Theres minarchists who say there needs to be a state for military. (dudeweed republicans)
No, libertarians invented the whole positive/negative rights thing in the first place, no libertarian believes the government should guarantee "positive" rights.

If you get rid of that and combine your "left-libertarians" and your "minarchists" you have a general outline of libertarians as such.

Libertarianism is an offshoot of classical liberalism which was a leftist movement.

>Posts pic of right leaning liberals

right and a "pure" libertarian would advocate againsts positive rights all together.

Maybe some of the economics centered books. Im currently reading Man, Economy, and State. Rothbard pretty much explains how value is created through production and other factors. and how theses factors work in a large economy
you can download the audioboook here
mises.org/library/man-economy-and-state-power-and-market

I want to read The Economics and Ethics of Private Property by Hoppe next.

I think economics and property are the most important things to understand for libertarians.

Left-libertarians aka US Libertarian Party aka Literal Retards. Don't expect them to grasp the concept of positive rights. They are lefties who think that it's really important we allow gay couples to defend their hemp fields with fully automatic guns. They'd call you a nazi for using n word or implying that blacks use the welfare system more than others, or, god-forbid, that we should abolish it. They are pure trash applying to themselves a label that never fit to them.

>Dad went to WV University in the 80's and he was in training for the Army Rangers
>Communist party was big on campus
>Communists had tables with their propaganda set up in the student center
>Him and his friends knocked the tables over, sending all their papers flying, knocked their commie flag down
>Campus security saw what happened and just smirked and looked the other way
>Campus security was composed of Vietnam Vets who wanted to beat the shit out of commies and couldn't do anything about it

Good plan. Hear, hear!

>libertarian
>right
>believing that a general, abstract freedom exists

sup my freedom loving bros

I'm a Minarchist. I believe the only duty of the State is to protect citizens from crimes such as property (theft/vandalism/etc) and personal crimes (assault/fraud/etc.), protect citizens from foreign invasion, and preserve the citizen's natural rights.

Everything else can be ran privately and free market.

I do consider myself a Libertarian.

i like capitalism

whatver cool guy. just stay off my god damn lawn.

Post-libertarianism / Neoreaction is the only true libertarianism.

You guys should read Murray Rothbard's "Anatomy Of The State" if you haven't already.
mises.org/sites/default/files/Anatomy of the State_3.pdf

He basically says the State is coercive and a parasite and goes against Natural Law.

Good, quick read

tl;dr the idea ?

you really dont know much about them, do you?
there are libertarians hardcore enough to bash the civil rights act for impeding on their private property. t. dad is one of those libertarians

Damn dude, you're dad must be pretty cool.

i mean your. fuck!

>right and a "pure" libertarian would advocate againsts positive rights all together.
Including taxpayer-funded police? So you agree that libertarians that oppose publicly funded healthcare and education on grounds of positive vs negative rights but support police on that basis are contradicting themselves?

because in his hearth your dad knows he was right

Commies deserve a seizure!

Yes, they are not "true libertarians" if they want the state to protect property. they're still cool with me tho.

wtf is right wing about transgender child brothels who take bitcoin and heroin vending machines? Oh you're gonna "ban" or "outlaw" that? You're not a libertarian. I don't care if you don't call it government, you can call it private police or whatever the fuck. If you use organized force or violence to prevent anyone from doing anything you're a statist. Absolutely no rulers, no rules, no authority, no organization, no borders, no morality allowed or you're a statist authoritarian.

alright then I'm an authoritarian Statist and I will crush you under my boot if you try and take from me.

not on my private land
now fuck off

They might think that the minimum level of coercion for peaceful existence is to force a monopoly of violence.

Doesn't make them contradict themselves if you look at libertarianism as that.

children can't consent.
fuck off faggot.

>the minimum level of coercion for peaceful existence is to force a monopoly of violence.
So enough civil unrest can make the welfare state morally justified?

bump.

Also, can't you have a legally granted monopoly of violence (or license of violence) but not force people to pay for the service, e.g. voluntary posses and militias?

LMAO at you losers, better start building me some roads while I live off of your tax money wageslaves