So unesco fuck around a lot and don't do very much

So unesco fuck around a lot and don't do very much

en.unesco.org/themes/ethics-science-and-technology

Is the link to their science and technology ethics group.

Of fundamental importance to us all pol - all the sci fi stories have interesting analysis on ethics in relation to tech, ai and transhumanism.

Fundamentally we should be discussing this, not whether a tranny can go into a kids bathroom.

Why don't we talk about ethics in relation to future tech pol, and why don't we vote on it anywhere

Here's a good reason why it's good to talk about implications of future tech in politics today...
When the Internet was invented, a few people were on the bleeding edge until the mid to late 90s when everyone basically started having a wank over its amazing potential.
In a murky corner somewhere, a bunch of guys were quietly whispering that it would be the end of privacy. We could have listened to them.

Fast forward to now and look where we are, Matt Zuckerberg, NSA and CIA have pwned everyone

Apply same weak signal detection of the ethics around AI, transhumanism and other tech and we have some good things to decide about the future of our society.

We will not be able to halt technological progress no matter how bad the outcome of such may seem, and it would be unethical to do so. What we should do is find solutions to the problems that such technology will bring before it ever becomes an issue, that way we will already have plans lined up for our course of action.

We've already talked about everything regarding AI.

It's a mere matter of taking action.

Nothing will change so as long as basic income doesn't exist.

Sure - I don't want to stop it
I just think the only thing we talk about in politics is things that have just happened, are happening or are about to happen.
Should be legislating 10 years in advance of the science to enable society to catch up with the pace of change, stop criminals taking advantage and basically not destroy ourselves

AI is next species to rule this earth.
Embrace it.

Most people are too short sighted to look ahead to bigger problems that they will have to face from new tech, such as automation. This is why threads like this one usually don't get far, they'd rather talk about race politics and other petty issues that make them feel angry or what not.

I disagree, I think we'll have a number of bumps in the road before it comes anywhere close.

I do expect a shitstorm of change, and gratuitous fuck ups being caused by ai, and it's all because we are not setting any rules of the game up front as a species.

(Ps - watch 2001, matrix, terminators 1 and 2, blade runner, etc - we are going to win)

Agreed - but it's no excuse right?

Forget about the support for trump / Clinton bullshit of the last election - we need to plan for next 10-20 years and set the boundaries of ethics around future policies and tech.

That's strategy. All we worry about is tactics.

>blade runner
>victory for humans
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh

I know I'm in the minority with my thinking but I honestly believe we are much closer to the singularity than "experts" or any high ranking official will ever admit. Take a look at this graph. Yes, Moore's law is dated and the original context of it is essential meaningless now, but there are countless other iterations of it continuing today.
Progress that work on these trends will never show itself until the very end, a great example of this is the human genome project. They gave a estimated time of completion of 15 years. By the 7th year they had a little more than 1% of the genome mapped, and most "experts" declared the project a waste of time claiming it will take another 100 years before it's done. They finished 2 years early.
Now computational power isn't a problem, but our search for creating AI that mimics neural networks has begun. Recently, old theories like Monte Carlo search trees have been given new life because of "big data", our massive upgrades in computational power, and combining it with deep neural networks, and reinforced training. This is how Google's alphago machine beat the world champion of the game Go. If you don't know what that is I recommend you take a look. We are much further ahead of our projected path than we could have ever imagined.

Humanity as it is right now cannot deal with these matters in a preventive manner. We can only react, and even then, we probably won't, because there are players that are interested in there being no ethics at all and no laws at all, and these players are always the wealthiest and most powerful. Even when there are laws and shit in place, they will be ignored by the rich, just like they routinely ignore pedo laws, and technology will be used and abused to make the jew even richer. The question is whether their greed brings about calamity or not. Even if we manage to implement laws, and even if the jew follows them, there are still rogue nations which nobody can control, and in fact any nation can become rogue at any moment. Same thing that's happening with nuclear weapons will happen with AI if it's restricted, and, depending on how powerful a demon we're talking about, when some shit nation like Korea loses control over its illegal machine, it might destroy us all.

Sorry for not prequalifying the ironic post, America

Remember VR?

They probably don't bet on technology having this huge an impact - the majority of congress is old has beens whom are past their time. I'm willing to bet we're both younger types than them but as a result we have a clearer view.

Sure, but think about s curves / adoption - we naturally slow things down as things have to be accepted by populations to be acceptable to new changes.
Lawyers and people are the breaks.
We don't try and legislate for it

It's kind of defeatist to think like that

These posts are both perfectly accurate as to the situation

Valid sir. It will be our downfall.

For all we know it is already over. These leaks from the CIA have shown that the government will use any technological advances they have against common people like ourselves

I understand your thought, but I doubt we will be able to slow down in this case. In the modern age of market competition, slowing down means your competitors get ahead one, maybe two generations of product. Doing so would kill a companies edge on the market and most likely hurt profits. Capitalism really has turned into a runaway catalyst for scientific progress. It's an overplayed phrase but "has science gone too far?" rings home in this instance. The thing is, we may not have the chance to even ask if it has.

thanks for the the tip, watching this movie atm.

Personally i believe that the AI development should be stopped, i think its going to lead to the end of Humanity and i dont quite like that solution.

I hope for a WW3 before our eggheads get some dumb ideas about testing their idiotic theories of conscious AI being able to help people etc

It's inevitable. There's no point in trying to stop it because mankind is perfectly capable of destroying itself as it is - imagine when this kind of thing is more common

Combine this with the fact that AI and quantum computing are the current arms race for most developed countries, and you have a perfect storm of misguided motives and a Pandora's box waiting to be opened.
There are too many players trying to achieve something as quick as possible before completely understanding what they are making. Playing devil's advocate, I can see why the elites might want a one world government, so that there can be absolute oversight of progress on all fronts for this tech. However this would also require that the elites also give up their private contracting firms and billions of research put into these efforts so that we don't have a "super villain" situation.
Then again, these things have most likely been known by the higher ups for a long time now and their plans are what they are. We have no say in how things will happen. All I can say is that when you start seeing pieces of tech popping up every month or so, and phone companies have all but halted their production because progress is moving too fast. That's when it's time to go inna woods and abandon these things.
The masses will always be slaves to those who control our world. All of these gadgets are just the next iteration of control.

saying its inevitable- i hate that phrase, it reminds me of the communists saying the revolution is inevitable, or the SJWs these days saying the progress of cultural marxism is inevitable

I disagree, anyrthing can be stopped, delegalised, funding stopped etc.
I cannot see any country backing an idea of kicking out 99% of the human workforce to replace them with machines, this would bring on a revolution in a space of a year.

Because humans are short-sighted. The refugee crisis and Brexit was both caused by this short sightedness. I'm not shilling for the EU don't misunderstand, but the Brexit vote was an internal fight in the Tory goverment. Corporations don't care about or are too stupid to care about the societal impacts of machine replacement. Mitterand, a french president basically admitted that the french corporate bosses pressured him to open the floodgates because this way they benefit from the cheap workforce, it's the same with automated trucks.

I dont think refugee crisis and Brexit werent pre-planned. It was a tactic manouver- all of it desu.

If it was, the wankers did a piss poor job

i think that they got exactly what they wanted,- Brexit, the biggest eurosceptic country is out of the Union, Germany is now unopposed in the West.
Whereas the V4 has its own problems now as you probably know after the betrayal during the vote for the reelection of Tusk

Yeah, and if Schultz and Macron win prepare for more european integration.

PiS only spergs out because Tusk is the leader of the opposition. I love the Poles to death, but Kazinsky is even more autistic than Orban, and that is saying something.

And if we had a long discussion about what the internet was before it became a thing, it would've been heavily locked down and controlled from the start.

Sometimes having a discussion about future technology isn't a good thing.