Genetic testing MANDATED

>23&Me and Ancestry.com users btfo'd

archive.fo/nDG3V

congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1313/text

Remember how whenever there's a 23&me thread on here there was a small group of us doing Chicken Little and saying it was a VERY BAD THING
Well now the govt. wants to give your employer the right to test your dna so they can either
>not employ or give themselves grounds to fire you
>whittle away your health benefits package to pay less of it due to muh genetic failings or hereditary diseases...

Have fun with that Merkins. Sorry to have to say
>I FUCKEN TOLD YOU SO
and sucked in to all the rubes who paid $100 bucks for a teat their employer will now probably pay for!

Other urls found in this thread:

congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1313/text
uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=(title:42 section:2000ff-1 edition:prelim)
mamamia.com.au/vagina-smoking/
thestar.com/news/canada/2017/03/08/genetic-testing-bill-up-for-vote-is-constitutional-trudeau-says.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good. I only want to work with healthy people and this will keep even more minorities away from me.

I personally think everyone in the entire world should have biometric data taken (descriptions, iris scan, dna, fingerprints, etc.).

Amerisharts will defend this because trump can do no wrong
If this passed under obama Sup Forums would have had a fit

fpbp

We literally just passed a bill making that illegal. WEW

have your most powerful opposite sex friend spit in your 23and me and now you are cataloged as an opposite gendered fully healthy person by the USG

>congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/1313/text

>as part of a workplace wellness program
>Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008

This says that they can't discriminate in hiring.

Your employer shouldn't have your DNA to begin with.

>Sup Forums cucked by (((Trump)))
literally in shock

I don't wanna do thr because I'm too lazy to pay for it

It reads to me that Congress wants to protect businesses from lawsuits when they give non-smoking non-obese people better rates on their health insurance and other benefits.

That's a good thing and every business should not only be allowed to do so, but want to do so.

NEET detected.

>he's never had stage fright with someone breathing down his neck trying to take a piss test for an employment physical...

Because no corp ever used info about it's employee to discriminate with subterfuge now, did they?

>GATTICA here we come

of course
they won't discriminate against you because of your AIDS but because of you didnt seem like much a team player

Actually this says differently to me
>the collection of information about the manifested disease or disorder of a family member shall not be considered an unlawful acquisition of genetic information with respect to another family member as part of a workplace wellness program described in paragraph (1) or (2) offered by an employer (or in conjunction with an employer-sponsored health plan described in section 2705(j) of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 300gg–4(j)))
If they can use that info in a "lawful" way doesn't that suggest they can use it as long as it doesn't directly contravene the nondiscrimination bill Note *directly*...

shouldn't liberals be going absolutely insane about this and comparing it to numbers being given to Jews and the eecent idea of keeping a record of mudslimes in the us?

sounds like a big problem for genetically defective people

good, why would you want to work around someone with aids?

here's the skinny for the dunces

>great grandpa had politis - didn't kill him but he wasn't a well guy
>no sign of it since
wew
>go fo new job, fit healthy and raring to go
>spit on stick
>employer politely say "No thank you user."
>find out later employer found politis genes - don't want retarded redneckbeard NEETs in their workforces chilren

>mfw people who unironically called themselves redpilled actually paid cash money to (((them))) so they can be put at any crime anywhere in the world

and why is that a problem?

In what situation would that occur? evil genius kills a guy and puts some saliva of a man that lives in another country with an alibi on the body?

oh hey

Just because you say your ironpill *cough* doesn't mean your genetic makeup doesn't hold some nasty surprises - you may not even know they exist but once they're found -
>The ACA allowed them to charge employees 30 percent, and possibly 50 percent, more for health insurance if they declined to participate in the "voluntary" programs,
now extrapolate that to this situation

Hes talking about /polacks paying 23&me (whose CEO is married to a google bigwig) to give them their dna which could be manipulated in many ways that we're not even really aware of yet

I fucking knew it.

Hands off my genetic information, stop trying to enslave us you fucking hydra.

>See blacks at greater risk for heart disease
>Blacks never get hired
Its not too bad

>employment physical
get a real job quit working for the government.

Did you even read the bill? It cites the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act:

uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=(title:42 section:2000ff-1 edition:prelim)
>It shall be an unlawful employment practice for an employer-
(1) to fail or refuse to hire, or to discharge, any employee, or otherwise to discriminate against any employee with respect to the compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment of the employee, because of genetic information with respect to the employee; or
(2) to limit, segregate, or classify the employees of the employer in any way that would deprive or tend to deprive any employee of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect the status of the employee as an employee, because of genetic information with respect to the employee.

Are you Wynne?
>people would never be motivated to evade arrest
>people never fight
>nobody can fool a scientist
>our government has our best interests at heart

I identify as a healthy human, so I should be fine.

MUH DICK

>now extrapolate that to this situation
That is fair, people with higher health risks pay more.. why do you have a problem with that?

>Hes talking about /polacks paying 23&me (whose CEO is married to a google bigwig) to give them their dna which could be manipulated in many ways that we're not even really aware of yet

I am saying that situation is idiotic and wouldn't happen

I wasn't aware that smoking appears on a genetic test. I identify as a non-smoker anyway.

Are you stupid?

This bill is the government giving empoyers the right to demand genetic information from you, then turning around and saying the employers can't use it. THEN WHY COLLECT IT?

This doesn't add up because it's bullshit I'm not letting some homo company get my biochemical equation.

Hey, I know a great way to evade arrest! put some saliva from some guy that took a DNA test! who cares where he lives and what he is doing at this time.. there's No other way to get someone's DNA!

Just swab a cat or something.

If you get hired you can shit in a box and rub all over a lady's legs. Can't discriminate against you, it's genetic.

Last 2 jobs I have gone for (IT) have had rigorous physicals.

You're a bit naive if you think that nondiscrimination bill will somehow save you when they find sickle cell genes (or something similar) in your makeup...
>he thinks an employer would still keep paying his health insurance even tho the premiums would go sky high

In reality they will use it and then come up with another reason not to hire you or to fire you.

>GINA

Kek

link?

>why do you have a problem with that?
I don't but do you think if your employer paid health insurance went up exponentially (say due to a genetic disease you never knew you had) what would be easier for your employer
- keep you on and pay higher an higher premiums or
- quietly find a way to terminate your employment?

>I am saying that situation is idiotic and wouldn't happen
The crime aspect maybe, but there are a lot of ways your dna could be used against you. Spend a min thinking about it.

Good point

Smoking and obeseity are lifestyle choices and despite snowflakes saying otherwise they have little or nothing to do with genes

OP is fear mongering. None of what OP claims is actually in the bill. He probably didn't even read his own link.

>what would be easier for your employer
depends on what is most profitable for them, if everyone is at some great genetic risk like people on this threads tend to think it wont matter. If they choose to fire them there will be a whole bunch of people at higher risk for illness that can be paid less and competing companies can exploit that

Wtf is this

mamamia.com.au/vagina-smoking/

Another naive person who thinks
>muh magical nondiscrimination act will keep me safe from the nasty employer trolls wanting to pay everyone less or fire me to maximise their pot of gold

That's right everyone, don't worry about a single thing.

>If they choose to fire them there will be a whole bunch of people at higher risk for illness that can be paid less and competing companies can exploit that
But also they test BEFORE employment - why give you the job since you might have to take time off to look after you kid sick with politis when Mohammed Chang has no politis genes at all...

Noice titcow tho, no?

>big problem
For you

So you admit that you're spreading bullshit then and that firing, reducing pay, or requiring someone to get genetic testing would be illegal?

Glad we've settled that.

That's not enough, I want genetic admixture, age, partner count and musical interests pop up over people's heads when I look through my google glass.

>So you admit that you're spreading bullshit then and that firing, reducing pay, or requiring someone to get genetic testing would be illegal?
I hope you have someone who has enduring power of attorney over your money and chattels if you really are this naive.

>americans have to present their urine to their employers for testing regularly

How is that not serfdom?

Yeah would suck but this bitch is retarded.

"My cravings for smoked trout lasted days."

This law only applies to offering discounts on employer-sponsored health insurance. Participation is not mandatory for any employee in such programs.

Furthermore, it specifically states
>the collection of information about the manifested disease or disorder of a family member shall not be considered an unlawful acquisition
>manifested
As in, it's a disorder which has manifested. Not the existence of a genetic mutation, but something already causing problems.

>But also they test BEFORE employment
yea so those people just have to work for less and companies hire them when its cheaper. free market solves the problem

See
>Another naive person who thinks
>>muh magical nondiscrimination act will keep me safe from the nasty employer trolls wanting to pay everyone less or fire me to maximise their pot of gold

>That's right everyone, don't worry about a single thing.

Because the govt and big employers have NEVER manipulated a situation to their benefit before, have they?

>yea so those people just have to work for less and companies hire them when its cheaper
great... unless you've got dormant politis genes and have to work for 1/4 of what you were getting before your dna test.
Enjoy m8. I've got to go and walk the doggo.

>naive
I read the law and associated laws already in existence. I am also quite familiar with how employer-sponsored health insurance plans work and the discounts they offer.

On the contrary, I would say it is you who is naive about how employer-sponsored health insurance plans work in the US. As a result of that naivety, you are misunderstanding a law to have the worst imaginable implications — implications which do not match the plain text.

If the law did as you purport, it would necessarily require Congress change the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, which they are not.

Not him but:

>«««OTTAWA—Liberal backbenchers have defied Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, voting in favour of a bill that would bar health and life insurance companies from forcing clients to disclose the results of genetic testing.

Just hours before the third and final reading late Wednesday in the House of Commons, Trudeau said the proposed law is unconstitutional because it intrudes on provincial jurisdiction. He recommended that MPs vote against it.

But most Liberal backbenchers, along with Conservative and New Democrat MPs, ignored Trudeau’s warning. The bill passed by a vote of 222-60.»»»

thestar.com/news/canada/2017/03/08/genetic-testing-bill-up-for-vote-is-constitutional-trudeau-says.html

Sell your DNA to a company that shills on here because you are a stupid cunt

Why not?

Its an IQ test.

enjoy your dna being copyrighted and sold

Tell you what - if none of the scenarios I've suggested here happen to any of the posters in this thread (I do realise I'm being unreasonable and generalising) you're argument will be vindicated.
Me? I think you guys maybe in for some rude shocks. Time will tell.

>Its an IQ test.
wuh?

Knowing what will come of it would require the law pass, but I'd say that's fairly likely considering it is a mundane law which expands on ways employers can offer insurance discounts to employees. The only thing which could stop it is Democrat Senators deciding to go full blown obstructionism, refusing to pass a single bill so long as Trump is in office. I don't believe this particular law would qualify for reconciliation, so it would require some Democratic Party support in the Senate.

Democrats already voted for similar measures in the PPACA (Obamacare) in 2009 and there was zero controversy around that provision. The only difference now would be that the employer could also ask for the genetic test to keep your insurance discount, in addition to the other biometric tests they ask for measuring obesity, cholesterol, and so on.

Want to keep your discount? Take the test.

Don't want to take the test? No discount.

Nothing here is employment related.