Which Book Should I Read First?!

In the last week, I've purchased the three books you see here. My question to the Sup Forums community is: Which one I should start off with?

>Book #1: Elie Wiesel's "Night."

This book deals with his experience at Auschwitz, during the Nazi Holocaust.

>Book #2:Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's "The Gulag Archipelago"

He won a Nobel Peace Prize for this non-fiction account of experiencing Russian communism during WWII. It's heralded as the final "logical" nail in the coffin for Communism as a governmental system. I've heard it's a masterwork.

>Book #3: Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World"

A fictional account/representation of when the government becomes an all-consuming oppressive force. Total control over the populace, minimal freedom (if any really).

So, which one goes to the dome first? I realize many of you probably get triggered by the first book - but I'm still reading it anyway. Which one?

toss night in the trash, take your pick of the other two

READ THE GULAG ARCHIPELAGO YOU FAGGOT

>Gulag Archipelago
>Abridged

No he should read night, so he can see how obviously fake it is.

Why abridged?

I bought it on Amazon! It was the top seller for the book itself - is it bad that it's abridged? It says the author did it himself.

Gulag Archipelago is the best one there. It really does decimate communism. Then BNW, not my favorite, but kind of interesting. Throw Night in the fucking garbage.

Night is completely fabricated kikery. Brave New World is a great choice (haven't read Gulag). P.S: Did you pick the non Night books from Jordan Peterson's recommended reading list?

I don't know, I haven read the unabridged version, just curious why they shortened/condensed it. I'd read Gulag, be it unabridged/abridged. Have a good read, user.

fpbp

Don't know the first two, but the first one sounds like some jewish 6 gazillion propaganda.
Brave new world all the way.

I watch Jordan Peterson religiously! But no, I didn't get it from there. I've heard him praise "Gulag" a ton though, so he did spur my interest with that one.

It depends on whether or not you're looking for a major undertaking, but The Gulag Archipelago is a life-changing work. Definitely check it out first if you're not intimidated. Solzhenitsyn's fiction is also worth checking out.

Brave New World is rather light reading, so you can probably knock it out in a day or two. It may actually more closely resemble the dystopia we're descending into than 1984, despite being the lesser known work. If you end up enjoying Huxley, I'd recommend Island and The Doors of Perception.

I'd save Night for last, but it's definitely worth checking out. I haven't read anything else from Wiesel, so I can't make any further recommendations.

Yeah, I understand the controversy here with, "Night." Although, I still want to gain multiple perspectives.

Thanks, user! Yeah, I might go in that order that you kind of laid out there. Light reading first, with BNW. Then Gulag, and then Night.

Aside from it being complete propoganda, it's also a poorly written and uninteresting book. There are other, more palatable holocaust books to be read if you're wanting to get that perspective.

Ordinary Men, for example, is a better option.

if you're gonna read brave new world, try your best to get around to:
1984 (Orwell)
>OBVIOUSLY
and We, by Yevgeny Zamyatin.
then, by combining the 3 you get a more interesting composite. and /lit/ types will think of you as less of a pleb. no point reading BNW and not 1984+We

drop Night and just read more Solzhenitsyn.

Haha yeah, a ton of you are saying that. I wonder if it might be helpful in understanding his perspective, though?

>Night
Literally fiction, user. The other two are musts though.

Great combo you put there! Thank, user.
I might just do that.

Night is a complete fabrication. I have read it and you won't find anything you haven't already been hearing your entire life.

It's very short so read it if you want, but you are wasting your time.

one of these is fake, a totally made up story. take a guess which one. it isnt the one sold as a work of fiction funnily enough

Depends on how old and at what phase of life you're in. If you're like 17, Brave New World will blow your mind. If you're 25 Gulag will just make you despise hippie burnout fags even more and pick arguments with them irl.

>it might be helpful in understanding his perspective

how? he was a mentally ill faggot who made up a story in order to make money. even the jew scholars want nothing to do with this guy, they saw him as an embarrassment.

the holocaust industry is an interesting book, quite damning of him.

Hhahah that's my fav comment right thurr. I'm in my 20's so maybe starting with BNW, and then Gulag will be a nice ascension.

Anyone want to take a soma and fuck?

Damn. I didn't know that he was looked down upon by his own community...hmm. Thx user

KEK. I heard that's a drug in BNW.

It's a drug here in the US. Carisoprodol is the generic name

no worries.
We is excellent. its in the same vein but will suprise you.
1984 is the classsic of its genre, despite its naysayers.

Believing the holocaust did not happen in 2016//. Kys faggots Night is a decent read with deep themes.

>I've heard it's a masterwork.

A masterwork of journalism, maybe. His real masterwork was his novel In The First Circle. If you want to understand GULAG, GULAG Archipelago is great, but if you want to understand Communism itself, as well as GULAG, read In The First Circle.

I'll look into it! Thanks, user.