Does Sup Forums Support the Death Penalty?

archive.is/GLB0p

The relatively recent emergence of midazolam at the center of far-reaching legal battles has startled Dr. Walser, who was working in New Jersey for Hoffmann-La Roche, a Swiss pharmaceutical company, when he helped to invent the drug in the 1970s. It was a water-soluble alternative to Valium, and, as Dr. Walser recounted in a company publication, the discovery “required the coincidence of several events and also a portion of luck.”

Midazolam was patented in 1979, a few years after it was synthesized, and evolved into a medical star. An anesthesiology textbook described midazolam, sometimes referred to as Versed, as “the most frequently used benzodiazepine in the elderly,” and in 2011 the World Health Organization added the drug to its Model List of Essential Medicines.

Most executions involving midazolam drew little sustained criticism, but problems emerged during some. In Ohio, a murderer’s execution took longer than previous injection-induced deaths in the state. Testifying later in Federal District Court in connection with a lawsuit over Ohio’s lethal injection protocol, a reporter said the prisoner had been “coughing, gasping, choking in a way that I had not seen before at any execution.”

The most recent controversy is the extraordinary plan in Arkansas to execute eight inmates in 10 days next month. The state is racing the calendar: Its midazolam supply will expire at the end of April, and, given the resistance of manufacturers to having the drug used in executions, Arkansas would most likely face major hurdles if it tried to restock.

Other urls found in this thread:

pnas.org/content/111/20/7230.abstract
youtube.com/watch?v=XJpznMaZ85c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its better for both the tax payer money and the convicted, as its hardly a bad punishment as he/she will get a quick death instead of having to endure their own insanity for years in a cell.

What if they are innocent?

They will have proven that. In the eyes of the law, they are sent there because they are not innocent. Any old fag could claim innocence, but without fulfilling the burden of proof then they're still guilty.

I think death penalty should only be used if there's 100% evidence of the crime and the criminal was clearly spiteful.

But even then, i think a life time of isolation, darkness and just water and bread as food would be a better punishment. No need to waste too much money, just put them in a hole and never let them out again.

pnas.org/content/111/20/7230.abstract

4% are innocent

don't be so fucking trigger happy then

Very low stat indeed, user. I agree.

Absolutely fucking not.
Death penalty is only for commie-tier shitholes and mudslimes

>Does Sup Forums Support the Death Penalty?
I fully support the killing of undesirable humans like murderers, drug addicts, and rapists. Fuck the (((death penalty))) though. It does not cost $800,000 to kill someone.

Yes, but not lethal injection. Poisoning somebody is a subhuman [read: female] way of killing a person.

Hang them or shoot them.

... gas them if you must.

>Does Sup Forums Support the Death Penalty?

Only for politicians and murderers caught in the act.

>for treason
>for serial or mass murder
>for rape-murder combo'ing a child

Shoot them in the chest so that they die on their feet like a man. We are not animals, as we at least give them the privilege to die with honor, no matter how much of a sniveling weasel they may be

Just fucking no. USSR is a great example how government tend to abuse it.
But I support the idea of choice between life sentence and death penalty

This. I'm all for granting criminals a swift death.

>USSR is a great example how government tend to abuse it.

Right, now they just shoot you in the back in front of kremlin while the street cleaning utility vehicle is blocking the camera view for a few seconds.

> they just shoot you in the back
Fix: arrest me for a repost/comment on social media or another absurd shit, then throw me in jail where i die within a few months naturally
Just saying, no matter how good government is, if there is death penalty, they WILL abuse their right to kill people to get rid of "political criminals"

Let's give it a second life.

They don't have any burden of proof, they're innocent until proven guilty.

Execution is the easy way out for them. Life in prison is a much worse sentence than death. I do support euthanasia though.

Only for treason.

>Whistle blowing isn't treason if it helps the populous.

In this I am 100% libertarian. The only punishment the state should be able to deal out is banishment and death.

No, 4% are not proven innocent, 4% are shown that the state does not have significant evidence of fault. They are probably still guilty, the state just has not proved this.

The death penalty only makes sense if you're a christKEK who believes in the great sky daddy and hell. Life in a tiny cell with no parole is infinitely worse than death because hell doesn't real.

This is in the case of an already sentenced person, ALREADY found guilty.

I was speaking strictly about those who are on the death row but claim innocence without any base to do so.

Yes. Effectively for the types of violent crimes mostly perpetrated by mudpeople. Muslims are 70% of our prison population, it's just not working.

Prison is meant to :

1. protect society from people too dangerous to let run loose.
2. punish criminals by putting them in a cage.
3. rehabilitate those that can still get their shit together.

People that are no threat to people and property shouldn't be locked up, petty criminals should get a chance to reform but those beyond redemption should be terminated.

Alternatively, if we had strong borders we should be able to banish people. record their biometrics, revoke their citizenship and release them in some kebab desert.

Yes I support the death penalty and I only wish it was performed faster. I wish the judge whipped out a .500 S&W revolver from under his black robes and executed the defendant right there in court after he hit the gavel.

>Life in a tiny cell with no parole is infinitely worse
Why bother? It won't fix anything and will cost a small fortune. Just get rid of the cunt in the most humane fashion and be done with it.

I think there should be more. Bring back firing squad too, it's cheaper and have the offenders family pay for the ammo. Execute immediately after trial if it's without a doubt and at the 3 year trial anniversary of conviction to save money, no more waiting 20-40 years on death row. Make it public/pay per view for all pedos and sexual offenders.

You think that until you're staring death in the face

Absolutely, for terrible crimes where the criminal is guilty beyond all reasonable doubt (i.e: rape and murder of children, mass murderer/serial killer) Basically anybody who is too much of a liability to ever think about releasing again, might as well get rid with immediate execution instead of feeding, pampering and protecting them for half a century.

Going to prison for most of these thugs is a rite of passage. Many actively seek to go to prison because they can't function in the outside world.

People who cannot adhere to a simple social contract of genuine and righteous behavior among his fellow man ought to just be exterminated and removed from the gene pool.

How about an Escape from Los Angeles scenario? Deport them to a prison Island and let them figure it out.

youtube.com/watch?v=XJpznMaZ85c

Sure. Kill 'em all.

The problem is right there in the title. They'll escape.

I can make a 7.62mm round in my garage for about $0.45 while execution drugs cost thousands. If that's not humane enough drug with a heavy dose of heroin then use an air piston like they do for cows. Would still be cheaper.

The entire prison system needs reformed.

>drug companies like pfizer which happily produce drugs for children and bribes doctors to drug kids up for no reason left and right realize some of their drugs are used for lethal injection to execute prisoners

>"oh no we cant let them do that thats horrible we're libcucks we believe in treating people humanely"

>continues making all those shitty drugs used to drug up largely innocent and normal children

>now executions have to use shitty drugs that dont actually kill people really, or are put on stall

>libcucks now have more of an excuse to whine that the death penalty is wrong

>many murderers on death row now arent being executed like they deserve but they get a boost in popularity while continuing shoving drugs down the throats of the children of single moms, and orphans, essentially as a substitute for a father figure

god i fucking hate pharmaceutical companies so fucking much