Why does North America contain so many Dead Malls?

Why does North America contain so many Dead Malls?

What keeps killing them?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sears_Holdings
youtu.be/V9qRCMrfheo
youtu.be/WWXTjJK_4dA
youtu.be/8jCFSJUr4-k
youtu.be/DBYFQ5rOL5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kikes, probably.

Zellers didn't keep up with the times. Retail changes fast with every generation.
Like Kmart too.

Trump will make malls great again.

Mainly, the white middle class did not adapt to changing times, and through their own stupidity and poor choices, did not maintain their level of earnings and wages, so they could not support the local malls and thus many are failing. If you want to blame someone, blame white lower and middle classes that are getting their asses kicked by immigrants who did not have anywhere near the educational opportunities that americans had but just work a hell of a lot harder.

Kmart is still alive somehow though.
I see their ads on Sup Forums when mobile.

I can understand Sears staying afloat, but who the hell shops at Kmart?

Kmart been ded in Canada for years now

US wages have decreased relative to inflation for the last 30 years.

Everyone is poorer.

That is before you consider the wallmart/amazon/internet shopping effects.

Now THIS is shitposting

because theyre tacky and overpriced for goods that are typically of lesser quality

aka they fucking suck and should of never existed

i mean i buy most of my stuff at either costco, amazon or home depot/lowes. why would i ever want to go to some smelly shit stain on the side of the road with lights that glow of a sickly yellow and flicker whenever someone flushes the toilet

Niggers. Whites got tired of having to fight their way through hordes of rabid niggers to enjoy a Cinnabon cinnamon roll while shopping for khaki pants and loafers.

This is my honest view. I know it is a not a popular view on a xenophobic and tribal board like Sup Forums but I felt obligated to say what i feel about it regardless.

>What keeps killing them?
Building too many fucking malls.

Our local Kmart closed down a couple months ago. All that is left is Giant Eagle and Walmart

Niggers

They suck anyway, and massive chain supermarkets like Wal-Mart/Target can do what they do for the most part better or more cheaply.

Unregulated Capitalism.
Monopolies have created a one nation shopping center, Walmart, Meijer, and etc....
Inflation.
Deliberate government neglect, our government would rather invest money in weapons than economic infrastructure.
Too poor to afford anything.
Trump isn't going to do sh1t, stfu little kids, that red hat might as well say "I am a dumbass".

You're right for the wrong reasons

>I can understand Sears staying afloat, but who the hell shops at Kmart?

They're owned by the same company.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sears_Holdings

hey racist go kill yoruself

the internet.

Tfw a lot of American malls were sold to Westfield (Kangaroo company, I reckon) before the massive mall die off.

Same moves we pulled on China w shit like Hummer, etc

Walmart came to Canada and made it a more fun shopping experience.
Zellers and Kmart was so run down and fucking depressing to even enter.

>t. worked retail management for 13 years

This is correct.

Surprised it took so long for the correct reply.

>fort erie faggot

Kill yourself you fucking backwater hick.
Fucking pedo piece of shit.

1. Nogs
2. Online shopping

Equal blame

Target killed a ton of small town Canadian malls.

They took over Zellers anchor stores and left within a couple years.

The only time I go to malls is if I'm buying something I can't get ANYWHERE else, like when i need to try on clothes etc.

I have 2 options

buy something on Amazon or online somehow:
>fast and easy to find what I need
>get it within 2 days
>isnt overpriced

go to the mall:
>need to drive ~10+ minutes to get there
>need to walk past poor people to get to the store
>mall smells like shit, dirty, degenerates everywhere
>need to parse through a bunch of garbage to find what I need
>probably massively overpriced

Why the fuck would I choose to go to the mall for ANYTHING that i can buy online, it takes way longer to find what i want, i have to walk among the poor and degenerate, theres undisciplined children everywhere, its gross, etc.

Malls are GONE when I can get 99% of what I want delivered by drone within a few hours

>3$ for a bottle of water

Gee I wonder why

yeah blame everything on blacks..trying looking at yourself in the mirror for once.

> Unregulated Capitalism
Malls never would have been able to compete with large shopping supercenters anyway due to vertical integration and economies of scale, no matter how you tried to unfairly tamper with things. They also are cultureless and shitty, not exactly much better, if you aren't saving money with them as opposed to an alternative there's no point.

never stop shitposting, dale

Fuck malls. Put the stores back on broadway.

Because malls depend upon smaller businesses.

Small business has pretty much been killed by commercial real estate speculation.

online shopping

wew i wonder who could be behind this post

Even when I go to a mall it's like 90% female stores anyway so why bother.

I just order everything I can online, even groceries now. I just pick it up bagged and ready to go after work.

Malls and retail stores thrive here, even the small shops. But I do see walmarts and mcdonalds coming in and taking a lot of business. But the malls still survive because they still contain more selection and it is a bit of a status symbol to buy your girlfriend stuff at the mall.

>1. Nogs
2. Online shopping

Equal blame

this

Blacks killed towson mall. I'm sure they killed others.

F E M A
C A M P S

It took this long for the correct answer? You are losing your touch Sup Forums

Why would I go to the mall when I can get anything I want shipped to my door the same day I order it for less money and hassle on Amazon.com?

>being triggered by the truth

Middle class is getting poorer, cant afford to spend on frivolous things like they used to

Also online shopping

It's because niggers ruined the malls and shopping online greatly reduces the opportunity of running into a nigger.

Niggers killed them. We got tired of having to wade through a sea of loafing Niggers looking for their next target to rob and rape just for the opportunity to browse goods that were covered in soul glow, chicken grease and smelled like coco butter.

Now our malls are where all the drug addicts and Niggers congregate from 9am - 9pm.

Niggers. people who fancy acting like niggers, and online competition.

This

Theyre the only people that hang around them all day.

>tfw you see the Chinese buying up Hollywood

I can think of another business that used to make you leave your house to buy something.

Walmart, Target, etc. Also, I feel amazon and online shopping in general kills malls also, since you can order shit from home and never leave the house.

I got to mall and see a pack of fucking apes chimping out. I dont want to deal with that shit so I go online.

>those stupid whites just wouldnt work for less than the legally mandated minimum! Foolish! I bet they didnt even get hired under the table so their employer saves money on expenditures associated with hiring actual citizens!

internet... why should i visit a mall packed with niggers when i can order whatever from the comfort of my own home

Online shoppping.

Retail stores are still around, they've just moved to strip malls and outdoor plazas. They have more visibility to passing car traffic that way, and customers can park right in front of their store of choice rather than walking half a mile through the mall.

Our local mall is falling apart and yet the owners charge west edmonton mall levels of rent for the stores

so a new mall opened literally adjacent to the parking lot of the old one and it's ALREADY got more active shit in it than the old one

Entropy. Back when everybody had a job and shit was cheap. Now you've got unemployed people and the price of a day out shopping is about half of what you make in a fucking week.

Yes, that's why I was making the comparison.

Online shopping. I'm a mailman and I see it every morning. It's fucking crazy. It's really the only way USPS will continue on after robots start to deliver mail.

youtu.be/V9qRCMrfheo

youtu.be/WWXTjJK_4dA

youtu.be/8jCFSJUr4-k

youtu.be/DBYFQ5rOL5M

I could go on

the niggers that roam them. it's just best to get things online now to avoid niggers

Amazon, obviously.
Are you retarded?

Maybe if you stopped talking and started listening you would learn things...

In my town our Sears is closing but the Kmart is staying open, for now anyway. Our entire mall is on the verge of folding though. Between online retail and the fact that our entire region (western PA) has been slowly going to shit since the 90's, I'm surprised we have what we have.

My local mall is always crowded; tons of white people out and about, spending money like good goyim. Then again I live in a mostly white area.
However when I went to a mall in Ft Myers, Florida, it was a wasteland. Very few patrons, just nigs and latinos wandering around like hoodlums.

>let's impoverished the entire world with the Petrodollar and then flood the homeland with starving 3rd world beaners of all stripes

groups of ""unsupervised youths""
hint - they iz kangs

Regulations that decreased tax rates for small businesses were federally enacted under Obama, it was already bad and now its worse.

> cultureless and shitty
Thak god you have Walmart instead now.

Years and years and years ago, the mall in my city was renovated. They redid almost everything, tore down several sections to rebuild, built an entirely new parking lot/garage and all sorts of other shit.
The first day it was all reopened, cops from not just my city, but all the surrounding cities and towns had to respond to a massive brawl involving over a hundred niggers.

>Monopolies have created a one nation shopping center
>lists multiple shopping centers

ffs. "government neglect" hasn't prevented those other stores from operating all this time, have they? And if people were too poor to support malls, they're too poor to support any stores, so that's not it either.

I shop at kmart since is close to where i work and is peaceful to shop at.

>Have thriving mall in area. Mostly as a proxy because of the K-Mart it was attached to.
>K-Mart closes down
>Mall slowly becomes a wasteland over the last 12 years
>Rent too high. Only other thing keeping customers coming is specialty subjects like Radioshack and a sporting center
>tfw all that remains is a Hallmark center, a travel agency, insurance center, a few off-brand clothing sections and the Kohls that bought the space that K-Mart had left

If the Kohls were instead a Sams Club, the mall wouldn't be such a shitshow.

>malls still survive

It's temporary. That's the point of this thread. Malls work for a short time, then burn out and leave desolation behind.

Wait ten years and you'll see. Once it starts, it crashes quickly.

> status symbol

That shit doesn't last. It's pure marketing propaganda. People figure real quick what quality is, and how to get it at affordable costs instead of getting ass-raped.

Some of the property owned by companies like Westfield are being converted to retail living 'loft spaces' they are creating keeps againboyz hail the new dark ages are coming

the local kmart has a gamecube display up and running

a
game
cube
display

let that sit in for a moment

they dont even sell gamecube games anymore
but cant afford the display for even a dated PS3 or Xbox360

i havent been in over a year so i'm not sure if its still there but i feel like it is

In the 90's malls were the best hangout for white people.

Now they're constantly swarmed with poor minorities unless it's a sale weekend. Also everything you get at the mall you can get online now. Most white people never go into the mall interior anymore, just the outlying shops that are still okay.

Niggers

Why go to a mall and deal with Tyrone stealing purses, then Latoya's 6 kids causing havoc in the food court when I can just buy the same thing online, often cheaper or with extra gifts

Did you read my post? I said exactly that there's nothing they offer that stores like Wal-Mart or Target don't, even if they are cultureless and shitty too.

The internet.

malls are fun places for young people to hang out at. This is perfectly fine when the IQ is around 100... however when the malls starts to get infested by loitering 80-85~ shitskins, the people with money won't go anymore.

Wow it got new updates?
Are they good?

Income stagnation
Online ordering

Malls run on profit. A lot of dead malls are in middle America. Middle America is getting poorer, therefore dead malls are a barometer or sorts.

Internet shopping of course

The mall in my town is on its last leg, pretty sad to visit because I can remember it thriving 10+ years ago. Shopping online is better these days, way more options. That and you have nigs that take the bus to the mall with $1.75 in their pocket and they just walk around starting shit.

The only thing worth going into a mall for is clothing. And only when there's a huge sale. Literally everything else can be had cheaper and better elsewhere.

This 100%

80s and 90s Austin Texas

About mid to late 90s due to cheap bus system nogs start infesting malls.

Northcross mall, I remember going every weekend with my girlfriend, eventually we stop going when we keep running into swarms of niggers.

I wasn't even racist at the time, but it was clearly becoming dangerous and unwelcoming

Too many were built and they became standardized and out of touch with the local culture. Also, Niggers.

Niggers are attracted to urban decay. It's the only place they fit in.

The mall is white peoples old shit. A hand-me-down. We don't give a fuck about it anymore, that's when the niggers show up.

Internet shopping certainly takes a whack out of the profits, but the problem is malls were no longer welcoming.

People like to touch things before they buy them, it's not worth it however if there are swarms of nogs everywhere.

Niggers are the cause of urban decay user.. they ethnically cleanse the area and then it goes to shit

That's not even kind of true where I live. Malls are plenty welcoming.

Stop living in an area with niggers.

/problem

Malls were popular because kids and teenagers loved them. On one hand many of the things we went to the mall for as kids are cheaper or in better selection at Amazon, iTunes, Steam, etc. or free (parents already paying for them) on Netflix and Spotify. Kids lost interest in toys as video games became more popular. They lost interest in music as rock & roll collapsed and with it the album as an institution. Amazon killed Borders and most of the other book chains. At some point the clothing and other shops that girls frequented saw the writing on the wall and relocated downtown.

Meanwhile the mass media had been mocking mall culture for decades, and the notion got into the back of the young American mind that shopping is vulgar and that vulgarity invalidates the mall as a social space. "We can do all this and more at the park," we told ourselves, then went to the park three times a year and never saw anyone we knew.

Pic related hits me kind of hard for some reason. The good old malls had these areas where you would sit and just watch people, drink your smoothie or Orange Julius and listen to the fountains and either shitty music or just echoes of everything going on around you. If you were a boy you would sit with your dad or your friend and his dad, waiting for the girls and women to finish at the department stores and clothing shops. If you were a girl you would sit with your mom or your friend and her mom, waiting for the boys and men to finish at the bookstores and Babbages or Software Etc. What you do now is sit at home, playing with your tablet or the computer, or go to the playground and see a different set of kids every time, or go to Starbucks and be surrounded by strangers.

At least we still have bars, for now. Unless you're a kid, then you don't have those anymore either.

The kmart by me shut down a few months ago and it was run like shit for the past 3 years

The Mall Rat subculture grew up.
Parking was shit - back when malls were used.
Nigger/Mexican gangs lurk inside/outside them now waiting to stab you for your wallet and shoes.
The stores are all overpriced same shit.
The Internet is a more pleasant, simpler and cheaper way of shopping.
K-Mart is owned by Sears Holding. Shutting down K-Marts, getting out of the expensive leases for those big boxes, and using the Closing Events to sell off a lot of shit is the only thing really helping keep Sears afloat. Once they're run out of K-Marts to shut down and liquidate they're going to have to start doing it to their Sears locations.

No, it goes to shit then the niggers show up and put the final nail in.

If malls made money, niggers wouldn't be there.

This isn't chicken before the egg. This is definitively one thing phasing out and niggers showing up after.