WARNING: DNA

Do not get your DNA sequenced by any of these companies like Ancestry and the like, as there are no protections for your DNA under the current legal system. If you do get it sequenced, it can be sold to the highest bidder. Identifying information doesn't need to be stripped either.

It's like those idiots who willingly gave the CIA their fingerprints through iPhones.

Other urls found in this thread:

23andme.com/en-gb/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Damn you guys are getting good at detecting slide threads.

What can someone do with your DNA? Better not ever have your blood drawn at the doctor either I suppose.

The doctor can't give away your personal data or your body parts without your approval.

don't you know what DNA stands for?

Does
Not
Actually
(Exist)

you fell for their psy-op hook line and stinker

If I had no-so-good genetics, what would they even do, though?

Well when the "right" person comes to power, you could be targeted for ... cleansing

£1,500 for what

Insurance companies would use it to charge you higher rates if your not good genetics left you with predispositions to certain illnesses.

>mfw NHS

wtf i hate DNA now.

Been saying this ever since those post started coming up ages ago. No one takes it seriously or cares. Well don't come crying to me when you find out you have a gene in your body worth billions but it's already been stolen and patented by 23andme, Or when they try to replace you with a clone.

They already passed a bill in 2009 saying they cant so that.

Hmm curious, what could they do with said billion $$ gene?

>implying they didn't take my dna the second I was born in a (((hospital)))

when i die, maby sometimes they will clone me.

>It's like those idiots who willingly gave the CIA their fingerprints through iPhones.
Why fear when I have nothing to hide?

But user, anyone can extract DNA with shit they have around their house. It's really not that hard.

reeeeeeeeeeeee

All these DNA test companies, except for the Mormons, are owned and operated by joos. Where joos are found, don't hang around!

>What can someone do with your DNA
Find out your your hereditary health conditions, for example, so someone could poison you more effectively. Your genetic history too, in case someone decided to make you a non-person or unfit to breed in dystopian dictatorship.

Usually goes to pharma companies to make things from it if its useful. They profit on it instead of you.

can you share your email address and password please? I'd like to read through it and you obviously have nothing to hide.

That's the most retarded thing ever. Even if you did have a gene that was worth billions, you'd never know it anyway.

>someone could poison you more effectively
Who would poison you if you have nothing to hide?

Which is the Mormon one?

Its happened before Italy.

Have you committed a crime?

Someone that decided you have something to hide. What's legal today, and thus not necessary to hide, might become illegal tomorrow.

what are the safe alternatives?

Ive been arrested a few times so The government would have my fingerprints either way

>2017
>still thinks DNA exists

Kek

Is that the only stipulation to desire privacy?

No shit. Anyone who willingly gives up data as personal as their fucking genetic makeup deserves what's coming to them.

Link?

The onus is on you to provide proof that it doesn't exist, as the proof it does exist is substantial.

wow what a faggot this guy is get a load of this guy

Have you done something we should know about?

The fact that you won't answer the question is indeed troubling.

actual biochemist/nuclear medicine chemist fag here...

yeah its pretty spooky but modern health care will transition into preventative health care and result in longer lifespan. ex. they ID multiple things that make you susceptible to colon cancer more than average joe. screening more often and catching it early saves loads of cash.

Also personalized healthcare based upon DNA is a thing in holland/finland/other places. Essentially some of us have differeing copies of liver enzymes, sometimes none, sometimes multiple which makes us all metabolize drugs different.

Turns out you might just be a unique snowflake special good boy point earning darling afterall :^) now eat your tendies and give me a saliva sample

I remember reading that koreans have no concept of privacy, but I expected better of you, japan

>implying people won't break the law

Have you? Are you sure it won't be illegal in 10 years? Or 20?
Don't deflect, user.

>tfw orphaned
>tfw don't know my ethnicity
>tfw don't know my hereditary conditions

is there no safe way to find out then ?
I was really considering taking one of these when I had enough money

I was thinking of getting a DNA analysis from 23and me but it costs a lot of coin - £129.
I'd don't have enough money to put into this.
23andme.com/en-gb/

I roughly know my family tree as my dad (RIP) researched it through parish records; births, marriages and deaths.
All of these things are public record. My mum has a huge piece of paper that my dad made showing my family tree.
It's meticulously plotted. He did a good job of it.
It's easier to trace the male line as the tradition is for the woman to take the surname of the spouse.
My dad was French. From Clermond-Ferrand in central France. My mum is English. My wife is Scottish.
There is all sorts of stuff in my genetic inheritance, but it's mainly English, French and Irish. According to records.

Genetics is interesting. But all these threads on Sup Forums about 'is xyz white' are shit.
I want to get a DNA test as it will show predisposition to various illnesses and diseases.
But as I said, it's not cheap.

>If you do get it sequenced, it can be sold to the highest bidder.
Who the shit would even buy that? You've been playing way too much Assassin's Creed, kid.

> Rationing
Regulation in the Healthcare industry, at least in America, has always worked perfectly well, just like intended, right?

its not done by doctors, its private companies that will find you heritage

the fact that you are trying to justify surveillance is troubling

Another win for the GOP

It's a new bill that lets companies demand that you get your DNA sequenced so that they can give better "health benefits" but really it just means they can chose not to insure you if you are at risk.

Guess what bill will be removed soon

Yeah but Holland and Finland aren't countries run by evil corporations who don't give a single fuck about helping you, only selling your information.

Just ask your doctor

because the future of biometrics is uncertain.
Do you want you Social security and all your personal information out for everyone to see?
no, didn't think so.

Same goes for DNA. once it's out, it's out and you cannot change that, and the laws around what companies can do with that info are almost non-existent at this point. Why do you think they push those sequencing services so hard?

Yeah and why would Facebook need to use neural networks to know what products you buy down to a T. No way anyone would need that stuff.

When you're surrounded by enemies, you should have some things hidden. Keep them on their toes. But if you let them through your sock drawer and all they see is socks. They no longer fear you.

>tfw nhs

also my doctor wont be able to find out who my parents are
because not even the hospital knew

Unless your a male baby in america that is. Then off with the foreskin.