What's up with "soul food"?

What's up with "soul food"?

Majority of cusines can be respected for their depth, unique tastes and cultural heritage. Indian , thai, chinese, English, French.... they all have their culinary specialities.

But black americans.... the fuck are they doing!? Their food is so simplistic and unhealthy. Fried chicken, mashed potato, macaroni cheese. That's literally it. No depth at all....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HffOj--p9bU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Black_Muslim_Bakery
youtu.be/CuYdImZEDtY
youtube.com/watch?v=FnIMCpevwTs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

thats actually appropriated white cuisine. fried chicken, for instance, is from scotland.

Soul-food evolved from the ingredients provided by slave owners. Essentially animal product that white people won't eat.

pigs knuckles, chicken feet, tongue, mullet fish..
...kack..

I'd believe this. Don't they eat like intestines and other shitty parts of the animal? Grits or something is just shitty parts of the animal? Or am I high?

Grits isn't meat..

Yeah I dont know what I'm thinking of. It's like all the shitty parts of the animal.

I dont know I'm not a soul food research scientist! Frig off.

Grits is made out of corn.

You're thinking of chitterlings, or "chitlins" which is make of pork intestine.

You haven't lived until you've had hog's maws with collard green and a side of fried okra and chitlins. Who expect a cracker to know nothing about no damn REAL food. Smdh

Poor people buy lower quality food. Sweeteners and sodium make it taste better. You see the same trend with poor whites; it's not a nigger thing.

Soul food is god damn delicious.

What you describe as soul food is not soul food. If there was only a place on Sup Forums to discuss food and food related stuff.
I will email Mook and get him on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=HffOj--p9bU

Did you watch that Itis episode of Boondocks?

You might want to watch the 14th season of Top Chef. Its set in Charleston, SC, and it focuses on Southern Cuisine. There is more variety to Southern cuisine than you think. Southern food is growing in popularity, and healthier versions of traditional southern and Soul food recipes are being made.

Offal?

Pâté is fucking ace.
and its insides

In the United States, you don't need to be black to have a diet of strictly junk food.

>>/ck/

Are you autistic?

>the one time black nationalists tried to make a healthy bakery and it immediately becomes mired in criminal conspiracy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Black_Muslim_Bakery
Soul food tastes good and doesn't come with kidnapping and murder.

Yeah that's more or less what I mean. They don't call it that I don't think though. But yeah, like the shitty parts of the animals.

Yep. Mississippi user here (Scotish/Irish) and no niggers from the woodpile in the DNA but southern soul food is good. Fuck any body that don't like watermelon, fried chicken, collard greens, hog maw, crackling cornbread, sweet potatoes, blackeyed peas, hamburger steak and gravy...

Ya'll mother fuckers missing out thinking food is racist. Don't eat it, that means more for me

youtu.be/CuYdImZEDtY

Poor Americans have the worst diet in the world, let alone they're not starving like in the third world.

MMMMMHHHHMM

How stupid can black people be?

Whites stuff the intestines with meats and seasonings and make delicious sausages.

Blacks just eat the casings and drown it in cheap hot sauce.

Yet white people can't cook?

Soon we're going to have to lower the mental retardation line to an IQ of 60 because of these chimps.

It's true. Poor people in Asia and India aren't starving, they actually eat high quality locally grown vegetables. Poor Americans eat cheap 10 cent ramen noodles. Even upper-middle class Americans eat a lot of fast food because they spend all their time working.

youtube.com/watch?v=FnIMCpevwTs

You forgot peanut butter, lad.

>using a metal fork in non-stick pan
>using metal spatula in non-stick pan
nigger opinion discarded

isn't "soul food" just southern food and soul food the nigger attempt at food?

for real, what the fuck