Dare I say

Is Nietzsche /ourphilosopher/?

Nihilism described by him is the epitome of being based

Other urls found in this thread:

pjmedia.com/blog/the-bizarre-case-of-nietzsche-the-pro-jewish-writer-who-inspired-a-million-anti-semites/
scriptures.ru/tripura1.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Holy shit, for a board full of stormweenies that will scream "Hitler did nothing wrong!", nobody gets behind the guy the coined the phrase "Ubermensch"?

t. I don't understand the meaning of Ubermensch

And I'm sure you're quite the expert, Nigel

>Nietzsche
>nihilism

retard

Hey, Nietzsche was absolutely right. And he nailed modern religion for the scam it is.

>waiting for the inevitable "GOOD GOY, CAST ASIDE YOUR RELIGION" meme

They are all literally a big joke

>Nihilism described by him is the epitome of being based
He was spot on about morality being relative. Men make the morals. Then immoral men create "gods" to enforce the morals.

SCHOPENHAUER

My friend who spent a year or so in prison got really into this guy around the time his wife filed for a divorce

oh don't get me wrong, he was a visionary and I think one of the most important philosophers of the 19th century.

But he saw what nihilism and the death of religion and morality would bring, and he didn't like it.

He worked very hard to develop a new living ideology so that man could still ascend and become elevated above others, could live a life worth living, yet he was alone in this struggle, and became mad at the difficulty of creating this new vision.

That's collectivism. It's exactly the outcome the Illuminati intended when they set up Nihilism against Materialism. You've now accepted collectivism as a necessary norm. Congratulations, you dumb fucking commie.

Morality is undeniably objective to any given individual.

Even then, user, Nietzsche specifically thought that a man makes his own morals, and by that example, holds up to others that they should make their own. He held nothing against religion, specifically, but the concept of organized religion seemed wasted, if I remember correctly. Hence, the Ubermensch. The idea of the individual, not of a group. Really interesting stuff.

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

I think this user puts it better than I do, and with fewer words. Ultimately, Nietzsche wanted people to make their own path, and to live life to their specific fullest, as an individual.

Ecce Homo is one of the most important books ever written. It's so short and gets right to the point too. I really recommend to read it and take it seriously even though it is slightly tongue in cheek - the advice is solid as fuck.

That book was one of my initial redpills. It teaches you how to take care of yourself physically and also shows how society positions us to care about all the wrong things as being important.

I think that it's really hard to understand Neitzche's words and works if you haven't gone through a period of extreme sickness or physical disability in your life. His insights only come after struggling against yourself for a long time.

holy fucking ass crackers

15 posts in and no one has used degenerate or shill yet

this has to be a Sup Forums record

I encourage every user to read up his "genealogy of morals", redpilled as fuck, and gives you a very interesting insight in the origin of morality and the infamous dialectic between master morality and slave morality.

Nietzsche is the plebians choice

Schopenhauer is the patricians philosopher, only once you've embraced the true despair of living can you call yourself enlightened.

>But he saw what nihilism and the death of religion and morality would bring, and he didn't like it.
He didn't like what post-religion would look like, because he knew the natural tendency was to look for replacement gods.

I look at what John Rawls created with Contractarianism and I see in a small way some of the ideal Nietzsche was working on.

>Nietzsche is the plebians choice
>Schopenhauer is the patricians philosopher

BOTH PLEBS.

funcktioning nihilism (N) and budhism (Sch.) are both trash. To understand the Faustian spirit you have to know Jesus.

I know you, you are that pleb

Something like pic related I imagine

pjmedia.com/blog/the-bizarre-case-of-nietzsche-the-pro-jewish-writer-who-inspired-a-million-anti-semites/

Hell, there's nothing wrong with just going and reading Goethe's Faust anyway, it's a great read. I love that sort of stuff.

t. Mirko Poglavnik

>A man whose only desire was to see Hegel fall
>A man who failed miserably
>A man whose classes were empty because all the students ran to Hegel

Really, his only accomplishment was giving birth to Nietzsche

Thus Spake Zarathustra is better imho. It's a hard read, but it's worth it.

>Faust

I want to name my kid that way, such a badass name. The myth of faust was a widespread myth in German states at that time and it trully represents the germanic/mitteleuropa soul, Nietzsche was a classicist which is a position that is anti-romantic and anti-personal (because stoicism), that is why I reject his solutions.

>That's collectivism. It's exactly the outcome the Illuminati intended when they set up Nihilism against Materialism. You've now accepted collectivism as a necessary norm. Congratulations, you dumb fucking commie.

No, it is not necessarily collectivism. I get how you would think that. Anarchy is the absence of any government, but collectives and micro-capitalism between them naturally form.

You can't be an ubermensch as a slave to religion or a slave of the state or a slave to material culture, but godless anarchy is the start of the rebuilding process

1. Fritz wasn't a nihilist.
2. He hated German nationalism.
3. He hated anti-semitism.
4. If you're human you're not an ubermensch.
5. None of you are smart enough to understand his writings.

t. actual philosopher.

John Rawls is terrible! I don't understand how you can possibly see the link between him and Nietzsche?

>it's a hard read
Yeah I think so , it makes it too inaccessible to most people. it's the kind of book that needs to be distilled for others.

Ecce homo though is really simple and straightforward.

>Men make the morals. Then immoral men create "gods" to enforce the morals.

t. plebian high school classicist who just skimmed trough geneology of morals

how do you nietzscheans explain that more virtue (in nietzschean sense of the word) came out of slave morality of christianity than out of greek/roman paganism? Nietsches critique of Chr is lame and onedimensional af.

>1. Fritz wasn't a nihilist.

yes he was, he just didnt like the outcome of nihilism. but had the ideal of "deal with it" about it, as did the Greeks.

classicism as I understand it, finds the perfect link between cold, sterilizing rationalism , and overly passionate, superstitious, larping romanticism.

Mens sana in corpore sano. Gravitas, Pietas, Dignitas, strong sense of honor, beauty, proportion, self-mastery, virtue ethics, pursuit of reason,...

>None of you are smart enough to understand his writings
>actual philosopher

You sound like a twat

Philosofag here too

I hate seeing morons on this board in threads like these

How do you deal with the rage?

no, have you even read (non compacts) anything from him?

Wrong. Recognizing that value comes from the individual isn't nihilistic. And sense morals are a kind of values- moral derive from one's own judgment.

That's not nihilistic- anymore than saying consciousness is rooted in individuals.

The Übermensch was someone who created his own morals and through the "will to power" enforced it on the "masses". And his "God is dead" meant that the through the industrial revolution and everything that came with it (new technology, philosophy, ideas) finally allowed the Man to focus on his "mortal" life, not to live it in the hope of a reward or fear of a punishment in the afterlife.

Ask Antifa Cookiefu about Neechee

The biggest problem with Nietzsche is that he underestimated the power of the weak, because the weak and the poor have the numbers on their side. The overman will always be outnumbered and zergrushed by the hordes.

Ok Sup Forums give me the best Philosopher's you can recommend. I'm bored and ready for a reading spree

>thinks he's smarter than everyone
>conned into paying tens of thousands of dollars for a useless degree

nihilism is how they jewed Fred. They always embed anything good in a mountain of garbage to confuse and conflate

>more virtue (in nietzschean sense of the word) came out of slave morality of christianity than out of greek/roman paganism?
Constantine. He made Christianity Roman law

Well it's not a walk in the park, I'll give you that.

Then why aren't the hordes zergrushing right now? why are billionaires still in charge of everything and control our lives?

Transmetropolitan was a stellar graphic novel. The arc from related pic touched on a lot of these topics. (nihilism, etc.)

>classicism as I understand it, finds the perfect link between cold, sterilizing rationalism , and overly passionate, superstitious, larping romanticism.

yes, but classicism never brings up the question of human existence, that is why existentialism exclusivly comes from judaism/chr/muslims. individualism in classicism is replaced by sophisticated collectivism.

in that sense classicism is one dimensional, but it allows you to function pretty good - both nietzsche and camus stuck with a form of it. But in the end its a dishonest world view.

in terms of raw strenght nothing is comparable to occidental civilization.

I did, she's a certified retard

Sent her pic related and it must of blew her goddamn mind because she recoiled back to Marx

Feminists HATE Nietzsche and Schopenhauer

kranja daj ohladi malo

>Wrong. Recognizing that value comes from the individual isn't nihilistic.

I wasnt reffering to that, but a metaphisical position of Nietzsche i.e. that our existence is nihilism/chaos and we have to embrace it and deal with it. Sure a value system can come evem from that but its far from authentic.

Evola. Revolt Against The Modern World. Begin there if you want to truly understand the spiritual crisis we are in.

>I pay thousands of dollars to hear what a teacher's opinion because I'm too stupid to interpret it for myself, in my own worldview.

moron

No you shouldn't start at evola. You won't understand anything he's saying without a basic understanding of the Western philosophical tradition

>philosophy is easy

mang.

true

What then ?? I'm genuinely curious

what exatly do you mean with the question of human existence?

Many nations, societies that subscribed to classical values had a pretty solid grip on who they were, why they were there, what their purpose was,....

Now post the graph with return on investment for different majors

You don't think so?

To each his own. I do have a background with older philosophy. Who would you suggest someone starts with?

>Nitzsche was a nihilist
How about you read before you say stupid shit?

If you want something different, triad Dattatreya.

This stuff is incredibly ancient. One of the oldest philosophy books available.

scriptures.ru/tripura1.htm

That which does not kills us makes us stronger

leaf

Funny how the Buddha didn't reach enlightenment until he was about to give up.
Very narrow minded view of buddhism. Many bad dehiscence philosophers, summarizing it into a feeling, say it is sympathetic joy. to suffer together with joy can be akin to other religions. All of them find strength in what is good, they just disagree on how to get there(sorta).

you shouldn't take philosophy as your degree in uni. waste of time and money.

I hate to talk like that, because it comes across as though I value shekels over cultivation of the mind, but the fact is that philosophy curriculum has been raped in our modern age.

and especially in america where you end up with giant debts, it is just not a good decision to study philosophy.

self study is superior, sadly

dont have it, but im pretty sure it isnt good for average 130IQ philo majors (unless you are Soroses son who has the same major)

>what exatly do you mean with the question of human existence?

the questions emo teenagers ask themselves and which mostly reman unanswered after which those same qs are put under the rug after you integrate into society. Christians look at those questions as legitimate, but Classicist looked at them as a side of weakness/inability to "look at the abyss" (lack of stoicism).

>reason

profligate

>flag
I'm much surprised you can read.

And yep, he never had any words about nihilism and existentialism, never spoke on the matter

Philosophy is hard, but it's about interpretation and nothing is without bias. Neither the "giver" and nor the "receiver".

uh no. payed about 5k for undergrad and grad was free. now i work 2-3 days a week for an hour-2 at a time.

pretty sure it's a good deal. Your got some jelly on your blue collar.

Nihilism is the cancer that's killing the west. It causes people to believe that life is pointless and leads to more degeneracy. You'll figure this out after high school.

>I hate to talk like that, because it comes across as though I value shekels over cultivation of the mind, but the fact is that philosophy curriculum has been raped in our modern age.
>and especially in america where you end up with giant debts, it is just not a good decision to study philosophy.

philosophy is actually far less cucked than fields like socilogy, psychology, anthropology and rest of humanities. But phil students often end up as brooding people (regardless of job outcome, the problem is that too many of them stick to deep introspectivism).

>Philosophy is hard, but it's about interpretation and nothing is without bias.

dont think that science is any different. Even in hardcore sciences there is place for subjectivism.

look here

So reject the morality of your ancestors that has been gleaned from thousands of years of experience and is ultimately responsible for your very existence.

Everyone must do this.

Only this will make us 'individuals'.

Do you not see the flaw? He's just trying to clean the slate so you be forever Stockholmed to crimes against all that which is yours.

Start with the Greeks. Plato and Aristotle. Then read Descartes Hegel Schopenhauer Kierkegaard Nietzsche in that order. Then you will actually be able to understand evola

Nitsche was a little faggot who cried over the whipping off a horse, which defines him as an übermensch in his words

Read up on Diogenes, definitely another candidate for /ourphilosopher/

just get ganged raped by some turk roaches for me, please.

If I have a mental break I hope the kindness and love in my heart shows.

>payed about 5k
5k too much. is your job even related to the degree?

I haven't read any of them. I really don't have issues "understanding" Revolt Against The Modern World. Thanks for the list, though. I do have some Plato and Aristotle on my bookshelf. Reading and understanding what came before is sound advice, for any philosophy or music or art, etc.

shouldn't it be Duke Nukem?

> my will will be done

Our to-be strong leader geert wilders is gonna save us from invasive roaches

well, Classicists had many ways to deal with them, and religion isn't anathema to classicism.

take the romans for example; read ab Urbe condita from Livius. and then tell me that it doesn't provide an identity, a source of strength and pride, examples to emulate and ascend, mythical stories that intermingle with reality in a distant past, archetypes to draw inspiration from, no grand vision of a manifest destiny for the Roman people,....

mythology is important, even necessary as complement to the classical ideals.

christianity has been far more overly and intolerant rational than the classical societies.

also classicism=/= stoicism

and stoicism has its own merits

though you are right that classicism can easily fall in the trap of universalism, globalism, humanism,... which is why it needs to be complemented with traditionalism (pietas), and primordial uniqueness

> none of you [..]

are you an Ubermensch or something?

>deracinated cosmopolitan
>degenerate
>hobo
>no respect for tradition or rightful authority

kys

Yep. teach it.

>well, Classicists had many ways to deal with them, and religion isn't anathema to classicism.
>take the romans for example; read ab Urbe condita from Livius. and then tell me that it doesn't provide an identity, a source of strength and pride, examples to emulate and ascend, mythical stories that intermingle with reality in a distant past, archetypes to draw inspiration from, no grand vision of a manifest destiny for the Roman people,....

I agree with everything you said, offcourse classicims can provide an ethnci identity, Greeks were polis ethnos to the core.

My problem with classicism is deeper and its about its actuall lack of existential authenticity (compare the art you are posting with personalited western art of romantic period and art of the 3rd reich which was deeple neoclassicist).

What do you think of philosophy merging with poetry?

In our country we left the philosophers job to the poets, therefore we had a very interesting XXth century, withouth any of the subjectivity shortcomings of classicism.

An example.

The Imaginary Man by Nicanor Parra, Translated by T. Wignesan

The imaginary man
lived in an imaginary house
in the midst of imaginary trees
on the bank of an imaginary river

From walls which are imaginary
hang ancient imaginary framed paintings
irreparable imaginary fissures
which recall imaginary events
which took place in imaginary worlds
in imaginary places and times

Every imaginary afternoon
he goes up imaginary staircases
and leans over the imaginary balcony
to survey the imaginary landscape
which is made up of an imaginary valley
surrounded by imaginary hills

Imaginary shadows
approach from an imaginary path
singing imaginary songs
to the demise of the imaginary sun

And during imaginary moonlit nights
dreams with an imaginary woman
who offered to him (toasting) her imaginary love
once again he felt this same pain
the very same imaginary pleasure
and once again began to palpitate
the heart of the imaginary man

he was a jew loving faggot

eat shit

>a fucking leaf makes terrible suggestions

no surprise there

Nietzsche was red pilled as long as you understand the Christianity he was critical of was the Protestantism in fashion at the time and not the ancient Christianity that gave birth to the great knightly orders, the crusades, and imperial emperors like Justinian I.

>What do you think of philosophy merging with poetry?

Idk, its actually the same but with different mediums of expressing. Dostojevski was actually an existential philosopher. The poet you posted seems very Surrealism.

But who was right in the end?

Nihilism was described by Dostoievski

This guy is the next Nietzsche and is 100x better. He is also obviously influenced by pol in his writing.

>Nihilism was described by Dostoievski

Turgenjev was first to puularise it.

Being redpilled isn't being nihilistic. It's realizing nihilism is the truth, yet still finding meaning and purpose.

>and stoicism has its own merits

A lot of people shit on stoicism on this board, and I don't know why. I loved Marcus Aurelius so much that I went and bought Seneca AND Epictetus to read further.

The common criticism is of Stoicism's call to accept things as they ARE. People then extend this acceptance even into acceptance of shitty life circumstances, shitty politics, etc....

It's bullshit. I've found that Stoicism is pretty well summed up by the Serenity Prayer, desu -

>"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time, accepting hardship as a pathway to peace."

What's wrong with that?

>It's realizing nihilism is the truth, yet still finding meaning and purpose.

Finally someone who understand Nietsche!... and that position is rubbish.