Abkhazia controversy

so, some guys were wondering about Abkhazian controversy, so, here is a redpill from georgian side.
P.S. video was made by Romanian guy
youtube.com/watch?v=e-ziyRoYe0o

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ips2JcmgYnY
independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/beer-and-blood-sacrifices-meet-the-caucasus-pagans-who-worship-ancient-deities-10451756.html
youtube.com/watch?v=XzvtaZIMy98
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Abkhazia_(1992–1993)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Georgia
We own clay next to Russia and Turkey?

don't make me asume geography skills of americans

You guys have cool folk songs
youtube.com/watch?v=Ips2JcmgYnY

Literally who the fuck cares?

your mom

russian clay

your kind tried to drag NATO in to do shitty work against russia for whatever reason.
Russians arent the serbs with Milosevic in charge and under sanctions so that you can pull that shit.

You got your shit pushed in and as you can see, nothing has changed yet. And the expeditions in Ukraine wont help you either, trust me i know that expeditions in Ukraine dont do any good to anyone.
Nothing else to talk about really.

As soon as you lads got independence, you should have redrawn all the Soviet boundaries, to make sure that further divisions wouldn't involve losing actual Georgian-populated territories. But no, and your fuckwit rulers even made a WORSE boundary when it came to South Ossetia (including it in "Shida Kartli"). So, when the Russians inevitably came along, you end up losing even more than you otherwise would have done. Sad.

yeah, the level of retardation that ALL of our leaders have exhibited is pretty fucking colossal.

Who the fuck care it's another russian banana republic now

there's actually a place in georgia where you can grow limited quantities of bananas (over 4k mm in annual rainfall). your comparison is more than fitting

>15 mins
too long; didn't watch.

By the way, while you're here, I might as well ask: IS there much of a distinct identity between Imereti and Kartli? I see the geography has shaped the division, with one group living by rivers that flow into the Black Sea and the other into the Caspian, but is there much of a feeling of difference?

fuck georgia you are just rightful Armenian clay

fuck you for standing by during the genocide

fuck you for siding with muslims

how would your ancestors see you now, trash

Reading up on the Russo-Georgian War in 2008 just makes me sad.

Russia had been cartoon villain-tier evil for almost a decade.

>I'm 12 and I just found Sup Forums: the post

who ya talkin' to Carlitos? Not sure if this fellow is old enough to have even had a say in the way his country went down the shitter. You on the other hand will always be remembered as being part of this shitty generation of cucks in America.

there is quite a substantial geographical barriers in form of a moderately large mountain range. sometimes in winter the heavy snows can block the passes and make road traffic impossible. culturally speaking, each region has its own distinct identity, but they are mostly united in the sense of nationhood.

>fuck you for standing by during the genocide
Um, the 1910s were a rather eventful period for EVERYONE, and not really a good time to start altruistic missions against powerful states like Turkey...

I'm curious, though, are all Kartvelian speakers in former Ottoman territory Muslim? Did none suffer when the Pontic Greeks, Assyrians and Armenians were being fucked over?

i expected to see VDV dropping out of the sky right into the capital. welp, good thing the russains were no less incompetent than we were. how tf did they lose a Tu22M to our obsolete SAMs?!

i don't think they were persecuted as much, as south-western regions bordering turkey always had and to this day have a sizeable muslim population. they intermingled a lot during the russo-turkish wars of the 19th century.

I have no idea how you can tell each other apart. You all look exactly the same.

>Russia had been cartoon villain-tier evil for almost a decade.
Please stop embarrassing yourself. The government of Georgia was a pathetic US puppet who got even stupider ideas into their heads than their masters, precipitating an insanely dangerous situation.

Fact is, all former SSR borders were drawn up by Stalin, for Stalin's purposes, mostly lending themselves to control by Moscow. If Georgians and Ukrainians want to play at being ethno-nationalists, they should forego the non-national territories that were included in their republics. It's having your cake and eating it.

just like most people here can't tell apart americans despite there being 50 or so states all with their own distinct identities. hell, some regions here have different languages ffs.

But maybe they were left alone because they simply had no Christians left among them any more? Did Christianity die out in Adzharia too?

>they should forego the non-national territories that were included in their republics
that's the trick
they're national territories

m8, i am planning a motorcycle trip for next year, i will be coming through turkey into armenia and georgia then home through russia.
what places should i visit? I'm already planning to visit tusheti area, but what else should i look at? Any cool historical sites or nature spots.
Also, what is the best way into russia? Through abkhazia?

it never really died out. the muslims are just there and mostly keep to their own. there is some stigma attached to them as being "Georgian" carries with it the connotation of being "Christian" so there's that.

I spent some time in Abkazia a couple summers ago, beautiful place

Rightful part of Georgian clay? Perhaps. But the Abkhazians fought a war for their independence and won so I think we should respect their right to be "free"

>The government of Georgia was a pathetic US puppet

Again, you're mistaking wanting American support to defend against a dangerous threat on their border to being a "US puppet".

>all former SSR borders were drawn up by Stalin, for Stalin's purposes, mostly lending themselves to control by Moscow

Georgia has existed as a distinct entity for two millenia.

>Georgians and Ukrainians want to play at being ethno-nationalist

Comparing Georgia to Ukraine, are you fucking dense?

>they should forego the non-national territories that were included in their republics

Maybe so, but not to fucking Russia. They should either be independent or part of Georgia. As it stands they are implausible deniability vassals of the Russian Federation.

idk about abkhazia, as citizens of georgia can't go there (i did know a swiss dude who went biking there all the time. great nature, he said). other than that svaneti, tusheti, racha and other mountainous regions should be fine. if the main caucasus range is too intimidation, you can try the javakheti mountains, which are smaller and feature more volcanic plateaus. in the south-east we also have a kind of a desert, in case you're looking for something different. as for getting into russia, aside from abkhazia, there are many mountain passes along the caucasus.

yes the majority is. those teritories became part of ottomans about 300 years ago, so they did not have anything to do with greeks or assyrians

it's a bit more complicated than that as russia played a huge part in supporting (if not inciting) the ethnic divisions in that region. i mostly blame it on the corruption and retardation in our government.

rust in peace Edzika

the only border crossings i could see where either the border crossing at abkazia, or the one going into north-ossetia. Whats the security situation in north-ossetia, do you reckon it would be safe for a bong on a motorbike? I don't want my head liberated from my body.

and thanks for the tips, i'll look into them

>Again, you're mistaking wanting American support to defend against a dangerous threat on their border to being a "US puppet".

Yes, the reality is worse than my brief comment: Georgia set itself up as a puppet, without really noticing that the puppetmaster had slunk away, leaving them with a big gaping arsehole with no fist up it. Embarrassing...

>Georgia has existed as a distinct entity for two millenia.
That doesn't really mean anything. Georgia is as vague a term as Italy or Scandinavia. There have been many Georgian states in history, and there is an undoubted Georgian core, but the SSR whose borders are now preserved had little historical basis to its size and shape.

>Comparing Georgia to Ukraine, are you fucking dense?
What's so incomparable? The fuckwits in one have run off to join the fuckwits in the other anyway!

>Maybe so, but not to fucking Russia. They should either be independent or part of Georgia. As it stands they are implausible deniability vassals of the Russian Federation.
That's your convenient opinion from afar. In reality, small nations know that "sovereignty" is a myth, and pick the patron that best suits them. Richer pickings in Moscow than in Tiflis!

Regardless of the history of the area, Saakashvili did a pretty dumb thing and has payed for it. I personally couldn't care less how these territories end up

I'm English too, and spent some time in Kabardino-Balkaria once upon a time. I popped briefly over into Ossetia. But I speak reasonable Russian and was with Russian friends. I wouldn't really advise anything south of Pyatigorsk if you're on your own.

I agree about Saakashvili and if Putin cared less about politics of ex soviet countries, that would be nice

war in abkhazia was a long time ago, but russians have been using it as a proving ground (it's mostly depopulated) so idk about the ordnance. south ossetia still has some mines and unexploded cluster munitions so i'd watch out there. as for the russians and locals, i don't think they'll go out of their way to blow your head off. There are ways to get into russia without going through old warzones. some passes in the north-east are open most of the time (unless there's an avalanche) and russian truckers go through there all the time.

i guess we won't ever have sensible ppl in power down here...

Don't go to abkhazia alone.

There are military checkpoints that will shake you down for money. They will shake you down at the border when you leave for Russia as well.

Abkhazians are literal niggers.

They tried to put me in prison in Soukhom. The country is delapidated and a former warzone. Don't go alone. Don't talk to the brown people, find the russians there. Take a guided tour if you must. Also, don't trust Georgian scum either.

t. russkie who's been there in 2015.

Georgia is interesting.

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/beer-and-blood-sacrifices-meet-the-caucasus-pagans-who-worship-ancient-deities-10451756.html

its safe tu trip anywere but border crossings to abkhazia and Samachablo (Osetia) ar a lot harder, its better to stay away from entering there

Nalchik is very nice
Again, best have local friends, it's safe for now, but you know

Are there many fighters active or do you simply risk getting mugged as a tourist?

sound advice. not trusting caucasians is the first thing one should get used to. we're basically "white" niggers (just the same amount of WE WUZ too lol)

>Samachablo
Ah, that's your word for it, eh?! I know that the Sa (like in Samegrelo and Sakartvelo) is a kind of geographical prefix, but what's the rest of the name? Machab is your word for Ossets?

mostly russian soldiers and local militias. there isn't any fighting rn, but there's a risk of unexploded munitions. muggings and extortions are pretty normal here, so yeah that too.

btfo xd

such is the power of epik churka bantz m8

when i was a kid growing up, I had lots of georgian friends, one even gifted me a knife when he had to leave.

they were great kids, but they grew up spoiled. Like arabs or persians, the men are coddled and treated like little emperors until they grow into comlete assholes as they get older. Fair assesment?

Should the abkhazians get independence, will they get inevitably gobbled up by russia, if you say that russian fighters do the fighting for them I dont really understand what the natives there have to gain from this.

Well, at least you were something. Not as cool as Armenians and Azers, but still.

>bribes
i'm used to it. I went to ukraine on my bike a couple of years back. Bunch of cheeky cunts at the border. Some kid with a gun tried to tell me i had to pay him $20 to have my bike 'vaccinated'. I just refused and told him i wanted to speak to the head honcho. The look on his face was priceless. He just waved me on. I wondered what his success rate was.
I got shook down by the police with fake speeding 'fines' 3 times. I just payed because they only wanted smallish amounts.
At borders you can usually call their bluff if you are sure they are full of shit, i'm sure the same applies in abkhazia.

i was mostly raised by my grandparents and that's completely true. but all that coddling goes away when u get closer to adulthood. they start expecting things from you. NEET life is a sure way of getting ur ass beat by dad and getting btfo by mom.

Interesting actually, but doesn't change the fact that your leaders fucked you up. Also why is your county population decreasing faster than Armenia?

well i hope you know what you're doing. because they will call you a spy. And they will take money from you at every checkpoint.

And there are many, all of them sitting in APCs with AK's.

I wouldnt do it. They might take you hostage. These are mountain bandits in uniform.

How to get a georgian qt, user?

yeah, armenians and azers still have balls to be fighting each other after 30 years. georgia may have been cool, like 900 years ago, but now we're cucked beyond all recognition and are WE WUZ-ing our way to an early grave.

well, first you find one and after you do that...

...well, i've never gotten past step one, so make of that what you will.

machabeli was a nobel house in Georgia

There are plenty of mountain bandits in uniform, dont you worry.
they can be quite hot, but also seem like divas.

Typical brainwashed idiot. Read about color revolutions. Read about the color revolutions in Georgia. Read about the report made by EU around 2009 that put the blame on Georgia's side for launching the attack at a zone where the fucking Russian peacekeepers were located. Essentially he started a war against Russia. In other words, you're an idiot.

yeah, they, like most georgians, think they're the shit. i do see many conventionally attractive ppl out on the streets, but then again i have shit taste.

do they date outside their ethnic group? seems like they dont.

depends on the place. tbilisi (the only fucking city in the country) is pretty cosmopolitan. hell, even saw a couple of dindus in the street not long ago.

Surely a chap like you can find an angloboo (if they exist there) with your English

yes they do, especially if you are from west. but for russians and sand niggers they might have problem.

Ah, and their lands were lost to Osset incomers in the eighteenth century? I wouldn't shout too much about losers like that... ;)

Moi sootechestvenniki depress me. Too many seem so eager to buy into retarded Cold War attitudes.

they exist and it's quite an untapped market, shall we say. girls here are much more exposed to the social media and are as such more in tune with the west. this carries the side effect of most of them being SJWs. i did find a sane one, but she's going to fucking korea of all places. so yeah, i'm back to square one.

nope, in 1921 after reds came invading

yep, all the nobles got shot, deported or both.

now your bikes not vaccinated though

How trustworthy are the Adyghe? Do you interact with any?

I'm a Turk whose father's side is Adyghe, so I'm curious what people that live in the Caucasus think of Adyghe peoples.

we don't see very much of them here, but all north-caucasian people have a reputation for being badass af down here.

Except the one who went on to make a career of playing Soso in cinema!

I'm talking about South Ossetia's ethnic status. The reds rode in and fucked everything up, sure, but this made no major difference to the ethnic situation, did it? I suppose the Ossets south of the mountains were feudal subjects of these Machebelis, yes? But they were still the ethnic majority in most of what was later defined as the South Ossetian ASSR.

There are a lot of russians in S. Ossetia. They got moved there since tsars times. Used to be lots of russians in the caucasus bringing order and civilization. Now look at them.

Circassians were said to have some of the most beautiful women in the world. Such a fucking shame that Ivan cleansed so many peoples across Eurasia just to settle more 80 iq bydlos.

ossetians moved south after the caucasus wars with the russians. some of those conflicts were so bloody that they bordered on ethnic cleansing, so i guess there was nowhere else to go for them.

they were considered beautiful because they were considered the original white people.

pro tip. they are not.

Also they were disloyal and deserved it.

>In 1918, conflict began between the landless Ossetian peasants living in Shida Kartli (Interior Georgia), who were influenced by Bolshevism and demanded ownership of the lands they worked, and the Menshevik government backed ethnic Georgian aristocrats, who were legal owners. Although the Ossetians were initially discontented with the economic policies of the central government, the tension soon transformed into ethnic conflict.[32] The first Ossetian rebellion began in February 1918, when three Georgian princes were killed and their land was seized by the Ossetians. The central government of Tiflis retaliated by sending the National Guard to the area. However, the Georgian unit retreated after they had engaged the Ossetians.[33] Ossetian rebels then proceeded to occupy the town of Tskhinvali and began attacking ethnic Georgian civilian population. During uprisings in 1919 and 1920, the Ossetians were covertly supported by Soviet Russia, but even so, were defeated.[32] Between 3,000 and 7,000 Ossetians were killed during the crushing of the 1920 uprising,[32] according to Ossetian sources ensuing hunger and epidemics were the causes of death of more than 13,000 people.

Rightful Khazar clay goyim

Glad to hear that. I know so little about Adyghe culture; literally only what Wikipedia says. And a few curses my grandma would mutter under her breath :)

Btw you're so right about the grandmothers spoiling you thing.

My parents dropped me off every Saturday at my grandparents for most of my childhood. They'd just put me in a room and let me watch TV all day long. They also fed me ridiculous amounts of food lol (I'm still overweight).

I feel like I really became a man when I started to actually sit in the living room when I visited my grandparents.

They still try to spoil me whenever I visit though.

>>>deserved it

m8, your powerbase was in European Russia only. The fact that your cancerous country - no offense - expanded south and east lead to the complete destruction of numerous peoples including Perm, Tatars, Circassians, etc. It's just a shame, instead of some interesting countries that could exist today you just have a more or less empty landmass with the occasional settlement of copy and paste Moscovians.

Personally, as somebody from a country that still has an aristocracy, I'm on the side of any peasant that wants to lynch a bunch of parasites in fancy clothes.

Ultimately, South Ossetia was lost to the Georgian nation in the 1700s. End of story, and something you have to live with.

holy shit, it was exatcly the same way here. grandparents kept feeding me all sorts of shit. didn't lose weight until i got hit with depression and an eating disorder (it got the job done, i'm not complaining)

u wot m8!?

there is nothing shameful about destroying moslem caliphates.

I doubt we deserved it. You guys wanted our clay, and killed everybody that would not submit.

You literally had to kill off all the mountain tribes, since we would just keep coming back to fight.

None in the west cared about us to actually meme into existence a "oy vey muh 6 gorillion Adyghe," so you guys are off scot free.

But I doubt you should ever feel relaxed around any Circassian after what your nation has done. Some things are never forgotten.

My grandmother never cooks fish. I was the one that told her that Circassians in Turkey don't eat fish, since our dead filled the Black Sea.

Hell, even I hate fish, and I don't know jack shit about the Adyghe culture.

>american flag
>poster is non-white

it checks out.

to produce the model of civilization that is Russia, yes, the sacrifice was worth it

Well that's your opinion m8 and fortunately you get no say in this.

Russia only threw off the muslim yoke in the 16th century and slowly started to claw everything back.

we were too lenient by far on you roaches.

youtube.com/watch?v=XzvtaZIMy98
>try to genocide natives
>get genocided yourself

>NATIVES ARE GEORGIAN

truth = before 1900 there were barely any georgians
after collapse of russian empire,poor georgians moved to relatively rich abkhazia

during stalin's reign,they tried to georgify whole abkhazia,which resulted in massive georgian immigration
after stalins death abkhazians were given some autonomy
after collapse of USSR abkhazians themselves held an election that only native abkhaz could vote(because georgians were over 70% of population so election wouldn't make any sense) which resulted as "abkhazia should be independent"

in response georgians invaded abkhazia and threatened genocide,but they themselves got genocided

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Abkhazia_(1992–1993)

regards

Hank, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Stop interfering in European matters you don't understand. Russia spread civilisation. Even when it suffered from Bolshevism, it still kept doing this to some extent, as it was in the blood. European blood. Tatars were slaveraiding bandits and rapists, the Cherkess were highland savages who had swore allegiance to Islamic fanaticism, and the Permyaks were a bunch of irrelevant beekeepers. All these people still exist, none have been "completely destroyed" (even the Ubykh still survive to some extent in Turkish exile), they all enjoy the benefits of Soviet and Russian education and infrastructure, and many have risen to high positions in the Russian state - Molotov for Perm, the current Interior Minister for Tatars, and various nobles in the Tsarist era for the Cherkess (can't think of any recent ones).

Haha different cultures same attitudes. My PhD work pace is finally beginning to trim me down.

I gotta start working out to keep muscle and lose fat.

let's not devolve into ethnic hatred here guys. we all have problmes with one another's countries, sure, but what happened happened and i don't think these things should poison the well as much as they do. i'm not saying we should forget, but i think we shouldn't blindly generalise and hate, is all.

what you say is true, user. Our ancestors were far too kind.

I don't have any ethnic hatred for Georgians because of our long history of cooperation together. Although I distrust many georgians for their clannishness and nepotism.

I have no tolerance for t*rkish filth and other muslim scum from the caucasus.