Women executives don't make as much as m-

>Women executives don't make as much as m-

wyff4.com/article/yahoo-ceo-marissa-mayer-to-get-dollar23-million-severance/9126088

> Marissa Mayer is about to lose her CEO job, but she's in for a nice consolation prize. Mayer is set to receive a $23 million severance package after Yahoo's sale to Verizon is completed, according to a company filing Monday. The golden parachute package comes on top of the more than $150 million Mayer received in salary and stock awards since joining the company in 2012.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PF_iorX_MAw
fortune.com/2017/03/13/yahoo-new-ceo-marissa-mayer-net-worth-salary/
youtube.com/watch?v=OinvdoyBsEc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

23 million for firing men
a feminist wetdream

Why don't shareholders structure severance packages better so they're more dependent on the performance of the CEOs? Certainly, linking it entirely with stock performance has to be better than this practice, with one of the worse CEOs in recent memory, (along with the former CEO of Theranos, also a (((female)))), getting such a cushy pay off.

Because it's a singling game that the company is doing well when it signs these things to the shareholders.

Because the vast majority of CEO's are white men. The price you pay for a system that rewards the top 1% of the economy regardless of skills or success is that occasionally the idiot who bails out of their crashing company by deploying their golden parachute is a woman.

No wonder yahoo has gone to shit and faded into irrelevancy.

I get bombarded by radical leftists "news" articles when I go to that site

it was probably part of the deal when the got her to join Yahoo. I mean think about it, Yahoo would have had to offer quite a bit to get anybody to join, let alone leave Google. It was, from ever indication, a doomed company.

>mayer
>dumb bimbo who holds $20-30 million dollar balls / "conferences"
>does nothing to help the brand
>disaster after disaster
>still gets the golden parachute

Just because you used to work with Google, doesn't mean you're Google.

Golden Parachutes are garbage. We need to loosen up the corporate raider laws to fix this.

Gekko was right:
youtu.be/PF_iorX_MAw

KEK women CEO's are like wives when they divorce you.

who decides what a ceo gets paid?
the major shareholder?

There is a sincerely held belief among C level executives that C level executives are the reason companies matter.

People getting these kinds of bonuses should get taxed at like 85%

>Because it's a singling game that the company is doing well when it signs these things to the shareholders.
Plausible, but the board still wants what's the best for the company, which shouldn't be giving such a cushy severance package to a CEO independent of performance.

This doesn't answer the question of why they chose this form of compensation. Would they get better or worse performance if the compensation was linked to stock performance?

This wasn't certain at the time and there were several direction it could have gone, but it didn't fly so good.

I assume it's decided by the board of directors.

>the board still wants what's the best for the company

The board wants what's best for the board. They all want to appoint each other to whatever the next board they attach their vampire squid tentacles to as well.

A man who ran his company to the ground would get twice as much.

ceos get paid so much, I believe the money they earn is then shared with the directors cause I can't believe they are all this retarded

K. I don't see if I were the board, I would determine a compensation for my CEO that would be most like to ensure the success of the company, so I would get the most qualified one who'd be willing to accept a package that was entirely stock-based. She was picked from outside of Yahoo, so she wasn't appointed from someone who was on the board. You are suggesting what I think are poor explanations for this course of action. Cynicism does not equate to perceptiveness.

No, it's not.

she did run the company into the ground. and no they dont lol

but did that women make so much profit to get paid that much?

Apparently, the man who took over her is being even more well-compensated than she is despite having an easier job. It's not like feminists can really say she was paid less than equity demands considering how immensely well-paid she was and the fact that she was so utterly awful. Still, keep in mind that companies could not care less about a CEO's gender, I don't see what the justification of such a higher salary would be in this case.

>(((Meyer)))
Any more questions?

It depends. Looking back, purely on stock terms, the company did extremely well after Mayer joined, but that was only because of the Alibaba stock acquired before she became CEO, which is why her stock options are now so valuable. She actually didn't manage the company well at all, but still made a killing, ironically, because of what I originally proposed. So I think CEO compensation should still be primarily stock-based but take into account decisions made by previous CEO's, like discounting increases on the value of assets acquired before the CEO was appointed.

>be a literal who at Google
>score a sweet gig at an old Internet company that is slowly sinking
>get vaulted to superstar CEO status by the media
>light the ship's deck on fire
>terminate a bunch of male employees
>company is even more shit
>get $23m severance

Reminds me of that blonde woman who dressed like Steve Jobs. Had some blood test tech company and he media hyped her up like crazy as this brilliant female billionaire who is totally going to take the world by storm and show everyone true girl power. Turns out the tech was shit, it could not even do half of what they claimed, and the investors (billions of $) lost pretty much everything.

>become ceo
>run company into the ground
>get 23 millions

why is this allowed ?

Verizon, along with it's significant shareholders, wipes it's ass with 23 million. I dont think they really care.

True, I guess, and looking at it, the compensation makes more sense to me, but I would hope other companies would learn the importance of not allowing one CEO to so easily reap the benefits of a previous CEO's action, especially when it's with something so obvious as an asset appreciation.

>be Jewess
>get undeserved job with no experience because of (((nepotism))) and female
>destroy the company, just utterly fucking destroy it
>with the stock cratered, other (((friends))) buy controlling stakes in the company
>get cashed out with a hefty reward for bringing the goy to heel

Yahoo will have front page race-mixing ads and anti-Trump shit before the year is out, remember this post.

Yahoo wrecked.

Female CEO walks away with 23mil severance.

Hmmm....

>doing a better job
>I don't see what the justification of such a higher salary would be in this case.

yeah me either

You might say she's laughing all the way to the bank.

youtube.com/watch?v=OinvdoyBsEc

The point is he doesn't have to do any job at all, or it's much easier than what was required by her when she first took on the job.

Under her leadership, yahoo went to complete shit.

How does Yahoo even make money anymore? How the fuck does it have 25 million to give to a woman who did nothing for it?

>we were lazy and your email got hacked
>oops better not let you export those emails or forward them, lol

fuck this cunt kek

How the fuck does yahoo even make money?

She's so fugg in hot

Old people and parts of asia I believe.

I've actually fapped to her.

Ad Revenue from "You won't believe what Trump did this time" articles.

kek. she's autistic

>Reminds me of that blonde woman who dressed like Steve Jobs. Had some blood test tech company and he media hyped her up like crazy as this brilliant female billionaire who is totally going to take the world by storm and show everyone true girl power. Turns out the tech was shit, it could not even do half of what they claimed, and the investors (billions of $) lost pretty much everything.

KEK

I know exactly what you are talking about but I can't remember her name because she is now a literally who.

I think the company was called Theranos

Elizabeth Holmes. And to be fair, she was simply an idealistic sociopath. The investors are retarded for their blinding greed.

Why do CEOs make so much money?

Like what's the thought process behind that?

Last year her business broke records by being evaluated at -$8 billion.

I love how she staffed her board with people like Kissinger and Mearsheimer, who are just famous people who have ZERO medical credentials.

NOBODY bothered to point that out.

>>destroy the company, just utterly fucking destroy it
>>with the stock cratered, other (((friends))) buy controlling stakes in the company
>>get cashed out with a hefty reward for bringing the goy to heel
Bumping because this is how they screw the goy over year in and year out.

Most do not make that much. Normally just a few cents per employee. And seeing how bad leadership, or even just appearing to have bad leadership can effect the evaluation of your company by billions of dollars, it is simply what CEOs are worth.

CEOs are celebrities, and public perception of them can be what mainly constitutes tour stock price. And in proper societies, not owned by jews, a CEO is responsible for all of his employees actions.

Good CEOs suffer career ending reputation risk if the company goes under, so they demand (((severance))).

That's nothing.

The fucking whore who put together the phony accounts scam at Wells Fargo got $125 millions severance.

Tillerson got $180 millions from Exxon when he left to be Secretary of state.

This is barons vs. serfs territory. Can't wait to see the first CEO of a public company who gets a billion for his hard work.

FUG. She is a month younger than me. Fairly fuckable also.

don't worry. your net worth is larger than hers now.

23 millions for kick out straight white males and sinking Yahoo.
Never ever make a woman CEO.

Never hire a female period unless it is for healthcare or secretarial purposes.

She shouldn't get anything. Golden parachutes are for when the company is heading towards the ground, not crashed into it

i dont get why the shareholders allow that shit though?

The idea is that the people who will fill a CEO position are generally really talented (of course this isn't nearly as true as outsiders think). So talented in fact that they don't provide returns in dollars, they provide returns in percentages. If you have a large amounts of assets that require a return, you need someone to generate that return. One CEO can return you 5%, another CEO can return you 15%, and another can return you 30%. You want that 30% CEO because as a shareholder/board member your assets growing means your wealth is growing. Therefore, you skim off your total wealth to pay the CEO and the skim although minuscule relatively speaking, looks enormous to outsiders. You see this in the hedge fund industry as well. The guys who get the biggest return can demand the highest fees and people pay because after fees, the return is still higher than what they or anyone else they know could reasonably deliver.

They already fucking do

He's just stating facts that he percieves man. She walked away with $23 million.

A fucking leaf

Shareholders don't really have that much power in most public companies.

But I don't think it was because she was a former board member, which was a apparently the case.

>$23m for ruining the company
Kek
They don't tbqh. They were billions in debt, I'm amazed they found a buyer

Triggers me every time

She was the worst CEO anyone has ever seen. An empty post would have been better for the company. Fuck Yahoo.

23, twenty three , t-w-e-n-t-y t-h-r-e-e MILLION dollars, and here I am living with 200$ a month.I won't make that much in my entire life, either the generation after me. I could live like a king with 1-2k $ a month ,what can you do with so much cash?

Yahoo finance is probably their best product. And most used. I'm sure that generates a ton of revenue.

The CEO replacing her is gonne get double her salary

Guess what gender he is....

a lot of ceos that tanked companies went on to crashing other companies right after. stop this meme of 'le risk'. executive pay is not commensurate with skill or effort. not that i mind. scamming dumbasses is fun

This. I would scam these shit companies also if I had the opportunity.

>drive your company into the ground
>get $23 million severance bonus

Maybe she always was with Google? A plant to destroy the competition?

yahoo is huge in japan
yahoo sports is a huge money maker
yahoo fianance is a huge money maker

yahoo was a great buisness. meyer is a shit

The company didn't get scammed. The share holders, and employees did friend.

Well of course they always lose in the end. I am literally losing my job in a bit over 3 months because heads of departments will not sacrifice their dead weight.

Definitely more to her story. Imagine if you get hired, get the cover of every (((financial publication))), drop millions on food and party, all you do is buy Tumblr, throw some movie promotions on the backed, company falls through floor, profit.

I hope somewhere down the line, she fucked over some chinks, nips, or slavs. This is highway robbery. She makes Katie Couric look like the intern of falling upward.

friendly reminder this dumb cunt purchased Tumblr for $4 billion with share holder money, let that sink in

Are you saying that unfiltered feminist and SJW rage isn't somehow profitable?

How many female managers have you guys actually had?

The two I've had have been absolutely brilliant to work for desu. Genuinely care about you as a person and go the extra mile to make sure you're being looked after in your role, whereas my male bosses have tended to be unfriendly and don't care about you as long as you do your work. Wouldn't be surprised if the female managers were less business-savvy, but I could see them having better staff retention rates.

>male bosses have tended to be unfriendly and don't care about you as long as you do your work.

m8 that's what managers are suppose to do, it's a job no one is suppose to coddle you

Not necessarily true (or not completely true) in the modern age. A bad staff retention rate would literally cost a large company millions. Past generations would just get a job after graduation and be there for life (or change once or twice in their career), but millenials tend to change jobs every few years. The company that can convince them to stay has a competitive advantage - that's why the likes of Google and Facebook devote so much energy to seemingly pointless shit like table tennis tables in the workplace.

I take your point about the bottom line in business being important, and male managers are probably more suited to that, but I think the human factor will be more important in the future, and therefore I think that it's likely (and not a bad thing) that more and more women will have C-suite roles.

>23 million for nearly bankrupting the company and firing men for no reason

CEOs have to make tough decisions, and you''ll inevitably end up with a situation where CEOs won't take risks in favor of short-term decisions that come at the expense of long-term success.

Also, let's not act as if Yahoo hasn't been a sinking ship for over a decade now. Mayer is nothing like Elizabeth Holmes.

Someone should dox and humiliate her either way, she wrecks yahoo and then gets severance pay for it?

Fuck this worthless cunt.

>firing men for no reason

That oxymoron... user it is 2o17.

>become a CEO of an internet giant
>run it to the ground in just a few years
>get fired and have the company bought
GIRL POWER!

>deptartments not sacrificing dead weight
>losing job
you are the dead weight friendo

>runs company into the ground
>gets 20 million doll hair because of social construct that women and men are different

simple answer is they thought it was a good deal and fucked up royally. boards fuck up. look at all the smart people on the board of that blood testing company that was pure fraud.

>and you''ll inevitably end up with a situation where CEOs won't take risks in favor of short-term decisions that come at the expense of long-term success.
Microsoft partally addressed this by giving options to CEOs that can only be exercised long after they'be gone.

>Mayer is nothing like Elizabeth Holmes.
Maybe. The two qualities they are are their gender and level of incompetence.

that they share*

OVERPAID TO DRAG A HUGE CORPORATION INTO BANKRUPTCY.
YAHOO LOST BILLIONS EACH YEAR.
TUMBLER WAS A DISASTER PURCHASE.
HE MORONS THAT ARE GOING TO HIRE THIS WHORE WITH SUCH A CONTRACT DESERVE IT.