Has there even been such a time where the media and the President were ao antagonistic towards each other?

Has there even been such a time where the media and the President were ao antagonistic towards each other?

I don't remember it being this bad when Bush was in office.

>I don't remember it being this bad when Bush was in office
You need to be 18+ to post on Sup Forums. Underage reported.

Don lemon is suffering from a crippling opiate addiction

>leaf don lemon alone

Geert approves of OP pic

You do realize it's 2017, right? People old enough to remember Bush are in their 20's now.

>I don't remember it being this bad when Bush was in office.
you've got to be kidding me. you don't remember people like Michael Moore calling Bush literally Hitler back then?

user did i remember to take my pills? have you seen my cane?

Yes, I do, but the news at least tried to be civil about it. CNN and MSNBC are weeks away from basically fuck drumpf.

The rise of social media has helped in this too.

>People old enough to remember Bush are in their 20's now.
Which if you were at least that old, you'd remember non-stop media harassment of Bush. You should be studying, underagefag.

Nixon

The level of "media harassment" Bush experienced doesn't come anywhere close to the dedicated campaign of sabotage undertaken against Trump.

He seems like the first non establishment puppet in god knows how many years. I don't know about the US but here media has never been like this. They keep shitting on him every single day in most ridiculous ways. They're not even pretending to be objective, it's sickening.

When I say media, I mean the news.

They were never as blatant as they are now. Back then they covered Bush. Now, they look to destroy Trump. Their biases weren't nearly as obvious.

My mom ordered one of those stupid countdown clock-keychains with "BUSH'S LAST DAY IN OFFICE". After 9/11 she raced out to buy hazmat suits, chemical-certified gasmasks, and potassium iodide in case of fallout.

It's the same beast with a different name. It might honestly be worse this time -- at least then she was afraid of "something". Now it's "someone".

The news media literally bought Nixon down so i don't know what you are trying to say.

This is why I feel like a war in USA would be so annoyingly hard for an invader, or for the government vs people. So many people are easily spooked, and will (and have been) over preparing for a long time

Bush didn't go toe to toe with the press like Trump does. They were awful to him, but he never really fought back be let fox news do that for him.

They brought him down because of a massive scandal.

The median nowadays tries to bring Trump down just for tweeting.

They're a lot more vicious because they know they have tons of sheep following them.

She's the uberhippy eternally-weeping-over-Kent-State-type and just over my christmas visit she said she wanted to go to a gun range.

This is a full-on sea change.

Lincoln said it best.

"From whence shall we expect the approach of danger? Shall some trans-Atlantic military giant step the earth and crush us at a blow? Never. All the armies of Europe and Asia...could not by force take a drink from the Ohio River or make a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of a thousand years. No, if destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of free men we will live forever or die by suicide.”

The Media was very hostile to Nixon from the get go. There's a reason why when people think of Nixon now that they think of a sweaty paranoid creep.

>Has there even been such a time where the media and the President were ao antagonistic towards each other?

No.

It's was close, but they were never near as brazenly disingenuous.

butthurt pollacks

uggo

They also didn't have 24 hours news networks back then. They also didn't resort to hyperbole as much.

Journalism has always been biased, but at least back then, they weren't as outlandish and over the top as they are now.

>They also didn't have 24 hours news networks back then.

This is the biggest problem.

Everything has to one-up the last thing.

So no matter how minute an incident, it will be blown up into pearl harbor for ratings, every time.

True but the the 24 hours news cycle is detrimental to itself. Newsman are no where near as well respected as they once where its a quest for ratings in the end. I think Trump would have a much easier time with media if he just learned to keep his mouth shut and not attack individual journalists.

Honestly it's time Trump puts his foot down and starts making arrests. There's freedom of speech and then there's outright treason. Several of the stories ran against Trump since winning the election have had no factual basis at all.

fucking SAUCE??!?

>she has hair on her legs
DISGUSTING

Ask your dad about Reagan.

He has been incredibly tolerant, allowing a lot more seditious anger to be vented than I would.

bush deserved it too though

One piece swimsuits are severely under-rated. Bikinis are cancer spread by whores that use their bodies to manipulate men.

This News isn't news anymore. Its a quest for ratings.

>Newsman are no where near as well respected as they once where its a quest for ratings in the end.

Not gonna argue with that.

Also, this.

There's been hostility between media and presidents since the time of the founders. This is the norm, not the exception. The exception has been the fact that politicians and big media corps have gotten so buddy buddy.

Although I'll add the vitriol spewing out of the media is exceptionally bitter this time, probably because they've been used to lap dogs.

News has always been a quest for ratings. The problem today is that we have too much news, so to win ratings each outlet prioritizes being first (whether or not a story is true, like Pissgate) and being sensational (Rachel Madcow last night) over being correct.

yeah, never before has there been such a retard in the whitehouse that directly attacks the media...so it kinda makes sense that much of the media is attacking Trump right back.

Nixon

Nixon's hate for the media was historic.

Trump is close, but at least he still gives the media the time of day.

Operation Mockingbird never ended. The MSM rubs a constant disinfo campaign against the public, and it's good that we have an Administration that DOES fight against it instead of joining and worsening the corruption.

and both are criminals

Yeah this is what it was like.

And they're MEN!

Shit dude what else do they have in common?

theyre both fat

No, because he actually calls them out.

And hair.

Bush kinda put us in a shitskin war where US soldiers were dying every day all for oil (that only the corporations profited from). It's not like he didn't deserve it.

However, even then the media fucked up when Dan Rather took the bait and aired some fake document about Bush that was proven blatantly false later on.

the nose knows