US-Iran conflict

How would a hypothetical military conflict between USA and Iran play out? Considering the US intervention in the middle east cost the taxpayers about 6 trillion, would it even be economically possible to wage effective war on Iran? Hypothetically of course.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4XXKTMtIq2A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

t. him

How much do five nuclear missiles cost?

I see your point, but I'm looking for non- meme opinions

Insanely enough, it's easier
The ME civil/ proxy wars are harder as you need pinpoint accuracy, down to a fucking room to not kill civilians
A real war has military installations for you to hit

You are delusional if you think nuclear weapons would be used, if they were an option, they would have been used in some of the myriad of conflicts the US had over the world since the '50s

>who would win?
Anyone but the US

Maybe they should have been used on Sept 12, 2001 and saved everyone a lot of time and money and turmoil.

But it would still be a shitshow, considering the population of Iran are highly motivated religious fanatics who have been waging war for as long as the concept of warfare has existed.

Let me put it to you this way. You lost the towers on 9/11, had you fired nukes, you would have lost your country.

Quick reminded that Persians aren't people

wait iran has a military?

Who would have been against us? The countries that already hate us but we could easily crush?

>What is M.A.D.

Baghdad took 3-4 weeks. with the US in Iraq and Afghanistan, Tehran would be eiffel towered within a month

Why would we want to win?

If you win then you have to stop killing sand niggers.

If you think Russia is gonna nuke us for Iran you are delusional.

They would get pissed and wave their dick and all the liberals would cry but they know just like you know that if they fire at us then we fire back and everyone dies.
Better to just let Iran get glassed, worst that will happen is more OY VEY MUH ISLAMICAUST horse shit. We'd probably be compared to Nazi Germany a lot which frankly sounds fine to me.

Their military would be swept from the field in a few weeks to a month at most. Thats not the issue. The US is still the most effective fighting force when it comes to uniformed military against uniformed military. It would be rocky at first since our soldiers have little experience fighting anything other than a drawn out guerrilla war.

Would we be able to win outright? No. Iran is far too prepared and willing to drag out the conflict for decades. Smashing them into Libya status is very much a possibility for the US

Don't worry, Trump's got this. The US/Saudi alliance is going to crush the Iranian menace.

I have a hard time believing Iranians would even fight a pitched battle with you guys, I imagine it would be some kind of a massive scale guerilla war.

Ever heard of the Gulf War? Imagine that but with even less American casualties and even bigger shitshow of a puppet government.

Israel.

Bibi is pushing for a war with Iran.

youtube.com/watch?v=4XXKTMtIq2A

Iraq had the 4th largest army in the world in 2003.
100hrs later we were in Baghdad ripping down Sadam's statue.
Arabs are cowards.

>ground troops moving in through our Iraqi puppet
>wipe out the "Iranian navy" in about 20 minutes
>sit in the Persian Gulf shitting on Tehran and anything that moves

I bet 500€ on Iran.

Israel.

While that is very very likely, its not what they're going to do initially. They have to protect their citizens and show that they have the capacity to do so or there is a risk of an insurrection. Supply lines would be cut and targeted extensively after we utterly decimate what little air power they possess and its very hard to keep a full standing army fed and watered if they're too busy taking to the hills. Honestly it'd probably look a little like the Japanese campaign.

The USA would win, not without cost, of course. I think there's a severe anti-war sentiment on all sides of the political spectrum in the USA, and anything other than a "get in get out" approach to the war would quickly increase war-weariness in the population.
That aside, MURRICA could undoubtedly turn Iran to ash. It comes down to circumstance as to how easy or hard that may be.

WHO ELSE READY?

What all of you don't seem to understand is that winning a battle is not winning the war. Sure you could defeat them? But actually holding that ground? If you thought Afghan shepherds are a problem to control then controlling the Persians would be next to impossible.

Then no. By that standard we will not win the war because there is absolutely no chance we will annex them or establish ourselves as permanent 'protectors'. America doesn't have the fight left in it to do that these days without some serious shit popping off on our soil and even then we'd likely see an uprising that would distract the war effort.

Our goals would be to reduce Iran back to the stone age so it wouldnt be a threat and let the vultures that it has as neighbors pick the corpse apart.

You don't have to hold it if it's all rubble.

On that note, could Israel potentially annex and hold Iran?

Iraq was 'easy' because it was mostly flat. Iran invasion inlow areas would be similar type of combat. Iran forces would of course retreat into mountains to north and probably hold indefinitely with obvious Russian supply. Itd be just like the 80s when Saddam launched a full scale invasion of Iran.

Dont forget your gas mask goyim, you'll need it.

Iran is rightful Israeli soil. God would be with them.

No it isn't. Hell, Cyrus the great was anointed as a messiah by the Jews.

Turkey, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Israel, they'd all be scrambling to snag any areas that have natural resources.

Restore greater israel.

>Sup Forums thinks this is white