youtube.com/watch?v=8p0hsjS_zHs
youtube.com/watch?v=31Ud7-EkZEI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Jordan B Peterson on Facing Fear
youtube.com/watch?v=CSV5KJqSlFY

>Jordan Peterson Explains "Class Based Guilt"
youtu.be/3-SGqRToXYE

Do you think he'll ever regain his health

He'd have to stop drinking Diet Coke and relax, but desu senpai he's a very serious man with diagnosed depression.

>Jordan Peterson on Women's Studies
youtu.be/88KJ5rgCNmk

These memes are tops

>Jordan Peterson - Reconciling Science and Religion
youtu.be/P5_-pfqFGJI

>Jordan Peterson to Marxists
youtu.be/s1SE35tHfVc

>The Metaphysics of Pepe with Jonathan Pageau
youtu.be/Ixc9i1G7eew

is someone sending all of these memes to jbp? I'd kinda like to know what he thinks about them

He's commented: twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/841851355929145344

*psst, hey kid!*

A Canadian Heritage Moment

that pic is almost making me moist

Checks

I was listening to Peterson's lecture on Heroics today and he said something that really stuck with me, about manchildren.

>"A manchild is one of the most horrifying things you could see. A manchild is the living, breathing corpse of a child who died long ago."

Really made me think about my manchildness. I don't even know how to give it up at this point though.

SORT YOURSELF OUT

Start with whatever you can manage.

JUST

Start by cleaning your room

SORT

Link to the lecture?

youtu.be/8ABa4RdNPxU?t=1h8m55s

YOURSELF

OAT

youtube.com/watch?v=8p0hsjS_zHs

here you go my friend

well sorted my friend

great art work user

Can someone explain where the Sort meme comes from? I've been listening to Peterson's talks for a couple days now but I've yet to hear him say something that would spawn this meme.

on the bottom right he looks like tom hanks

Switch the left and right columns

saved

Lads its fuck OUT

Jordan Peterson v. Sam Harris round 2

Have you listened to it yet?

Thoughts?

youtube.com/watch?v=31Ud7-EkZEI

sort your meme origins out bruh
while saving your father

Depression? I guess its true what they say the smarter you get the sadder you get.

He used to say it alot in his older lectures, he now say the same idea but not the phrase

I'm an atheist and even I think Harris is a fucking cunt. He seems not to give a fuck about having a genuine discussion and tries to force these Gotcha moments. That doesn't work when you're arguing against an actual intellectual and not some straw man fundamentalist.

It's really cool to hear Peterson defend his positions with someone who is completely opposed to them

His depression is hereditary he talks about it in a TVO video with his daughter

bump

God doesn't need to exist for Petersons idea of archetypes to be true. So it becomes an argument about religion with the pro-religion person not relying on the existence of god. Which Harris is not use too. I enjoy the discussion but hate when Harris goes "mmmm"

Why am I not smart like Jordan Sort it Out Peterson?

Anyone going to the panel on Friday?

How do I sort?

Attend what is in front of you

Clean your room, etc.

This is why I like Peterson so much, he is completely right that religious motivating forces seem to be a fundamental part of human psychology and that religions are an extension of the dominance hierarchy he talks of. I absolutely hate the moronic atheists who say the world would be better if religion just disappeared, for this reason, I always ask then what?

my gf is trans and she hates when I watch jbp's videos because of his whole thing with pronouns but I can't stop, it's like I'm getting the fatherly lessons I never got when I was a kid

You have to work at it. I really recommend you pick up Jung. The man has completely changed the way I look at Christianity and religion in general as well as how I understand people.

In his book Psychology and Alchemy he talks about how Alchemy had the same relationship to Christianity as The conscious mind has to the subconscious. In the same way I see the same relationship in Sup Forums and Sup Forums with mainstream political thought. Jung has changed how I understand the world and it is an amazing gift

Get reading, you can make it

T R I G G E R E D

Sam was not going for gotcha moments, sam is actually pretty levelheaded and rational. He was genuinely confused by Petersons notion of "highest moral truths" based around a darwinian survival of the fittest framework versus what sam sees as objective scientific truth.

I think Jordan was raising more ethical issues, and trying to lump ethics and metaphysics into the definition of "truth" whenever sam is going off the textbook defintion universally accepted explanation of yknow, absolute unyielding permanent facts, like water will always be H2O, there will always be objectively true facts, and the world is filled with these, and theres an answer for everything, even if we dont know it yet.

I think it's gay if they still have their penis but my gf had gotten rid of hers before I even

I think it's gay if they still have their penis but my gf had gotten rid of hers before I met her

Then communism or totalitarianism is what Peterson says. Like Sam says, things like human sacrifice are the problem with religion. Sams solution is destroy it. Petersons solution is update it.
Peterson is right in what he drew from Nietzsche, in saying that the sudden complete destruction of religion was to much for the human psyche to handle in the 19th century

>my gf is trans
>my gf

die reddit scum

I see Peterson as the substitute father for many in our generation, including me desu. High divorce rates

Jordan made his position clear when he said "that is a fact but it isn't true"

>what we know about sub atomic particles is factual if we make a hydrogen bomb
>if that hydrogen bomb gets us all killed that fact wasn't the whole truth

Sam wasn't confused he just disagrees with Peterson making a distinction between facts and truth

Tbh I meant more the first interaction between the two then the second.

There are no chicks with dicks; only dudes with boobs.

Sam is wrong.
There are truths out there witch we cannot prove yet.
Take math for example.
Pionere Conjecture took almost 100 years to prove its a absolute observable truth.

Math isn't what Peterson is talking about when he says truth though. When Peterson says truth he is including moral truth which sam disagrees with. I believe Peterson to be right as well

It does not matter. The same principle applies on that topic as well.

We just cannot know it all. Sometimes absolute truth is a bit skewed by our own brain.

You cannot measure everything.

I can understand the apprehension that Sam displays. When you are invested in a scientific and material paradigm everything feels very solid, you are like a docked ship. Speaking for myself, the more I have read especially things like the Gnostic texts, the more I began to appreciate them and therefore appreciate those things which his paradigm rejects. Suddenly you set adrift in the vast sea and it is terrifying.

Are you talking about the Poincare Conjecture and that Russian guy who proved it and turned down all the awards?

Do you think Peterson has read the Stoics like Epictetus or Marcus Aurelius?

Yeah. Pelerman.

As a person in the sciences reading up on philosophy really opens the mind up to the different levels of knowledge and why science isn't the answer to everything.

the fact it took 100 years to prove as absolute truth did not make it any less true

Yeah thats my point.
It was truth but it wasn't prooven and Sam would probably spreg over it.

This. This is a huge problem in engineering and even into the rest of academia right now. We are being "nudged" into an over-simplistic model of reality, in which all knowledge works the same way, all problems can be solved given this homogenized knowledge, and therefore questioning an engineer is heresy.

for me he's like a reminder of things i've thought but never articulated.
i come from a two parent home. somewhat dysfunctional, but nothing that left me scarred, just pensive.
>my dad is a christian preacher/minister/missionary
preachers kids do suffer a lot, spiritually
what peterson says is basically a refresher course for me.

Agreed, Harris remains incapable of comprehending Peterson's position regardless of legitimate disagreement.

luke skywalker is darth vaders' son.
Fact
The truth though, is that starwars is not real.

there's a distinction between truth and fact.
facts of a fantasy aren't true, just factual.

paraphrasing Peterson himself, science is a powerful method of decerning very real facts of reality but to say that that method can account for all knowledge is absurd.

Yes.

>How Alchemy had the same relationship to Christianity
Could you explain this a little more? Peterson's got me interested in Jung, but I dont know if Im versed enough in psychology to comprehend his material yet

>he thinks there is a self to sort out

"""""canadian intellectuals"""""

argh, I may be too drunk for this but I will give it a shot. So the Jungian concept of the shadow is composed of all those pieces good and bad that are not in the conscious mind of the individual. The relationship between Christianity and Alchemy was the same. The areas where the church was deficient was expressed, often in a way that was not consciously recognized, by those who practiced alchemy,

Jung talks a lot about opposites, ying and yang. In Christianity you had Christ the redeemer who rescued the the divine spark of man from the world of the material. In Alchemy you had the alchemist trying to rescues the divine from the material object. Instead of god saving man it was man saving god.

With that you also had man, in his quest to understand the unknown, projecting into the unknown, his psychic reality. So Alchemy was more than turning lead into gold it was about the transformation of the alchemist.

JUST SORT MYSELF OUT SENPAI

He looks relatively healthy in this picture. What went wrong?

Ive been trying for two weeks

he says it very emphatically a few times in the rogan interview

came for peterson
stayed for sticky ass
10/10

His attempts to reason with idiots proved utterly fruitless.

Harris' "mmmmm" should be a meme.

If he has, it doesn't seem like incorporates them into his philosophy on living/being much at all. Which is understandable. I like stoicism, but its core dogma has an anti-spiritual aspect, I don't think it jives well with Peterson's ideas of ancient archetypes.

To add to that the Alchemist also borrowed from Gnostic and Hermetic texts. So maybe you can look at it as an attempt to bring balance to the divide between Gnosis and Faith. As the church made the Gnostic text heretical and focused on a faith based approach you saw the growth of other forms of worship that would bridge that divide and compete the religious experience.

I don't know if that is right, just something I have observed so far

I love how he salutes mein Führer before every lecture.

thats a good way to put it user
have a rare peterson

Fruit and serpents.

Seriously though, I guess he sorted himself out to levels that shouldn't even be possible, and got /fit/.

This is the best thing i have ever seen

Ok thanks that makes it a lot clearer. I like these ideas of the subconscious expressing itself in strange ways

Start small.
Make a list of targets
>6pm tidy desk
>7pm tidy the corner
>8pm fold clothes
>9pm take trash out

Even if you miss the targets, you've still made a start.
Also, get some air freshener. Research shows that detergent type smells put you into a tidier state of mind.