How come all the best jazz music is made by black people...

How come all the best jazz music is made by black people? I thought Sup Forums said black people are stupid and never create anything valuable? Is Sup Forums, dare I say it, BTFO yet again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-UT3qeqzejI
youtube.com/watch?v=qYclhjTIK40&list=PLWyPNg0_xyJcah2TbRvJCM-5ml9ouVX_2&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=gZ_rZZusz90
youtube.com/watch?v=c_hw73ptGog
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

jazz was invented by white pharoahs in egypt thousands of years ago

>How come all the best jazz music is made by black people?
Its shit genre

You win Autist of the Day

Dont be retard, best jazz is made by niggers because only niggers are fans of jazz, its just like rap

Miles Davis was a genius. There's a reason you not only picked him but had to pick him. Very few black musicians of his caliber ever lived. There are dozens of white musicians who possess equivalent skill and talent working right now, and we're in a dry spell.

youtube.com/watch?v=-UT3qeqzejI

Fucking pleb. Jazz is great music. Without jazz you wouldn't have blues - or rock

and also best techno and house music was made by black people from Detroit and Chicago

>implying white people arent better at rap

and best blues was made by black people

>implying wiggers are white people

Genres like Blues, Jazz, and Hip-Hop are strange. The best of those genres are majority black. There's, like, very few good white rappers (Eminem, Macklemore is okay despite being a leftist ideologue, etc.) and very few good white Jazz artists (Brubeck is based as fuck). Strange phenomenon.

Because back then Blacks were a proud people experiencing exponential growth, many coming from two parent households.

Then the dems got them hooked on social programs that incentivized single motherhood, and taught them a victim mentality.

now we get mumble rap

also, saged cuz I know you didn't really want an answer

rock music was invented by ?

There wouldn't be any rock music without Chuck Berry.

Black people is perhaps responible for every major music genre.

Pop music is white folks music you say? Nope, Little Richard started that

The late 50s especially was an insanely fertile time for jazz. There are so many GREAT jazz albums from those years it's mindboggling. It's basically one classic album after another every week.

I think fusion is kind of a damp squib tobqh. Some of it's all right, but it's not on par with acoustic jazz. As cool as the Rhodes sound was, it just doesn't have the depth of an acoustic piano, and once the coolness factor wears off it's so inferior it's stupid. No fusion album can fuck with top-tier acoustic jazz.

12thpbp

>1 post by this ID

Honestly, why the fuck is everyone on Sup Forums so stupid and respond to bait threads.

Sage

Jazz music was even used as a tool in propaganda films in the 60s and 70s

>bitches brew is good jazz

Please. At least reference some good Miles Davis. Free Jazz is trash.

Why is he then the most sampled Jazz artist of all time in since the golden age of hip hop music?

There are not "very few" good white jazz artists, unless the entirety of your jazz knowledge comes from a starbucks sampler.

Joe Pass? Charlie Byrd? Pat Martino counts twice, because he relearned everything after a brain injury. Bill Evans? George Shearing? Barney Kessel? Buddy Rich? I could go on, but I'm bored with the premise.

Jazz was a meritocracy, many whites were there, and the blacks that were deserved it. Gonna put on Wes Montgomery right now

The best jazz band is The Weather Report. Main composer was white.

POP music was started by little richard? LOL

Gershwin taking phrases out of Debussy

FFS he didn't say Miles Davis sucked, he said Bitches Brew isn't his best

> Implying the Japanese aren't the waifu-tier gods of jazz and fusion

youtube.com/watch?v=qYclhjTIK40&list=PLWyPNg0_xyJcah2TbRvJCM-5ml9ouVX_2&index=1

He was the king of pop before MJ.

He was great, and a great showman. Also had almost nothing to do with the creation of pop music.

>Bitches Brew
>free jazz
Dude.

The ultimate red pill:
>most rap music listeners are white

I'm assuming that this thread will 404 but I'm gonna drop the music meritocracy pill on y'all. Jazz, classical, and other genres that take actual refinement to be good at are normally the most diversely genres. And not because of some forced affirmative action shit but because the cream resises to the top. If you go to to a classical recital at a college, you'll see the performers are basically the same population make up of the US. Jazz is a bit more male, but that's fading with time. As opposed to pop/rock, rap, or whatever, they have to be good at playing their instruments.

Sage though because this thread is garbo

youtube.com/watch?v=gZ_rZZusz90

btw fuck this six pages of captcha bullshit.

well who then?

>what is baroque?

www youtube.com/watch?v=Q87e6zNRJ3s

Thank me later.

How about Bob James? Isn't he one the all time greats within the popular Jazz scene?

Bitches brew is a masterpiece, but Round about midnight is easily his best album.

RIP

THANK you... I've been saging too

Already answered this. Gershwin.

Amen man, RIP. Slug is great too

Old jazz like louis armstrong is ok, a lot of the rest of it is largely far too musically noisy for me.

'Too much going on at once, everyone is playing.. quiet bit again.. BLAM BLAH SAX & HORNS..quiet bit..everyone is playing again..'

My favorite fusion jazz is Lonnie Liston Smith (and the Cosmic Echoes), no contest. Very funky-smooth and atmospheric. His style just hits me right in the feels. His first six or so albums are fabulous in that genre.

He also did a track with Guru (the late rapper). The piano on this track makes me jizz in my pants:
youtube.com/watch?v=c_hw73ptGog

>pop music
>good

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry to break it to you plebs but 2 or 3 minutes of repetitive riffs and pop beats based around 3-4 chords is literal retard babby shit. A 2 year old Mozart would scoff at modern "music".

Ethiopian jazz is the only good jazz.

You guys ever notice how funk, soul music from the seventies to eighties are heavy on commentary on black on black crime and call for unity. It's interesting.

Then newer black music goes to the opposite spectrum.

Good taste. Lonnie's Visions of a new World is one of my all time favorites.

Give black people white instruments and you'll get some cool shit.

Without the instruments they're fucked though.