People who argue God doesn't exist because they don't accept things like hell are making a fallacious argument

People who argue God doesn't exist because they don't accept things like hell are making a fallacious argument.
~accept God's authority -> ~God exists, is a non sequitur and creates a false equivocation between ~accept God and ~God exists.
That is, not accepting God's authority doesn't imply God doesn't exist.

"I don't like it therefore it doesn't real," is libtard logic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rT7wA1-isrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CPhi2Rhknlw
youtube.com/watch?v=95roZ_uHuQs
youtube.com/watch?v=Vw0tS8fM-iY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't believe in god therefore I don't believe he exists isn't fallacious.

The actual belief is ~God doesn't exist -> ~God has no authority, not ~don't accept god -> God doesn't exist

"I don't believe in God" is not equivalent to "I don't accept God." Ugh.
>If God exists, then God has authority
Agreed, but irrelevant.
>If accept God, then God doesn't exist
wat

The problem is you're all monkeys who don't know how to think.

Haha, you believe in a supreme being!

>2017
>not being christian

Heretics!

>Christianity considers us all the property of God.
No, we believe you're a strong, independent woman.

Isn't that illegal to say in Sweden

Ok, first off, I never said that I don't believe in god, just that your argument is shit.

Second,
>If God exists, then God has authority
>If accept God, then God doesn't exist
I never said any that.

What I said was that people think like this:

>God doesn't exist therefore
>God has no authority

As apposed to what you posted:

>Reject God's authority
>God doesn't exist

They don't believe there is a god, therefore you cannot use god's authority to argue against them, because they don't believe he exists to have authority. Your argument assumes that they recognize any aspect of god, but in reality they don't. And in your opinion, what about people who believe in other beings? Are they also wrong because they don't recognize the christian god's authority?

Go read a science book and give up on you ancient myths.

>God makes man in his image
>Despite the fact we exist on an infinitesimally small rock in a universe with an indeterminably large number of galaxies
>Toootally not a coincidence that God looks just like us and cares about what we do
>Heaven and Hell exist
>Despite the fact that thought, reason, personality, etc. are all a result of neurons firing in the brain
>Which decays after you die
>Toootally not a coincidence that the notion of not being dead for eternity is comfortable to us
At the very least, the burden of proof is on you to provide what you assert does exist. Proof requires something in some way observable.

The problem with God shenanigans has always been the definition of God. And the definition for it is one of the most subjective things of all time. So it seems silly to nitpick about this.

Please lurk before you start posting, you just gave me cancer

Oh wow you really got him....

You would think, but I doubt people want to critically think about it.

You can believe in whatever you wish. But not believing in something is not an argument to begin with. If your claim is backed up by evidence, then the disbeliever is propably denying reality, but there is no evidence and no logic in the belief in god.

Also, your argument is straight up retarded. I'd like it if god existed, I'd be glad if there was an afterlife. But I simply can't force myself to believe.

These are the worst arguments I've heard in my life...

If you reduce the size of the entire universe into a tiny ball that fits the palm of your hand, it does remove the need for an explanation of its existence even one bit.

This is just as stupid as saying "The Bible is old, therefore it's false". It does not follow whatsoever.

Also, the burden of proof lies on anyone who makes a claim to knowledge. Atheists claim "God does not exist", which is a claim to know something, and Theists as well claim the opposite, the only ones with no burden of proof are Agnostics.

I wish I had more time to stay here and discuss these topics but I have to go to bed soon...

I dont think Theists really consider the athiests response of "Well, you're saying these things about your deeply held beliefs, and why you hold them, but I was chatting with (rep of rival religion) and they essentially gave the same tier of reasons for their religion as you're giving me for yours.

What would you say to THEM to convince them? They're saying the same thing to you, they offer a similar argument for you to do THEIR thing. It doesn't compel you, why do you think it would compel them?"

it doesn't*

MFW people still don't understand that God is an idea and religion is just a set of morals that helps unite people.

Read a religious text.

>I like it therefore it does real

you fucking disphit

Reported to sharia court

Please go back to Plebbit. You don't know about philosophy.

The idea of a magic genie that grants wishes (prayers) and does magic things is absurd, insane, and (current year!).

The fact that people buy into this dumb...dumb...DUMB idea baffles me.

People know magic isn't real... but to the theist, god isn't just a great big magic man?

how does that even make sense to them?

burden of proof my nigga

>Empericism
Shit tier desu

But I like the idea of ultimate justice.
Doesn't mean I think it's little more than wishful thinking.

>faith
>proof
pick one my nigga

What is the scientific basis for morality?

le noble lie argument

--->REDUCTO ABSURDUM
you should believe in the giant magical invisible anus hovering above your head that will SUCK YOU UP if you do BAD THINGS and you will be devoured by the SHITWEASELS

----> because this means you will do good things

what a dumb fucking argument.

Poster READ a religious text, and its basically ALWAYS a bunch of RELIGIOUS FOREIGN NATIONALISM

TLDR you are not a jew. You will never BE a jew.
You are not from Meccha. You never will BE from Meccha.
You are not Roman. You will never BE from Vatican.

Why engage in magic foreign nationalism? Its stupid.

Reading ancient philosophy helped me understand this. Marcus Aurilius was a polytheist, yet the way he talks about God really opened my eyes.

Not an argument

>be alive for almost 30 years
>never see a single piece of evidence of the christian god's existence
>every time I visit Sup Forums I get clear evidence of the existence of Kek shoved into my face

Yes a god exists, and he looks like a frog. Shadilay!

>ellipsis on a message board

You want to know how I know you're a faggot?

I want to go in hell. Ppl in hell are funnier. Demon are nice.

There's no proof therefore it """"doesn't real"""""

Morality is shit, because its inflexable.
"THOU SHALT NOT" doesn't leave any room for "But what about if (good, really really good reasons)"

Morality comes from a book, and doesn't age with grace.

ETHICS is a different matter
Ethics is easy. "I don't do that because I wouldn't want him to do that to me. If everybody did that, it would suck"

Ethics > Morality every day of the week.

But this question is so easy to answer its laughable.

Moral and ethical codes arise because we are a co-operative social species, and we survive to pass on our ways better when we co-operate ethically.

Did you really mean to ask such an (obvious to me) question?

1) Go to Youtube
2) Search for debates and lectures by "William Lane Craig"
3) Actually listen and understand the arguments
4) ???
5) Profit

But you won't do that, and will come back tomorrow complaining about the lack of evidence, just like everyone else.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong though.

THIS PROVES GOD AND KEK

THE UNIVERSE IS MAJUCK

religion is based on science you fucking nigger. religion is a mash up of astrotheology which is origin in mathematics and astronomy. you really are mentally shallow and autistic garbage if you can't see this by now.

youtube.com/watch?v=rT7wA1-isrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CPhi2Rhknlw
youtube.com/watch?v=95roZ_uHuQs

>Morality is shit, because its inflexable.

Then go rape your daughter and kick your dog to death you fucking edgelord.

>failing to understand what the collective imagination of humanity meant by words like "hell" and "God"
>not interpreting religion through science and extracting the ethical meaning from it

holy shit you think "God made man in his image" god made us look like him, you have autism my friend

>"I don't like it therefore it doesn't real," is libtard logic.
>implying that is why people are atheists
>implying christcucks don't also believe shit because they want it to be true

A sylogism isn't evidence when an alternative explaination can be offered for a phenomena.

Basically, if I have a circular line of reasoning that is tautological, if the premises are bunk, it ain't worth shit truth wise.

It's not rape if she consents.

Begs the question, if there was proof , maybe not physical but something that everyone can experience through some "awakening", that God exists (and lets assume it's the most fundamental idea of a singular god) where exactly would people stand?

Because in order for anyone to believe in anything they must have faith in something at some point in there lives. Especially true for people who lost faith to begin with. If there was "proof" of God existence, would it be safe to say that those who lost faith can bring it back because they have "proof"? If not, how would religion work from then on?

>Despite the fact that thought, reason, personality, etc. are all a result of neurons firing in the brain

Did a biologist tell you that?

Welp, when yer brain dies and you stop existing, you'll see how much of your precious demoniacal deity is real m'kay

wow, what a rational response.
Would you like to go on record as representing the religious position?
I won't do that, because I'm not religious, and can see the ethical implications of what would happen if everybody behaved that way.

Morality IS shit, and if you don't think so, I'd like to burn you for wearing cotton, or working on the sabbath. Thats the MORAL thing to do.

Religiontard talking about logic? The darnedest things they say!

It may very well be a Creator, but the jump into concluding that it's a personal God (and surprisingly the one of the particular abrahamic religion you follow) is, quite literally, just a leap faith

There is no logical argument that derives a personal God with specific ties to humanity beyond the act of creation, and therefore no relationship of authority in the form of a revelation.

>Defending Jewish religion

everyone listen carefully, the nutcase who believes in magic is going to give us another lesson about the natural world and how it works.

>what is photoshop
pictures arent good proof anymore dummy

William Lane Craig is a shit-tier divine command theorist and gets his shit pushed in whenever he debates someone who actually comes prepared.

Would it sound more plausible to you if jesus told you bread fell from the sky and even though god knows every detail of the future you somehow still have free choice?

>god doesn't exist outside of exoteric semitic religions

Why would God be so cruel as to give us free will?

What is this chart?

I know, right?
YOU WILL NEVER BE AN ISRAELI LAND OWNING JEW

why worship a jewish deity?

I wouldn't lean on what little physiologists know about consciousness to make an argument. But seriously we can't let him get the nuclear codes.

>I won't do that, because I'm not religious, and can see the ethical implications of what would happen if everybody behaved that way.

The Ancient Greeks practiced peadophilia openly, so what right do you have to decry it? Not to mention the many societies in today's world where child rape is tolerated.

> and can see the ethical implications of what would happen if everybody behaved that way.

If everyone was a doctor, nothing would get done because the only thing that people know about is medicine. That is autistic reasoning and has no validity or use whatsoever.

>I'd like to burn you for wearing cotton, or working on the sabbath

Jesus never said either of them, neither has any Christian scholar.

I will believe in God once I am given a reason to.

I'm an athiest. Who's making leaps of faith now?

and yet you attempt to shit on the peer reviewed knowledge of experts in their field, and feel justified because you think magic is real?

(Its current year)

t.libtard

I didn't say so, I should've add "ITT:". It could also be not a single god (and it isn't single in abrahamic religions as well, although the brush it out as hard as they can)

Bananas do not exist, and so bananas have no authority, and so I don't accept bananas, so bananas do not exist.

There is no logic in that statement. The same applies if you replace bananas with God. Closing one's eyes and pretending something isn't real won't make that something not exist.

>can't spell pedophilia right
>think's he has an argument

>youtube.com/watch?v=Vw0tS8fM-iY

Just watched vid related, and it was complete bullshit. His argument is basically the cosmological argument for God that has been debunked a billion times.

>youtube.com/watch?v=rT7wA1-isrQ
>In english
>Bible was originally written in hebrew

Look guys, you take 9/11
9+11 = 20
11-9 = 2
20/2=10
J is the 10th letter of the alphabet
that means Jews did 9/11

Why are you comparing a physical object to a spiritual one?

I think you're trying to make an argument, but you just coughed up a bunch of non-sequiter shit.

Please confine your argument to morality and ethics please

>>I'd like to burn you for wearing cotton, or >working on the sabbath
>Jesus never said either of them, neither has >any Christian scholar.
I'm not confining my argument to christianity.
If its written in any religious text, by your argument, the demands are moral.

Thats obviously horseshit
but thats YOUR argument, not mine.

Morality _IS_ written dictatorship
Ethics is situational, personal and flexible.
If it has flaws, its flaws are also situational.

Ethics > stone age morality from a bunch of primitive savages seeking to justify their barbaric behavior

>eople who argue God doesn't exist
are just NPCs

I work in that field, you're obviously unfamiliar if you're trying to appeal to experts who don't have the stones to make a hard claim in their own published work

If banana was a just a concept and not an actual fruit you can see and eat then yes, Bananas would not exist.

ehh, spelling is one step away from tone policing.
His arguments are shit without mocking his spelling.
Americanised spelling is infuriating to those of a firm English bent anyhow.

Where He at do?

>inb4 everywhere

You're wrong OP. The argument is not that God doesn't exist because God is immoral. The argument is simply that God is immoral if he exists. Which is a denial of Christianity.

Christians make this mistake all the time, not realizing that their claim is much, much more specific and retarded than merely believing in sky daddy.

An atheist doesn't even have to have strong feelings either way about the possible existence of higher powers, it's simply a matter of recognizing how utterly retarded your stupid sand nigger sky daddy is

>Morality is shit, because its inflexable.

Then just go rape a bunch of little boys and drain and consume the blood of the Christians you hate so much, you fucking worthless Aussie kike.

You tied two statements together. If it were true that banana's didn't exist, they would have no authority, and the same applies to God. If somebody does not believe in god, he has no authority in their mind.

The second statement I listed was essentially OP's strawman:
>I don't accept banana's
>banana's don't exist.

The true argument against OP is the first statement, although OP proposed that the counterargument was the second. You missed the not in my statement.

I have nothing to say about your argument but will write a load of words so it looks like I haven't lost.

Here's some more words.

>Green text

*Pseudo formatting*

I can do this all night kid. Fact is, you're a glorified edgelord who has denied his own moral authority. Go move to Saudi Arabia and rape a 12 year old girl, then sleep soundly at night.

and I'm a millionaire!
I make thousands working from home, ask me how!

Fuck off, retard

Just trolling, seems obvious

>The whole "Christianity is a jewish religion meme".

Read this and then come back to me.
www.answering-christianity.com/jews1.htm

If you base gods existance on a belief, he can only exist on a subjective level, because there are no objective measurements you can use as basis for that belief. Therefore ones who search for objective beings with objectibve basis, don't see any value in a subjective god.

I don't need a thousand metaphors to figure out I shouldn't be a dick. Therefore I don't accept nor feel the obligation to follow the lessons of a morally constructed image.

Like I said, I won't DO that, because I'm not RELIGIOUS.
But YOU would, if you had a religious dictate to do, because, according to theist argument, if a god told you to do it, and a god is good, then doing so is good.

That is YOUR argument.

Ethically, thats not desirable, so the ethical implications are obvious.

Are you REALLY THAT STUPID, or are you just pretending to be dumb?

Got any pics of black holes?
top kek

Calm your tits, christcucks and fedora degenerates.
You seem to be forgetting that Sup Forums is an international anti-globalist alliance of multiracial Judeo-Christian white National-Libertarians.

The only thing we agree upon is hatred towards pedos

Still not an argument
Do you even know what you're trying to argue, or do you just get a stiffy calling people edgelord?

"Kid"

Is your country that shit where you equate working in research to being a plutocrat industrialist?

>I make thousands working from home, ask me how

I could tell you exactly how to do that if you had the seed capital and infrastructure

Stop spreading your autistic shit around Sup Forums.

OH FUCK
OH FUCK
OH FUCK
I JUST TYPED IN "m u s l i m s" AND IT CAME OUT AS pedos!

BASED HIROSHIMA!

That's the same as saying
LALALALALALALLALLALAL I DON'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALA.

fucking autists.

There's nothing to argue. I believe in morals, you do not. Debate is only helpful if we have shared axioms on which to base our respective opinions.

>I'm NOT RELIGIOUS SO MORALITY DOESN't APPLY TO ME, WAHHH.

That is literally your entire argument. Sweden is not religious in the slightest, and yet it is the rape capital of the world. All those people participating in mass orgies, and taking dicks up their asses 24/7 aren't religious. Does that make them somehow better individuals? Your entire argument runs of the flawed logic that morality runs of religion and is holding us back when in truth morality and religion have been the things that has been keeping this degeneracy in check, and keeping everything in order, you fucking kike shill.

Read any religious text its clearly supposed to be real

>Big bang happened for no reason, something from total nothing

>God made the universe for whatever reason

The big bang may as well be a god or gods doing, why would it be such a stretch to believe that something created something?
How does nothing create something?

Even if its some basic rules of physics that science can figure out and describe those rules that governed the creation of something from nothing, those laws may as well be considered divine and their existence the act of a grand architect.

The atheistic notion of something from nothing is mental entropy.

There was not nothing before the Big Bang, we just don't know what was before the Big Bang.