Trump wants to cut NASA

>trump wants to cut NASA

usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/03/16/what-does-trump-budget-eliminate/99223182/

Other urls found in this thread:

21stcentech.com/money-spent-nasa-not-waste/
hq.nasa.gov/office/aero/workshop_06_06/armd_esmd.pdf
usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/03/16/trumps-nasa-budget-preserves-mars-mission-cuts-earth-science-asteroid-trip-education/99227378/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>NASA administrator said in a recent interview that his foremost mission as head of America's space exploration agency is to improve relations with the Muslim world.

Fuck NASA.

Because (((nasa))) exists to produce and sell scifi fake news fantasies to the taxpayer, senpai

Trump is a short-sighted used car salesman who has been given too much power. Despite the fact that for every dollar that is invested into NASA the US economy gets over 60 dollars in return.

Our only long term chance to survive as a species is to populate more than one planet. NASA should be put in a position to spearhead that. Trump is a person who thinks that nerds are faggots because they say words he doesn't understand and he is afraid of them.

the only NASA cut

>Office of Education ($115 million), which the Trump budget says duplicates efforts by the agency's Science Mission Directorate.

>he didn't even read the article

The only NASA division that has been doing good work are the robot missions. Everything else should go to more capable hands.

Where does he believe the Muslim world is located? Venus?

Are you saying that you're relying on Trump's intricate knowledge of how NASA determines their budget of educating the public on NASA project?

We pay fractions on a cent for each federal dollar for this. Trump wants to waste hundreds of billions of dollars over four years and we are having a discussion about redundancy in NASA? Give me a break.

what are we wasting money on?

These. Also NASA got caught lying about global temps

Trump wants to increase the military budget which is hilariously absurd to me. We have more aircraft carriers than the rest of the world combined. The DOD is the largest employer in the world. We have over 30000 troops stationed in south korea for a war that ended 50 years ago. We spend more on the military than the next 10 countries combined, 8 of which are allies.

Talking about redundancy in NASA and not the military is like comparing the fire hazard of a candle to the great Chicago fire. We have people in this country that can't eat and don't have clean drinking water, but we want to through billions into a black hole when the DOD has not passed one audit in their history to see where our money is going. I mean what the fuck, this is so retarded.

This right here. Should have been completely defunded after this shit. If you're not going to space anymore, what the fuck are we paying you for?

if you NEETS actually paid taxes you'd now hoe much is sucks to give phat cheques to dorky scientists to tell everyone how stupid we all are

he's also going to invest like a trillion in infrastructure and is trying to cut taxes to incentivize businesses to be created and grow. People with jobs can buy their own food, it's nice.

We should just cut NASA and hire the a Russian Space program division over here in the States

can you post a real news source and not clickbait?

Sean Spicer recently said something most people don't understand: a reduction in money to an agency does not necessarily mean a "cut"

Trump wants to make NASA leaner and less of a laughingstock, and the only way to do that is to remove unnecessary positions and cut worthless departments

Trump recently signed H.R. 321 which dealt with improving NASA's public image and recruitment for future employees. He wouldn't have bothered if he was just going to "cut NASA"

Look up what happened in New York in 1980 with the bankers. Trump is going to sell off public resources to private companies who are going to ultimately restrict public infrastructure goods and services until your water company behaves like Comcast. Is that a world you want to live in? I certainly don't. His first budget doesn't even address infrastructure, except for a wall which has already subject to criticism because it will be ineffective and wasteful, and then military increases. That does not at all help the economy. It will help a very few private investors, the rich against the working class and you're fighting on behalf of the rich because they convinced you that party lines are more important than you and your families' well being.

Privatization is the future faggot. Put it in the hands of businesses like space X and there's your intergalactic travel progression.

Space-X will replace it.

In all seriousness NASA is still basically a government agency and it's wasteful and bloated.

Every dollar invested into NASA returns over 60 dollars into the economy. The budget of our military and our sciences should be much more equal to each other. That is how we compete in a global market, not by creating huge fucking unecessary walls and bringing back a depletable resource like coal.

Elon and other private endeavors phenomenally more useful desu

in the realm of government spending NASA is like buying a $60 game when your electricity is about to be shut off. space exploration is important but, we have bigger issues at hand. Not to mention nasa has become a giant diversity hire affirmative action shit show

Somewhere along the way you got convinced that the government automatically equals wasteful and inefficient. Who stands to profit from that point of view? The private investors who make windfall profits from the privitization of public goods. Your life doesn't materially change, but they can condition you to fight their battles for them, and that is exactly what has happened.

Good. NASA is gay and a waste of tax money.

he's going to create jobs by cutting jobs

trump's prob gonna gradually let NASA go and let corporations fill in the niche, corporations are good. I know they're good because south park said so in that one episode with the underpants gnomes in it.

Exactly, spending billions just hang around doing nothing in low Earth Orbit

Why the hell not? It's an useless remnant of Cold War, existing only to create useless demonstrations of American power (and keep contractors like Elon Musk in business). Honestly, I was worried Trump might fail to cut it, given his love for all things YUGE.

NEWS FLASH! Obama did that already.......

Im so confused pls explain this meme

>Every dollar invested into NASA returns over 60 dollars into the economy.
Why not make it more?

Every dollar invested in NASA returns more than 60 dollars to the US economy. How is that gay? Are you afraid of math and science? Are you retarded?

By 1% you fucking moron. All these agencies he's cutting are vastly over inflated to pay for ridiculous pensions anyway. I don't 100% agree with all his choices but we can easily spend our tax money elsewhere to much better things. My biggest difference would be less in military and vastly more in our entire infrastructure since I truly do want to make america great again.

km/s = kill myself

I assume this figure comes straight from your ass.

We should, we can do that by quadrupling NASA's budget. I love SpaceX but they're not going to just share their tech with the public. The gov agencies act as a buffer from recession and NASA just happens to be very good at returning on their investment. Their too technical though and Trump and his plunder monkeys can't find the return without experts.

>Cut NASA
>Decrease Budget by 1%

Pick one faggot.

The fallacy here is that every dollar put into NASA equally makes back 60 dollars. That 60 dollars is an aggregate. Certain programs if subjected to more specific cost-benefit analysis would likely turn out to be net drains.

I was referring to just hanging around in low Earth Orbit. Enough waisting time and money there when everyone knows the real payoff is in getting to those asteroid fields and mining that stuff for epic profit.

>become president
>find out all the secrets
>turns out there really is no ayyyys or area 51
>fuck this space shit

shhhh it's ok. everyone is enthralled by the doublespeak, like this faggot newsflash: a reduction is money is a budget cut.

Maybe your arms are broken, let me google that for you:

21stcentech.com/money-spent-nasa-not-waste/

Are you saying that we should only measure an organizations success by their net losses? Microsoft's losses would dwarf NASA by several orders of magnitude. Look at the tax write-offs by fortune 500 companies. Come on.

>trump is cutting welfare by creating jobs!

Would love to hear from you how his budget will create sustained employment increases.

trump wants to cut everything that isn't the military because the military is all that matters, fuck conquering space, we haven't even conquered the planet desu

What comes from the office of education?

kek

Every agency could be slashed at least by 10% and there would be no functional impact. Too much bloat, too many cushy jobs that do nothing. They might need to prioritize which might make them useful.

Less government shitheads regulating the shit out of people with real jobs will produce more real jobs.

So basically you're a moron and have no idea what you're talking about?

>Going to mars before riding the world of muslim flith

Priorities burger.

What do europa lander and Asteroid Redirect Mission have to do with Muslims?

>Office of Education ($115 million), which the Trump budget says duplicates efforts by the agency's Science Mission Directorate.
So he doesn't want to cut any actual science or engineering.

Fuck you OP.

By a measly 1%.

He believes in space travel and wants NASA to get to mars.

That's okay, SpaceX will continue where they left off anyway.

Just keep using your telescopes and get out of the way for people with real ambition and drive.

NASA's budget should be multiplied because they provide growth in the economy.

Nevermind, found this:
hq.nasa.gov/office/aero/workshop_06_06/armd_esmd.pdf
They give a good amount of money to graduate students (1yr $2500) and research professors (3yr $100K). Feels bad man

They have a master plan

NASA or not Space will happen

>Sweden and Germany allowed on mars
I'm sorry what?

>Sends a person to the Moon. Sends robots to every planet in the solar system and beyond. Created hundreds of inventions of the 20th century.

God stop being so lazy you fucking nerds.

Yeah, he is increasing funding for certain projects and cutting bullshit ones like getting muh minorities interested in stem

NASA is pretty wasteful and has become to politicized. They can get their budget up when they start providing results.

Until then grants for commercial space development is a far better strategy and the future of space flight. Once asteroid mining is commercially viable you will see huge leaps in R+D and tons of investment money coming in. Until then, it's just a matter of getting the price of kg to orbit to come down in price.

usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/03/16/trumps-nasa-budget-preserves-mars-mission-cuts-earth-science-asteroid-trip-education/99227378/
>Trump's NASA budget preserves Mars mission, cuts Earth science, asteroid trip, education
Sounds like he's got his priorities right, desu

kek

Outdated meme, sorry

This, they'll just ship over refugees to Mars because it's not diverse enough.

Cut NASA cucked environmentalism shit.
Then rebuild the Mars program.
Deus Vult... in SPACE!

The education one is used to provide financial assistance to students and grants to professors. This cut makes student debt in STEM increase, and makes graduate school for physics and astronomy less attractive. Not a good thing family.

There's other programs in place for that, and they're probably more efficient; as far as I'm concerned, NASA has but one job, and that's to get us the hell off this rock.