François Hollande gets to live here

How can Americans even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_Palace,_Warsaw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Castle,_Warsaw
kultura.wp.pl/gid,15232284,galeria.html?T[page]=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_and_the_Jews
independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/move-over-canada-was-charles-darwin-one-of-ice-hockey-s-first-players-9433766.html
youtube.com/watch?v=edb0_mdlNk0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looks dumpy

Show your presidential house then.

Why not the palace of versailles?

I'm poor though, you're rich ;^)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_Palace,_Warsaw

Exactly, now Versailles is stunning

id rather live in the white house tbqh

Let's not lie to ourselves. Both our countries have pretty dank castles and villas.
>Versailles.
>Romanian ambassy in Paris.

You guys have had 2,000 years to amass wealth and put together impressive architecture. That's a hell of a head start.

With the exception of a few old Spanish forts that we inherited (in a sense, lol) we've only had like 300. Less than 200 if you count America as an independent nation and exclude colonial stuff.

I think we've done a pretty good job with the time we've had, though. The old section of DC is pretty nice.

This piece of shit.

I'm going to France in a month.
What are some aesthetic places to visit other than the shit Paris has to offer?

Thats for your elected leader? For a country that old?

Really? Looks like something I would rent on a vacation in florida

>Less than 200 if you count America as an independent nation

wut?

Lyon, Gascony, Brittany. Northern France weather will suck, esp Atlantic coast.

Oh fuck me I'm stupid. Got my numbers mixed up.

i just want to lay in that sunny yard all day.

the United States is the best representation of any country ever, the best inventions, culture and landmass. A lot of Canadians consider the US to be a second home, its a beautiful place and you have every right to be super nationalistic. I plan on moving down south some day in fact.

Both Canada and USA have no culture.

that was a nice comment and you ruined it. why must leaves always ruin a good thing?

Technically yes they do, the telephone and airplane would both classify under "Canadian" and "American" culture as they are intellectual achievements. What you're referring to is pic related, and even in that case both the United States and Canada have regarded cultures.

were basically one country, thats how we see it anyway, same country, different states
it only seems that way because the entire world is our culture

>Fracois Hollande shares the same position of power as Napoleon and St. Louis.

Honestly when will the French realize that Republicanism ruined their nation?

They're not where our head of state lives, lads.

>Thats for your elected leader? For a country that old?

Back when we wuz kangs we had this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Castle,_Warsaw

Sadly Warsaw was basically razed to the ground during ww2. Before the war it was this (click arrows): kultura.wp.pl/gid,15232284,galeria.html?T[page]=1

>Sadly Warsaw was basically razed to the ground during ww2
Should have given them the corridor then.

lol colonies btfo, sup fellow sovereign nation, how goes collecting taxes?

If only we changed our flag back we'd actually feel like part of the commonwealth. I actually had to explain to my friends what the commonwealths were and how we are in both the French and British versions, pretty sad.

I wish you were kangs again, the Germs fucked you guys over a few too many times for what seems like no reason. A reformed Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth would be cool.

>Giving your presidents the residencies of your rightful sovereigns
wew

Wait, you're in the French commonwealth? Top fucking kek, you must be the only other white country in it.

We should colour code our rlags, you get the red ensign, Australia gets the blue ensign and New Zealand gets a white ensign, that way no one confuses them and we all keep our heritage.

The French chopped their rightful sovereign's head off 200 years ago.

WE WUZ FRENCHMEN AND SHIT

I never got why the rest of your country, outside of Quebec, does that. It's like if we acted Scottish in England.

>The French chopped their rightful sovereign's head off 200 years ago.

The french are apes, basically a case of gibs...

Amen. Bring back the Bonapartes!

You can't really take after Leopold's antics in the Congo.

Literally how did he get to walk infront of armed troops?

This is a massive meme when both are two of the most culturally influential countries on earth relative to population. I don't see many "cultured" countries making movies seen worldwide. Just Europoor WE WUZ CULTURED AND SHIT talking about how great their country was in terms of culture a few centuries ago.

Canada being culturally influential mostly is a result of them hanging off the coattails of America though.

>You can't really take after Leopold's antics in the Congo.

The line of the Belgian monarchy isn't even French, The first king of Belgium was a German prince.

>slowly, quietly building links and alliances within the armed forces
>waiting for the day le pen wins the election and then calls him to be emperor so the two of them can return france to glory
SOON

>nation that adopted American culture claims it invented said culture
I don't see the world playing hockey, canuck. You didn't influence shit.

Wrong
T. Texan

Pretty much, Nigeria is like the second most powerful in the commonwealth. Also I always wondered why we received red, as it used to be the basic colour for naval flags in the empire. Its fitting however, and theres nothing sexier than a Canadian who waves the red ensign above the leaf.

I fucking love Britain with all of my heart, and I've always felt drawn to visiting my homeland in Europe and I can safely say most Canadians feel similar. I'm Scottish-Irish with French, English and some native American, Canada feels like home, but so does tea, fish n chips and British isles. Cant wait to make it out there one day.

>bonerpants
Literally destroyed France though.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_and_the_Jews

Well I do see a lot of colder nations playing hockey, so that's just your opinion man. It's just a very impractical sport in most climates.

People also don't notice the leafs contribution to culture because it gets so muddled with the Americans. There are incognito leafs everywhere in Hollywood.

Living in Vancouver with half of my friends working in film I just can't self-delude myself into thinking Canada has absolutely no relevance when it comes to world culture.

In Britain we're taught how our empire saved Europe from single nations thrice, Napoleon, Wilhelm II, and Hitler. Once we get Free trade agreements with the commonwealth post Brexit that'll make it 4 times.

It really is a shame to see our colonies pulling away from us, with referendums on removing the union jack from the flag in New Zealand and Australia. Luckily it was rejected in NZ. Our people are culturally and genetically linked and us joining the EU over the Commonwealth was the worst move in our political history.

F

You're both wrong, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Belarus, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Denmark, Latvia and Japan really enjoy hockey and I've played in half of those countries due to my AAA team travelling. Although, ice hockey was invented in the UK and Charles Darwin is one of the first recorded players of the sport.

>independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/move-over-canada-was-charles-darwin-one-of-ice-hockey-s-first-players-9433766.html

P.S Im drunk and high on marijuana

Yeah Canada didn't invent it, they just sort of adopted it, popularized the shit out of it, started the biggest league, and spawned the GOAT.

I would still count Hockey as part of Canadian culture.

haha dude the only nice thing about that area is le cercle de l'union interalliƩe

Well that's a no-brainer, we're the best and our people unironically love it to the fullest extent. I'm guessing you at least played house league?

Nah, being straight I was simply too poor growing up to even consider Hockey so I never got into it. Also I lived in BC, which is the province with the worst climate for Hockey of all, where the only option is indoor rinks. Sort of intimidating to go against people who were playing hockey since the age of 4 TBQH.

Did some curling when I got older but the people in my local rec league are TOTAL unbelievable stick-up-their-ass faggots.

>being straight I was simple too poor

What? Well I live in Toronto which is basically American Canada and it gets plenty cold and snowy here for hockey. You should try coming out east sometime if its as you say in B.C, a winter in Churchill where I used to live will freeze your balls off and its the official Canadian test in my books.

I was straight up eating vegetarian pasta for dinner 7 nights a week poor at one point. Didn't really get out of that until my teens and by that time I already picked up other sports.

I played street hockey of course, and I could have played field hockey but it looked really really Faggy. Know somebody on Canadas national team though.

I mean I could have played field hockey but holy shit I wanted to retain my testicles.

youtube.com/watch?v=edb0_mdlNk0

Oh fuck, that sucks. I would suggest moving to Ontario because its pretty much the equivalent of moving to California in terms of money but I think its more important to keep the other provinces populated.

That looks pretty gay but its what I expected from an inferior version of a sport that has no contact or real danger.

The nicest palace in the world is ,surprisingly, in Romania. It's also the heaviest man made construction ever.