How do I redpill friends on vidya?

I seem to have lost friends to video games that consume their free time in what amounts to obvious escapism. It doesn't help that it's accompanied by drug use and other degenerate compulsions. How do I explain to a friend that video games are degenerate and tangential to meaningful pursuits in life?

Just honestly tell them there are better ways to spend you limited time in this world, tell them they could pursue their dream, or help the world became better place or browse nazi anime board

You can only save yourself.

Dad, stop using the computer. It's spying on you, you know!

Another rabbit hole entirely. Redpilling someone on the intricacies of mass surveillance would be an advanced step. It starts with weening someone away from the complacent scourge that is gaming.

Your claim is that video games are degenerate, but you're browsing Sup Forums... Huh.
Have anything to back your claim up other than "my friendz r fuked up n dey play vidya therefor VIDYA === BLUEPILED!!!!1"
Doubt it. Sage

Your claim is that video games are degenerate, but you're browsing Sup Forums.
Have anything to back your claim up other than "my friendz r fuked up n dey play vidya therefor VIDYA === BLUEPILED!!!!1"
Doubt it. Sage

I play video games and find lots of meaning in them. Who are you to decide what is meaningful to others?

idk so many people are unaware that most pro FPS scenes are dominated by wallhackers, idk what to do to get the word out

>vidya
>redpilled
Video games are designed to emasculate men and keep them inside to turn them into weak numales. When you have blue pilled garbage like Overwatch dominating the minds of gamers, it's no wonder so many of them are raving SJWs

This board is as degenerate as those like yourself make it. Because you can't engage in intelligent discourse you default to sperging and attacking the topic because you have nothing to add. Sounds like a buttmad gaymer to me.
>needing to back up claim that games are degenerate

This is reasonable, but only as much as someone that occasionally likes to gamble that otherwise has their life together. If someone can reasonably ascertain that gaming is escapism or otherwise a vice, it becomes something observably different.

>It doesn't help that it's accompanied by drug use and other degenerate compulsions.

Vidya isn't the problem, your friends are

Play games with them that allow some amount of talk and discussion. Just red pill them, talk ideas and get them motivated to do more than play vidya.
Vidya aren't inherently bad, they're just abused by young men these days. They're also used as a stand in for other forms of male bonding and camaraderie. There was a study that showed men receive more dopamine when playing competitive games against strangers, with rl friends on their team. This is indicative of that kind of cooperative need men have. Playing cod with friends is the equivalent to hunting mammoths during the ice age, for many men and their friends.
Point is, just scolding people will not change minds. Just be a good friend if they're worth your time (ie: they're good people and trustworthy) and spend time with them. When stuff comes up, talk about it and you'll change the minds that are open to being changed, for the friends that don't care or won't change, that's fine as long as they're good friends.
Only time you need a genuine intervention is when you see their lifestyle is destructive to them. Depression can be a good reason to share a little tough love.

kek

You make a concise and compelling point.

>Playing cod with friends is the equivalent to hunting mammoths during the ice age, for many men and their friends.

This. We should actually be encouraging competitive gaming bonding with young men and make them believe that to get better at the game they have to be mentally and physically fit.

Video games are okay.

MMO addiction is a more specific and more concerning part of it.

Fucking christ. You'll know it when you lose a friend to his own apathy.

>what is real sport

Yeah gaming is fun too, but shit

"Real sports" will be replaced by VR games by the end of the century. Might as well get a head start

No, they won't. Sport is amazing you're developing teamwork, getting fit, socializing, practicing physical skills. It literally makes you a better all round human being and fills the innate urge from man's hunting days to work as a team towards a goal.

I'm not saying you have to choose sport or competitive vidya just do both. If you only do the couch one you're insulting the capability of your body, you might as well poke out one of your eyes.

Children who don't get into sports withdraw into their own worlds and become weak

>needing to back up claim that

And just like that, you've lost anyone caring to make rational discourse with you.

Video games can improve socialization, critical thinking, problem solving, pattern recognition and fulfills mans primal need.

You are not as physical but I assure you games in the future will be

Will they really? Think your fat ass is going to play games for 4 hours if you had to run as much as the guy on the screen?

You could try hanging out with them.