Why don't youth subcultures exist anymore?

Why don't youth subcultures exist anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bX3EZCVj2XA
youtube.com/watch?v=EBxaFZq1Y5M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The media ceased using them as a tool of divisiveness.

Now they attempt to unite them under the banner of the SJW.

nah they still exist

Because it's gay

They do.

There's no need anymore, the culture that those groups were made to fight has almost become extinct. Moral decay and degeneracy is the norm

I thought we were a kind of subculture. Although not "youthly".

Pretty much every youth subculture still exists. There is simply too many of those to notice new ones. Also internet has further fragmented all subcultures.

They do. At least in Germany there is a huge subculture scene. Invisible to normies as they are good in hiding and staying underground.

they do. get out more

Followers of Islam would gladly behead everyone in that crowd. They don't see the irony, do they? They are importing the very people that are going to force them into a burka and have them praying multiple times a day

This sums up our generation pretty well

Is this a boy?

This is a very interesting topic and even though they might still exist in some countries, they are much less present than in the last ten years. At least in France, almost every sub-culture except for rap / white trash has almost disappeared.

Look at that fucking arm.

>Supporting Islam
>Supporting IGBT
>AT THE SAME TIME

internet happen. people found a way to express themselves through online persona instead of in person

Because the subversion effort has already taken place. They're moving on to the next phase.

youtu.be/bX3EZCVj2XA

Not completely non-existent, but as said they are far less prevalent than a decade or even less ago.

It's like youth subcultures (skateboarders, metal heads, wiggers/hip hop, goth/emo, graffiti) has been replaced by internet-driven youth mass culture.

They do but they're usually very superficial and replaceable. Went to a ton of metal concert's when I was younger and the people really "in the scene" are all more or less the same. On the outside, the atmosphere is nice and feel's real at first, but the people are shallow, empty, drunks without any real identity.

This and there are subcultures

We don't post online because we are not retarded

We have the subculture of cuck holding
Do that counts?

with the internet you dont have to formulate a public character based on consumerism to feel acceptance anymore

They do

muh dick! post moar nordbro

I used to be Goth, I still enjoy some of the music, but I do not dress "goth" anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=EBxaFZq1Y5M

you must have missed the big one somehow

They do.
We have normies, conservatives who keep quite because they'll get shouted down and we have SJW's.
Don't let them fool you into thinking the SJWs are the majority. They are just loud and in positions of power.

for me conventional subcultures differ from political movements.

What you've described are people with varied and oppositional political

Old subcultures grouped people around common activities that had no direct political meaning, like a certain genre of music or certain kind of activity like skateboarding.

Everyone is too lazy to do anything except complain on the internet.

Because you're not a youth anymore, thus aren't around them to see such subcultures.

you are fucking retard then

most of subcultures derive from social-political commentary, like for example punk's or neonazis, hippies or yuppies etc

I'm not saying that they are completely devoid of political content (nothing is).

But if you become a hippie it's because you like doing things like smoking pot and listening to rock music. The politics is ancillary or secondary to the non-political components.

it is the nature of late capitalism to co-opt every counter cultural movement and turn it into profit. little surprise that the closest thing to any kind of modern youth cultural movement with the power to breach the mainstream is being a 'hipster', which is nothing other than a postmodern pastiche of previous counter cultures regurgitated back into popular discourse by means of ideologically empty consumerism

They do they're just based off websites and more intertwined with politics.

and im not saying its devoid of group identity
quite opposite, im trying to tell you that group identity doesn't come before politicalcommentary
they are both equal there
in 60' being a hippy was exactly that, a political commentary about war in vietnam first and foremost, opposition to the system, being contrarian to cubical farms and white collar culture and talking about love instead of hate

even pot and sex thing was a cultural commentary more than just... you know pot and sex.

>which is nothing other than a postmodern pastiche of previous counter cultures regurgitated back into popular discourse

The analogy I used is that a hipster is the cultural equivalent of a mortgage backed security.

Turkeys voting for Christmas,

Subcultures don't exist anymore because every time an underground scene starts gaining any steam, it gets taken over by social media whores (mainly women), and (((people))) start lining up to profit off it or nip it in the bud if, depending on its potential effect on the status quo.

SJWs currently dictate the accepted status quo, so subcultures are, at best, completely bastardized. Cracks me up watching groups of people who have been convinced by (((them))) they are a slighted, attempt to form these weak counterculture movements that are nothing more than excuses to virtue signal.

This. Millenials are dying to be a part of any subculture, and fail to realize most movements are completely inorganic and prey on their narcissism.

Subcultures don't exists because everyone realized that they aren't unique especially if they all talk act and listen to the same things also most subcultures just ended up selling out anyway to stay relivent and finally after the success of the record industry in co-oping pretty much any subset of music and it's fans to make money off of every company in the world wants to have it's own little cult to make money off of so they actively look for anything see as 'not mainstream' and take it over asap
bonus social media helps something take off (go viral) but then because everyone sees it at once everyone burns out on it at a similar time so it dies just as quick as it arrives before the internet it took along time for things to spread thus it also took longer for them to die as well usually
additionally are right as well

Because of global homogenisation of youth culture thanks to sites like tumblr. Now they all act and look like sjws

Goddamn I miss fucking goth chicks in the 90s