Awareness

I'm curious; I think we can all agree that there is a difference in awareness by person. Is there a scientific base for this?

We have no scientific understanding of consciousness whatsoever. Zero.

bbbbbut all the pop-sci websites told me that we did

Maybe it can be attributed to intelligence, although intelligence is difficult to define, but there are certainly people who pay closer attention to the world around them and are able to better infer meaning from it. I'm just curious as to whether there is scientific basis to this.

> I think we can all agree that there is a difference in awareness by person
Do you mean general ability to cognitively perceive things, like intelligence? Or do you mean consciousness or sentience? You need to use more clear and unambiguous terms for something like this.

Awareness is probably more related to social engineering... What people have been told or the info that they have been exposed to makes them more or less aware of the "real world."
More intelligent people will be more able to sense and break the social engineering.

Sorry for being unclear. I'm talking about the ability to see through things and critically analyze things that people see. For example, I met somebody who legitimately believed that the Queen wanted to assassinate President Trump. I was wondering how they didn't see through that despite the fact that I would call them an intelligent person. Do you understand me?

only people with tremendous awareness are even aware enough to be aware of their awareness.

Have I posted in the wrong place?

consciousness is not paranormal

Neuro/cognitive sciences are relatively new (compared to, say, chemistry), and pretty politicized; so no, not yet.

Maybe you are the one who isn't seeing the full picture.

Maybe I'm not seeing the full picture; then we have to question why I'm not seeing the full picture. Is that ability linked to intelligence, however it is defined?

It's fine. I love these types of threads and they are on Sup Forums frequently. Technically, your OP is not political so a mod in a bad mood might delete it. When you make a threat like this just put a little bit of a political spin on it.

This thread will clearly lead to some shit like that because noone can watch in head of another. What you think is blue might look different from someone else. Who gives a shit

>threat like this
*thread like this

It's really more to do with philosophy than politics.
consciousness is cool and all but not overtly political.

Awareness is simply the ability to be conscious of your perspective.

If you are asking, how does one person know the truth when another does not?

The one who knows the truth can see perspectives beyond his own.

The who cannot, does not.

Enlightenment is the ability to be conscious of all perspectives and consequences in the moment.

All possible connections and machinations.

Outside of mathematics, and in the realm of human beings, perhaps truth (in the sense of 'reality') is merely the consensus story that the majority tells itself. It has been noted, for example, that the concept of 'history' is to a great degree explainable in this fashion. An interesting project in the vein of your original post might be to investigate which *types* of statements about history are most 'true' in an absolute sense, as far as that may be possible. Note that a mere accounting of the percentage of people which will believe a given statement is not at all what we'd be looking for, as it is clear that people can be convinced/brainwashed to believe differing versions of 'historical facts' en masse, etc. Are there categories of historical statements which are qualitatively more immune to being propagandized?

>Are there categories of historical statements which are qualitatively more immune to being propagandized?

Anything and everything can be propagandized.

Everything that has ever been said or written, has had a motive of some sort. Some more noble than others, but a motive, nonetheless.

Take nothing for granted.

Appreciate every perspective you can find.

Love yourself and your environment.

If you do this, you will always find the truth. There is no obfuscation for this method.

Sup Forums is "politically incorrect" not "r/politics"
the fact that people are not equal is a politically incorrect topic
pic unrelated

Ok, by that logic, what's politically incorrect about consciousness or awareness? It's pretty much purely philosophical and non-controversial.

Do some Wim Hof breathing methods, or kundalini you'll notice what true awareness means

Awareness is the same in each person, and we technically are that awareness. You just forgot you were pure consciousness because you became attached to indentifying as the body and mind. If you actually look inside yourself for a moment you realize that you are immaterial being.

Im pretty fucking aware